any other long term diabetics using this programme?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bruce
    on

Hi all, I’m about to start the programme this week and feel extremely positive about it. Have just finished the book and it seems that when someone has had diabetes longer term, the ‘reversal’ will probably be less dramatic. Having had diabetes for 21 years now, and longterm insulin for 6 or 7, I don’t want to have any unrealistic expectations but would love to look forward to reducing my medications – metformin and levemir – along with losing more weight. Has anyone else any experiences to share? Cheers!

• posted by paddy57
    on

Hi I’m into week 5 now & have lost 43lbs my bmi has dropped from 32 to 26. I am a long term type 2 diabetic (15 yrs+) & was on a regime of 1000 metformin twice a day, Lantus 60 units twice a day & Rapide around 30 units a day. Usual side effects of retinopathy & neuropathy.
    I had continued with metformin and was at about 8 units of Rapide a day, usually 1st thing with bloods of around 9 to 10 then dropping and being at 5 or 6 last thing at night. Then I read about the Dawn Phenomenon on another link (see https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/dawn-phenomenon-t2d-8/ ) so yesterday I dropped the metformin & relaxed over the early morning “blip”. Its early days but me fasting BS was 7 this morning. So I’ll keep of the Dracebos meds for a few days and keep monitoring….

Please log in or register to post a reply.