Cauli Rice at Waitrose -we should support them!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

Just wanted to let everyone know about this product. Stumbled across this in the rice section of my local Waitrose and there are two varieties – original and Indian. It comes in a microwaveable pack which is so convenient. It’s made by a company called Cauli Rice Ltd – check it out on http://www.CauliRice.com.

The product is gluten and preservative free

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Tallyhoo, you can also get it at Tesco and Sainsbury’s Have you actually tried it? I was not that taken by it and decided I would try to make it myself (recipe in MM’s book) when cauli’s come back into season.

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

Hi Orchid, yes I have tried it…..we (hubby who has lost 1st 2 lbs whilst accompanying me on diet) actually took it to some good friends when we were having a curry take away and they tasted it too. It’s not fantastic but then I don’t think the stuff you make yourself is fantastic BUT it serves its purpose. You have a base for a curry/stir fry whatever. Psychologically you feel you are having proper rice as it comes out of a bag – daft I know, but you know what I mean. And the Indian one is brown so it looks curryish! Also, buying a cauliflower and making your own is just messy and more time consuming.

Give it a go as I think it’s so interesting that items like this are starting to come onto the market – someone’s paying attention!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.