anyone starting mid September?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by newbeginnings
    on

Hi, I’m starting this week and doing it on my own, so would be good to be going parallel with others. I feel slightly daunted by the task – have 3 stone to lose as now having arthritic pain in feet. I am worried about feeling hungry and light headed and then grabbing the nearest thing in sight. Seems like planning is essential.
    well, here goes……

on

starting measurements: height 5’7″, weight 13.1, waist 43″ feeling sluggish, achey and frumpy! Looking forward to feeling energetic, comfortable and proud.

• posted by Langerhans
    on

Hi newbeginnings and welcome! I should be back on board tomorrow after a week off. I had done almost 3 weeks before disaster (literally) struck and it really does work.
    Planning is key. I found what worked best for me was half a dozen snack/combos that were easy, quick and portable and that I knew would combine for a good balance; there’s lots of fabulous recipes on here but I just needed BSD for dummies! For me it was hummus, Greek yoghurt, avocado, feta, peppers, passata/tomatoes, mushrooms, coconut oil, and miso paste. Frozen summer berries gave me the occasional sweet treat. The first few days are hard but it does get easier after that. All the best with your new beginnings!

on

Thanks Langerhans – really good to know there’s other people out there! Having to delay starting for couple of days as haven’t quite got my head round what I can and can’t have – your snack ideas really helpful as it saves thinking and I’m not too safe loitering around the fridge for too long. Will look forward to getting going.

• posted by Hanks98
    on

I’m starting tomorrow morning with my first yoghurt! I’m 50% excited and 50% scared.

What am I doing to my body? Will I be ok? Will I like the food? Will I feel dizzy? Will I be able to concentrate at work?

I’m type 2 diabetic on diet control and metformin. Sugar levels are 6.3. Most would say I’m quite slim but I’ve put a stone on over the past year after losing a lot of weight 6 years ago when diagnosed.

I run, walk, try to swim, and cycle each week and have no idea whether I can keep some or all of those activities going given my new low calorie/carb intake.

• posted by Hanks98
    on

Also as part of the planning did a big shop this morning and bought a mango as it was mentioned in the breakfast yoghurts.

Then I read on another page to avoid mangos due to high sugar???

Confused.com

• posted by Frog
    on

It’s highish – don’t eat it all at once!

100 g has 76 cal Carbohydrate 17 g – Sugar 14.8 g

– so if you added 50g to your yogurt would be fine, 100g on the high side carb wise
    generally, berries are better than many fruits –
    raspberries by comparison 52cal Carbs: 12g (per 100g)

I just added raspberries to low carb ice cream, and 40g was fine.

Best thing is to use one of the online calorie counters (fat secret/my fitness pal, etc) and you’ll soon get a feel for what is BSD friendly

• posted by Hanks98
    on

Thanks for that. It can all be a bit confusing. I’ll follow the recipes in the book and see what happens. I guess over time people start to work out their own meals based on their needs.

Please log in or register to post a reply.