Countdown to Christmas

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Well dreamscometrue- you are a Christmas cracker! Getting into the 9s for Christmas is the best Christmas present ever! Do you remember months ago when we said how wonderful it would be to get to goal! Well done on finding a regime that had worked for you. You must be so happy. When I feel better I am going to go “hell for leather” to try and achieve somewhere near to my Christmas goal. I am hoping for as near to 140 as possible and then like you hope to get back into the 9s again and aim for 138 lb. I want my clothes to feel comfortable and not tight.

It was lovely to read your news this morning.

Keep going everyone. Christmas is coming and the crew are getting thin!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi fellow travellers!
    DCT late afternoon is a real danger zone for me too,I suspect it is for a lot of people
    Well done on yr ten day blitz! I havent been weighed after mine but today I noticed my dressing gown fastened more tightly,so think ive lost a little round my waist. ( As a teen,I had the smallest waist in my class.Sob!)
    I certainly feel lighter and more healthy and over the ten days Ive incorporated all sorts of other little good habits
    And whats made that easier than usual? Taking it O.D.A.A.T. Thinking I can do it,just for today….thanks BUSYBEE X
    CCATHY hope your tooth pain has subsided X
    Stay on our Magic Bus everyone X! On we go,beeeeep beeeeep !🙂🙃

• posted by Busybee
    on

I’m waving my mojo and hoping for good news on the scales on Friday after two weeks without weighing.
    So many passengers on the shiny bus so are so motivated at the moment and that in turn motivates others.
    Love your bus Christmas song CC!
    O.D.A.A.T.
    X B

on

I got giddy and went on the scales this morning! I blame dreamscometrue because her incredible weight loss this week inspired me! However, true to how things go for me, I was disappointed to see that I was 147 and had only lost 0.4 lbs in two weeks! It hasn’t disheartened me but I have to be realistic and I won’t be anywhere near where I want to be on Christmas Eve. As I’ve said many times to other members of the forum, it isn’t a race and when you achieve goal it doesn’t matter how long it has taken and yes, I know that scales don’t show the full picture. So, onwards and downwards I go. Am hoping to do a long fast next week- still don’t feel well enough to embark on a 40 hour fast. 27 days to Christmas Eve and who knows, you might see my name in the Guinness Book of a records as the slowest loser ever!
    Busybee- hope your weigh in tomorrow is more inspiring than mine was today!
    Note to self- don’t weigh until Christmas Eve!
    ODAAT – chipping away at those pesky pounds.

Get your Christmas cracker jokes ready for next week everyone! This is going to be a Christmas party bus!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi Everyone,Sorry I haven’t posted for a few days,I read everyone’s posts then mean to post myself and seem to never get round to it!I’m still plodding on,ClarinetCathy ever since your lovely post on 13th November I have been full of enthusiasm to stick to my food plan and amazingly have managed to,so thank you again for that.I see you are disappointed with your loss today but I know that you won’t let it stop your countdown!I am due to weigh myself tomorrow so will see how that goes but my clothes feel looser no matter what the scales tell me!Have a good day everyone.Dawn X

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Good morning fellow passengers,weighed myself this morning and have lost 3lbs so I’m pleased I have something to write on my sparkly chart again🙂It’s taken me down into the 10’s again which is a good incentive to stick with it as when I go up into the 11stone range it always seems to be a sticking point for me and takes ages to get below it.Hope everyone has a good day.Dawn X

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi Dawn. Wow that’s great news! And I’m so glad the sparkly chart is coming out of hiding again.

I know exactly what you mean about crossing the stone barrier. I was thinking about that just this morning. I’m currently dipping tantalisingly in and out of the 9’s. But it brought it all back to me that through my weight loss journey it really does seem much harder to get through the pound either side of the stone barrier, and then once you are under, to stay there. Almost as if there’s some magic tug of war or gravitational force pulling you back up again. Well done on your loss, and long may it last.

Cathy sorry you had such a disappointment but completely agree with all you said. And I also wanted to remind you of your words earlier this year about the importance of being kind to yourself. You’ve had a rotten time with your tooth recently, so the fact that you’ve lost weight is incredible in itself. I hope you’re feeling completely better soon and one day that whoosh WILL come.

Happy Black Friday everyone btw. I had intended to do all my shopping online today but it’s actually turning out to be a very busy day in various other ways, so that may just have to wait. I’m sure there are bargains to be had but equally I don’t want to waste ages looking for them – and also I know I’m prone to impulse buy if I do see a bargain, even if it’s not what I actually want!

