8 weeks to Xmas! I'm starting today!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sam1111
    on

Hi everyone,

I’m a bit of a regular here – well regular reader but haven’t been able to commit to the diet previously but I am always reading the forums. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I am a complete carb addict so know I will find this tricky to start with but the motivation to actually do something about my weight is for once stronger than my cravings!
    I’ve got 3 children – 9, 5 and 11 months so am always thinking about or preparing food so I am going to have to be super organised…one of my downfalls. I’ve been doing low (ish) carb for a while but want to try the BSD diet for various reasons not just weight loss. Since the birth of my little boy, my hormones have been out of whack and I’m being investigated for various autoimmune issues thyroid etc…. so thinking this diet is worth a try for health and weight reasons. I also have type II in my family so am aware of whats to come if I don’t start making changes.

Its 8 weeks to xmas – eeeek and I know there will be temptations but I’ll do my best to stick closely to the plan.

I’m currently 13 stone 5 lbs and hoping to lose roughly a stone by xmas ๐Ÿ™‚ Would love any other new starters to join in and share tips and ideas – weigh ins etc

• posted by Sam1111
    on

Hoping to keep track of measurements etc on here:

STARTING STATS: DAY 1/56
    Weight: 13.5
    Waist: 33 inches
    Stomach: 39 inches
    Hips: 44 inches

• posted by tigs
    on

Exciting Sam1111!!

• posted by Scandinavian38
    on

I’ll join you! Did a sort og semi-start last week (didn’t count calories, but did cut down on carbs) and that combined with finally making it to the gym again, made me loose 1,8 kilos (about 4 pounds). Probably mostly waterweight but I’m thrilled nonetheless.

Started the BSD yesterday and could sure need some buddies on the way. Okay, 8 weeks to Christmas, let’s go!

on

Oh and my starting weight today is 90.1 kilos /about 198 pounds. Waist 102 cm/about 40 inches. Hips 122 cm/about 48 inches.

(all according to my unit converter app. Interestingly the weight somehow seems smaller and the length seems larger in metric โ˜บ)

• posted by nursecathy44
    on

Hi, I would love to join you , i am starting tomorrow, very apprehensive as i always struggle to lose weight. My current blood sugars are in the twentys so really need to do something ๐Ÿ™

Weight- 13.5
    waist- 46 inches
    Hips- 48 inches

I have all my meals planned so here goes, good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Quick update: Been to the gym this afternoon, now trying to make a meal plan for the week. To me (at least now in the start) planning is essential. (Don’t trust myself to wing it at all!)

Not sure what’s best for me and my partner (we’re quite different), so my plan will be lunches and dinners and I’ll try to keep that 500- 600 calories in total. Then each of us can use the rest of the calories for the day the way we prefer. Me, I would definately want something to snack on in the evenings, but skipping breakfast usually isn’t a problem. And I’ll rather eat my calories than drink them, where as my girlfriend probably will save up to have a glass of wine once in a while.

Tonights dinner by the way is ratatouille with lean moose/elk meat. How’s that for a Mediterranean – Nordic diet combo? ๐Ÿ˜‰

What are you guys having for dinner?

• posted by Shanmarie
    on

Well done. I am so new to this. I am 25 and currently at my heaviest but i went to the doctors for my tests and they said everything was fine. However, my middle is huge and and BMI is obese – almost off the scale! Hopefully starting tomorrow. Really excited. I’ll be sure to keep checking this forum to see how everyone else is getting on. Good luck guys x

• posted by mattliny
    on

I have started today. I have decided to do the 7 day plan in the book as a first step. I am a real comfort eater for sugar and carbs but have also been reading around about sugar and it’s quite scary. Starting weight 74kg (11st 9) and I hope to be under 10 st 9 by Christmas. Good luck!

• posted by Sam1111
    on

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your messages and I’m so happy that I have some other new starters as well! Sorry I am in Australia (WA) so looks like I am in a different timezone so I might be out of whack on my timings and replies!

Well onto day 2 of 56

Yesterday went ok, but couldn’t keep it to 800 – i was probably closer to 1000 ๐Ÿ™ not a great start but better than a normal eating day and my carbs were around 40g.

Today (Monday!) will be slightly easier I find I can create quite a good routine with meals and prepping without the kids and my OH here!

