BSD vs Optifast 800

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LoseGrowLove
    on

I found this diet because I was recommended by my doctor to do the Optifast 800 diet. It is a diet of five Optifast drinks that total 800 calories. I would be on the diet until I lost the 80 lbs that I need to lose and they projected that to be February 2017. I started last week but the drinks are disgusting and I cannot imagine drinking shakes for the next 9 or more months of my life. Has anyone tried Optifast? How dies this compare? I think I will be switching,

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi LGL

I have not and will not ever try shakes again. It is very old history but I found them revolting and the very thought now brings it all back. Recently on one of the blogs I saw similar reactions.

What I can tell you about this BSD is how simple, easy, and effective it is. I am in a land of kgs, have a goal of about 18kg loss total, about 35-40lbs by rough reckoning. I have averaged a kg a week, less than many on the program but @ 10kg down I am a different person. I have been on most diets known to mankind over the years all with similar hit and miss results. Not only am I losing weight on this I feel great, have a lovely energy to get out exercising every day. The support via the blogs is a huge help. Shakes work for some but once you come off them, food management is still to be mastered. Learn that as you go on the BSD. The plus side of not feeling hungry very often, enjoying the flavour of food in a new way, feeling full and leaving food on the plate to be taken away are all liberating experiences.

My fast diet cook books have bookmarks all the way through, great food.

Enjoying the journey as many of us are.
    Nettle.

Please log in or register to post a reply.