After reaching your target, what next?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Isn’t it silly that we are so self critical when it comes to height, as that is something we simply can’t change or impact in any real way. Yes, us ‘shorties’ can wear heals and those taller amongst us can wear flats and slouch, but we all know these are just ‘smoke and mirrors’. I would love to be tall and willowy, but was doomed to be short and over the years I have come to accept this fact and embrace it.

What is important though, is we’ve all taken control and made a huge change where we could, by changing our bulk and our health. And you know, now that I have lost a goodly portion of body mass, I think I look much less dumpy and so there is perhaps the illusion that I look a little taller for that too.

Allie – glad things have settled with your weight now and thanks for the invitation to pop in on the Phoenix thread – I might well do just that.

Have a good w/e everyone.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Victoria, how cool that you’re so tall. Kids are terrible and will push all the buttons they can find, but I bet all those petite girls secretly stared in awe at your towering height. I got a pair of ridiculously hot red patent leather platform pumps a while back that were 4.5 inches high. I had to return them because the toes were pinchy while the heel slipped off, but when I first put them on and stood up, I saw the world from Allie’s viewpoint for a moment and I LOVED IT. I hugged my OH and we were the same height! What a rush. I teetered into the kitchen just to experience the sheer joy of reaching the second sheft without having to stand on my tippy toes. 😀

No matter what height you are, finding clothes that fit can be a challenge. My hip to waist ratio works for vintage fashion much better than it used to when I was at this weight as a young woman, but the sleeves are almost always long, and sometimes the placement of the waist is way off. For new clothes I buy petites religiously to combat both those issues, and even then I can’t tell you how many pants I’ve had to hem.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Essie, this qualifies as a positive for me…..I never have to hem pants 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Theodora
    on

Allie, what a lovely post – thank you. We do seem to have so much in common, what a pity there is a whole ocean between us.😭 I have never actually thought of myself as small (though o/h constantly tells me I am, he actually uses the word “tiny”) as I have always been the tallest female in the family (before my son married at any rate). We are a family of short women and tall men!! I guess that’s better than it being the other way around! At 5’7″ you are only 2″ taller than I was until an inch mysteriously disappeared recently!! I have actually always been 3″ taller than my sister, so as you are 3″ taller than I am now, you feel like my big sister😘

Victoria, what a lovely skill to have, being able to make your own clothes, and if you learned because of your height, well there’s yet another advantage of being tall. I have always enjoyed sewing, but not for myself, only for my kids when they were young, and now my granddaughters. But I have to agree, I think we all thought that we would have masses of time on our hands once we retired but I, like you, never seem able to find enough hours in the day! (Mind you, I guess I could spend less time on here, if something REALLY important needed doing😝 But what is more important than one’s friends?😍)

Sunny, you are certainly right – now we have all lost our “bulk” I am sure we all look taller, even if that is only an illusion. Funnily enough, on the Phoenix thread, someone (I think my big sister, Allie) actually did say that in one of my vintage outfits, I looked “long, lean and gorgeous” which is almost as good as being “tall and willowy” and, smoke and mirrors or not, it definitely made my day😊 (of course, she couldn’t see my face😜)

Essie, what a shame those killer shoes had to go back. I do think heels are such a wonderful rediscovery, as I’ve barely worn them for years. Now that I am slim again, my confidence has been restored and I just LOVE wearing them – I think they make you stand up taller and walk more elegantly. Have to admit though, that wellies and hiking boots are still more my comfort zone though. Has that wonderful vintage jacket arrived yet? Can’t wait to see you wearing it.

• posted by VictoriaM
    on

Thanks to the remarks on my height everyone. It helped me stand tall in the back row of the chorus in final rehearsal for our production of Spamalot instead of trying to hide it.

