8 weeks to Xmas! I'm starting today!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Scandinavian, the 800 is devised for diabetics as it very quickly loses visceral fat around the organs and maybe kick starts the pancreas into producing insulin again. The thing that keeps me on this plan is that my Blood Glucose has improved so much and I still hope to be drug free in the next 6 to 12 months so it is not a quick fix. I cannot understand why anyone would put themselves through 800 cal and next to no carbs. Many who are not diabetic do it because they see promises of fast weight loss and many achieve that but some are unable to keep up with the strictness of it. Obviously this diet is not right for you. Have a break and maybe come back to some of the basic principles when you are feeling more motivated. The idea of lowering the amount of carbs in the diet can only be good advice so maybe you could follow the 5:2 or the Mediterranean some time in the future, but really there is no shame in giving up on the BSD800, at least you gave it a try.

• posted by Jan43
    on

Hi everyone…I havent posted for a bit. I joined the facebook The eight week blood sugar diet support group and I find it easier to follow. It has very good support like this group. I am now 6 kilo’s down ! nearing the end of week 7 …I am very pleased with this. I think I will try my hardest next week ( although we have a christmas lunch/husband birthday and then Christmas day ! ) so I don’t know how I will do. I was thinking of doing the 5/2 diet for 4 weeks then restarting a new 8 week programe again. I feel I have lost so much visceral fat now that another 8 weeks will take another 6 kilos off and I will look a new person !!! All the best for next week.

• posted by Rambling Rose
    on

Hi all. Sorry to see that so many have dropped out of the conversation. It is pretty hard to lose in a pre-christmas food festival environment. I have been quite patchy with my own attention to diet, but have still lost 7kg in 7 weeks and very happy with that. More importantly, continue to feel comfortable with low carb as an enduring lifestyle strategy. Once all the temptations of the christmas period are over, I am confident that i can go on reducing my weight. Keen to get down to double figures by the end of February which would be the first time in decades. My current secret weapon for lunches currently is feta cheese. You don’t need a great deal of it to flavour up a bowl of greens and tomatoes and the protein hit helps me last through the afternoon

• posted by Jan43
    on

Hi Rambling Rose.. i know lots have drpped out just now. Its such a busy time for everyone. Well done you getting to 7kg less ! I am stuck at 6 kilo for two weeks now. I had hoped to get to 7 kilo by the end of my 8 weeks but hubby,s birthday tomorrow then Christmas Eve/Christmas day i doubt it. But stll very pleased and like you will continue this way of eating. I am going to do the 5/2 diet next week for 4 weeks then redo the 8 weeks. All the best to you and have a lovely Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE XXXX

• posted by Dollydaydreams52
    on

Hi everyone, reading through the most recent posts it is heartening to see that many, like myself, are struggling somewhat during this festive season. I am pleased with my loss and once I had stopped feeling hungry ( 4 days) I found the diet quite easy to stick to and amazingly filling. Can half an avocado and a soft boiled egg sustain you until lunch time? YES it can!

I am going to relax about it over Christmas, but without going silly, and begin again in the New Year. It is the only diet that has ever worked for me, and its not so much a diet more a way of life! Merry Christmas to you all!!!!

• posted by Monkeyb
    on

Hello all. Lost 10 kilo’s at my 7 week mark last Thursday and feel great. Still a long way to go, and I must admit my resolve is weakening a bit this week. I intend enjoying the Christmas festivities and will try to make sensible choices (although I have visions of me sat in a heap of Chocolate & Baileys haha). Just hope I can get my motivation back in the new year.
    Wishing you all a healthy happy Christmas and here’s to success in the new year.

• posted by nursecathy44
    on

well i am just about at the end of my 8 weeks, i have had a tough 3 days as my work has offered free lunch for the last 3 days, consisting of turkey and bacon baps, gammon and jacket potato and buffet(sausage rolls, samosas etc), i have resisted every day (pat on the back for me ) and i am 1/2 lb away from a total 1 stone loss, and have lost 8inches from my waist 🙂
    I havent lost 10%, probably around 8-9% but for someone who has struggled to even lose 1lb for the last couple of years i am OVER THE MOON. My blood sugars have dropped from high 20’s to between 7 and 12 and i feel amazing. I plan to continue the best i can over the christmas period and hit it hard in the new year. Happy christmas to you all and heres to a thintastic 2017

• posted by marshamgx
    on

Just joined – have been hovering and using recipes. I will have done 8 weeks by Friday with 5 days of 800 calories each week and weekends normal eating albeit on a shrinking stomach. Really pleased when I visited the doctor today – over 8 kg down and more importantly blood pressure was normal. Hurrah!! Having a break for 2 weeks (perhaps a couple of fast days only) and then I go again. Happy Christmas.

on

Nice to see some familiar names back in the game. Some amazing achievements at a difficult time of year. My final loss has been 7.5 but very happy with that and will go on with avoiding complex carbs in New Year. About to go camping for 4 days of my summer holiday and will be away from any fresh food source or fridge, so sustaining high protein options very difficult. Will just have to avoid poor choices and keep portions down and get back on the wagon. On the plus side, am in a new and very happy relationship with a man who needs to be careful about carbs and quantities because of irritable bowel syndrome, so our eating patterns match well. Also tend to find that being in love good for the will power and lose my appetite. He accepts me at my current weight, (Yay!!!) but supports my weight loss programme so we can do more travelling/walking together. A really nice side effect of blood sugar diet has been that I truly no longer crave sweet foods. Over xmas i have been offered all sorts of xmas treats- sweets, desserts and chocolates. For the first time in my life, I can happily have one, be appreciative, but a bit overwhelmed by the sweetness and have no interest in having a second one. This is revolutionary for me and makes me very optimistic that I can continue weight loss in the New Year.
    All the Best to you in 2017. Keep going, it really will be worth it!

• posted by Jan43
    on

Hope you all had a great Christmas. Well I lost 6 kilo’s just before Christmas day after finishing my 8 weeks. I am doing the 5/2 ( 5 days at 800 then two normal eating and not counting calories. Hope this is going to maintain my weight for the next 4 weeks then I plan to redo the 8 weeks again. Anyone else up for it ??

on

I am keen to keep going and have enjoyed having a few people to journey with. I haven’t really stuck to the 8 week diet, just shifted my intake to protein and avoided complex carbs (most of the time). I find weighing and counting very hard to stick to, so just eat to the principles of 8 week diet and enjoy the lack of cravings and hunger that comes with the higher fat/protein diet. and I still get to enjoy tasty food which is important to me. Portion sizes are naturally reduced and lack of hunger/sweet tooth protects me from eating crap between meals. I have gone on losing weight little by little, so now 9kg down and want to continue this with the aim of losing another 14kg over the next year (sooner if possible, but don’t want to push it too fast.) For the first time in my life, this feels attainable and sustainable. Happy to go on being part of the group.

Please log in or register to post a reply.