Coffee

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Elleynia
    on

I’m not sure how much I should be restricting my coffee intake to. I tend to drink several cups of milky instant coffee. Obviously that’s going to add up the calories. Should I restrict it or cut it out totally?

• posted by Britta
    on

I think that’s probably a personal choice. I drink my coffee black so I’m not messing with that, but could you perhaps have a daily allowance of milk? Also I have recently started drinking green tea. Some of it is not very nice, but I can thoroughly recommend “Sencha Goji Berry Green Tea” which you can get online from The Tea Makers, which is a little bit fruity and very mild. The Tea Makers is a terribly addictive site, I must warn… I also recently bought “Exotic Chai of Madagascar” which I thought I’d put milk in and have when everyone else has hot chocolate (!) and I actually like it so much that I just drink it without the milk.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, if you are on the 800 BSD it might upset your calorie intake, is it just milk added or is it made with milk. Milk is also quite high in carbs (not potato high) so would be adding to carb intake. Work it out, if it doesn’t take you over cals and carbs go ahead, or try to cut it down a bit, try green tea or water. I would say restrict it, it is not serious so don’t make yourself miserable. I don’t know if the caffeine has any metabolic effects that would stop you losing weight. Someone will know.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Elleynia. Contrarily it fitted in very well with my Fast 800. I would froth up one large latte per day, approx 165ml of full fat milk. It was really filling and helped keep me on track. We all find how we best use our calories. It never took me over 50g carb, I often was around 30, depends on the rest of your food 🙂

• posted by Linn
    on

Hi Everyone, Try looking into using heavy cream as a milk substitute, it’s carb free and so rich that a little goes a long way. I’ve been dabbling with a no/low carb eating for a while and that’s what is commonly used to replace milk.

Please log in or register to post a reply.