Anyone using my fitness pal?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Frog
    on

I’ve been logging food intake on MFP for a couple of weeks – today I decided to start logging exercise as well.
    Having logged the stuff that I’d done in the gym, I realised that MFP had amended all the food targets by the calories that I had used in the exercise logged.

The general point of exercising is to increase the gap between calories consumed and expended – not to exercise so that I can eat more.
    Is anyone using MyFitnessPal that knows if there’s anywhere I can turn off this really unhelpful function?

• posted by OzVeggy
    on

I don’t think so. MFP automatically adjusts calories for the amount of steps I walk too, even without hitting the gym, as it is synced with all my gadgets. I just focus on the total calories, up to 800. I pay no attention to the calories remaining.

• posted by Frog
    on

thanks oz veggy
    It just seemed very bizarre – I started trying to reset the goals at first because I didn’t know they were different,. I easily remember the calories and carb goals, but not the fat / protein etc.

Please log in or register to post a reply.