• posted by alliecat
    on

YES!!! Victoria!! Good for you. There are “positives” everywhere, we simply have to make looking for them
    part of who we are. I wish I could sew, like you. I often think of some particular fantasy acquisition that
    I have in mind…It must be great to be able to create it: 🙂

Allie

• posted by Theodora
    on

Good for you Victoria, standing tall after years of slouching is such a lovely positive, well done. And if we have helped you achieve that, even in just a small way, then that’s another positive for this great forum.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Still creeping closer to the revised target weight with baby steps, but there’s no rush, so content to be getting closer, even slowly. Measured my waist yesterday having not bothered for ages and was very surprised to find it coming in at 24.5inches. When I first started on the BSD it was 33inches and last time I measured it was 27.5inches, so really pleased with the result this time, as it is now well below half my height – yippee!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Whoa, Sunny! A 24″ waist is something to be very proud of. I
    can see from other posts that you’ve put up some pictures too!
    Can’t wait to see them….My little secret is that I always read
    Phoenixes last, as a child would save dessert for a treat at the
    end of the meal 🙂 It always leaves me laughing, smiling or
    covetous, and is the ideal “set-up” for a good day! I’ll continue
    this post over there. Congratulations on now having a teeny
    tiny waist…You’ve also reminded me that I haven’t taken any
    measurements in 6 months, so will do so sometime today.
    No great expectations, though…

• posted by JackieM
    on

SunnyB you inspired me to measure my waist too – 29” 😳 – it must have been huge before! 24” is amazing! All this talk with you tiny folk (plus my cholesterol levels -and my relatively high fat levels) is making me think I can and should aim to lose another 1/2 stone. Waiting to get into the zone, Small adjustments, see what that brings.

• posted by AngS
    on

Hi, folks. Just got my blood results back after finishing the 8-week BSD 2 months ago. My HbA1c was 43, so well within normal range. I had stopped taking my 1 a day Metformin after 2 weeks of starting the diet, as I’d started having lactic acid type pains in my legs. I confirmed it with my GP as he knew from the start I was doing the diet. So, 6 weeks of the diet was medication-free anyway. No more bloods until the end of June, and no more medication. Result!

I have decided that having lost 10% of my body weight and survived 800 calories from the 8-week BSD book, which I believe is the only way to reverse Type 2, I want to maintain my weight loss, so am now on 800 calories on Mondays and Thursdays. I’m eating normally the other 5 days, but have switched from 2 glasses of red wine in 3 or 4 of the evenings, to a g&t or 2 with diet tonic. Far fewer calories and zero sugar!

Good luck everyone. Keep going. It is worth the sacrifices!

• posted by JackieM
    on

AngS that’s such good news! Well done you!

• posted by marie123
    on

AngS – I was just thinking the other day you’d be getting your results some day soon. Brilliant news.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Fantastic new AngS – well done you, and welcome to the maintainers.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on getting the results you were hoping for AngS and for formulating a plan going forward. Sounds like you have a good handle on things and know how you are going to maintain your success.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Welcome to our merry band, AngS, so good to hear of another person avoiding ‘progressive’ Type 2.

It is my targetversary tomorrow! I suppose technically that is one year on maintenance, but I am still claiming 24th November for that since I was the same weight on that day, just after I finished my 8 weeks in 2016 and in 2017 after a year of ups and downs. I will probably indulge in a small glass of red to mark the occasion, but otherwise remain under control as I still have a few pounds to go if I want to get back to my target.

• posted by alliecat
    on

AngS, Congratulations on being medication free, and losing 10%
    of your body weight! That’s a magnificent achievement. Welcome
    to the maintainer’s corner 🙂

MnM, I think a targetversary is a huge goal met. I look forward
    to my date in April, too. Well done!

I think I’ve made some progress toward being more relaxed with
    maintenance this week. About a month or so ago I started to
    weigh in only once a week to develop confidence that I do know
    how to do this without validation from the scales each day. I’ve
    picked up 2 lbs this week, but instead of drastically cutting
    the calories to rid myself of it, I simply acknowledged that being
    10 lbs. below target is perfectly acceptable, so I haven’t obsessed
    about it at all, and have continued on my present course. I’m
    sure the support on this thread is responsible for the change in
    attitude, so thank you all. It’s much appreciated !!!

Happy maintenance, everyone 🙂 🙂 🙂

Allie

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

I got to my goal weight in November last year. I weigh myself every morning and am just wondering whether this is something everyone else does or whether I am being too hard on myself. I can be up or down a couple of pounds from day to day and just wondered how everyone stays at goal. I did a fast last week hoping to give myself some extra pounds but I actually only lost a pound-I went out with the girls from work last night and was up 2.5 lbs this morning hence have been “good” today. Just wondering how others at goal weight keep tabs on not putting their hard earned weight back on. Sorry if this question seems ridiculous! I am scared of becoming obsessed about putting on the weight I lost and being constantly obsessed with my food choices or maybe this is the way we have to be now. I stick to BSD principles in my choices always but still my weight can be up and down. Just intrigued as to how others deal with being at goal and maintaining.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi Cathy

Not ridiculous at all. I also continue to weigh every day, but have learned to accept the odd daily variation. I tend to only take notice of my Monday and Friday weight. I know I will invariably be at my heaviest on Mondays because we have really sociable weekends. By Fridays, the odd pound or two gain has disappeared again, ready for the next social onslaught.