My meals today will be – chicken cesear salad, chicken breast and egg basically ๐Ÿ˜€ (obv no croutons and a homemade dressing) which comes in at 320 cals, then prawn cocktail for dinner -just need to be careful with the dressing will need to add cals up on mfp.

Snacks either greek yog or veg sticks with a chilli greek yog dip. (a new discovery). I seem to do ok on the savoury side of things but really struggle finding a satisfying sweet treat. Any ideas?

i think I will be close to the 800 mark today although I am not being crazy crazy strict aslong as I’m under 50g of carbs and my protein is high I will be happy if I go between 800-900. I do a fair bit of exercising walks, strength training 3 x a week so I am not going to blow my diet just because I’ve gone 100cals over. – just need to be very vigilant on snacks and what goes in my mouth when I am preparing dinner for the children – oh and my major problem of a nightly glass of wine….that may be the hardest to stop!

Hope everyone had a great day! looking forward to hearing how your first day went! Sam x

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Sam and everyone else,
    Welcome to the BSD family! Yeah, another Aussie, although I’m in Sydney.

I’m at the other end of the weight loss journey, having started in April and now on maintenance after losing approximately 31 kg in around 23 weeks.
    Hope you don’t mind me dropping in to your thread, as even though now I’m now at my goal weight, I utilise the forums to keep me on track.

Don’t forget to keep your fats at a reasonably high level. It is not the demon that we were all taught and really goes towards keeping you satiated.

Sugars are hidden in virtually all processed foods so I now only eat predominantly ‘real food’ and I’m loving it! What kept me on track on my weight loss journey was full fat Greek yogurt (my favourite was Tamar Valley from Tasmania as it was one of the lowest in carbs and tasted great), eggs, olive oil, lamb, beef, salmon, butter and lots of salads and veges. Oh and lots and lots of water and and at least 10,000 steps per day.
    Good luck everyone, if you follow the book and keep your carbs to no more than 50g per day, you can’t help but lose weight.
    If anyone has questions, don’t hesitate to ask, there is a wealth of information on these forums๐Ÿ˜€
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Well done LindaA for your weight loss and also for doing so well in maintenance.

I am almost at maintenance (with 4lb left to lose) and will be staying on the forums to keep me on track.vI will be carrying on exactly as you are. Basically still on the BSD but with more calories.

I have been advised by my doctor that I will still have to limit carbs so I can stay off the insulin and remain in remission. Do you still limit carbs?

• posted by Ronster1957
    on

Ok, I’m starting tomorrow, Melbourne Cup Day. I’ll be doing shakes for a while until I get my mojo….

Weight 88kg
    Waist 103
    Belly 119

Goodness that’s a big ask, let’s nail it by Christmas…

• posted by Sam1111
    on

Good Luck Ronster1957 and Thank you LindaA some great tips!
    The day has gone really well so far ….just need to not give in to the wine and chocs tonight…..the end of the day seems to be my downfall. Going to stay strong though – I need to do this.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Thank you Sam1111๐Ÿ˜€
    Hi KrysiaD
    Yes, I do, although I am not diabetic and I no longer put everything in my calorie counter. I just got in the habit with the BSD and decided not to tempt fate! I don’t want to put all the weight back on again.
    I have virtually no simple carbs at all and although I’ve increased my complex carbs, it’s mainly from yogurt and veges rather than things like chick peas, lentils etc.
    I plan to keep this up for the long term, but I’m still actually losing weight, so I’m experimenting with different foods to try and maintain where I’m at now so I don’t keep losing.
    Well done on your journey, it feels great doesn’t it๐Ÿ‘.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Ronster1957
    on

Ah yes Sam1111, the end of the day wine &/or choccies are a big temptation…..we can keep each other honest!

• posted by karenv
    on

Hi Sam1111 and everyone. I’ll join you too if I may – I’d like to lose a stone to a stone and a half by Christmas, I have been a serial off on dieter for a while and have toyed with the programme here but not stuck to it.

Yes evening is the worst time for me as well – that’s when I want to eat snacks ๐Ÿ™‚ Will have to stay strong and think of that Christmas outfit ๐Ÿ™‚

My starting weight is 16 stone 11.4 (eep) – haven’t measured myself but will do that tomorrow. Aiming for around 1000 cals a day as when I tried before I found 800 too restrictive, so 1000 worked for me.

