4 WEEK FIX … 27th December … Welcoming 2017 with BSD gusto!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Jan that sounds really exciting! I think you may have mentioned a while back that you were thinking of buying the barns. It may be a bit if a slog but I’m sure it will all be worth it in the end.

As for BSD I can understand not feeling as good as you did a few months might be a problem. Once you start packing up and begin your move I’m sure you’ll be so busy, especially with that new wheelbarrow, that you will start to feel better. Maybe you shouldn’t worry too much about weight loss and rather just try to stick to no simple carbs. There are only so many things you can take onboard at a time. Moving and building is really quite stressful but at least you live with the builder!!!

How long do you think it will take to complete?

• posted by Eileen27
    on

Thank you Verano and Daiseysmum for the welcome. I notice there are a few ‘diet’ programmes coming up on television. Normally I would be anticipating these programmes and willing them to be THE ONE for me. This is the first year I haven’t felt like that. I’m not interested in them as I feel I have found THE ONE ( unless of course there is a BSD programme).
    I weighed at the gym this morning and included the body fat %age. I was horrified! I really hope this BSD gets rid of the visceral fat. I will weigh each Monday at the gym and hope to see the body fat %age go down! I’ll let you know!

• posted by Daisiesmum
    on

Hi Eileen, for the record, visceral fat was one of my main concerns. BSD took care of the bulk of mine within days (10 days or so). Even though I’ve gained a few lbs with my Christmas madness (BSD friendly, out of control portions) my tum is still flatter and tight!

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

I just picked up some body fat %, water %, bmi scales in Morrisons sale for £12 thought it would be interesting to get a guide and the price was good if anyone is else is keen. ( I apologise now they are branded weightwatchers!) I was pleasantly surprised with the body fat % but then I have no idea what this was when I started BSD 3 months ago!

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi everyone and happy new year. I’ve just returned from the dark side or that’s what it feels like. Far too many carbs and calories and nowhere near the plan. But today my partner and I chucked out every last piece of temptation and we have all our meals planned for the rest of the week. I weighed in this morning. Total gain of 5lbs since xmas eve and it makes me ashamed to be honest. But I will fix it. Carb flu here I come!! ☹️️

• posted by Daisiesmum
    on

TOPCAC – Well done for returning, not too much damage done. I’m sure most BSDers have had their moments.

I’m so hooked on this way of life that I don’t even consider carby foods, at least not refined carbs and I keep forgetting it’s ok to have complex carbs. I currently have some chickpeas soaking ready to be cooked tomorrow (batch cooked and frozen in single portions).

It took a few days but I’m finally back on track after Christmas. My weight has been different every day so it’s hard to say how much I gained, anywhere from 2lb to 4lb, all from eating way too much of the good stuff (and an alcoholic bevvy or two or three…hic). Today, I did loads of exercise including HIIT, Pilates (full body workout) and during my sitting times I put a timer on to 1hourly intervals and got up, stretched, moved around, jogged on my rebounder etc. Eating wise I’ve been positively saintly, and I also drank at least 2l water. Phew! It’s only the second day I’ve stayed on track since 27th, but something finally clicked in my head this morning!

Did anyone else see C4 Food Unwrapped Diet Special this eve? Mainly about high fat low carb and intermittent fasting! Oh, and the advantages of a good night’s sleep on weight management…. so I am off to bed!

• posted by Troods
    on

Hi everyone,
    Happy New Year.
    Day three for me today, and so far so good. Only found this all last week, and bought book and recipe book so just using those to plan meals etc. Enjoying food very much, and no dire side effects so far. So glad my husband has joined me with this, so much easier at meal times.
    But I do have one question about the fast weight loss that the book suggests might happen…….. does this cause a ‘lose skin problem’? At 58 my skin is not what it used to be, but with 4 stone to lose (well about that – my aim is to get my waist size down to half my height – so 10″ needs to disappear…. yikes). We are doing exercise, but mainly walking until I find a local swimming pool to use.
    Have a job sitting in front of a computer, so may well use one of the other posters idea of setting an alarm to make sure I move around every hour.
    Off to bed now, thanks to anyone who can contribute to ‘baggy skin’ issues.
    Cheers.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Troods, short answer to your question is ‘no’ to excessively baggy skin. I lost over 7 1/2 stone in less than two years, and beyond ‘wings’ and a bit of loose skin around the former gut have no problems in that area. Several others have reported the same.

• posted by Jo Gardner
    on

Hello All, I’m just back from holidays and would love to do this four week challenge too. I am almost finished my first 3 weeks on the program and I’m doing well so far. I’ll be so glad when my book arrives. The recipe book arrived. So that has given me so many wonderful ideas. I’m enjoying working with it. Tomorrow I weigh in for the end of my three weeks. So then I will start this challenge. So good to read all your posts and pick up some very helpful information and ideas.

