Can I choose my own meals on the planner

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by VIP66
    on

There are some recipes on this diet that I’m struggling with…can I pick any recipe as long as it works out to 800 cals a day? Does it say this in the book?..I have missed that bit then if it does! I’m sticking to the planned meals but cannot stomach some of them…especially savoury food for breakfast other than salmon and eggs.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Yes, if you can work them out for yourself. Also there are other sites that do the low GI foods, the one I use is sparkpeople.com. I decided to stick to the menu plans in the book and have worked my way through all 4 weeks so now I am picking and chosing, leaving out the ones I didn’t live (Beetroot Falafels) and modifying the one’s I like except for some ingredients i.e. my mackerel dip is now a tuna dip. I tend to look at the calorie count rather than number of carbs but stay completely away from the forbidden carbs. Good luck and let us know if you come up with any good recipes.

• posted by VIP66
    on

Thanks from reply..really helps that info. I am on week 3 and I seriously can’t stand this. I’m hungry…feel lightheaded….and these recipes are really getting me down. I have been pleasantly surprised by some of them…but only some…it’s a good job I’m off for 6 week…I seem to be forever planning, shopping, and cooking… I feel I could never live like this…I can’t stop fantasising about TOAST…oh I could just eat half a loaf right now! ….anyway sorry for the moan….felt really alone on this and it is a relief to find this forum.. this is the best path for me though so I am persevering with it. Will let you know what recipes I come up with…thanks again sunshine-girl 😊

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I have not used the recipes in the book at all, but have devised meals and menus for myself and just ensured I am as close to the 800 each day as poss. Obviously over a period of weeks, there will be some days you are under and some over, it will all balance out eventually. Worth keeping an eye of carbs too – best kept at 50g or under. The lightheadedness is all part of the carb withdrawal and will pass.
    Hopefully things will settle for you soon. Make sure you have enough fat in your diet, as this is important for making you feel sated and stay feeling full for longer. Drink plenty as well and use plenty of above ground veggies.

You didn’t say what your results have been so far. I hope you have see some positive benefit from being on the BSD. Keep us posted and make good use to the forum – it’s an excellent place to unload and get support, as well as celebrating successes.

• posted by VIP66
    on

Thanks SunnyB for the encouraging reply…I feel tons better already just speaking to you two today….yes I think I will be making my own dishes very soon and a positive from the book is that it’s given me some self discipline plus seeing the weight come off yes…so that is pretty amazing. 🌹

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Glad to here you are in a better headspace now VIP66. Let us know how you get on and give us some posts on your progress soon.

Please log in or register to post a reply.