Good luck everybody today and this week!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Everyone,
    Baristagirls mum speaking. I’m starting today doing another 8 weeks if I can. I did 18 weeks and then spent the last four weeks maintaining. eating a few carbs here and there and it was getting too many and i felt the old craving rearing its head. Truth be told, did not feel well eating them, but you know how it is, it looks nice and you think a little won’t do much harm, believe me, IT DOES! Especially when you have done this diet to kick a carb addiction like I have done, not because I have diabetes. Faced up to that this morning and decided on another 8 weeks. I lost a lot of weight, had new clothes and loads of comments and think I got a bit complacent, thought I looked OK, which I probably do compared to what I was, when actually I still have more to lose.

So far today has been positive and no carb craves yet. Rhubarb and Tesco Full Fat Greek yoghurt here we come:)

• posted by Jan43
    on

Hi…Good luck on starting….It is my first day today !! and yes we should finish on Christmas day. I am just going to work round all the festivities and do my best to stick to the 800 calories. Have to say, I was a bit shocked as to how fast they can add up. My menu today is just over 800 at 820. So far I don’t feel hungry but will miss my wine tonight. Jan

• posted by Jan43
    on

Your menu sounds very posh !! I am having stir fried beef in tea spoon of coconut oil with mushrooms and veggies a full 285 calories.

• posted by Jan43
    on

Wow LindaA thanks so much for the advice and well done you. You certainly inspire me to keep going. I find all the carb things a bit confusing so still learning about complex carb etc !! my total carb for today is going to be 19 which I take it is quite low then if you have to stick to below 50. Again many thanks Jan

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

Hi Sam1111
    So, like you , I’m starting off today with Christmas just around the corner and I’m going to give it my best shot!
    Have got quite a few evenings out coming up involving food & drink, but, I figure if I stick to the plan ALL the rest of the time I might just lose a stone for Christmas. Have also started back at the gym so hopefully that will help๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Sam1111
    on

Morning/afternoon/evening!

Day 3 already and I’m feeling suprisingly postive ๐Ÿ˜€ Have really made an affort to think about and plan my meals for the day. I’m normally terrible in the planning stages so find myself constantly thinking about food – which leads to snacking or worst case bingeing! Anyway coming onto this forum and mfp in the morning is helping to plan within my limits!

How’s everyone else going/feeling?

I’m currently missing out breakfast and having a large protein based brunch around 11-12 today bacon, turkey, avacado and scrambled egg couple of tomatos.
    Dinner is steak and salad. Snacks I’m still struggling with but currently have a few berries with a couple of almonds. I’m in (just) to the calories 795 according to mfp – but carbs are 50g today…which is ok but I’m hoping maybe next week to get them down a little bit more to increase weight loss but will see how I go…I’m abit scared to go completely cold turkey with the carbs. Will see this week with my results and how I’m going to plan for next week. Good Luck everyone who’s starting this week too, can’t wait to see our results!

• posted by fat_rac_slim
    on

Hi Sam, I live in NSW. I’ve been wanting to start BSD but I’m really nervous about it.

• posted by tigs
    on

You are doing well Sam1111 ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Ronster1957
    on

Hi fat_rac_slim….why are you nervous? Hunger? Failure? No carbs?
    There’s plenty on here who will help.
    Go on, have a go, if it is no good for you try the 5:2. I am on optislim shakes, day one, so far so good! One day at a time …..onward to Christmas.

• posted by Jan43
    on

Hi Everyone….Hope you are all coping okay…my second day today and so far I don’t feel hungry yet. Got a bit of a fright just how fast the calories add up. fat_race_slim Just go for it..the longer you leave it the harder it will get. Good luck everyone.

on

Hi everyone. So day 4, and I’m struggeling a bit. So far I’ve skipped breakfast and then had lunch at work. This has been fine, probably cause I’m busy at work. It’s when I come home I just want to eat and eat… (I haven’t though).

And I’ve come to realize that 800 (which I’m sticking to week 1) isn’t much… I get a good lunch and dinner (lot of veg!) but then there’s not so much left for snacking. My body is used to snacking mote or less the whole day, (an apple here, a yoghurt there, some nuts, a chocolate…), so this is quite a change! I probably should be eating more fat, such as olive oil and nuts, perhaps that would keep me satisfied longer.

Jan43, totally agree how quickly those calories add up. Guess we just have to choose wisely.

A thing that motivates me though: I realized that I measured my waist wrong and that my waist/hip ratio is worse than I thought. I really need to loose weight for my health!

