BSD and working

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LainieUK
    on

Hi everyone.

I had a really successful 10 weeks on BSD from August to October, then I got a job. It was easy doing the BSD when I wasn’t working but with the stress of starting with a new company I’ve struggled to establish a healthy eating pattern. I really want to do BSD again as it made me feel so well and so in control. Has anyone had any success with BSD and fitting it into work? I’d reallly welcome your advice and suggestions. I seem to have such a strong urge to eat when I get home but it’s more about relaxing than being hungry. Maybe I should plan a walk or a swim to use that as my method of relaxing.

Thanks everyone

Elaine

• posted by josie53
    on

i take a small tin of tuna in oil a quarter of avocado and some tomatoes, if i get hungry i have a teaspoon of crunchy peanut butter

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi Elaine. This is me exactly so I sympathise. I come back from work and eat after being good all day. I think it’s wanting to wind down after the day of work? I am starting BSD again from my next meal tomorrow morning – why wait until 1st Jan?! I lost loads last year and have kept it off until it crept up in December as was then prescribed meds which have weight gain as side effect. Combined with Christmas, the effect has been horrible… 5 extra kilos WHICH I AM DETERMINED TO GET RID OF! Happy to join you in this new start and hope suggestions below might be helpful – since I have been mulling over much the same thing.
    What’s worked before? Slow cooker dinner (chucked in before leaving in morning) so food is ready when I get home. And writing myself a note on fridge to have several cups of tea before touching food. I cannot exercise when coming home but wonder if taking time to relax on way home – stopping car for 10 minute? – might get me in a better place before I get home (and by extension closer to the fridge!).
    Accountability on these forums seems the best help and support… many hours reading and posting last year helps me hugely.
    Challenge for tomorrow morning: get out running whatever the weather. And buy in BSD friendly food to have a substitute for all the things the family is stuffing themselves with.

Julia

• posted by LainieUK
    on

Hi Julia

I’ m starting tomorrow as well. I reckon if I can get 3 days under my belt before I go back to work then it might help me to keep going. I like the idea of the note about having cups of tea and having the 10 minute break in the car. I found these forums so helpful earlier this year so will get back in the habit of using them for my main source of support.

Do keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on.

Last time I had 3 meals a day – is that what you do?

Elaine

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Elaine

three meals, yes – I need to feel like I am eating! This morning has been good so far. Breakfast was of necessity a spinach, coconut flour and chia seed pattie – with a small slice of black pudding. Meds side effect is constipation – don’t think that would be my breakfast of choice otherwise. Wind blowing a howling gale up here in Edinburgh, but am going out running shortly anyway. Will get some endorphins released which is always good. Fixing kitchen first as the family seems to think it just fixes itself and I am still the only one up – honestly, the sooner we get back to non-holiday routine the better!

All the best to you today! And for tonight… we are spending it with friends but I already volunteered to be the driver so that will help the calories. Happy New Year – here’s to a healthy 2017 to one and all!

Julia

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hello! I also have the urge to raid the fridge practically as soon as I walk in the door! I do relatively well at work as I usually bring in my breakfast and lunch. Luckily the canteen is far enough away to make it an effort to go down there looking for snacks 🙂 Things that work for me in the witching hour(s) between arriving home and having dinner are:
    spoonful of peanut butter
    peppermint tea
    fizzy water
    boiled egg
    couple of slices of cold meats

Non-food related things to distract myself from eating include general housework, going for a quick walk or doing exercises indoors, having a bath, phoning friends/family, meal planning/prep for the next few days. I reckon I am about 90% successful. The remaining 10% is when the insatiable hunger monster strikes and I have to go with it!

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Major unplanned victory.

I was presenting at a client’s conference today in a nice hotel in central London.

Firstly due to the tube strike I walked to and from the hotel (18,000 steps) and secondly the buffet lunch had poached salmon, courgetti and caponata as an option – Big Win!

• posted by Angela06
    on

Oh isn’t it wonderful when the fates are on your side! What a great day, JulesMaigret.

Mine not so great…I made mince pies for my learning English group but you can probably guess where this is going……they loved the mince pies and the three I tried were pretty good too. I’ve got my second group tomorrow who are absolutely not getting mince pies!

Feeling disappointed!

Please log in or register to post a reply.