Have a great weekend X

• posted by Busybee
    on

I’m pleased to announce that the whoosh fairy had visited and, at last, I have lost six pounds!!!!
    That includes about two/three of what I call carb pounds which up down according to whether I’m ‘good’ or eating the nasty white stuff!!
    When I lose some weight it strengthens my resolve but if the scales don’t show a change I am likely to head straight into self sabotage and eat for Britain!!! Ridiculous at my tender age!!!!
    We have four weeks left before Christmas and this is usually a dangerous time for me as there are lots of family and friends with birthdays to celebrate, but this year I will just be celebrating my own.
    Final push fellow passengers and let’s hold our mojo’s high so everyone on the bus can see them.
    O.D.A.A.T.
    X B

• posted by ADD6605
    on

WOW Busybee that’s fantastic,well done!
    Thanks DCT,my goal is to be in the 9s as I’m hoping that once I’m under 10 it will be easier to stop myself regaining much as my aim can be to STAY in the 9s.I think it must be 20 years at least since I was down there but here’s hoping it happens this year with the continued help of you all on the forum😀🎄❄️🙂🎄❄️ Dawn X

on

Busybee and Dawn- two awards winging their way to you for your fantastic weight loss achievement! 🥇 🥇. I am so impressed! You must be really thrilled that your hard work has rewarded you so kindly. Very inspirational. One day at a time seems to be working and how exciting to see the scales showing such a fantastic loss. Well done!

I checked my weight chart and I am 2lb lighter than I was this time last year and that made me feel better about myself! Rather than beating myself up about being as near to 140 lb I’ve changed my Christmas goal because I don’t think I can achieve 140 now with being such a slow loser and I don’t want to feel like a failure so instead I’ve decided to be lighter than I was last Christmas. On 19.12.19 I weighed 147.4 so I reckon anything under 147 will be a Christmas win and of course I will try my hardest to be the lowest I can be on Christmas Eve. I will work hard for every single ounce.

Some very inspirational losses happening for Christmas. Let’s make the next 27 days really count. Ding ding all aboard the battle bus!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thunderous applause for our big losers DAWN and BUSYBEE who welcomed the Whoosh fairy this week,hurrahhhhh!!
    The Crimbo Battle Bus is the only place where every loser wins XX😀
    Our bus is going a bit faster coz of the lighter load! Hold on to your hats!
    Whoosh fairy,please visit again xx 🧚‍♀️🧚🧚‍♀️And can you tell the Tooth fairy to make sure CCATHYS teeth are ok in future please. XXXXXX

on

Yowser, I definitely want a visit from the whoosh fairy 🧚‍♀️ and the tooth fairy 🧚‍♀️ please. I’ve had a terrible time since the tooth trouble began initially with toothache and post surgically with neuralgia and earache and gum pain. Not felt great for a few weeks. I am desperate to be a loser on the Crimbo Battle Bus. I will keep battling and hope that I get a visit from either fairy 🧚‍♀️ some time soon.

Thanks for your kind thoughts!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CCATHY sending hugs and the Get Well Soon FAIRY ❤️🧚‍♀️💜🧚‍♀️❤️🧚‍♀️💜🧚‍♀️❤️

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone, great to hear so many great losses. I am just quarter of a pound under my next stone level. I have only lost half a pound so far this week so wont be able to relax at bit at the weekend – sigh. Cathy, really feeling your pain, literally. Amazing how something so small as a tooth can cause so much pain. Last night I was sharpening a knife to slice some tomatoes really thin and the first thing I sliced was the top of my finger. Didnt go right through but lifted a flat. First of all just how much can a small cut bleed and, secondly, it really really hurts. I tried putting some spray on elastoplast but the blood leaked through. Then a couple of elastoplats criss crossed which came off in bed. Then today, after my shower I have put on a couple of steri-strips. Nevermind Cathy, we know this will pass. Says she, sounding like one of those life coaches. Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Yowser,let’s hope the WHOOSH fairy stays around for us all for the whole of December🧚‍♂️❄️🧚‍♂️❄️🧚‍♂️❄️ Dawn x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy Saturday-everyone xxx keep warm! 💜❤️

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi everyone , I haven’t posted in a while but have been reading everyone’s posts as they come to my email. So many times I’ve composed replies in my head, but then not got around to posting! I’ve been on the bus, but hiding away in the luggage hold – time I went back to my seat I think!

