Day 12 and put weight on ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ž

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Emjomo
    on

Only 1lb.

Is this normal? I’ve been really strict with carbs and calories. Never been over 900 cals

Em x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Don’t panic, one pound could be as simple as a little water retention or a bit of constipation perhaps. A little fluctuation is normal and if you stick with it, I’m sure you will find that this sneaky little pound disappears almost as quickly as it arrived.

• posted by Emjomo
    on

Thanks SunnyB

• posted by Izzy
    on

many people gain a little or lose little or nothing some weeks (myself included) it’s normal just keep doing the right things and it will come off again.

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

Had those weeks too. A few things have helped me. Drink lots and lots of water everyday. Eat enough vegetables for roughage to stop constipation. Up your exercise levels even a little bit. I don’t count my calories just because I did so much of it in years gone by I have quite a good understanding of what is what. But I do know I get it wrong some days and can just feel in my body that I’ve overdone it. I then pull back the next day or two to much lower consumption.

It’s interesting to read how everyone does it. My biggest change with this plan is a shift in mindset. I used to think I could go on a diet, shift the excess, and go back to “normal eating”. I have the normal of a labrador left alone in a pie shop so that never worked. Never will. I’ve lost 18 lb in six weeks on this diet. At the end, I will take one week off,staying off alcohol and sugary foods but eating freely then as I am away on holiday. Then I will do another 8 weeks and that should be my weight at a good level for me. Then I plan to do 5:2 and use the system which works well for others. If weight hits 5lb above your ideal then back on the 800 til you’re at the ideal. I feel so much better eating like this. All the best to you.

• posted by Ziggy
    on

If, oops a bit of negativity there – I mean WHEN I lose enough after 8 weeks, I will do the 6:1 as a maintenance plan as the 5:2 would make me continue losing which I won’t really need.

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

Take it easy on yourself. It took many weeks of Ben and Jerry and Krispy Kreme to gain all this weight. It also takes time and efffort to lose it also.

I have a secret to better food cravings control:

A glass of water with lemon before your coffee.

A teaspoon of coconut oil before your coffee (Or in it as I crazily do)

A second teaspoon of coconut oil in afternoon.

Miraculously it cuts your cravings with lots of good fat.

Please log in or register to post a reply.