Back from the dark side

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Just do it
    on

Hello again everyone,

I got pulled back over to the dark side of the evil simple carbs recently but after many false starts am this morning dragging myself kicking and screaming back to the BSD. Just a few pounds of damage but feeling bloated, lazy, clothes too tight again and very annoyed with myself so goodbye choccies and croissants – health here I come!

Right, last few weeks forgotten and behind me, have weighed in, dug out and strapped on pedometer, drunk a litre of water and am planning a swim, 10 000 steps, yoga and max 800 cals/40g carbs today.

Really looking forward to starting afresh. My weight loss was very slow first time round which probably lead to me slipping off track but I’m hoping for a good first week and am feeling incredibly positive and enthusiastic.

Congratulations to all those who I see are still sticking with it since I was last in here and good luck to all you newbies.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Good luck, Just Do It, and welcome back.
    Sounds like you’ve got yourself back into the right frame of mind. Have a plan and try to keep to it. I think just about everyone has had their wobbles/catastrophes/AWOL moments, none of us are saints – so long as you admit to yourself where it went wrong and restart you should get back on track pretty quickly. Personally, I feel I need a bit of relaxation with what I’m eating every so often so I can refocus and get things moving again.
    My weekly weight loss hasn’t been spectacular, more slow and relatively steady, but it mounts up over time. I just keep plugging away. I guess some of us just have to be patient!
    Best wishes for a successful restart!

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hi welcome back, you did it and you are doing it again because you know that these simple addictions have complex effects. Don’t beat yourself up, take a slower pace maybe. We know fewer carbs is good and when replaced by fat and protein we do get the hunger pangs. We all trip up occasionally but we know how to get back. All the best, Just Do it!

• posted by Just do it
    on

Thank RozyDozy and SkyWalker. Yes, the BSD is really easy to get back into again and in just one day I’ve lost half the weight I put back on during my two week blip, amazing. My carb addiction is clearly still alive and kicking but with time I’m sure I will conquer it or at least keep it under better control.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Welcome back Just do it!

Please log in or register to post a reply.