8 Week Blood Sugar Diet … Any tips please

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jaynepateman
    on

Hi
    I am about to start the 8 week blood sugar diet in the hope of pushing back my type 2 diabetes. I have read the book, brought a spiralizer, found some natural fruit tea that I like and I now feel ready for my new adventure any tips would be gratefully received

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Jaynepateman, sorry to start on a negative but ditch the fruit teas as they are too sweet even if it is not real sugar it has an effect on the body (someone will come on and tell you what it is called). Also no fruit juices. Green tea is good as it is real tea whereas are not tea at all.

First of all read the book, I hope you have it, then stock up on fresh veg, lots and lots, my staples are red peppers, courgettes, cauliflower, celery and I eat raw spinach more than Popeye. Fruits should be limited, too much sugar again, try blueberries and raspberries (I buy frozen) with an occasional melon to go into a breakfast drink. Plan your menu so you know exactly what you are having for every meal. Drink lots and lots of water, 2 ltr per day is good. Put on your determined face and be prepared for a diet that is going to change your life – and that’s no lie. It is difficult but worth it. Browse through the posts and you will pick up hints and tips and see the results people have gained. For me lower blood glucose, less insulin, less glicazides, lower cholesterol and triglycerides.

Enjoy and post and ask as many questions as you want.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Jayne, if you want some positive tips look at the thread called Starting Monday 29th August….. Look at the tips from Linda A posted today

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Jaynepatemen – there are lots of good threads on here with heaps of advise, hints, tips and support. I think the keys to the BSD is to keep low carb – preferably 50g per day or less; drink plenty; remember full fat is your friend on the BSD. If your fruit teas are the tea bag sort, I think you should be fine with those – however the granule sugar based type are a no-no.

Don’t panic if you go over on the calories occasionally and be kind to yourself. Finally, shout out if you need support as someone will respond and please let us all know how you get on as we all love to read about the success people are having.

Please log in or register to post a reply.