8 weeks to Xmas! I'm starting today!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jan43
    on

Good Morning….How are things going LadyGreyTee ? for me this week my weight hasnt budged since Friday…but I feel good and I am sure I have lost some more in inches. Hope you are having better luck this week. OrangeBlosson..can you let me know the bacon/mushroom recipe and how many calories …it sounds wonderful. Would love to have it on Sunday. So far I have kept away from chocolate. Its a bit like crisps and wine to me…one bit is not enough !! I am really missing my crisps though..I dreamed I was eating a packet last night ! Hope everyone else is doing well ??

• posted by Orangeblossom
    on

Hi I don’t have a recipe / calorie count as just saw it in a BSD FB group pic, for brunch so instead of breakfast and lunch I guess- you could use myfitnesspal to work it out? Or I will if i have it first! I have lost a couple of pounds since the weekend, but feeling a bit better in terms of belt tightening. I know what you mean about the choc, I sarted eating too much of it (even the very dark stuff) it is more-ish. Cutting it out and red wine I think for the 8 weeks, but hoping to have some after that! x

• posted by LadyGreyTee
    on

Jan – thanks for asking, this week is a bit up and down. But, I think so far I’m down another lb.

My fear always, is that I might lose the odd lb here or there but that one good meal will result in it all coming back again!

Unfortunately we are eating out tomorrow with friends, so I will have to work hard to minimise my carb & calorie intake. What low cal drinks can I have in a pub, without resorting to diet coke? Is oj and soda ok? (I’d love a G&T or glass of wine though…)

• posted by Frog
    on

Fizzy Water LadyGrey!
    I’d be a bit wary of OJ, and the problem with diet coke is that it does get you back in to sweet tasting things.
    I do still have diet coke occasionally, but not often – I generally find that it tastes too sweet now, but I sued to drink loads of it.

I did have diet bitter lemon in the summer – although I loved the one from M&S, then had one somewhere else & didn’t like it as much.
    In the first 8 weeks I only had a glass of wine on my Birthday, but do have an occasional glass now.
    G&T if its diet tonic isn’t a disaster – but it is ’empty’ calories – 74 for a single measure

I can’t remember if you have diabetes or not? If you do, and you have alcohol, it is less likely to spike your blood sugar if you have it with a meal, rather than on its own.

• posted by LadyGreyTee
    on

Thanks Frog. I haven’t had an alcoholic drink so far, but I think in a pub environment it might be too hard to resist! I don’t like fizzy water unfortunately so may “have to” spend some empty calories on a G&T ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I find the tonic, even the diet stuff is too sweet now and have started having gin with soda, it lets you taste the gin better as well if you like it, which I do.

• posted by Rambling Rose
    on

Hi All. Like you, I started 3 weeks ago with a view to completing my 8 weeks at Xmas. So far have lost 5kg and already feeling better in myself, less weighed down, more energetic. I tried the 5/2 diet a couple of years ago, but didn’t lose weight-too indulgent in the 5 days to make good use of 2. I am finding blood sugar diet amazingly easy to follow and stick to. i am no good at weighing and measuring, but just eliminating bread, pasta, potatoes etc and anything sweet and no snacking has been pretty easy so far. I feel that I can eat the food that is normal for me; tasty, fresh veg, fruit and dairy/meat, just leave out the carbs and keep the potions small. I keep waiting for the cravings and hunger, but they’re not happening. I feel free from food cravings for the first time in my life.
    I was 113kg at the start, now 108kg. Would love to get into double figures for the first time in many, many years.T

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Just dropping in to say good luck everyone. I’m about to complete week five on the Fast800 and, although I fell off the wagon in weeks 3 and 4, I got back on the horse this week and am losing again (and feel great). My tips so far: a) an online tracker is invaluable (I use MyFitnessPal) b) plan, plan, plan those meals like a demon c) have an emergency low-carb snack up your sleeve for the rough moments (I use oily fish, particularly smoked salmon, and raw nuts) d) camomile tea is a good fall-back for those moments when you fancy something sweet and e) count the Non Scale Victories (NSVs) – this is a journey ultimately about changing habits, so celebrate the time when you do something different. It’s not all about what the scales say. In fact, longer term, it’s not about that at all: one’s weight is mostly a byproduct of one’s habits.