I’ve no major things going on at the moment but have some health issues, family issues, and work ones too! That’s life I guess, it’s smooth sailing sometimes and then you’re navigating through storms!

I keep a chart of my weekly losses (and gains!). At the start of this year I set myself a target to lose 10.8kg by the end of the year. I added up all of my weekly losses and I’ve actually shed over 20kg this year….but also regained almost 20kg, so my net loss so far this year is just 200g! Still I haven’t given up, I figured with 25 days to go till Christmas, and 32 till the end of the year, I could lose 100g per day and be a little more closer to my goal – and weigh less than I did last Christmas (thanks for giving me that idea Cathy). And if I shift the goal posts a little I could be at my goal by Easter…. that’s the plan anyway. Even when I reach that goal, I’ll still have another 10kg to lose, but that’s something I’ll work on later!

Jennie – I’m sorry to hear of your bereavement. Covid has caused problems and heartbreak for so many, I’m hoping that the vaccine will be successful and we can all get back to some semblance of normal life soon.

Cathy – if you are still in pain with your tooth it may be worth going back to the dentist. I had pain a couple of weeks after an extraction last year and it turned out I had a dry socket. She cleaned out the wound, and I had a course of antibiotics and it was all good after that.

Yowzer – thanks for all your positive words and quotes 🙂

Well I’m off to plan my meals for this week now. It’s 9.50am on Sunday morning and already 37 degrees – yesterday it got to 42! Too hot to do anything outside, I’m staying in with my air conditioner on!

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi all,

I am still here, still reading all your posts and applauding all you do!
    Sadly I may as well not be on the bus. I am at least sticking with the WOE but I think portion control has gone out the window. I am going on the fit of my clothes because stepping on the scales and seeing no progress was self defeating, but there is no progress going on how my clothes fit either. Oh well, I certainly won’t get anywhere if I don’t keep trying so that’s where I am now! Good luck and well done to everyone on the Christmas bus, just for still being here.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiii Everyone!
    SUEBLUE,You’re so right,” That’s life I guess, it’s smooth sailing sometimes and then you’re navigating through storms!”
    Thats how it goes!I love how youre staying positive and still making plans to lose weight,every baby step mean progress.
    Please can you send us a little of your warm sunshine,its so grey here!!x
    MARIET good to see you,please stay on the bus even if youre clinging onto your seat by yr fingernails.Sometimes its a white knuckle ride for me,sometimes Im not even clinging onto a seat,,Im running behind the bus trying to catch up! Its all ok.. Sometimes the expectations we make of ourselves can be overwhelming and exhausting,specially in this weirdest of years. I’m terrible for wanting big portions of everything,eating from a smaller dinnerplate fools me into thinking that yes I have a large enough portion ( sometimes!) x
    🎶❤️🎶❤️🎶❤️🎶❤️🎶❤️🎶❤️🎶❤️🎶❤️🎶❤️🎶❤️🎶❤️🎶❤️🎶❤️🎶❤️🎶❤️🎶❤️🎶❤️🎶❤️🎶

on

Hi Mariet

Sorry to read your sad post and I can assure you that like you, I’ve been clinging onto the handrail of the battle bus in desperation. No matter how hard I try I can’t seem to lose weight this time. Today I am fasting but despite only losing 0.4lb in a fortnight I am keeping on! I can’t go back to how I used to be and risk putting on even more weight. We have been on this journey together for a fair few years now and there is no alternative but to keep trying hard. I have ordered a book off ebay called the 3 step plan by Zoe Harcombe to maybe see if that can give me some tips for weight loss and maintenance. I loved this WOE when I initially lost my weight but for whatever reason, I am struggling now like you. Do you think our bodies are used to low carb?

SueBlue- Nice to see you back posting and sorry to read about your health issues and family and work issues- it’s been a terrible year for so many of us. I am so glad that you’re still plodding with us too and have crept out of the luggage hold and are firmly back in the bus and seated for the rest of the journey. Your plan is doable and it will be great to be able to say that we are weighing in lighter than we were last year especially after all the stress and worry that has been 2020. I know it’s hot in your part of Australia so keep drinking lots of water and eating salads and keep checking in with us all. We are all just doing what we can and trying our best to be the best we can be.