• posted by tigs
    on

Hi all, fell at the first hurdle which was a shared dinner yesterday with friends and families. Even though I had planned carefully, it all went out the window at the time. To be honest, the whole Christmas season with loads of family staying has been lovely on one hand, but very stressful on the other (chief cook and bottle washer!). So I have lapsed into ‘stressy’ eating now and then. 1st Jan was great, 2nd a flop, today the 3rd, on track and determined. We are not back to normal in this household until the 12th so I have to be strong.

LindaA that was such a win with your visitor – hope he is a convert too!

You are going well Daisiesmum!

topcac, I’m right with you, go well this week!

Everyone else, loving your updates xx

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hi all,

63.5kg this morning after 63.2 yesterday. 63.7kg last Tuesday. I’m circling around at the moment instead of descending but I’m still here.

Well done those who stayed on plan or are back on plan…..good going:)

Tigs, not to sound preachy, but you’re still here……and I think the analogy would be it’s not the number of hurdles you fall at that count, its the number of times you stand up afterwards. That’s what I’m holding onto at this moment…..good luck with the next hurdle xx

• posted by Bissell
    on

Morning everyone. I’m a bit late on parade but I hope you don’t mind me joining in.
    Phew, is that it now? Can life return to normal? Thank goodness for that! Total damage was a 2lbs increase, mainly due to a bit of booze (I’m such a lightweight I get tiddly on a glass of wine now!) and generally too many calories, rather than carbs, which I managed to avoid (almost) all together without feeling deprived. So hurrah for that.
    Am toying with the 1000 miles challenge, I walked 13,000 steps in the glorious Welsh sunshine yesterday, so that’s a bit in the bank, but I will see how that goes. Goals for the next 28 days are
    Get back to best weight loss since starting BSD, a 5lb loss required.
    Keep up the 10k steps
    Drink 2 litres water
    Encourage (unobtrusively) my daughter who is starting the BSD today.
    Thanks for the idea Verona and best wishes to everyone.

• posted by Verano
    on

WEEK 2

Day 1 …. WEEK 2

Hi everyone

Good to see some of us are back on track and those who aren’t are at least still here talking about it. So great! The first week has been a bit like a ‘stroll in the park’ slowly getting back on track so maybe we can start ‘jogging along’ this week.

I have been ‘slowly strolling’ and have lost nearly 2lbs so very pleased with that. This week I will definitely stick more closely to the plan.

I saw the C4 program last night Daisiesmum and I must admit the bit about a good nights sleep was very interesting. I don’t know why but I find that I’m not sleeping that well on this plan. I did find it almost funny when the spokesperson was giving the ‘official party line’. Looked to me like she was having difficulty keeping a straight face when she was spouting the same old nonsense about carbs!!! At least the message about LCHF seems to be getting through even if it is being reported with the same incredulity as ‘the world’s not flat’!!!

Lynn my treadmill is really old now, maybe 15years. It dates back to the days when I was quite fit! Didn’t manage to get on it yesterday but will try again today. Tigs today is another day so just keep going!

Welcome Jo hope you enjoy this way of eating.

Have a good day!

• posted by Daisiesmum
    on

Good morning. Day 8, or week 2 day 1, either way it’s weigh-in day for me. I am 1lb down on last week, which is amazing because I have been eating out-of-control portions most days! (I’m still 3.2lbs up on my Christmas eve weigh-in …yikes!).

My mini- goal is to lose 4.2lbs by my Drs apt which is 2 weeks today! I’m definitely back on track with portion sizes now and my body is thanking me. I’ve also managed to tame the beast of incessant snacking- it’s back under control- this has ALWAYS been my downfall (my ONE weakness 🙂 ).

Again, keeping myself moving, walking, rebounding, pilates. I feel pleasantly achey pretty much everywhere from the increase in exercise.

Welcome Jo Gardener, hope your book arrives soon. You’ll find great support on the forums too.

Verano, re the TV prog, I thought the same thing about the “official lady” giving low-fat, high-carb advice (yawn), but she did seem very out-of-step with the rest of the programme which is a huge leap forward. I love your “you mean the world’s not flat” analogy, so true. Ahhh, but come the low-carb, high fat revolution…

All the best for Day 8 to everyone. We can do this!

• posted by Bissell
    on

Oh, and Troods, re: the baggy skin.
    I’m 60 and lost 40lbs in about 3 months last year. My skin is not so much baggy as …… more wrinkly! I’ve excercised everyday, sit ups and arm weight lifts (not half so impressive at it sounds! Just 2kg and 20 reps on each arm). I wrestle with the lead of my bouncy Saluki Lurcher too, which helps with the arm muscles. But the skin is still a bit wrinkly. But hey! I’d rather have that than firm fat! And with some firm underwear (!) I still look a lot better (clothed) than I did before!