I can empathise with your concern about becoming obsessed, and everyone must find their own way, but this works for me and keeps me honest. Frankly, I no longer calorie count at all, drink wine every weekend and dine out at least twice a week. So whatever works for you. X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Cathy – I too weigh daily and make that day’s choices accordingly. I’m trying to drop a couple more pounds to increase my ‘wriggle room’ but confess that I’m not being strenuous in this endeavour and watch the same 0.5lb flip up and down almost on a daily basis.

Think we have to accept that if we are not going to gain back in a big way, we have to keep an eye on how things are going and stick closely to the BSD principles. OH and I take long vacations and it’s only during those periods that I don’t weigh myself, but solely use keto-sticks to keep an eye on how things are going. In this way, I have been successful in minimising any gains, even over a three month period.

However you decide to monitor, I recommend that you do so, to ensure those pounds don’t sneak back. I would say that rather than being paranoid, this is simply being prudent, given how hard won our success has been, it definitely deserves guarding.

• posted by alliecat
    on

ClarinetCathy, I second what Theo has said. Maintenance is going to look a little different for each of us! I have found
    it to be quite challenging, not because I am tempted or have regained any weight, but I haven’t quite “got there” in terms
    of trusting that things have truly changed forever. It all takes time, and trying different things. Do what makes you the
    most comfortable and suits your lifestyle.
    Congratulations on your achievements and reaching this happy place 🙂

Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Folks! Going for a revival of this thread, as although I intended to do the full on 800/20 Reboot challenge it hasn’t really happened and I was feeling uncomfortable posting on that thread, because of not being as full-on with the challenge as I should be.

Rethinking, as I’m already maintaining at between 3lb and 5lb below my original target weight and whilst I would like to push a little lower, I have decided as I am taking a more relaxed approach to this aim, to return to this thread rather than reporting progress (or lack of) on the 8wk challenge thread.

Currently coming in at 4lb below original target and 4lb above where I would like to be. A social w/e has meant I am 1lb heavier than this time last week, but hoping to see that evaporate in the next few days – plus a little more besides. Still eating in a 16/8 pattern and limiting carbs quite strictly (if you don’t count the couple of cocktails I had at the w/e).

Anyway, I’m hoping some other maintainers will pop in to update their status as well, as it would be good to read how everyone is progressing.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hi SunnyB

Thank you for posting and making me feel a lot better about things. I too have been struggling to reboot and really hoped I would be able to lose 3lb after Christmas to take me a little under my goal weight of 133lb but I am not able to do it! I am maintaining give or take 1lb or so but can’t seem to find the trick of how to lose that extra few pounds! This morning I weighed134.4. My weight is always up and down. I am feeling really poorly today and have stayed off work with a flu like illness and have just eaten some Wensleydale cheese and an avocado for my lunch. . I always do 16:8 and did a 40 hour fast a couple of weekends ago and lost 1lb only to regain it the same week! I live in fear of regaining the weight I lost last year and am vigilant about weighing myself almost every morning. I do stick to low carb BSD choices, Last week I went out with some friends for a pub meal and there was no low carb choice so I ate cheese and onion pie and chips! It was delicious! I do try and keep to BSD principles for 99% of the time and know that if I don’t then I will be back to square in no time, I think that I psychologically want to lose a few extra pounds to give me some leeway with my food choices but maybe, the fact that I can’t do it will help keep me on the straight and narrow in the long term. I am hoping that when the weather gets better I will feel like doing some walking and then might be able to lose the extra pounds I want to. I am reasonably happy with my current weight and my BMI is 25. Isn’t it strange that we set ourselves goals and then when we achieved them we wanted to lower the goal! I wonder if I am being too hard on myself and beat myself up for not being able to lose a few pounds more when I have achieved what I thought would have been impossible for me, to lose 3 stone! Wonder what a Psychologist would make of me?

