4th day and feeling a bit feeble

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Raminski
    on

Good morning. 4 days in and have experienced:
    some very interesting meals;
    feeling faint but BP is not any different from usual;
    feeling bloated;
    feeling hungry but not being able to eat;
    not sleeping very well but feeling exhausted;
    and (sincere apologies for this) peeing like a drain one day and hardly peeing the next ๐Ÿ™‚
    lost 4 lbs!
    Is this the way it is?
    Rams

• posted by Epspecially
    on

I felt like that for the first week nearly Raminski so keep at it!! Especially the feeling faint/tired and peeing. I found drinking loads more water helped a lot. Tiredness and dead feeling definitely lifted after the first week I think – and it feels great then! Not like perfect person great, but more normal anyway ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Keep going! Weeing and tiredness are common but will get better! Once your body starts to get over the carb withdrawal you will also stop feeling hungry, promise ๐Ÿ™‚ I think the experts suggest eating your evening meal quite late if you have problems sleeping. Keep up the fluid intake and make sure you are eating full fat versions of cheese or yoghurt as they help you feel fuller for longer. Rest assured that by the end of week 2 you will be feeling the benefits ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Just to let you know, Raminski, this is what is known as ‘carb flu’ as you come off all the refined stuff.

Soldier on through it, as Especially and Janeycoughdrop have said, it will pass, and quite quickly!

• posted by spcox
    on

It’s worth sticking to it. 4lbs in 4 days is good going.
    – To combat the hunger, look for foods that make you feel fuller for longer, like eggs
    – Measure everything. Calories are everywhere.
    – Its not only what you eat, but how much you eat. Plates of vegs will still stack calories.
    – 30 mins of walking can help a lot, but don’t push it

You’re putting your body through some big changes, so I agree with others, it will pass.

Good luck.

• posted by Raminski
    on

Thanks all. That is hugely reassuring. I ‘like’ Carb Flu; perhaps I can use that as an excuse for not to go shopping?
    I’m using My Fitness Pal for food and exercise that I used on a previous regime and it is totally ‘honest’ when it comes to calories!
    My exercise is a bit limited at the moment due to two physical conditions that await treatment. Nothing serious, just both prevent all but gentle walking, cycling, swimming and, when I don’t feel like I’m on drugs (the woosey head), upper body work at the gym.
    Because I don’t like eating quite a lot in one go I am going to take Dinner as two sittings (like a high tea and supper I suppose.
    Has anyone done the Brunch and Dinner idea at weekends or other days?
    All the best to all of you and you keep telling me it works as I’ll be needing that.
    Rams
    P.S. had Corgette and Feta salad at lunch today. Quite appropriate (i.e. a bit Greek) for this particular day in our history ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.