A humerous ice breaker and Hello BSD Fast 800's

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by shortapple
    on

CARBOHYDRATE SPOTTING

Choose The Blood Sugar Diet. Choose health. Choose to lower your BMI. Choose losing weight. Choose low cholesterol. Choose a smaller waist and dancing all night. Choose sitting in front of the computer at work all day long never walking the length of yourself. Choose not ever exercising and wondering why you look and feel old and unhealthy. Choose Netflix, drinking Rose wine and gorging on crisps. Choose a diet to lose weight and reset your metabolism. Choose BSD Fast 800. Choose 5:2 BSD. Choose Med Style Low Carb. Choose Fast Exercise. Choose Mindfulness. Choose the BDS way of life… “But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin’ else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you’ve got” CARBOHYDRATES?
    Apologies to Irvine Welsh. x

• posted by shortapple
    on

Hello all. After a long time lurking, getting inspiration and advice from all your posts and reading the Blood Sugar Diet book, I started the 800 BSD on Tuesday 29th March. Apart from feeling cold (from lurking-I read this is normal) so far so good, I don’t feel so hungry that I would consider giving up.

I am not diabetic (there is T2 in the family, Father Brother, Aunts & Uncles) being proactive on that front and would like to: lower my BMI currently 28, lower body fat currently 41.8. lower my weight currently 146lbs, reduce my waistline currently 36inches. I am 5ft1” can the diet make you grow taller, ha? Improve my concentration, all the great things that Dr Mosley informs us will happen, I want it all!

I am hoping to reboot my digestive system, since having a hysterectomy (6 years ago) I have become intolerant to some foods (Garlic, Broccoli, Beans, Milk, Hard cheeses, Sulphates, Peaches…) until Tuesday I had been mainly surviving on carb poison!

I want the last half of my 40’s to be the healthiest and fittest I can be. See you on the journey x

• posted by annie68
    on

Hi shortapple,
    Welcome………..I have only just joined and there are some great people on here to help and support you on the way.
    I’m on day 20 and have lost 19lbs so far but I am huge so it comes off abit quicker!!
    I felt really cold in the first week but it wore off.
    Good luck with it and if you need support there are people on here who will always help.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Like the post shortapple! Welcome on board – you’ve made a great choice. Like the rest of us, you will soon be seeing results. I wish I had found this diet in my mid forties, but I’m grateful for it even if it is 15yrs late!

As annie68 says, there is lots of support and advise on the forum and it’s certainly helped carry me through a couple of times. You will find that your pallet will quickly adjust and you won’t want carbs and the hunger pangs will lessen. Shout out if you need anything – someone will respond.

Look forward to reading your results soon.

• posted by shortapple
    on

Thanks for the welcome annie68 and SunnyB.

annie68, well done on your 20 day 19lb weightless thus far excellent.

My doctor says I have 34lbs/ 15kg/2.5stone. to lose and get to a healthy weight for my build and height….we’ll see. I will be happy when my waist size is not the same as my 6ft1″partner.

SunnyB, looking forward to not craving carbs, the testing time for me will be going back to work after a week off this Wednesday, there are carbs everywhere, my work mates are very generous with that poison. I’ll need to prepare well to avoid temptation or become antisocial and leave when the home baking, biscuits, easter chocolates are freely distributed and the MothersPride bread is toasted, buttered and shared. Salivating at the thought of it.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Welcome shortapple
    I,ve just hit the 2 stone loss mark on 9 weeks, and I’m by no means the biggest loser on here.
    Come and beat me 🙂

• posted by Fch53
    on

Welcome shortfalls. I started Tuesday too and so far so good.

Don’t have to be diabetic to choose this, just know it was inevitable if I didn’t do something. More to lose than you and had the same operation 4years ago which made my weight pile back on. Well it was probably cause I seemed to crave eating and usually carbs. Loving the vegetables, but my digestion seems to be finding it tough probably cause it used to bread and pasta. Lost weight already but as I weigh every day i can see it goes up and down and I will wait till one week market before I own the loss.

Enjoy your week and we can ask our questions as they are really helpful.

• posted by Patsy
    on

You’re right, shortapple – there aren’t any reasons not to give it a try.

btw, my autocorrect wants to call you chortle … maybe I will!

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Love your introduction, shortapple!
    I too had a hysterectomy a few years ago and I reckon that was a major factor in my rapid weight gain which ultimately led to me trying the BSD this year. (I’d always been pretty active but post-op I went down to zilch exercise and had to build up again, but the weight went on faster than I could keep it off. Diets that had worked previously just didn’t cut it anymore.)
    Sounds like you have the right attitude, good luck with the diet,
    Rose

• posted by Denise47 Jones
    on

Welcome Shortapple

I too had a hysterectomy 4 years ago and had breast cancer 7 years ago, so for me, a change in lifestyle was a must. I exercise regularly as I have always enjoyed exercise, but my eating involved too many Carbohydrates as I believe these were good for me. Since having the hysterectomy, I have found that I put on weight much quicker and its very hard to shift, and over the past 4 years have gained 2 stone!

The good news – a stone of that has come off in 4 weeks!!! My 4 week weigh in was yesterday and I am so pleased. Colleagues have noticed and I have much more energy already. I do shift work and have used this as an excuse for the past 2 years as part of my weight gain, but have proven that even with 12 hours sat in front of two computer screens, this diet works! I now go out during my two 45 minute breaks and walk and am hitting 10,000 steps almost every day (even on my night shifts).

Someone once told me the mind is stronger that the body, and this has got me through the last 7 years! If the mind says I can do this, the body has to follow!

I CHOOSE LIFE!!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi shortapple, welcome to the forums. I began with a BMI of 28.9 and now have a BMI of 21.7. I was aiming for 25, I am amazed at how effective this diet is – and it does improve your concentration. I’m still 5’4″ though! Lol 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.