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

SunnyB, have you ever considered doing a 2 day fast once a month? Esnecca had found that helpful in the last stretch, as do I. Its a pretty painless tool once you are already used to <20 g. And it really need not be a full fast….getting under 300 calories for the two days (ie a big salad mid day ) does it for me when I chose that option.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I was just going to say that! Sunny, once I got under the 135 lb mark which put me into the healthy BMI category, the steady losses of the first year became a thing of the past. Extended fasts at the end of the month kept things moving, and while I regained a pound or two after the fast period ended, I did establish new lows that stuck while during the month itself the numbers had either stalled or gone up and down with zero connection to what I was eating or how I was exercising.

Now that I’ve reached my impossible goal weight, I still do an extended fast every two months to enjoy the autophagy benefits and the lightness of being feeling that I love so much. It doesn’t have the same effect on the scale anymore. I drop fewer pounds and regain more of them back when I break the fast. That’s a good thing because I’m aiming for stability, not further losses.

• posted by JackieM
    on

So interesting you talking about fasting today, I’ve been watching the Jason Fubg videos on YouTube. I was not ready for the message until now, but now I am fully entrenched on this way of eating I am ready to give it a go.

What say you, SunnyB, shall we give it a go? Have just bought The Complwte Guide to Fasting on my kindle – as I see Esnecca recommended months ago.

• posted by Norfolkgal
    on

I have pretty much reached my target, I am 5ft 7in, 9st 10lb which I have maintained since before Xmas, so a healthy BMI of around 23. However I have crept up a couple of pounds – my lowest was 9st 7lb, and I think I would like to lose them again and keep them off. I know I have let the carbs creep up lately, so will start recording intake again to see exactly what I am eating! Hopefully posting on here will keep me on the straight and narrow.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi CC, think my headspace right now, is very similar to where you are at the moment. Like you, I have questioned if I should be aiming to lower my target weight, but have decided it is acceptable – we are entitled to reset our goals. Like you, I have lost 3st (about 7lb of this before I started on the BSD) and I think having achieved all that we have, means we should be allowed to choose where the end line is.

Fasting is something I have not approached, although I have had days when I have been largely on liquids and very low cals/carbs. No water fasts though. To be honest, I’m not sure how I feel about full on fasting. Also I think it would meet with a negative reaction from OH, given that he’s very aware how much I have lost and that I cook for him – it would be ‘What are you having? Why aren’t you eating?’ I’ll give it some thought though.

Good to see there are others wanting to make adjustments in their approach to maintenance and even lose another pound or three, so hopefully we can provide each other with support and encouragement going forward.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Good to hear from you all.

Like Essie, I do a 40 – 48 hour fast every 4 – 8 weeks for it’s health benefits and because I too love the “lightness of being” – great description Essie.

I kept moving the goalposts too, started with the aim of 2st and ended with a target of 3st. In the end I lost 3st 7lbs, the final 7lbs of which dropped off in the early weeks of maintenance. I have now been very happily in maintenence for 46 weeks, and no longer count calories, but do stay off white carbs. I think sometimes if you are sticking, you need to shake things up a bit so, if you feel ready for it Sunny and Cathy, I’d highly recommend giving fasting a try. Good luck.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Oops – sorry. Maths obviously isn’t my strongest point. I’ve actually been in maintenance for 41 weeks (I think) not 46 as stated above😳

• posted by GofouritG1RL
    on

Hi Ladies

I am sorry that I have not posted for a while but felt guilty that I am not a diabetic but was trying this diet due to other diets not working for me.
    I started my 8 week challenge on Feb 21st 2017 and weighed in at 9st 6lb (5ft 2in) age 59. I weighed in this morning Feb 14th at 8st 7lb (total loss 13lbs).
    I have to remind myself of this when I regularly go up 3lb and start counting calories and watching carbs again. I would like to lose another 3lb but feel that unless I do the 8 week challenge again, would be a huge struggle. I regularly recommend this diet to family, friends etc. I also feel however as if Im a pain in the neck to others, when I preach on how good it has been for me.

It is wonderful to read that you have all managed to keep your weight of also. I have a 17 year old daughter who eats what ever she wants despite my attempts to get through to her to be careful. Im just a wee bit jealous and would like to eat my Mums apple crumble and custard again, however there must be a weeks calories in one of her portions and often get the ‘One piece won’t hurt’.

