7 Day Reboot ….. Tuesday 27th September !!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hello my friends, end of our 7 day reboot. Great weight loss Verano, and you too Krysia.

Here are my results.
    Weight start 75.4 weight today 74.3, lost 1.1 kilos or 2.5 lbs.

I am thrilled with that. I have now lost 6.6 kilos or 1 stone 1lb. Not a massive loss by others standards but I know some people have lots more to lose and it comes off quicker. Also, I repeat myself, I am on insulin which is a fat magnet.

Because I had a really low b/g yesterday morning 65 or 3.5, I decided to reduce my insulin by 1 unit last night. So origianlly on 37 units, got down to 26 and yesterday 25. Today my blood glucose is 4.3 (79). Leaving it at 25 for the next few days. Then we will see. If what happens to Krysia happens to me I might be well on the way to being in remission although I am still taking it steady.

As for a new thread, yes I’m up for it. I have another week before I go to Scotland for nearly 2 weeks (help) so want to keep up the loss. I have done a menu plan for the week but concentrating on keeping to or under 800 cal, and it appears the carbs are automatically low or can be adjusted. Today I will be having 730 cals and 23 carbs. I don’t mind going up to 40 carbs as 30 was hard work. Still, we have done it.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Jan

Don’t have a weight loss target apart from 0.3lbs to get me down into the next 10’s !!!

I find if I have a target it adds too much pressure so just have mini goals. I can cope with them!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Greenjanet – its great to be on board with you and Verona
    I am for the next week sticking to the 30g max as at the moment it is working well for me. will join the new thread today.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi sunshine-girl

Glad you’re joining us. I’m going up to 35g as I really have found 30 difficult because I have to compromise on vegetables. So have done todays menu and guess what 22 carbs a 690 calories!!!! Probably because I had a high protein breakfast with few carbs!

Well done on your loss. As long as it’s in the right direction that’s fine after all a loss is a loss!!

So exciting about your insulin! Just have to keep your fingers crossed and hope your blood sugars stay steady at today’s level.

See you over on the new thread!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Delighted for you SunshinegirlπŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

• posted by greenjanet
    on

πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Sunshine-girl – I am so pleased you are joining the new thread also. I am so looking forward to hearing about your journey to becoming free from injected insulin. I reckon things will start moving very fast now because you look to be well on your way.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi, still on board too – Verano I misread your post as get down into size 10 rather than the next 10’s!
    I was 85.8 this morning – I want to be 7 something within the next two weeks – so 18 October very optimistically, and 25 October realistically, and end of the month as the absolute target.
    I did eat a rich tea biscuit this morning, not a great start, but I have done two hours kayaking, and with planned journeys this afternoon, I think should be at least 10k steps today.
    Although my diet was reasonably good in Dorset, I did drink wine every evening, & ate the odd non-BSD thing – plus I walked a lot less than I normally do. I still lost 0.3kg while I was away, and 1.2 over the whole week fro 27th, so OK & all in the right direction.

Brilliant news on the blood sugars sunshine girl – where are you going in Scotland?

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Frog well done on your weight loss especially given that you had a weekend away.

Size10 !!!! In my dreams and even then very very doubtful LOL!

Are you coming over to the new thread 7Days … pick your carb level?

on

Krysia, can I say that I am so frightened, I don’t know what happens next. One thing, I do know is that I am going away next week spending time with my husbands family in Scotland and I am worried about what I will get to eat. I also know that there are restaurants booked in Birmingham on the way up, in Auchmithie (near Arbroath) where we are staying then in Leeds on the way back down and then calling in to see friends near Wimbledon and they too have booked a restaurant. Forgot to mention meal in port on way up and meal on ferry on way back. I have tried to explain my eating habits for when I eat at their houses and the restaurants will be easy enough to manage. Might not be the best time to start reducing insulin. Whatever happens I will be straight back on the plan on 26th October, the day after I return. Let’s not worry about that yet, we have another week to improve on things.

Frog asked where in Scotland, on the way up we stay with hubbys stepmother (his dad died in Jan 2015 at the age of 93) and she lives in North Berwick, not quite Scotland but you can see the Eildon hills from her house, just a hop away. Then we are going to Auchmithie for a couple of nights taking his S. mum with us. Then back to Berwick. And the rest is above.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

I found it really scary also. I didn’t expect it to happen and it happened so fast – I think it was not knowing what to do was a bit scary. What I found really helpful was carrying glucose/dextrose tablets with me everywhere so I could avoid blood sugars dropping too low, and I kept on testing to check what was going on. I did end up with fingers like pin cushions though.

I think you will do really well while you are away – although I do agree that the restaurants are a lot easier than meals prepared by families.

Your trip sounds as though it will be fabulous – and you do have another week before you go.

on

Krysia, I have just done an average of my bloods for the last 15 days and I am running at 5.1. If that is the result of my HBA1c, due beginning of November but having it done end of November to allow for the holiday, I will be very happy and you and I will be having conversations. I will need your help.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Sunshine-girl – your average of 5.1 is really good – which means your hb1ac must be really good also. I am looking forward to hearing what it is at the end of November.

My hb1ac is being done at end of October – that will be an interesting appointment – I will let you know how it goes.

