Acknowledge 3 good things each day

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by shalimar
    on

From “the BSD” book : At the end of the day think of/write down 3 good things that went well that day … doesn’t have to been much … a compliment, a sunset … The point is that it focuses your attention on the positive. It is a good way to life your mood and bolster resilience.– from the book

1. The pain pills i took for my foot pain are working!!
    2. Found lots of ways to prop up the foot of my bed to elevate my feet
    3. Heat turned on without problems – new furnace is great, intake from the outside and not my dirt dugout

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hi Shalimar,

I don’t remember that from the book so thank you for bringing it to my attention! I think the idea of finding positives to focus on is very sensible as it is so easy to find things that are going “wrong” when you start a new way of eating/living – e.g. scales not moving, “cheating” on the diet and so on. I am going to join you, so here are my three good things from yesterday:

1. I spoke to my little nephew on the phone. He’s only 3 and says such cute things!
    2. I went shopping to stock up on healthy stuff for my packed lunches
    3. I enjoyed a lovely calm evening watching TV and going through some photos.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi shalimar,

There’s been a parallel thread running since 16th June ‘positive thoughts thread anyone’ that you may like to read.
    Best wishes.

Please log in or register to post a reply.