Finally, I have a lot of weight to lose (30kg/ 70 lbs/ five stone) which feels overwhelming at times. So I have broken it into chunks of 3kgs/ seven pounds at a time. I only focus on dropping this and I reward myself each time I get there, and then I start again on the next chunk. Importantly, I don’t put a time expectation on it – no ‘I want to weigh x by date y’. I didn’t understand this when I started: I was all about the deadlines. But what I am learning is that if you stick to the plan the body gets there itself in its own time – weight loss doesn’t come in a straight line. The danger is that you put a time deadline on it and then you fail to meet it, and instead of celebrating what you have achieved, you get demotivated about what you haven’t. But the weight loss and the achievement is ultimately the same over time. So I would rather just plod on and get there when I get there, and control what I can (i.e. what goes in my mouth) than try and control something I can’t (my own body!).

Good luck. If I can do it you can do it. The first few days are tough but break through it and you’ll start to feel great!

• posted by Lara
    on

Well said Carb_Addict – very inspiring! I know this is not a diet for me, it’s how I have to live my life if I want to manage my health. That can be a bit daunting sometimes (even though I’m feeling good and enjoying the food), so thanks for the inspiration when I needed it.

• posted by Scandinavian38
    on

Hi all. Day 13 and things are going well. I can already see changes on my body. I do have times when I miss eating normally or not having to count calories… On the other hand I’m really tired of being fat and do want to improve my health. Ah well, one day at the time! Not sure I have the willpower going to stick to 800 for 6 more weeks though… We’ll see. Soon official weigh in, that will be motivating.

• posted by CGeorge
    on

I have already prepared a list of things from Christmas and one of them being is weight loss.

• posted by Monkeyb
    on

Well said Carb Addict. I’ve failed time and time again because of wanting too much, I’m my own worse enemy and usually fail before I start.
    I must admit the appeal of this diet for me, is because it says we will get quick results, but I actually feel healthier than I have in years. Wondering how I will cope come December, my husband is being really supportive and so are my work colleagues but its going to take mammoth will power when the Christmas chocolates and mince pies start to appear.

on

Something which helps me is thinking of sitting down with family in a nice dress having lost weight on Christmas day. Starting the new year with a new healthy body and attitude.

• posted by Jan43
    on

Good Advice carb_addict very inspiring to read this. I am like you Monkeyb, I too feel better even after just two weeks. I havent had any weight loss this week but I do feel a lot better within myself. I also never realised just how much snacking . …not even thinking why I was opening the fridge etc just looking for a wee snack when I wasnt even hungry and even only after 2 weeks I have stopped this. Have a great weekend everyone x

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Carb Addict I am going to take on board your advice. I have not set in stone what I want to loose yet, but I know its a lot. Not quite sure what my ideal weight should be. Started off at 18stone and at 5ft 1″ I like your idea of a target being 7lbs. and I think this is what I am going to aim for. I am determined not to loose heart and I want to be happy even if I am only half a pound down a week. Might treat myself to a manicure when I have lost my next 7lbs.

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Happy to hear that my post above was useful to some of you ๐Ÿ™‚

On the Christmas approaching/ willpower front, what I can say is that success breeds success so try not to stress about it: you’ll find that once you have been on the BSD for a few weeks and are feeling better and losing weight, it gives you a great head of steam and saying no becomes a LOT easier. Case in point: my lunch out today. I went to an expensive all-you-can-eat hotel buffet with some visiting friends (not my choice!). Normally that kind of outing is a complete diet blow-out for me: firstly because of the choice and second because my brain wants to get its money’s worth. I haven’t called myself Carb_Addict for no reason! Well today I didn’t over-indulge like usual and I didn’t break my low-carb diet plan either. And I feel great tonight because of it. If you had said to me six weeks ago would I have been able to do this the answer would have been a resounding ‘no way Jose: pass the potatoes’.

By the way, almost NO ONE loses any weight on week 2, and sometimes during week 3 too. But don’t get disheartened; stuff is happening inside your body and the usual thing is to have a downwards ‘whoosh in week 4 – but ONLY if you have stuck to it… Weeks 2 and 3 can get a bit mentally tough as a result, but hang on in there as week 4 starts to get very satisfying!!! Good luck everyone.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

I am starting week 7 tomorrow Carb Addict. Also going out to visit family for supper. But I will just have to work around the food.

on

Day 15 and I can report minus 3 kilos (that would be 6,6 pounds) and minus 4 cm around the waist. Happy about that! Also I can start wearing my new pants that I ordered last month (they were a bit too tight to begin with…).

I will continue, it goes surprisingly well. I like trying out new recipes, and like to plan how I’ll use those 800 calories best. But I must admit I find it a boring at times. I miss snacking and being able to eat what I want without “running out of calories for the day”. And sometimes I’m hungry, but it’s managable. Still not sure I’ll do this for 8 whole weeks though… Well, one day at the time!