• posted by Frog
    on

Sunshine Girl – I always think Berwick looks amazing when I go though it on the train – every time I promise myself I will take a holiday there one day, but haven’t yet. Do have a fantastic time!

so – week 2 reeboot, was going well until this evening!

Pros
    14k steps, 2 hours kayaking
    I went to a lecture at an organisation where worked until a couple of years ago – reactions ranged from dropped jaws, polite “you look amazing”s to people simply not recognising me.
    I wore a smaller bra that I bought a few years ago that still had the label on – so from size 42 getting a bit tight pre BSD to a 38 fitting well
    The smaller clothes that I bought online and collected from Debenhams on the way home all fit – size 16

BUT
    couple of glasses of wine, canapes
    – I did stick mainly to parmesan lollipops and olives though πŸ™‚

Also – subject of the lecture was fascinating – the future of digital learning
    checkout https://www.futurelearn.com/ for a range of free online degree level study courses – quirky but interesting range of subjects.

• posted by Frog
    on

bit guesstimatey, but put everything into FatSecret, but around 900 calories and 40 carbs, so not too horrendous!

• posted by Tizzie
    on

7 d reboot weigh in 5.5lbs down from last tuesday which means I’ve lost just over 4 stone in 4 months so doubly pleased.
    Thanks Verona for starting me on the reboot, and congratulations on your results too. In fact pretty good results for everyone and nice to have you back greenjanet.

Just watching Panorama program on diabetes on iplayer and it’s heart-breaking. I know many people won’t be able to follow a LCHF diet but at least now the evidence is building about the benefits, they should be given the right advice. Years of meds, ill health, numbness and eventually amputations- it all seem so unnecessary now I know what I know!

• posted by Verano
    on

Frog ….. what’s a few glasses of wine and canapΓ©s amongst friends!!!
    We have to live with the ‘carb’ eaters and joining in with them now and again does no harm. It’s just being one of them that’s not too clever!! What is your carb level for the new challenge? You are joining us??

Talking about which just checked out future learn WOW WOW WOW! That’s going to keep me occupied for a while! Have signed up for a Spanish course. I did an OU Spanish course 10 years ago and then was about to start the higher course when I took ill. Would just like to get back into it and this looks ideal. So thank you, thank you, thank you! Will be checking out the website again later today!!!

Tizzie great weight loss and good to have you joining us on our second ‘week’ challenge.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi frog

Never mind luvvy, it’s much harder I’ve found beyond the first lot of eight weeks, to avoid everything, I always remember captainlynnes post of her weight loss journey, and beyond the first eight weeks, she lost a steady 1-2 lbs a week, she lost over 90 lbs like that, I had a choc hobnob spontaneously, didn’t mean to, but opened the cup cupboard to make tea and bingo there they were, I cannot prepare my mind it seems for the unexpected, I also had 2 planned chocolates in the eve, much to creamy and sweet.

But well done on the smaller clothes, doesn’t it feel so good. So do you have a aim for this week. Keep at it, you know you love it. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Tizzie

Bril work on the weight loss total, delighted for you. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š all on the BSD reboot bus togetherπŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸšŒπŸšŒπŸšŒπŸšŒπŸšŒπŸšŒπŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Verona

That’s funny living with the carb eaters.
    So started reboot yesterday, 790/38 weigh in today lost .8 kilo, delighted excellent start to the week, mind you I know where it’s all gone, bathroom trips +++++++++++ one way to get the steps up on my UP, I’m duelling with lucky at the mo, hopefully she’s coming back on board she said. Missed her sense of humour.

Hope all of your days will go well also.

Love Jan 😊

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Jan
    It’s really good to see you back on the busπŸ˜€Don’t give up! I know you will do this.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Linda.
    How you doing.

Love jan😊

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Jan
    Good day for you yesterday!! Are you coming over to join us on 7Day …Pick a carb level ????

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Jan
    I’m a maintenance loser I’m afraid!
    Weighed in this morning at 60.1kg, my goal was 63kg!
    I’ve got to figure out a way to stop losing without increasing my sugar intake.
    I’ve increased my good carbs and fats, but obviously not enough yet!πŸ˜€

Are you able to get rid of all the temptation in your cupboards, that’s what I did.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Linda

Bril on your continued maintenance. Yes I get rid, and someone else goes shopping again. Good training for my mind in controlling spontaneity. Lol

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Verano.

Yes sorry thought I said yesterday, must have forgot. Yes I am doing 800/40 I struggle to get carbs below that, especially as I am into tomatoe, chilli and pulses soup now it’s so chilly. So I use my carbs on the onion, and pulses mostly. But yep day 2. Bit of a worrying appt with no 2 son today at the hospital, so soup ready, as a go to emergency must eat for compfort. Lol but eating I can control, everything else, I can’t at the mo. So onwards and at it.
    Hope your day is also going okay. 😊

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi
    will move over to the new thread, but didn’t get in until late last night (went to see Carlos Acosta – amazing – and no snacking opportunities!!)
    Futurelearn does look amazing, doesn’t it Verano – I was googling it while the lecture was going on. I as quite impressed by what the guy was saying about the social media backing up the courses. Was too busy to look yesterday, but will find something

Love the idea of a spontaneous chocolate hobnob Jan πŸ™‚
    must get that concept out of my subconscious!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.