• posted by Luceeloo
    on

I’m on day 4 too, and I’ve been hungry today. I too sort of miss the snacking, but I’m trying not to think about it. I know I’ll be able to get over this hurdle if I just focus!
    Surprisingly, I’m really enjoying the food. This evening I had a poached egg, with spinach (my favourite food ever), and a decent serving of soya beans with spring onions and a spoon of greek yoghurt stirred through. It was around 240 calories.

In total today I’m at 46g carb, 813kcals. My “usual” mode of diet was LCHF – so 46g seems like a lot of carbs, but I need to drop that thought, because LCHF wasn’t working for me… my cholesterol levels crept up, and they need to come back down!

• posted by debbie80421
    on

Hi – new here and to BSD. Third day and super tired. Your posts are very motivational. I’m also very happy with the water weight that has dropped off in just two days – 6.4 lbs. I’ll likely go over the 800 mark today, however not to hard on myself as it will still be so much less than a ‘normal’ day in my old life. My goal is 30lbs by end of year – while that might seem high – I do have a lot to lose and retain water so a good 10lbs could be water. Here’s to a new year and a new us – the holiday’s will be easier as a group.

• posted by Smileycgirl
    on

Calgary, Canada.. Day 1 and would love to join the 8 week Challenge. I just finished a 31 day challenge on the Fast diet site and lost a whole 2.4 lbs, so that wasn’t working for me… and I never cheated once…
    I just picked up Michael’s book on this plan and it resonated with me… being a carbo junkie I definitely need to cut those down.
    I have trolled some of the other forums and saw something on net carbs vs total carbs, so I think that is something I need to learn more about.
    I am wondering if you are trying to get carbs down to 30g that’s about 15% of your daily nutrients what do you make the others? Protein at 55% (110g)and fat at 30%(27grams) or does it matter? is there a standard ratio that I should be aiming for?

Starting weight 189.6lbs
    waist 35″
    hips 47.5″

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Smileycgirl
    that program was really icky!

this is a calculator that you put your details in, the calories that you want to aim for, carbs, and it works out the fat and protein – or something like that, its a while since I did it.
    http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

When I started, I aimed for 50g of carb, 800 calories – and that generated 50g of protein and 45g of fat (or maybe the other way around!) – I tended to keep it in my head as 50g of everything, which was close enough.
    Now that I’ve been doing it so long (occasionally in a very relaxed way!) I tend to aim for the calories, and know that if I avoid simple carbs and don’t go overboard on beans, pulses or carb heavy veg, it will work itself out!

Explanation of net carbs
    http://www.naturalketosis.co.uk/blog/2015/03/what-is-the-difference-between-total-carbs-and-net-carbs

I assume Canada is similar to the US, and you need to calculate net carbs

If Food labels say
    Carbs 10 grams
    of which fibre 3 grams
    of which sugars 5 grams

You need to deduct the fibre from the total carb figure , in this case 10 minus 3 – 7g net carb.
    The logic for this is that the fibre is not digested in the same way, ans doesn’t turn to sugar.

A UK label for the same food would be
    Carbs 7 grams
    of which sugars 5 grams
    Fibre 3 grams

• posted by Jan43
    on

Thanks for all the good advice…tell me can you have one ryvita biscuit daily ??? or is this classed as a simple carbohyrate food ?

• posted by Sam1111
    on

Hi all,

Day 4, feeling good, weirdly not hungry and feeling the same as normal no headaches/tired etc – I normally have a reaction when I stop or cut down or carbs so – so far so good.
    Just a quick one day, did a 10km walk this morning which staved off hunger at breakfast. So just had lunch – same as yesterday bacon, turkey egg and dinner of bbq prawns and salad. Snack of apple, couple of berries and a tiny bit of peanut butter – was craving something really sweet so thought I this was better than the left halloween sweets calling my name. Apple is crazy high in carbs but I just had 3 thin slices and according to mfp I’m still within my carbs for the day. I’m going to use common sense on fruit and veg aslong as I’m still within my macros on mfp and don’t go crazy I’m sure that there a couple of health benefits that outweigh the carb count.

Had a sneaky weigh in and am down 3 lbs ….:) happy with this, I’m a very much want it now kind of person and find dieting very frustrating in this sense- but seeing the scales actually drop made a big difference to my outlook and instead of saying I want to lose a stone by xmas – I am going to up the stakes and say I want to lose 10% of my starting weight which came in just over so 18lbs. This will take me to my pre-pregancy weight. Going to aim high!