I also might look into the 2 day fasting as a way to never going back to a bigger waist line. I constantly read all your posts and am extremely grateful to you all for keeping me going.

Thank you

• posted by Norfolkgal
    on

To report in, these are the results from yesterday, – no wonder I have not been losing! Cals 1345, carbs 93.8

Calories are ok but carbs way over!

I do blame the pancakes for at least some of this, oh wanted ‘normal’ pancakes so I had 2 as well, and honestly I would have preferred the coconut pancakes I sometimes make for myself. So I will know what to do next time.

Just had my lunch and I am up to 30 carbs already, so not going to be a great day. Will be beef casserole with lots of veg tonight, no potatoes for me! More planning needed I think.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

GofouritGIRL – don’t worry, many of us have used the BSD purely to rid ourselves of excess weight. Actually, excess weight has the potential to threaten our health in many ways, so even if we didn’t have diabetes, we have done something positive for both our physical and mental well being. Perhaps you’d consider doing the next four week challenge to shift those last few pounds, if you feel an 8wk stint too onerous.

Norfolkgal – given that you are looking to drop a few more pounds, the carbs probably do need to come down quite considerably. What level did you have them during your losing phase? Think they need to be at a similar level now, if you are planning to lose again. In doing that, I guess the calories may drop a little as well, but you could use good fats to keep these up if you think the best way to go is lower carbs and keeping the carbs at around 1300.

I’m only going to report weight once a week and I think I am going to mix that up and report on a Friday. This will mean that if I allow myself a little latitude over the w/e, any spike in weight caused by this, should have rectified/settled by Friday – will continue to weigh daily though, as this has become ingrained as part of my morning routine (except when I’m away from home).

Good to see there are lots of maintainers still around. Keep going and keep posting, so that we can share experience and support each other.

• posted by Theodora
    on

I have just completed a 60 hour fast (sounds longer than it is, as that incorporated only 2 days, and 3 nights spent asleep). I didn’t do it to lose weight, as hover these days at around 7lbs under target so don’t want to lose any more, but I was feeling rather over-indulged and bloated after a sociable weekend. I arrived home tail end of last week after a 1400 mile round trip mercy dash, to find everyone seemed to have taken pity on me and organised lunches and dinners galore. Anyway, upshot was a 6lb loss 😨. I enjoy fasting but because I always seem to get losses like this, I can’t afford to do them very often!! But I do love the “lightness of being”, as Essie so eloquently puts it, which fasting induces. So now I have to gain a few pounds!! Who’d have thought I’d be saying that a year ago?

• posted by GofouritG1RL
    on

SunnyB………Sounds like a good idea. Ive just checked and the next 4 week challenge status March 20th. I know what worked for me was writing down every single thing down that I ate each day, and read the carb and sugar content on all foods when Im shopping. I do try to stay under 1000 cal most days…but doesn’t happen on late nights when I give into temptation now and then, I Just skip breakfast the following day. You sound you have it sussed ..well done you.

Theodora……When you say you fast..do you eat salads etc or no solids at all throughout the two days?

• posted by Theodora
    on

GofouritG1RL, personally when I fast, I have nothing but water, black tea / coffee. Lots of it, though.

Once you get your head in the right place, it’s not that difficult and, in fact, the further I get into a fast the less hungry I feel. If I didn’t lose so much weight (really can’t afford to lose any more with a BMI of a tad under 20) I could easily go longer, and I would do it more often. I love how energised I feel. But it’s not for everyone, and lots on this forum who do fast don’t seem to lose as much as me, no idea why, but I guess we’re all different.

BTW re your earier post, like you, I only embarked on BSD (January 2017) for weight loss. I hit maintenance early May 17.

• posted by Norfolkgal
    on

I aimed at 30 carbs and under 1000 cals while I was losing. Just added up today’s figures and have come in at 67 carbs, 1228 cals, but have not really got back into it yet. OH cooked a very nice beef casserole tonight, he had mashed potatoes, but I just had cauliflower and carrots with mine. Intend to stick with fizzy water for the rest of the evening.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

The next four week challenge will start immediately after the current one, which will finish on 20th Feb, so not long to wait if you want to join it GofouritGIRL – looks like the title will be something to do with Starch in March.

