Baked beans?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tofa
    on

Hi is it really OK to eat half a tin of Heinz baked beans (albeit low sugar) on Portobello mushroom….see recipes. It seemed very sweet and I would not normally choose something with “sugar” as an ingredient only not much in larder tonight! Clarification please maybe there are tinned baked beans that I don’t know about? Thanks Tofa

• posted by Florasalopia
    on

I have a question about this too. Is half a tin, half of a small tin or the larger tin?

• posted by Bissell
    on

I had this last night for tea. I worked out the calories from half a big tin of Branston beans (because they were in the cupboard) and my calculations were the same as the book. I added 1/4 teaspoon marmite to the beans too. Lush! So from a calorific point it was fine.

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi,
    I have just looked up the recipe and it only says baked beans and not the make, and I agree, not the size. The calories are estimated at 260cals per serving. 2 Portobello mushrooms – estimate 40 cals, mozzarella – a handful (?) say 20 grams is 60 cals so that leaves 160 cals for the baked beans. I just looked up the Sainsbury’s website and for a 415g can of Heinz baked beans, half of that is 164 cals – so it is likely this recipe is for that size of can.
    As to which brand you use and the sugar content, so long as you count it within your carb and or calorie allowance, then your own personal circumstances will dictate which you choose – the sugar may cause a spike for diabetics, but be ok for others.
    Hope that helps.

Please log in or register to post a reply.