Calorie Value in The 8 Week Book – Recipes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

I know I have read on this forum re the calorie value being somewhat out on some recipes ( perhaps even all? ) and did anyone get a reasonable answer why that is?

Made the Portebello Toast this morning on Page 187
    Entered all figures into My Fitness Pal via barcodes ( such a neat little thing that)
    Comes out at 296 for the meal whereas in book it states 150 calories – serving is for 1 ( maybe it should state serves 2!!

Apart from the fact I am now aware and will do the Calcs before embarking on recipe – I do think it needs addressing for those who just follow the book and don’t do the calculations.

Trying not to be too negative!!

• posted by k.rae
    on

Omg, i did the exact same at the weekend. No more Portebello toast for me! I also find the recipes in the book at very high carb (even though its all veg) my macros on myfitnesspal show that my carbs are nearly 45% on some days. So i think i may cut back using the recipes in the book or adapt them so I’m eating less carby veg. I just finished my first week and didn’t lose any weight so I’m a bit disheartened but onwards and upwards!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

I know K.Rae!!

maddening but at least we know now….

I am adapting like you to so the cals suit me…

• posted by k.rae
    on

How far are you into the diet?
    How are you finding it all?
    I’ve just completed my first week and sadly not much movement on the scales 🙁

• posted by 1960smp
    on

I am finding it good actually.
    I have lost 5 pounds since Sunday this week as so many diff things got in my way last week to be completely applying it to my life. I am drinking lots of water which is helping.
    I do a low carb way of eating and am not really mfp addict yet lol as with so much to deal with in other stuff this is the best I can do.

I am away this next week and are planning foods for that.

Hoping to be able to not indulge where unnecceassary……..

Please log in or register to post a reply.