This weeks favourite: cottage cheese pancakes. Comfort food and filling too. About 200 cal. with berries or a bit more if you make them into a “toast” with ham, cheese and mustard. What’s your favourite dish?

• posted by Inka13
    on

HiScandinavian, well done! Love the idea of cottage cheese pancakes, is the recipe on the bsd site?

on

I have lost half a stone since starting, quite pleased. Tried the High Intensity cycling yesterday and was like a jelly afterwards! Think I need to do that a bit more. Good luck with the coming week. x

• posted by Jan43
    on

Well done everyone in their weight loss last week. I am also 3 kgs down ๐Ÿ™‚ I only lost 1 lb last week but a lb is a lb ! Not looking forward to Friday/Sat this week as we have two invites and its all going to be about food and alcohol. I will try and be good but not restrict myself to 800 calories but hopfully keep to just under 1000. All the best for week three everyone ! Jan x

• posted by Sam1111
    on

Hi everyone,

Have been reading all thee posts but haven’t been able to get on computer so haven’t been able to reply!
    Sounds like alot of people are still going strong. Going into week 3, I didn;t lose anything in week 2 – which is expected but still a bit disappointing – hoping for a couple of pounds this week. Going to try really hard to keep to cals as I keep creeping over the 800 mark and I also had a glass of wine over the weekend. So need to be strict to get to where I want to be!
    Meals today, ham salad and dinner…not sure but prob fish and salad. Lovely hot day here in WA so it’s abit easier to eat salad ๐Ÿ˜€
    Looking forward to seeing others week 2 results!

• posted by Staffordshire lass
    on

Day 14 here. 8 lbs loss week one, 4 lbs loss week two. Weight gained from two gorgeous babies, and now the youngest is 20 months I would like to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, 140 lbs, so if we fancy a third, I can start from a healthy place. I was 182lbs on 29th October, and today I am 170. At a measly 5 foot three, I resembled a Christmas bauble.

on

Thanks Carb addict and others for the reassurance about weeks 2 and 3. Was beginning to get disheartened by the same numbers every morning in spite of greatly reduced intake. Happier news today. Have just had delicious breakfast of 2 poached eggs with 6 spears of asparagus (Southern hemisphere-quite cheap this time of year). Feel full and as if i have had a special treat to start my day. Yay! Whole meal cost a lot less than a glass of wine at the pub which i am not having at the moment, so no need to do it hard. Spending a lot less on this diet-no cakes and muffins, no sweets at the supermarket, so it helps to put that money to a few treat foods that are on the list-seafoods, good quality cuts of meat, nice fruit and veg. I/we are worth it and it takes the sting out of being on “a diet”.
    Still amazed by not feeling hungry and by how much less i want at a sitting.

on

That sounds good! I made the mistake of having a small bowl of porridge this morning with the kids- I was making some for them. So, then I’ve felt hungry and those familiar carb craving feelings coming back. I won’t do that again. So a bit of a day over the 800 for me today, as ended up eating more as a result.

on

Staffordshire lass I’m roughly the same hight and weight as you and know what you mean.

on

Inka13: I found my recipy for the cottage cheese pancakes on a Swedish blog, but you’ll get plenty of hits in English by just googeling it in , different types of pancakes too (with oats and what not). Personally I’ve just tried this one recipy so far. I’m not sure how “Mediterranean” they are (if you’re super strict on that), but at least they’re gluten free and full of protein. Keeps you full a long time aswell.

Serves 2
    2 eggs
    200 grams cottage cheese
    1,5 table spoon of psyllium husk fiber (at least I think that’s the English translation?)
    some salt

Mix the ingrediences (You can use a blender if you want them smooth. Personally I don’t bother and just stir it all together.)

Fry with some butter (actually the recipy said coconut oil, I’ve tried that too.). Not too hot pan though (medium heat-ish?)

I recommend making 6 small pancaces (easier to flip). It takes several minutes until they stick together enough so that you can flip them and fry on the other side. (Just be patient.)