Good Luck to everyone else, I hope that everyone is feeling positive and not too hungry! I think the first couple of days are the hardest in any diet so we are definitely over the worst!

Ps. Not sure on the ryvita Jan 43 sorry, are you using a calorie counter app/program to keep track?

• posted by Pipsqueak2011
    on

Hi there, can I join you too? I had a big birthday last week which has been a bit of a wake up call. I’ve been trying to lose the baby wright and given she’s now 5 I need to do something about it. My mum is also the prime example of type 2 diabetes – apple shaped, 2 knee replacement, hip replacement, can’t get up if she falls. I don’t want to turn into my mother!

I started yesterday. Well, I tried and then I discovered the open bag of percy pigs in the evening….

So I’m starting again today.

Mushrooms ready for goats cheese and pine nuts are under the grill, I’ve done prawn pho for lunch and dinner is chicken breast with the peppercorn sauce.

I’m at work all day and wondering if I take some snacks with me – hb egg, yogurt etc or plan on ploughing through and risk falling off the wagon with chocolate…

• posted by mattsmum
    on

Hi
    I would love to join you all. I started on 31/10. I am not diabetic but obese and then some :/ Just turned 48 last month and decided to take control of my weight before it begins to control me. At my last check up, my blood pressure was high but I was given a chance to get it lower through diet and exercise before they put me on medication. So, having tried just about every slimming group in the past – WW was too restrictive, SW no good for a greedy girl like me, etc. I found myself here.
    So far, so good! I have been loosely following the plan in the back of the recipe book and really enjoying the food. Not sure if that is because I am so hungry by dinner that anything tastes good or that the recipes are just delicious!!
    I will recommend the Thai red curry and the easy bolognese. Both quick and easy to make, too.
    As recommended in the book, I have weighed myself every day – the first morning, I was down 2lbs and today I was down another 1.75 lbs. I know this is water but it still feels great to see the scales going the right way for a change!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Set myself a target of 10 lbs for Xmas and have lost 3.5 this week, just 7 more week and 6.5 lbs to go.

• posted by Sam1111
    on

Hi Pipsqueak & Mattsmum;

These first few days are hard going and removing temptation is definitely harder with kids around.
    Good luck to you both!
    Great weigh in results Sunshine-girl you must be chuffed to bits – I think this initial loss reallh gives you alot of hope to whats achievable with this diet.
    I would to see the scale at 12st 13lbs this weekend but it’s a big ask ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m looking forward to weighing in for once!

• posted by Smileycgirl
    on

Calgary Canada, Day 2 feeling great, lost 1.3 lb in one day… I was on the 5:2 for a month and lost 2.4lb very discouraging as I didn’t cheat at all… I know its water but it’s something.. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Frog, thanks for that great advise on the net carbs, makes sense now… I was astonished that my kale salad was so high in carbs, when in fact the net carbs were low.. after calculation…..yeah..
    and thanks for the tracker link.. I currently use my fitness pall and have run the script that allows me to see net carbs… but now I am going to review them both to see which is the easier..
    I am so happy to have joined this group, hello to you all and good luck in your journey.

• posted by Ronster1957
    on

Hi everyone, day 3 and feeling a bit blah…but carry on…carry on everyone.

• posted by nursecathy44
    on

Hi Ronster1957, i too am on day 3 but feeling good. I have taken 6 sweeteners in my coffee for 22 years, following the diagnosis of gestational diabetes. I have been gradually weaning myself of them since starting on Monday and am currently on 2. I am so proud, you would think i have just completed a marathon ๐Ÿ™‚ . I will carry on and hope to remain as focused as i currently am ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Kari
    on

Hi everyone!

Me too, I want to start. I’m not ready yet. I’m almost halfway through the book and I’m working myself up. Similar to the others I have been cutting down the carbs. Not having any for breakfast and lunch and then having a full dinner – that knocks me out. My sugar is high and I’m on metformin (double doxes now x a day). I want to so much do this. I hope I can. I will start it on Saturday after I do the shopping. I like to have a milky coffee in the morning. I’ve stopped the sugar (cinnamon) instead and make porridge with cinnamon for flavour. I don’t know what else I can have. What can I eat that goes with coffee?

