8 weeks until wedding — what’s realistic

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sarahprstn
    on

Started diet 3 days ago. Just wondering what is realistic in terms of weight loss. I’ve also been weight lifting and walking!

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Welcome Sarahprstn!
    Lots of helpful advice here – take a read through some of the posts for the last few weeks and you’ll find lots of info.
    Weight loss is an entirely individual thing – we are all different! But if you can give us an idea of what plan you are doing (Fast800, BSD, 5:2 etc) and what sort of food you are eating then that will help with the advice. This is a change to our way of eating (WOE) for the long term – rather than a short term quickie diet.
    Wendy has posted this inspirational post – https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/topic/success-stories/#post-117307 that may encourage you.😀🎈🌞

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome Sarah – as Merry says, there really is no way of predicting exactly what you personally can achieve in the time frame you mention. It all depends is you have a lot to lose, how you body reacts to the changes you are making, if you are naturally someone who losses weight quickly or slowly, if you are pre-diabetic, T2 or insulin resistant, etc, etc.

If you can provide more information, we might be able to offer some advice to help you maximise your chances of making the biggest difference to your weight, but will still not be able to say what you can expect to loose. Do feel free to join in on any of the forum threads though, as there is a wealth of experience and advice to draw on, which certainly helped me to get to target and maintain.

Best wishes to you for a great outcome ….

• posted by MelBelle
    on

(In addition to what’s already been said) In 8 weeks it’s very possible to drop a couple of dress sizes, if you have the willpower to keep at it, keep up the exercise. So I’d say you’d want to watch out for your dress if it’s fitted/tailored for your size as it is right now. And don’t trust the scales. I found when I started weights again for this diet, the scales stayed the same for a couple of weeks, but I lost inches around my waist. Take a hip and waist measurement and don’t get discouraged by the scales if you are sticking to the 800 calories and doing new things with weights.

Please log in or register to post a reply.