Breakfast ideas please

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SusanR
    on

Hi all

I am a newcomer this diet, which I have decided to undertake to lead a healthier lifestyle, and to help my husband who is boarderline diabetic.

Can you all give me some ideas what we can have for a quick breakfast, as my staples used to be toast or cereal …

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by lab
    on

Yeo natural yoghurt, handful of blueberries and seeds, is really good and quick – I have this before going to work at 6.30 so it definitely is quick and easy!

Hope it goes well, I am on my fourth day so best of luck!

Lesley

• posted by SusanR
    on

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Sarahs999
    on

Try the no carb Bircher in the book. I chuck it all in the night before apart from the walnuts. It’s yum.

• posted by Longteeball
    on

Heuvos Rancheros is what i have a lot now. Really filling and made with black beans is high in protein. I dont bother with a tortilla just have a couple of fried eggs and some grated cheese on top…..lush.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Cook a veg frittata the night before, store in the fridge, and then warm it up in the morning? Easy and yummy ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by CaravanSue
    on

Hello SusanR my choice of breakfast now is this quick and easy dish which I do in a microwave omlette pan just using one side:
    a handful of baby spinach, 4 cherry tomatoes halved and 2 eggs cracked over the top, salt and pepper and microwave for 1min 20 for soft eggs or a bit longer for harder eggs.
    Good luck on your journey โ˜บ

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi, I have a few ‘go to’ breakfasts now.

I echo the yoghurt and fruit option, I have that often (this morning!) I’ve switched to fage total but yeo valley is also nice.

I’ve also been making a morning shake – 1/2 cup raspberries, 125g fage total yog, 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened it’s really low cal) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and sweetner to taste, add ice if you like, whizz up in the blender and enjoy.

eggs, I like mine simple. Just two boiled eggs chopped up in a cup with salt and pepper. Fry em, scramble em, bake em, eggs are a great option.

Pancakes! I use this recipe, and you can make a batch and freeze, they thaw out nicely and I warm them slightly in the micro and mash a few berries to top them with.

https://elanaspantry.com/silver-dollar-pancakes/

Also, breakfast doesn’t have to be ‘breakfasty’ you can eat anything you like within BSD guidance. Got a portion of last nights dinner left?

• posted by lab
    on

What is almond milk really like? Although i have a walnut tree in my garden i dont like nuts and so the thought of drinking something which tastes of nuts is slightly strange to me?

• posted by Timmy
    on

I’m with SusanR, for me the quickest and easiest is 2 spoonfuls of natural yoghurt, and a sprinkle of roughly chops nuts and seeds (I bought a load of nuts and seeds, chopped the nuts roughly and mixed them all in a tupperware, they all came in something like 600 cal per 100g so I know that 15g is 90cal), topped of with a handfull of berries. Top tip, buy frozen berries, much cheaper!

I go slightly off grid in that I also have 15g of rolled oats. I have bought the expensive whole oat ones rather than porridge oats. I have that most days apart from my fasting days (I’m doing the 5:2) where I’ve found I cope better if I have a brunch.

• posted by SusanR
    on

Thanks so much for all your suggestions guys … I am feeling much more positive about leaving my toast and cereal behind now!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Almond milk doesn’t taste nutty to me, it’s a milder flavour than normal milk. Certainly when whizzed up with yoghurt and fruit you wouldn’t know it wasn’t made with cows milk.

Please log in or register to post a reply.