Can't sleep!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by tinforest
    on

4 days in and this is my second night of being awake until 1.30am. Hungry! Is this going to pass? Am doing OK during day but at night no good. Thanks!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Tinforest
    try a high fat snack about an hour before bed. I use Greek yoghurt and berries, others use cheese, you get the idea.
    That should keep your digestive system working hard enough so it doesn’t have time to bother you with hunger.
    Once the plan really kicks in, you won’t get those hunger pangs.

• posted by tinforest
    on

thanks that is a good tip – i have to retrain my brain that fat is good and keeps you full. Finding it hard to believe the hunger pangs will go but if they do i will be delighted!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Try not to think of them as hunger pangs but carb cravings.
    That puts everthing in a different light, the cravings are your bodies way of trying to get you to give it the dangerous foods that it is used to but which are damaging your health, and this is all down to carbs being much easier to burn than fat which is what you’re forcing it to do.

• posted by tinforest
    on

thabk you that is a good way to look at it. hard feeling this discomfort and having no weight loss yet 🙁 where are you up to?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I’m in week 7
    Lost 20 pounds and blood sugar now below 7 fasting and 4 to 5 pre food.

• posted by Chameleonbeetle
    on

When you make big changes to habits of a lifetime, it takes awhile to retrain to new habits. I went low gluten years ago because of arthritis and I still occasionally crave certain items. This is where mindfulness helps, I mentally divert those thoughts for awhile and if there still there after a few months I give in to that craving. But I am finding the gaps are longer and I’m not enjoying it as much.

Please log in or register to post a reply.