I wish you all success in what you are doing and good health.

Kari

• posted by Sam1111
    on

Hi everyone,

Day 5 for me today, feeling good again- although have just added up my calories for the day and they are coming in at 920 – trying to see way to skimoff some of the cals but I want to eat everything I ‘ve listed ๐Ÿ˜€
    . I’m really trying to add in alot of variation with this diet and not to fall into the trap of what I normally do which is eat the same meals everyday then fall off the wagon because I’m bored.
    I must admit to not really missing carbs although it is still early days. I’ve had a bit of a revelation at dinner time when the rest of the family are eating carbs with their meal…as I sit down and am dishing up I really crave those carbs but as soon as I start eating those cravings vanish and I don’t miss them at all – by the end of the meal I am full but I don’t have that stuffed, lethargic feeling, It feels nice actually to not have to un-do my trouser button after my dinner.

Well as I said cals are over today although carbs are 40g – will have to try and reign it in where I can. So hard!
    Meals today: Lunch: turkey and boiled egg salad with a bit of feta – Dinner: salmon stir-fry with a poached egg and veg
    Snacks: couple of blueberries & almonds.

Hope everyone else had a great day, I can’t wait to weigh-in ๐Ÿ˜€ love reading everyones post – really keeping my motivated

• posted by craftydiane
    on

Hi everyone, I started on October 31st , so am on day 4. I am diabetic and obese and suffer from painful arthritis in my knees. I had a recent check up and my Dr was concerned that I have a fatty liver. I knew it was time to change my diet. I have planned my weeks menu based on recipes in the book using ingredients I like. I am enjoying the food and not feeling hungry most of the time. I had a terrible headache on day 1 and the morning of day 2 but that has now passed. So far I have lost 5.5 lb which I know is water but it keeps me motivated. I am a carb addict but the food is so tasty and satisfying I am not missing the cereals, bread and potatoes I usually fill up on. My problem is being able to exercise as my knees are really bad and one knee will often give way even in the house. I am looking forward to see the results after the 8 weeks. Have a great day everyone.

• posted by Ronster1957
    on

Haha nursecathy44 well done on your marathon! I still feel blah so had some extra avocado and cheese, that settles the tum tum. Everyone is going really well, glad to see others have headaches and sore knees and feet. We all have hurdles. Good luck all.

• posted by Pipsqueak2011
    on

Massive headaches here too – have had to crack open the co-codamol to tackle it.

Hunger pains here too, plus I’m over 800 kcal, so trying to work down to the 800 limit.

• posted by LadyGreyTee
    on

Hello. I’ve just started for the very first time on Monday, you guys are really inspirational!

I’ve been doing really well for these first few days, but I’m scared that I’ll crack at the weekend with kids and DH at home all the time.

Also Iโ€™m really confused about the portion size of cauliflower rice (had some for dinner along with the Moroccan meatballs, really liked the recipe) โ€“ the book says โ€œ1 medium cauliflower will make 4 portionsโ€.

But thatโ€™s so vague! Iโ€™ve seen a few online postings referring to 1 cup servings โ€“ do they mean American measuring cups?
    Can anyone please tell me in grams how much cauliflower = 1 serving? And the calorie count?

I’m using MFP to try and track the calorie intake.

• posted by Jan43
    on

Hi everyone…well day 4 for me today. Like you LadyGreyTee I am not looking forward to the weekend !! Keep thinking there will only be 7 more and then the 8th one will be Xmas day ! I had a sneaky look at the scales today and have lost 3 lbs…very chuffed and strangely I don’t feel hungry. I hope I am counting my calories properly. I get confused with raw and cooked portions etc. Stick in everyone and good luck xxxx

• posted by Dollydaydreams52
    on

Hi there it’s dollydaydreams, Day 3 for me. I am coping with the food and no wine (harder!). But could not sleep last night for hunger and a rumbley tummy. I hope that passes as I feel cross today due to lack of sleep and could easily fail today. You’ve lost 3lbs!!!! Congratulations.

• posted by Jan43
    on

Hi Dollydaydreams52…just stick in there. I think we will have bad days and good days. I can’t believe I have lost 3 lbs…I did say i wouldnt weight myself until 7 days ! but after 3 days..that must be a lb a day..lets hope it continues. I am sure tomorrow will be a better day for you.

Please log in or register to post a reply.