It’s getting cold here in the a north west of England and colder weather is forecast for the end of the week. My Christmas tree is up and I am going to write my Christmas Cards this week. I am not going anywhere near my unkind scales and will try and do a couple of long fasts each week until Christmas Eve when I will assess my progress, have a few days off plan before embarking once again on my weight loss journey.

Just do what you can everyone- one day at a time and if you have a slip up, then try again the next day.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CCATHY I totally agree…low carb seems harder now than it was first time round. Like you said,could be our bodies got bored with it,just dot respond the same any more. I dont feel any temptation to go back to calorie counting and SW,WW etc tho, I still believe in low carb.we have to stay patient I guess
    Let us know how you get on with yr book!❤️
    For animal lovers heres a v short vid of animals living in harmony. Beautiful creatures x
    https://www.facebook.com/BBCSpringwatch/videos/300820781343681/?vh=e
    🦔🦔🦔🦊🦊🦊🦔🦔🦔🦊🦊🦊🦔🦔🦔🦊🦊🦊🦔🦔🦔🦊🦊🦊🦔🦔🦔🦊🦊🦊🦔🦔🦔

on

Hello everyone, and here we are at December 1st. Which means that we start our Advent Calendar!

So each day please post something nice – for example a joke or inspirational thought or a great idea to treat yourself with. It doesn’t matter if we have more than one post on any particular day – the more the merrier.

Here’s a Christmas cracker joke to get us started:

What says Oh Oh Oh?
    Santa walking backwards!

Also a BIG welcome back to SueBlue and Mariet. Great to hear from you, and do stay onboard with us. I love Cathy’s Christmas goal – to be lighter this Christmas than last.

I had a blip over the weekend. Chinese takeaway and too much wine. So the pesky pounds cheered and leapt back on, as they do. So this week I’m chaining myself to the bus and hoping to get back below 140lb again and stay there this time ……

Have a great week everyone. Happy December X

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Dawn, Yowser, DCT, Cathy and SueBlue – I just wanted to say thanks for your kind thoughts. After my last post I decided to wait and start posting again after my relatives’ funeral which was last week. Very sadly, since then I’ve received the news that another close family member has died. So, I’ve decided to stop posting for now and come back after Christmas.
    However, I’ll still be reading and enjoying everyone’s posts and will be cheering you all on from the sidelines
    Cathy – I really hope that tooth pain is getting better.
    DCT – those 9s are great news!
    SueBlue – glad to see you posting again – here’s to that vaccine and taking the long view
    Yowser – you must be proud of your fellow Liverpudlians – you’ve even had praise from Boris – blimey!
    Dawn – still got my star stickers!

Take care
    Jennie xx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

DCT – the Advent Calendar is a great idea and I love that joke xx

on

Oh Jennie. I’m so sorry that you are having such a terrible time. What sad news for you and your family.

We will miss you on the bus but totally understand that you have other priorities right now. I hope our posts will help in some small way to cheer you up in these dark days.

Lots of love, and I look forward to hearing from you again when you are able. X

• posted by Busybee
    on

It’s lovely to see some ‘old’ passengers travelling on the bus – I have been around since 2016 and the sad thing is, I’m actually about the same weight now as I was then!
    Sobering thought.
    My weight has been up, down and stayed the same over the years and I have cried, cheered and hung my head in shame. However, I have not given up and probably won’t as what are the options?
    I do agree that our bodies get used to certain eating plans and that’s why, when we mix things up a bit we see a change.
    Time to cheer up I think so here is a pertinent joke:
    What happened to the man who stole the advent calendar? He got 25 days!
    O.D.A.A.T.
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thinking of you JENNIE and your family X Sending hugs,take care of yourself x❤️💜

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

What game do angels like to play?
    Ping pong merrily on high xxx
    O.D.A.A.T.
    🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅❄️🪅

on

Jennie
    So sorry to read that you’re having a difficult time and completely appreciate why you’ve decided to give yourself time away from the posting on the forum. Sending you my very best wishes at this difficult time and we will all look forward to welcoming you back in January when we jump aboard our brand new Fat Buster Bus.

on

Hi Busybee

Great to see you back in the thread – you’re in great company here with many of us still battling along so dust yourself down and strap yourself in for the ride of a lifetime. You’re right, we can’t give in!

I’ve just completed a 40 hour fast and guess what- could have gone on! Felt great and was wide away early this morning full of vim and vigour! I’m going to do two a week until Christmas Eve. Will be interesting to see if it has any impact in my weight but I won’t know because I’m not getting on the scales until Christmas Eve and I hope that there has been a WHOOSH!

