Confusion on some recipes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Minnymiss
    on

Hello!

I am new here and am planning and preparing for starting this diet in a couple of weeks. I looked over the existing topics and couldn’t find this answer anywhere. In some of the recipes he says to add 3 oz of chopped cooked chicken to other ingredients. Does this mean I can use any kind of chicken, such as rotisserie or roasted or grilled? I know it’s a silly question I just want to make sure I’m understanding how to prepare meals the right way.

Thanks for your help!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Yes, as long as it is not the pre-packaged processed meat with can contain pumped in sugars or cereals. If you roast it yourself or buy it from a supermarket rotisser section, or if you have bought chicken breast or thighs etc and cooked them yourself. I do sometimes buy cooked chicken breast from the cold meats section, as long as it looks like real chicken it should be okay. If I am wrong someone will come on and answer because I don’t live in England and in my supermarket you can see them being cooked.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Some of the rotisserie chickens do use a sugar glaze to brown them and the chickens are often impregnated with flavour enhancers. I used to work on one of the counters that cooked them.

It is a minimal amount but it will be in virtually any rotisserie chicken or pre-cooked chicken.

In the short term it may not matter but it might be a wise move to prep your own further down the line once you’re used to the recipes and in the swing of the 8 week plan.

Good luck

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Thanks cmawp, yes my brother told me that which is why I suggested that someone from England should come on. In France they are not allowed to sugar glaze, they use and salt and spice rub, absolutely delicious but I take the skin off anyway so never eat the salt. Maybe just a finger dip.

I usually cook my own, like today for lunch I am having roasted chicken breast with roasted red pepper and asparagus, all that will be on it is olive oil and a little salt.

• posted by Minnymiss
    on

Thanks so much for your help. I’ll look up recipes for rotisserie chicken just to be on the safe side.

Please log in or register to post a reply.