Cheated today

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Wannabe8st
    on

Hi everybody
    I really like the atmosphere of this forum.It seems really supportive with added in humour.I have been following the diet for just under 2 weeks, had tuna salad for lunch then had an Arabic takeaway with lamb kebabs, humour, baba ganoush and salad.I tried to not eat the chips and rice but my willpower failed.I think I had about 75gs.Plus small piece of choc birthday cake.Have I ruined my diet? I feel that I have been so good for the two weeks.I have a physical job in the NHS and I walk on average 15 miles a week to and from work.Has anybody else had a blib then got straight back on it the next day?

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Wannabe8st
    I don’t think there is anyone in this forum who hasn’t had a blip. It definitely doesn’t ruin the diet. The best thing to do is get straight back on it tomorrow. If the scales go up a bit it will be water weight caused by by the carbs and you will find you lose it in a couple of days.

• posted by pkd2004
    on

I cheated yesterday – mini almond magnum and then again today. It’s a bad idea getting things into the house for a kids’ sleepover! I find weekends the hardest. Weekdays are fine. I am getting back on the horse!

• posted by Greeneyes
    on

I don’t think it will matter at all – not in the long run! I’ve only been doing this for 6 days, and haven’t ‘cheated’ yet, but if I do, I’m going to consider it a non-fasting day on the 5:2 diet!
    We’re only human.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Wannabe8stone Welcome to the forum. Like you, I love the humour and support we share. I hope you have dusted off and restarted with renewed enthusiasm. As others have said, blips happen. The most important thing is to draw a line, not beat yourself up about it, and get back on the right way of eating. Why even wait until the next day?? I’m not sure where I heard it, but I liked the analogy so here goes: if you got a speeding fine while out driving, would you then think “what the hell” and go for a fine for jumping the lights/parking badly etc etc on the same day? The other thing that might help to persuade you, is that “cheating” with carbs will make you feel hungry. If you need to indulge, then go for calories instead. Best of luck, and you will soon be called WhoopeeIam8stone – though maybe that’s a bit long!

• posted by Nicola12
    on

Hi Wannebe8stone,
    I slipped up about 6 weeks in and decided I’d have a week off of this way of eating, and it took me a long time to get back on it, and I really regret it. It sounds like you only had one ‘bad’ meal, so if you get straight back on it then you’ll be absolutely fine 😊

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Caroni
    I loved your analogy. Have copied it as it is so good.

• posted by Verano
    on

Great analogy caronl!

• posted by orgally
    on

I also cheated today but low carb cheating. Still cheating though!! Was terribly hungry today for some reason and had fish and cloud bread for dinner. Four tablespoons of mince, one third of a tub of chocolate, low carb ice cream and one third of a tub of salted caramel low carb ice cream. 250gms strawberries and 12 slices of pepperoni with cream cheese. Really disgusted with myself but must get back on it tomorrow. Any supporting and inspiring responses gratefully accepted to spur me on to get back on it tomorrow. Using the forum as a confessional.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Orgally — I think, looking at your food choices, that your cheat day was probably due to your insulin placing you in a difficult situation.
    If you cut all the cloud bread and the ice cream (low carb isn’t really helpful here) and have a solid piece of protein and two big servings of green veggies and some olives or a bit of cheese you can head off that low blood sugar state before it crushes you.
    It is almost impossible to control hunger when we are still eating the wrong kinds of carbs.
    And, if you are extra hungry, eat a bit of extra GOOD food — it’s better to eat a bit more than lose total control.
    So, just start again.

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Come on Orgally! Please don’t be disgusted with yourself; so you didn’t stick with the way of eating? Most of us don’t and should absolutely never beat yourself up over a day. It’s gone, back to the next mouthful and it will be right.
    Great advice from California Girl – just be kind to yourself.
    The concept of failure comes from the old calorie restricted diets; this is different. You’re being asked to ditch carbs. That is both easier and more difficult than restricting calories. Get on top of the carbs and you’ve got a new and easier life ahead of you. Never, ever blame yourself. 🙂
    Maggie

• posted by zinny
    on

I made Bakewell tarts yesterdayand I ate some of the almond mixture ! I won’t eat the pastrtry when it’s cooked, but could not resist a taste. Before BSD I would go on to eat bread and butter etc thinking oh well that’s it. Now I just thought well that was lovely, but I’m satisfied with the taste. I went on to do the rest of my tasks and then ate a normal bsd dinner. The point I’m trying to make is this, yes we will be tempted by food or someone saying oh go on go on it won’t hurt you. Just get back on the wagon and carry on in the BSD way. Don’t feel disgusted with yourself, we are human, failure is built in !

Please log in or register to post a reply.