Serve with for example berries, or apple & cinnamon, or make a “toast” with some ham, cheese and mustard. (The latter is actually in my lunch box today with some salad.) I’ve tried them with some caviar, red onion, black pepper and crรจme fraiche aswell. (For the saltier options, you probably don’t want to fry them in coconut oil…)

Calories will depend on what type of cottage cheese you use. (It’s probably different in different countries).
    Hope you like it!

on

Sharing a tip on a delicate subject- Constipation. Don’t know about you folk, but this is always a problem on a low refined carb diet for me. Miss my nice grainy bread or muesli for breakfast for this.
    My solutions, apart from eating more raw veg and drinking plenty of water are to keep up my morning coffee- wakes up your bowel as well as your brain and to make strategic use of seeds, especially linseed. It’s not a nice tasting seed you can happily snack on (sold in bulk bins in supermarkets for bread making and bird seed) but I find it disappears pretty palatably in my breakfast yoghurt and fruit, especially if you use fruit you can mix in to yoghurt like frozen berries or rhubarb. So breakfast 150g greek yoghurt, handful of defrosted raspberries and 2 tsp linseed is fuel for more than 1 thing in the mornings. Warning you may have to experiment with the dose of linseed that suits you-not dangerous, but can be pretty potent. Whatever gets you going!

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hi Rose

Add chia and/or linseed to the yog and rasperries the night before. The Chia soaks up the liquid and gives you a huge fibre boost, plus a lot of Omega 3.

• posted by LadyGreyTee
    on

My slow weight loss continues: as of today, 2.5 weeks in, I am down 2kgs / 4 lbs.

I’m trying to not be too disappointed, any loss is good, right?

Got another heavy weekend ahead of me though, family plans that can’t be avoided. Cross your fingers for me! Good luck everyone.

• posted by shalimar
    on

YES …. it is good …. it is great …. good luck on the weekend.

on

Yes. Good luck for the weekend! My weekend is almost done and was not a great one on the diet front. Social occasions are always a weak point for me and we had a work function where everybody brought a plate of something delicious. My thai beef salad would have been perfect if that was all i ate but, surrounded by delicious bread and nibbles, I lost the plot and pigged out on carbs (though not the sweet stuff which i seem to have really lost the taste for-small mercies) Back on the wagon today, but have a gauntlet of Xmas and holiday functions to run. Hope I can hold the line.
    On the plus side, I met a woman last night, who sings in the same choir as I do, who lost 40kg following almost exactly the same diet and she has kept it off for several years, eating carbs only occasionally. It is always good to meet someone whose story inspires you to keep going. It works! It’s worth it! She has offered to support me with sustaining the diet and adjusting to people’s comments and the changes in my body as i go. The reason i bought Michael’s book in the first place is that I have met three acquaintances over the past year or so who were previously quite overweight and are now slim and have asked them what worked for them. They all gave the same answer about giving up refined carbohydrates except as an occasional or very small quantity part of their diet. All remain slim. I tried the Dukan diet on the strength of this, but the lack of veges and fruit made me miserable and the whole thing seemed so wrong. Love the science and the simplicity of the blood sugar diet.

on

So, I made it to the 3 week weigh inn. Lost 1,1 kilos/2,4 pounds the third week. That makes a total of 4,1 kilos/9 pounds in these three weeks on the 800 cal diet. (I actually weighed 400 grams less this morning, but the “official” number is on Saturdays. Proud I made it to 3 weeks.

Had some serious thoughts about quitting yesterday though. Or atleast changing from 800 to 1000 or 1200 perhaps. 800 is very little, you really have to plan and weigh everything, go hungry sometimes. And I felt so low on energy yesterday and was just sick of it all!
    My partner gave up this week also. Not totally, she eats the same lunches and dinners as me, but doesn’t count calories and eats more between meals.

Today (perhaps due to the surprising weightloss since yesterday), I’m more motivated. Also my mother (who tried all diets) expressed to me that she thinks 800 is extreme. Then I felt a sudden “Ha, I’m gonna show you!”. Guess I make a meal plan for the week again… But I might go up a bit in calories. I’ll see how I feel.

Good luck to you all! 5 weeks to Christmas! As someone here said, just keep focusing on how good we’ll look in that new dress. : )

on

Rambling Rose, I know the feeling! I’m nervous about all the Christmas funcions coming up the following weeks. Scandinavian Christmas food is (for the most part) very fattening. Hardly any vegetables. I guess you can always try to make good (or at least “less bad”) choices.

• posted by LadyGreyTee
    on

So finished week 3 and my total loss is 3 kg. I’m thrilled because I absolutely fell off the wagon this past weekend and didn’t gain, whoopee!