• posted by Verano
    on

HI Bissell you’re already counted ‘in’ but good to see you back anyway.

• posted by Bissell
    on

Oh dear, have I? I shouldn’t be allowed out on my own! 😀

• posted by Verano
    on

LOL!!! Think we all feel a bit like that at the moment!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Weighed in at 9 stone 6.5lbs this morning which is exactly what I was before Christmas. So the 1lb I gained with all the clotted cream, stilton and Tesco finest roasted nuts over Christmas has now gone.

Had some interesting conversations with daughters yesterday. Both daughters and their husbands had asked for details of the BSD med diet. I ran them off some info from the site and they are starting it today. One daughter said that both her and her husband feel so tired all the time lately and they want to get the same energy boost from the diet as I have had.

Isn’t it great that we can be ambassadors for this really healthy way of eating just by doing it ourselves.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Have just entered my weight into my notebook. Was very interested to see that I didn’t record my weight gain on the 27th Dec – it was almost as though if I didn’t write it down it never really happened.

That is exactly what I have always done in the past – avoid the scales – because if I don’t weigh myself the weight gain isn’t really happening. And of course I always saved my bigger clothes so would just get them out again and store the smaller clothes under the bed – ready for the next diet.

This time is different – the daily weigh in is a must so I can take immediate action. Also with all the bigger clothes safely at the charity shop I really would have absolutely nothing to wear. And of course there is this forum which does a super job of keeping me on the straight and narrow. And last but not least – I really really want my diabetes to stay in remission.

Have now written in my weight gain last week as it will be interesting to look back on how I did over this Christmas.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Weigh in for the first ‘active diet’ phase of 2017. Up to 11:10 but that is the same as my weigh in on getting home last Wednesday so goal of maintaining from 27th December met. Goals for this next phase are, progress towards my new target of 10 stone 8 pounds, which is 16 pounds away, no alcohol for 8 weeks, and at least one fast day a week, starting today. I will be both intermittent fasting and reducing calories on fast days to 800, but today I think I need to hammer home the ‘no more chocolates and bad stuff I have indulged in over the holiday period’ so will do a water fast. Fluids only, maximum of around 200 calories. I think my body needs to be shown I am serious. 😊 non scale goals, at least 5000 steps each day (I work at a computer all day so more than this is tricky, at the moment my usual work day is around 3500) and with 10000 steps at least three times each week. I think I only managed one last week.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Troods – after losing 7.5 stone on the BSD last year the only loose skin I have is my upper arms and thighs, both easily covered. I was never going to have a flat stomach after 2 Caesarean sections anyway, so no problem with that. I’d not be wearing sleeveless dresses or ultra short skirts anyway, so it’s not a problem for me.

Verano – your treadmill could have been friends with the stationary bike I had around that time!😀 This is one of those houses with small rooms and very little storage space – no room for exercise equipment! 😱😢

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Jan
    sounds exciting – I take it the barns are the new home, rather than the wheelbarrow!

How is your reboot going?
    Amazingly, I have lost half my “Christmas” weight gain in two days, despite having a cold and being largely inactive, and had some honey because allegedly it will help with cold symptoms.
    Ginger tea in vast quantities is apparently good for both cold and digestion.
    Christmas is in inverted commas because when I went to log my weight, I realised that scarily I hadn’t done it since mid November.

I’ve signed up for that futurelearn Nutrition too Verano

I heard a radio program over the break with Tom Kerridge – he has a low carb recipe book coming out called “The Dopemine Diet” I rushed to look at it, but its not available til next week, although it appears to be similar principles to BSD.
    I was rather underwhelmed by the BSD recipe book; I must go back and look at it again, but when I opened it, I started at the beginning, and found the endless ‘recipes’ for variations of scrambled egg and porridge tedious.

• posted by Bissell
    on

Hello Frog, nice to hear from you again. Your weight stabilisation is very impressive and I hope you are feeling better now.
    I heard the Tom Ketteridge bit on the radio too and my daughter has preordered the book, so I will have a gander when she gets it and post a review. Any interesting BSD recipe books are very welcomed here! I think the BSD recipe book was ok, but not overly inspiring. . Good for a few standby recipes though.
    It’s great to be out in the (freezing) sunshine again today. Have a good one everyone.

