I’m warming up and getting ready to go!
Officially starting today in my head (as it is a Monday and 8 weeks to Christmas) but I have ordered the book for delivery tomorrow and will start to work out the shopping lists, meal plans and recipes over the next week or so. Just wondered if anyone else was thinking of giving it a go in the run up to Silly Season and avoiding the usual excesses that this time of year brings.
ABOUT ME (if anyone is interested) :
* 42 year old male from Chester.
* 6ft 2in and stocky build
* 17stone 8lbs (this morning)
* Would like to be 15.5 stone so a 2 stone goal for now.
* Couple of other health-related issues (nothing serious like Diabetes) that I know this will help
* Very much an all or nothing kind of person. I do excess very well – drink gin and/or wine every night, eat out regularly, great social life etc etc. However, when I diet properly I can generally be quite strict with myself. Have had success in the past with Slimming World and 5:2 but then I gradually put it back on. Really like the sound of this for other health benefits beyond weight loss.
* No booze or treats until Christmas Eve
* 800cals every day for next 8 weeks
* Gym twice a week (weights and low-intensity cardio)
* Loads more water – I drink next to none other than in coffee
* Cut out bread completely
* Think about fruit more carefully as generally when I diet I think all fruit is a winner – apparently not the case here.
* Learning this diet. Totally different mindset from other diets (Hopefully the book will help)
* Christmas and the amount of temptation around every corner. (Just need to be strong)
* Planned nights out with friends – one is a brewery masterclass day!! (Could cancel the brewery and just be good where poss)
* 2 cookery courses planned with the Mrs (Seriously – what can you do!?!?!)
* Socialising. I have no kids and we go out a lot! (What do I order in restaurants?? It would be easier to be Vegan these days!)
* Booze. I drink a lot but I know I can just say ‘No’ with booze so not too worried.
Well, that’s my plan. If anyone else is interested in keeping in touch and supporting each other then drop a line in here and we’ll see how things work out.
Sorry if this is not what you’re meant to put in these forum thingies – not done this before.