Onwards and downwards everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Jan43
    on

Good to hear everyone’s weight loss in week 3. I fell of the wagon last Fri/Sat and I put a kilo on….so upset but it was my own fault. Have been very good since Sunday and had lost that kilo again this morning. I find it too difficult to not indulge on a day or night out but I will just have to try harder. Still 3 kilos down since I started so its 3 kilo less than 3 weeks ago…all the best for the rest of this week everyone..xx

on

So guys, I made it to 4 weeks afterall. I was so uninspired last week, so I decided to do a meal plan for the following week with only my favourite low cal-recipies and that kept me going. Just like week 3, I lost 1,1 kilos (2,4 pounds) in week 4 and ended up at 84.9 (under 85!) kilos or 187 pounds. Total weightloss while on the BSD for four weeks is 5,1 kilos or 11.2 pounds.

Been really tired though and only made it to the gym once this week. This time of year where I live (near the Artic circle) it’s dark when I get up in the morning and dark in the evenings -so basically daylight when I’m at work. That makes me tired! So it isn’t just the low cal-diet, I always have a lack of energy this time of year. (Normally I would boost my energy with chocolates…)

I think I want to weigh 83 (or less) by Christmas. That’s just two kilos away in four weeks, so it’s definately possible even with a more moderate low cal-diet. As long as I don’t fall of the wagon completely, that is…

• posted by Jan43
    on

Well done Scandinavian38 on your weight loss. I am sure you will reach or go below your goal of 83 kgs..Its much harder for you when you are in the middle of winter…you do tend to crave all the starchy carb food . I have lost 4.5 kilos so I am happy with that even after my blip of putting on a kilo after 2 days of falling off the wagon. Going to be hard from now on with all the evenings out in December but I don’t plan to overdo it like I did in week 3. Well that’s us half way through now !! Stick in for the next four weeks we may not have reached out target but we will be lighter and lost inches ๐Ÿ™‚ all the best for week 5 xx

• posted by LadyGreyTee
    on

Ah, no loss during week 4 and now I have my period so all bets are off for a few days! (No gain either.)

I’m losing willpower on a daily basis as it is getting more and more cold here (UK) and I just want to fill up with stodgy foods – am really tempted to call it quits for now until the New Year ๐Ÿ™

Loving your positivity Jan!

• posted by topcac
    on

Don’t give up!!! PLEASE!! There are loads of people on here that plateaued in week 4 and I’m one of them but I went on to lose consistently for the next 4 weeks. Plus I don’t know about you, but having my period makes me want to eat everything in sight. Just give yourself a few more days, let your body settle down, drink loads of water and hopefully you’ll be in a much better place weight wise and emotionally.

If you stop now until the new year, that’s 5 weeks – how much will you gain?

• posted by nursecathy44
    on

Hi girls,
    I am so upset, have not lost anything in over a week, have actually put 2lb on, despite sticking to plan, overall weight loss in 4 weeks is 7 and half lb :-(. I am exercising 5 days a week, either bootcamp, running or using the exercise bike. I am currently on day 3 of quitting smoking so dont know if thats having an impact, and its my time of the month ๐Ÿ™
    I am feeling so disheartened and from starting out really surprised to see the weight coming off and excited to weigh myself i have now found myself dreading it in case another lb has been gained. I am only eating twice a day and i dont always eat 800cals, do you think this could be why ?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

At least try a bit of intermittent fasting if you can’t stick to the 800 calories, but there is plenty of non stodgy warming food that is BSD friendly. Have you tried making some homemade soups and stews? I don’t have a problem personally with salads every day, as long as I can have my lovely warming soups as well.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi nursecathy, your time of the month will certainly make a difference, it was always responsible for my biggest gains while doing the 8 weeks, and correspondingly with the biggest whoosh afterwards. This is almost certainly due to some form of water retention. I would certainly try to make sure you are eating 800 calories a day, just to get good nutrition, and maybe try adding the extra in good fats, like avocado, butter or olive oil. My advice would be stick to the plan, but don’t weigh yourself again until two days after the end of the period. It may be different for you, but for me that was always a nice surprise.

