BSD SO FAR

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by GSEDAL1921
    on

Started on the 800 BSD on 1st May with a result of 9.0 on blood sugar monitor, now down to 6.9 this morning and have lost just over one stone in weight….. not sure if I am doing the diet 100% proper but seem to be getting some right results so must be doing something right! The feelings of hunger getting less and have just about stopped dreaming about my fav. ready salted crisps! which is something for me! looking forward to seeing less of myself when I look in the mirror and seeing blood sugar going down into the ‘safe’ level soon!

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi GSEDAL1921
    Great news about the blood sugar results and over 1 stone since 1st May is a fantastic result. You must definitely be doing something right! Yes, crisps were definitely one of my downfalls, too, but luckily for us it does get easier the longer you keep off the carbs. Keep going and you’ll see those blood sugars coming down into the normal range again – there are quite a few of us on here for whom it’s worked. If you have any questions, just ask. Again, really well done on those results.
    Marie xx

• posted by Sallyo
    on

This is great to read. I’m new too. I started on the 13th of May. My Blood Sugars have just got into the pre-diabetic range at 6.8. I have another fasting blood test in 12 weeks time and I’ll wait until then to see how they go. I’m planning on doing 8 weeks of low carb. I can’t count calories – or I won’t. But I have managed to cut out sugar, bread, rice, pasta and potatoes out of my diet and I am trying to up the exercise. So far I’ve lost a kilo and 3 cm off my waist; that’s after a week. After 8 weeks l’ll try to let more carbs into my life, and glasses of wine on occasion, but I am hoping to radically change the way I eat. And exercise is a key for me. So I’m not doing it 100% proper but it’s what I can do. Keeping it going for 8 weeks is the challenge. Good luck.

• posted by GSEDAL1921
    on

Thanks for the support, I haven’t cut carbs out completely but instead of having half my plate filled with the white stuff I will have a dessert spoon of rice or half a small potato … sometime as a couple of chips(?) or if the family want pasta I make enough pasta for one person and share between three of us! Am doing the weight machine and getting the tape measure out on 1st and 16th of month and as I have rather a lot of weight to lose am going to follow the BSD until end of July then go onto 5:2 or maybe 4:3 who knows.
    Good luck to all out there we can do it, we will do it, personally I will show hubby and son I can stick to something at long last!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.