Blood sugar diet combined with fasting.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Australian_Addict
    on

Hi,

I am addicted to carbohydrates. I have known I was addicted to lollies and sugar for years but I only recently figured out that I was staying in the addiction loop because when I stopped sugar I would pick up my chip/crisp consumption. When I cut down my chips and crisps I would eat more bread. So I stumbled upon the are you addicted to carbohydrates quiz last night and since I have read the blood sugar diet book.

I am going to do a combined fasting and blood sugar diet. I have got my husband to agree to fasting and if I make low carbohydrate meals on the feeding days then he will be on it with me. 🙂 On fasting days we have only one meal which is set. I am going to have two shakes (for 200 cal each) and vegetables during the feeding days and then I will make a meal for dinner which we will eat as a family.

Is anyone else doing the shakes rather than real food?

Thanks,
    Emily

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

Hello Mate!

OMG! I am starting to talk like an Aussie. I stayed too long in Christ Church, which still is fixing up from that crazy earthquake. LOL

Anyways, fasting a whole day is quite unsuccessful because of mebabolic system goes into a crazy starvation mode.

What I do instead is:

Intermittent fasting: Eat 8 hours, Fast 16 hours

I suggest on starting 12 and 12 hours. Then change to 8 and 16.

I am writing this as I am starving to death on a religious fasting day today. I WANT FOOD! LOL How do Muslims fast a whole month ??????

If you dive in all the way, you will fail. Do so gradually and it becomes a habit. My personal schedule for eating is:

12:00 Lunch (Skipped breakfast)

15:00 Snack (Cottage cheese or other high fiber high protein)

18:00 Meat or fish dinner (Soups do wonders for me)

Fast until Noon the next day. 8 hours in bed asleep, and 8 hours awake.

If you have medical problems, I suggest to get a doctor’s A OK first.

Cheerio,

Daniel

Please log in or register to post a reply.