Awful reality check!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Langerhans
    on

So, on Day 3, which is good. Usual VLCD symptoms but it will pass.

Anyway, does anybody else recognise this feeling? Years of self delusion that I’m cuddly, curvy, well-rounded, comfortable in my own skin, BBW, etc…

And then the realisation that I am mornidly obese, over twice the weight I should be. The reason I get out of breath isn’t just mild asthma, the effort to get up stairs isn’t just that they’re steep, the choice to wear loose tops and skirts or yoga pants or voluminous dresses isn’t boho chic. I am fat. Dangerously fat.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Langerhans

but the good thing is – you’ve made a start on BSD, so that’s a great first step in changing all those things

As well as long term goals, which may seem out of your reach, like halving your weight, do set yourself some short term targets too, whether that’s weight, fitting into certain clothes, achieving a physical goal.
    If you don’t have one already, invest in a pedometer, that’s a good starter to upping your activity levels.

hope that everything goes well for you

• posted by Brightspark
    on

Yep, I think a lot of us have had those feelings.
    The thing is, no matter how hard it feels, the journey will be worth it.
    I went to my GP because my shoulder and hip pain was so bad I decided to go for the surgery I’d been putting off. I also got out of breath going upstairs. My GP told me in no uncertain terms that part of my problem was my weight. She told me I was diabetic and had high cholesterol and that if I wasn’t careful i would not only need surgery but be on medication for the rest of my (shortened) life. She told me to try and lose weight and see how my shoulder was in a few weeks.
    Later that day I found the BSD almost by accident. I set a start date with my husband who is also overweight and we decided to go for it.
    We’ve now lost 38lbs EACH in about 4 months. We not only look better, we both feel fabulous. I’ve dropped from a UK18 dress size to a UK12 and he’s gone from a XXL to L. It’s costing a small fortune in new clothes! We’ve still got more weight to lose and I’m now not doing strictly 800 cals a day but try to keep as close as possible to it. We still avoid carbs and sugar although he likes a bowl of cereal with skimmed milk in the evening.
    My suggestion would be to take pictures every week or two, both naked and clothed, just for your eyes only. And keep a diary of what you eat, when you eat and your likes and dislikes. Keep a weight diary or graph and you’ll see the results on a daily basis.The difference can be staggering in the first month but you’ve got to want to do it.
    And I haven’t taken a pain killer since I started the BSD. For the first time in years, I wake up, get up and enjoy my day. Every aspect of my life has improved and I love my new body.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Brightspark, what a wonderful wonderful story, so inspirational – and I absolutely know what you mean when you say you now wake up, get up and enjoy your day. I do too.

Welcome Langerhans, very best wishes for your BSD journey and with such inspiration from Brightspark, look forward to a new life 🙂

• posted by Langerhans
    on

Thank you all for your kind and encouraging comments. Frog – I have got a weight goal for this 8 weeks. I have a Withings Pulse – I’m wobbly when I walk but trying to increase the steps. Brightspark – thank you so much for sharing your BSD journey. I concur with Igorasusual – so inspiring! I hope I’ll be following in your lighter footsteps soon. Day four now and feeling hopeful x

• posted by fatnfifty
    on

Ohh Brightspark…… I want to be you x

Please log in or register to post a reply.