Here is my first Christmas cracker joke of the season – Happy December everyone! 🎄 24 days to make a difference!
    Who hides in the bakery at Christmas? A mince spy!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

New start for December with an all out effort to reach that goal that keeps slipping. So nearly there so not going to let a small step back get in the way.

Quote for Christmas: This is not the year for saying what you want for Christmas but for being grateful for what you have got.

(One caveat is that we all know what we want and it has nothing to do with material stuff.

on

Morning all from a chilly UK. Hope everyone is safe and well.

Christmas joke for December 2nd . . .

Why don’t elves shop at Aldi?

Because they’re Lidl people . . . . .

Have a good day Countdowners X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good day Christmassy Countdowners! X

A gingerbread man went to the doctors with a sore knee..”A sore knee?” the doctor said. “Have you tried icing it?”
    ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

on

Hello Christmas countdowners

Woke up to some amazing news this morning that a vaccine has been approved safe for use for Covid and will be being rolled out as soon as supplies reach the Uk. This is wonderful news for everyone! It made me feel quite emotional.

Keep your eye on the prize everyone- life may be able to return to normal next year! No more hiding at home in tracksuits and leggings. We have so much to look forward to and if we can be leaner and healthier all the better.

Hope everyone is feeling inspired and doing their best. 22 days until I can eat my chocolate 🍊!!

on

What do snowmen eat for lunch……. icebergers!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I echo your words CCATHY!!!!!! what exciting news. 🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
    It does inspire me to keep going til crimbo eve then will join you for a few days of some festive treats,then back on the bus for a leaner healthier more normal 2021!
    Ps love yr new name for new year bus…fat busters bus!😀😀😀😀 xxx
    Santas favourite pizza…deep pan,crisp and even! X
    What do donkeys send at christmas? Muletide greetings! ( boom boom! as Basil Brush used to say!🦊)🧡💛

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Which author steals train sets from under the Christmas tree?
    “Nick Hornby.” 🌲🌲🌲🎄🎄🎄🌲🌲🌲🎄🎄🎄🎄🌲🌲🌲🎄🎄🎄🌲🌲🌲🎄🎄🎄🌲🌲🌲🌲🎄🎄🎄 xx

on

Hello everyone
    Hope you are making the most of everyday during advent to get as near to your goal as possible. Not weighed myself but today I tried my work trousers on, not worn them since I retired in March but have an appointment with a solicitor tomorrow with a relative and planned to wear them to be smart and they fitted me perfectly! I was really pleased about that.

Cracker joke of the day — What is the difference between Santa Claus and a Knight?…….. One slays a dragon and the other drags a sleigh (boom boom)! Yowser, I remember taking my younger brother to see Basil Brush 🦊 at the Manchester Opera House- we loved him.

🎄

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,had 2 days this week eating stuff DEFINITELY not on F800 plan so,not surprisingly,I have no loss to write on my chart this week.I hope everyone is keeping well,I will post more over weekend.Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi DAWN,lets get that chart sparkling some more! We’ve still got 3 weeks to go,one day at a time! X
    CCATHY well done on those trousers! Hope you enjoyed wearing them today x
    “Who hides in the bakery at Christmas?
    “A Mince Spy.”😀😀😀
    ☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️Happy weekend everyone!☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️

on

Hello Christmas Countdowners

Why does Santa have three garden? 🎅
    So he can hoe hoe hoe!

My black work trousers were very loose today- they were snug in March! Result!
    So keen to know what the scales say but enjoying the freedom of knowing they can’t upset me! It’s definitely making my journey less stressful and after my Christmas Eve weigh in I think I will weigh myself once a month!
    Keep your eye on the prize – I know we don’t have Christmas parties to enjoy this year but we have so much to look forward to in the New Year.

Have a good weekend everyone and be the best you can be.

on

Hello countdowners

I’ve just been looking at my first post on the Countdown to Christmas thread when we had 16 weeks to make a difference for Christmas. DCT started this thread in 31st August. I thought I’d easily get to my 138 lb goal in 16 weeks but I’ve really found it difficult to achieve any significant weight loss during this time. I’ve stuck to my plan and been consistent but I think my body is tuned into a low carb and low calorie diet. I am not complaining because my clothes feel comfortable and my old work trousers were loose yesterday and I am getting more comfortable in the summer white jeans I desperately wanted to wear back in June. The point I am trying to make is that I am glad we gave ourselves time to work at our goals and actually I have enjoyed the countdown and with 20 days to go I hope I will see some weight loss when I weigh myself on Christmas Eve. The Christmas countdown has taught me that I need to be strong, persistent and patient and that this is a way of eating forever! I hope I will achieve my goal at some point in the future but for now I am happy that I kept going despite another lockdown, despite not seeing family and friends, and despite not losing the weight I wanted to and am so thankful for the honesty, support and fun along this journey with my BSD family.