• posted by GofouritG1RL
    on

Theodora…Thanks for the advice..dont know how much caffeine i could consume without being hyper, so would probably alternate with decaf..will give it a try one day at the weekend and see how I feel.

Sounds like you have found what works for you ..brilliant

• posted by GofouritG1RL
    on

SunnyB….Thanks for the info about the date of the next 4 wk challenge, I will Join the next 4 week challenge to lose (hopefully) 3lb ….it will get my mind back to where it should be also.

• posted by Theodora
    on

GofouritG1RL, you don’t HAVE to have coffee at all. Nothing but plain water would probably be even better. But I’m a coffee freak, I’m afraid! I can live without carbs, I can live without food, but please don’t ever ask me to go without my double espressos 😉 That would be enough to break even this eternal optimist😜

• posted by JackieM
    on

Hi all, am sitting here on balcony in Italy in my snug thermal vest (and other layers and a duvet) and that’s because I remember Theo and Allie and Esnecca having a chat about how they all had one now they had less body fat. Well, here I am, 3 stone down and healthy BMI (and chilly!) so just wanted to check in and say Thankyou because it was all you maintainers who showed the way back then. Not least when I was fannyiny around hoping I could just ‘eat sensibly’ and not count anything you were all 800/20 showing that could and did work.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Jackie, how lovely to be sitting on a balcony in Italy – even if you are wrapped up to the nines! Embrace the new slender you, it’s you who should take all the credit, not us, but thank you anyway. You’re the one who has done all the hard work, so enjoy.

• posted by alliecat
    on

What a lovely picture of you I have in my imagination right now, Jackie, sitting on the balcony, buried in
    goose down! Best replacement for insulating fat that mother nature came up with, I think 🙂 Are you
    in the Alps? I agree with Theo, your accomplishments belong to you alone, but it’s good to hear that
    perhaps we found the right words, in some small measure, and at the right time, to help you on your
    way. Thank you! Enjoy the victory, it’s all yours 🙂

• posted by JackieM
    on

I am in the Dolomites, Allie. Having a great day as found a cafe that served me Americano con panna (cream) and found some walnuts in the supermarche that I’ve been nibbling with a piece of 90% choc for lunch. In between reading and internetting. A rare time off from everything!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Just had a google of the Dolomites, Jackie. Breathtaking would be an understatement! Are you in
    Cortina d’Ampezzo, by any chance??? You’re a lucky lady! Enjoy every minute of your family
    holiday. I used to love downhill skiing, but I’m too fearful of fracturing a bony hip these days.
    (I’m saving myself for the stewpot!)

• posted by JackieM
    on

SAN Vigilio Allie. It is lovely. I love skiing too but came to it as an adult and have always had the fear. One of my major achievements in my whole life is skiing a red, but now I get freaked out even on slippy roads and can’t face the idea of having a melt down in front of kids. It outweighs the pleasure these days.

And finally, Just remember how full of goodness broth is, Allie, skinny bones or not! 😉

• posted by Esnecca
    on

My thermal underclothes have become my best friends this winter. I’m seriously never without them. Okay well not never. I peel them off to shower and get right back into them when I’m dried off. 😀

What an idyllic retreat, Jackie, wrapped up in layers and a nice warm comforter in the stunning beauty of the Italian Dolomites. I skied there often as a girl and young woman, but when I think back now on the risks I took going down some of those hills, I shudder in horror. I was also so hot then (temperature-wise, I mean) that I frequently felt the impulse to tear off my ski suit. I doubt that would happen today. I think I’d stick with walking through the charming town and sipping coffee in the chalet, thank you very much.

Have a great time!

• posted by marie123
    on

I’m currently at home wearing my thermal T Shirt and watching the Olympic skiing (slalom) – does that count for anything? Love Italy Jackie, I’m very envious.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Okay, I’ve decided to go for it – going to try for a 24hr fast tomorrow. Finished eating at 19.00 this evening and as we are meeting friends for a meal tomorrow evening, I won’t be eating again until after 20.00. I know my biggest issue is going to be not having something for the sake of it at around 13.30, which is when I usually grab something. Think if I can avoid that, I should hopefully be able to push through into the evening.

Keep the fingers crossed for me please.

Please log in or register to post a reply.