• posted by Katey1
    on

After reaching the half way mark I lost 8kgs and a further half kg this week. I saw my Dr two days ago, my blood sugar levels have now averaged out over that period from 6.2 to 5.4. My blood pressure has reduced to 128 / 61 and Dr was over the moon with my results to date. As I am 70 this is a huge improvement in a short time and has given me encouragement to continue. I have been worried about all the pre Christmas lunches and dinners etc but have managed really well. One thing I have realised, most restaurants and eating places willingly adjust menues to accommodate me. I was out with a group of friends celebrating yesterday, drank my bottled water, ate my roast meal minus the potatoes and was given extra greens in place of them. My friends ate my bread roll & the biscuit I got with my tea. All in all it seems to be a win win situation. Whilst I am not losing as rapidly now, it is still slowly coming off and that is a plus.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi Nursecathy – totally agree with mixmatch – weighing at certain times of the month can have a MASSIVE effect on whether you’ve lost or gained. I don’t even bother until my period is well and truly over and I usually find that I’ve been holding water. I would definitely wait to weigh. In the meantime you should definitely try to eat the 800 cals per day if you can, or at least make sure that’s your average. I don’t know if you have the recipe book but it’s all calorie counted in there for you so that helps me to plan.

I don’t think that eating twice a day will make the difference but the make up of your food almost certainly will, as will the level of water you are drinking.

Keep us posted and best of luck xxx

• posted by nursecathy44
    on

Thanks for the words of support, i am not going to weigh myself until Monday and carry on sticking to plan and hopefully will see a whoosh ๐Ÿ™‚
    Fingers crossed

on

Hi Nurse Cathy
    Agree with others that you are listening too much to the scales. If you are doing all that exercise, especially if that is a new regimen for you, you will be laying down muscle big time. Muscle weighs a lot more than fat. Try measuring waist circumference instead or just taking out a pair of pants or skirt that was tight last time you wore it and check whether it feels more comfortable. A stable weight doesn’t mean your body isn’t changing in a healthy way. Don’t give up!!!!!!
    Also agree period time pretty hopeless with carb cravings low mood and fluid retention.
    Good luck!

on

Week 5 update. No exercise whatsoever this week… I even stopped taking the 3 stairs at work in the mornings. Been really lazy! Food has gone well though. No immediate desire to quit, but it felt boring at times. I miss snacking and enjoying some chocolates in front of the tv.

The stores are now full of Christmas cookies, chocolates and marzipan. But interestingly, when I go grocery shopping, I’m not that tempted. Of course it looks delicious, but I find myself thinking “Oh, that will be nice l a t e r, when I’ve finished this diet!”.

Weightloss week 5: – 1,1 kilo. (The same as week 3 and 4.) 83, 8. Wow, I weigh 83- something! It’s been years!! And I’m so close to my Christmas goal of 83, 0 already. But I also know that once I’m off the diet I’ll probably gain some weight immediately, just by eating normal amounts, more carbs et c, so I should try to get below 83…

Total weightloss: -6,3 kilos in 5 weeks.
    (Plus another -1,8 if I count the week before the bsd, my so called “semi start”, when I cut down on carbs but probably ate 1800 calories a day.)

6,3, that’s almost a “stone” my unit converter app tells me. But no changes on my waist for a few weeks now. Probably should exercise more to make it show on the waist…

Good luck everybody! And Katey01, amazing results! Congrats!

on

Pre- Christmas greetings all. I hope the reduced traffic on this site doesn’t mean that too many have dropped out. I confess that i have given up too much hope of losing weight over the next couple of weeks. I have 4 part time jobs and some social connections that all seem determined to outdo each other for Xmas events involving high carb food and alcohol. My goal is to avoid the carbs as much as possible and keep my weight stable at the 5kg i have lost to date and not go through the usual holiday gain. I feel very positive about being able to continue losing after New year when life returns to a simpler routine and i seem to have embedded the habit of eating with little or no complex carbohydrate (nearly all the time). My sweet tooth also seems to have reliably gone. I truly find it easy and don’t think of it as a deprivation diet or a short term exercise. I don’t have glucose intolerance or diabetes, so maybe have less incentive to do the 8 week push, but feel confident that i could make it work at any other time of year-soup in the winter, salad in the summer sounds like a plan to me. Hope you are all doing better than me on the Xmas party front and will be able to give yourselves a christmas present of a lighter healthier body

on

Week 6 for me and I’ve quit. Made it to 5 weeks and 2 days, then started feeling weak and anxious. Have some things going on in life, so it wasn’t just the low cal diet, but I felt it wasn’t the right time to restrict my eating.

So I began eating normally, and regained some energy. This would have been fine. But then I lost it completely… The last three days I’ve been having chocolate, cookies and desert. Results? In 5 days I’ve gained 1,3 kilos andxweigh 85,1… Ah well. Guess that goal og weighing 83 at xmas is gone. That’s disappointing. (I was so close!)

Not really up to going back on the 800 cal diet again, though (not now at least) so my goal is to eat normal food and not so much sweets like in the last few days. Baby steps back on track!

Please log in or register to post a reply.