Less than three weeks to make a difference for Christmas and so many temptations at this time of year. Be strong everyone. Have a great weekend and do your best until Christmas. I will be taking a well earned week off plan at Christmas (I always do) so that I am raring to go again in the New Year. 2020 has been rubbish for so many of us but 2021 could be a different story.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi fellow bus passengers! Happy weekend! I echo yr thoughtful words CCATHY and i feel the same! XX
    I got measured this morning,and looks like ive lost three inches from my waist,one and a half inches from hips!🎶🎶
    Good news for me,but I still need to be about nine foot seven to get the height/ waist ratio right! 😀😀xx
    Joke for today….
    What kind of motorbike does Santa ride? A Holly Davidson! 🎄🎄🎄🎄 xxx
    Hold on to yr hats,the bus is picking up speed as the days count down to a merry crimble xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hope everyone has a good healthy happy week ahead,as we continue our bus travels thru the month of December!
    Take it O.D.A.A.T.! ! ☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️
    “How did it get so late so soon,
    Its night before its afternoon.
    December is here before its June,
    my goodness how the time has flewn.
    How did it get so late so soon.” ~ Dr Seuss

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hi countdowners.
    It’s great to see so many passengers positive and waving their mojos.
    I got off the bus at the wrong stop last week to have a mini break.
    I am however running after the bus to see if I can catch a little sparkle to motivate me once more.
    I will be back!!!!!
    Love to all
    X B

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hi countdowners.
    It’s great to see so many passengers positive and waving their mojos.
    I got off the bus at the wrong stop last week to have a mini break.
    I am however running after the bus to see if I can catch a little sparkle to motivate me once more.
    I will be back!!!!!
    Love to all
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh and some jokes,nearly forgot!
    What happened to the man who stole an Advent Calendar? He got 25 days!

Who delivers presents to baby sharks at Christmas? Santa Jaws!

What do they sing at a snowman’s birthday party? Freeze a jolly good fellow!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

B do you remember the buses when we were kids? And you got on and off at the back? Guys used to run after a bus,grab the rail and jump on while it was moving! Now we dont want you to try doing that and hurt yrself,so we will stop so you can get on safely and be welcomed back aboard! XXXX Ding ding, move along the bus please! Plenty of space upstairs!
    😀😀😀😀😀

on

Hello everyone

Am planning a fast tomorrow for 40 hours. Had a Sherry and a mince pie yesterday after a long cold walk which I thoroughly enjoyed. I enjoyed them both mindfully and didn’t beat myself up.

Whilst on the Christmas countdown thread I have found a sustainable and enjoyable way to lose weight
    1. Taking things one day at a time
    2. Not weighing myself daily- very liberating not knowing what I weigh every single day
    3. Using clothes as a weight loss guide- another pair of jeans tried on yesterday and zipped up- couldn’t get them fastened in the summer!
    4. Sharing my journey and taking advice and tips from the thread.
    5. Weekly 40 hour fast and doing 16:8 every day
    6. Taking things lighter and being kinder to myself

Just wanted to thank everyone for your kindness, patience and support. We are getting closer to our Christmas destination and i am going to use the next two weeks to give it my best.

Have a good week everyone. Let’s all try and be Christmas losers!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Loved reading your post Cathy, some great tips there 🙂 I too have just enjoyed a mince pie, my first one for this Christmas. I had planned to have them from Christmas Eve, but my online shopping order came last night and I noticed the Best Before date was the day after tomorrow, so what better excuse to open the packet 🙂
    I had a good week last week, I’m also doing a weekly weigh in and recorded a loss of 1.1kgs for the week, I just need to lose another kilo and I’ll be back to the weight I was just before last Christmas.
    Then my plan is to re-start and refocus in January and hopefully reach my original 2020 Goal by Easter.
    Keep the jokes coming Yowzer! It’s good to have a chuckle.

Please log in or register to post a reply.