Brussels

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Moose2
    on

I love Brussels but I can not see them mentioned anywhere in the book. Are they to be avoided

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Moose2. Welcome

Me too. I’ve chopped some up & put them in salads. They are good to go & are listed in the original Reversing Type 2 menu (Prof Roy Taylor Newcastle Uni)
    Original list of veg:
    Cabbage,Celery, Carrots, Peppers, BRUSSEL SPROUTS, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Lettuce, Artichoke, Mung bean sprouts, Cauliflower, Onions, Leeks, Radish, Broccoli, Bean Sprouts, Mushrooms, Water chestnuts
    And everything else mentioned in the BSD book

Don’t worry about maintenance , by the time you are there you will be great at making the food & have tried posted recipes from the site. Also go look at meal suggestions for low carb diets on the web. Vegetarian & vegan meals are tasty I’ve found, & I’m neither You can always add protein to them

Good luck. Enjoy
    Eureka

• posted by Shrinkydinkyman
    on

I would be weary of eating too many Carrots, as they have a high sugar content. As do Parsnips and Swede.

• posted by FiFiP
    on

Hi folks, thought raw carrots = good, cooked carrots converts the starch to sugar = bad?

I love a raw carrot , please tell me they are OK to gnaw on when I get a nibble-need !

• posted by Janet1973
    on

9.5 g of carbs per 100 g for raw carrot so better than chocolate or crisps but not quite as good as veg like cauliflower or broccoli which about 7g. In the grand scheme of things, not a lot carbs unless you are aiming for under 20 g a day

Please log in or register to post a reply.