Day 21, nothing for 6 days

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by fozziebecs
    on

Argh! I’m on day 21 and no movement in weight or inches for 6 days now. I’m stubborn so I’m not giving up but how can you eat ~800 calories a day and see no change in that time? I have 4 stone to lose before a healthy BMI and before the stall I only lost around 9.5lbs so not that much compared to lots of the stories I see here. Not had chance to start exercise so very unlikely muscle weight.

Really I’m just venting and hoping someone might have been through this to reply with encouraging stories. All welcome!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Lots of us, perhaps even most of us have had this.

Sit tight and stick to the plan, it will shift again. Every few weeks I seem to lose only 0.5 across a whole week but it moves again. Don’t let it throw you off the path.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Don’t worry the weight will soon disappear again.
    Used to think that my body had stopped trying to burn fat and lose weight……grrr.
    How could it when I was trying so hard to do the right things?…..Frustration!

Now I think of it in an entirely different way.

My body has a range of physiological functions. It is making a concentrated effort to burn fat but it has other things to do as well.
    When it isn’t burning fat it is doing some necessary maintenance….. and having a bit of a tidy around!!!!!
    Not being lazy but doing some essential work before it can start on the important job of losing weight again.

Works for me:-)

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Yes, don’t get discouraged!

I had various plateaux, and it really puzzled me, as I could see I was looking a bit thinner, and my clothes were a bit looser. And I am also testing if I am burning fat with Ketostix (trying to follow less than 50 gm of carbs per day).
    So I wouldn’t lose any weight, but the Ketostix were showing I was definitely ‘burning fat’.

So I concluded it was going from the fat round my organs, my visceral fat – which is all good news! – and that the subcutaneous fat, the bit you can see/feel, would come later. I was told that the body burns the ‘dangerous’ visceral fat first, and then gets going on the subcutaneous stuff. And that the last of the subcutaneous to go will be the ‘belly wodge’ which is certainly the case with me.

Your body is a very interesting thing, and I believe it adjusts individually for all of us with this change of style of eating. Follow the BSD, keep the faith and trust your body, and you will see results – sometimes not in weight, but in measurements (and often also from feeling better in yourself). 🙂

Good luck!

• posted by FifiB
    on

Even if you have not started exercising, try starting walking daily to see if that helps at all. I’ve just started on day 8. I’ve lost 4kg but I know this is mainly water. However, I feel tired & low energy. I hope this will improve soon.

• posted by keeptrying
    on

hi fozziebecs
    I totally get how frustrating it all is
    although I don’t have any helpful tips
    as I have been doing this for over 6 weeks now (with one fail week in the middle)
    and have only lost just under 10 lbs (so it seems you are doing twice as well as me!!)
    I see people on here losing that in a week and – like you – I have around another 4 stone to lose

I do know I have been eating over 800 cal – but then there are others here doing that too and still losing massively
    reading all that was encouraging to start with
    now it is just making it harder and harder to continue
    personally I think I need to stop reading and try to enjoy the odd 1lbs

some people find measuring is showing loss when there is no weight shift but I am finding the measurements refusing to budge
    indeed they have barely changed at all since starting this (unlike the fastdiet where I lost several inches)

but like you – I will continue because I KNOW this is a healthier way to eat/live
    and I do believe you will continue to move ‘downwards’, as I have to believe I will too

just to say drinking lots of water is also important

sorry this is not a very supportive/helpful reply, but I wanted you to know that there are others of us feeling like you

xx

• posted by fozziebecs
    on

Thanks for the support, I’ve since had incremental losses of about 3lbs! Only 1.8lb off a stone on day 25 😀

• posted by JCH187
    on

I found weeks 3 and 4 really tough, I think I lost 2lbs across both weeks but week 5 saw a big loss. I’m not losing inches but it’s going from somewhere so I just keep plugging away knowing that these plateaus will come but also go too!

• posted by Ekaterina
    on

My husband and I have found digital scales (ours are by Tanita) that calculate BMI, fat percentage, visceral fat, metabolic age, to be useful as they can show body composition changes even if you don’t see much overall weight change on a week – we do a quick weight check daily and once a week the full analysis.
    What really helped me lose 10kg (happily I’ve now met my target of ‘below 9st’ in 10 weeks) was sticking to below 800 calories per day, no alcohol, using the recipes in the book only so no ‘cheats’ trying to find substitutes for bread etc that I’ve seen mentioned occasionally in this site, and keeping carbs such as pulses and beans low. Also beware sweeter fruit, we stuck with blueberries, raspberries and lots of apples (Braeburn and Granny Smith).
    I am confident that if you stick to the rules it will work for you and it is worth it. Best of luck.

Please log in or register to post a reply.