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hey all,

I braved the scales yesterday and discovered that I’m only 2lbs shy of the starting weight I was when I very first started the BSD back in late September – argh! That’s what Christmas indulgence does for you…. 😉 Still, am not going to beat myself up about it too much. I knew that I had eaten lots of non-BSD foods so had expected the gain (although perhaps not quite as much, hey ho…). I’ve made new year’s resolutions that I think will tie in well with the BSD lifestyle so fingers crossed they will stick! I did well yesterday with meal prep for the next couple of days so hopefully that will keep me on the straight and narrow. I also saw the Food Unwrapped programme last night – was quite interesting. And good timing too, after receiving a text from a friend who said she doesn’t trust this diet!

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

Good morning everyone:
    Today weigh in I stayed the same as last week. I was down 2 pounds but after eating more than I should yesterday (to many carbs) put the 2 pounds back on. Today is a new week so will do better.

Looks like a lot of you are off to a good start for the New Year.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

I’ve got the Kerridge book on pre-order from Amazon – can’t wait because I have to admit that I love the Hand and Flowers.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Frog good to ‘see’ you again.

Sorry you’ve not been too well but hope you’re on the mend now. Interested in your ginger tea. Is it an infusion or ginger flavoured tea bags? The Nutrition course sounds quite good although after the ‘Diabetes’ course we’ll have to wait and see. Don’t know about you but I found the course rather disappointing. I didn’t really learn that much and I had hoped there may have been even a nod towards LCHF but maybe I missed that.

Had a look at the foreword for the Tom Kerridge book and he seems to have embraced LC so maybe this way of eating is starting to become more ‘mainstream’.

Flash21 I think the reason people don’t trust this ‘diet’ is because it just contradicts all the stuff we’ve been ‘brainwashed’ with in regard to fats. I still marvel at cooking my scrambled eggs with butter, eating cheese without guilt and putting cream in my coffee. I have to admit it took me several months to reach that point. You’ll be fine once you get yourself back on track and start to feel all that energy again.

Krysia isn’t it amazing that your children want a slice of ‘your energy’. Who would ever have thought it at our age!!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Verano
    It is amazing isn’t it – who would have thought it. I am still stunned.

• posted by Flash21
    on

Verano, I think you’re right. The people who seem to mistrust it the most are usually fans of the famous diet clubs and think I’d be better off going to their meetings. It is well-intentioned, I’m sure, but they don’t seem receptive to much outside that way of dieting. I think I need to dazzle them by dumping a lot of weight and keeping it off! Really excited to start feeling energetic again 🙂

• posted by Rosebery
    on

Hello, just a quick check in- on the plus side another 1.2 pounds off today so now 11 stone 2.2 lb and looking forward to starting with a ’10’. On the deficit side I’ve caught my daughters bug and am one big ache from head to foot and weak and coughing. Due to fly to Norway on thursday so hoping for a quick improvement! Keep on keeping on everyone!

• posted by Daisiesmum
    on

Ooo Flash21, you go DAZZLE em! Some devotees of the low fat myth seem to have become fat-o-phobes. My sis is a long-term low-fat dieter and has several health issues which might be helped by LCHF, but she remains convinced that eating fat is unhealthy. Over Christmas I caught her smirking as I put double cream in my coffee!

I think the low carb high fat revolution will slowly march its way into people’s psyches though.

Grocery shopping in Aldi today I came across a veg called “kalettes” or baby kale. They look a bit like fluffy sprouts and are absolutely delicious (I had mine as part of a turkey stir fry). Has anyone else tried them? They were new to me… or have I been living under a rock 😀

• posted by Flash21
    on

I shall! I just caught a glimpse of my side-on profile and it’s not looking pretty…..Kalettes sound great! I will look out for them.

• posted by Bissell
    on

I saw the kalettes (sounds like a sixties female Motown group) in Waitrose today, half price. Also kale was half price (how very Waitrose!) so I bought them both. Will try them stir fried tonight with turkey burgers.
    I’ve done my 10k steps already, can I go back to bed now?!

• posted by Daisiesmum
    on

Oh Bissell, well done on your 10k. I’m moving around a fair bit today, but my rebounder plans were scuppered by a very queasy tummy following brekkie. I do think my bod is still recovering from the onslaught of extra portions to which I subjected it over Christmas and New Year!

I am SO much happier on BSD portions, and I STILL recalculate calories after I’ve eaten because I feel so full I think I must have eaten far too much, but NO, still on track 🙂 Oh how I love this way of life!

Enjoy the Kalettes… doo wop a doo wop 😀

• posted by AnnieW
    on

I bought kalettes from Lidl on Saturday morning after reading about them in a magazine on Friday. I’d never heard of them either. They were very nice steamed and a bit of butter added – the kind with salt flakes in, my favourite. You’re right about the sound of name Bissell 😀! I thought the same! Apparently there are a few new hybrid fruits and vegetables on their way. It will be interesting to try them.

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Happy and healthy New 2017 to everyone.
    Oops. Re-Joining on day one, week two as have spent last week joining Her Maj the Queen with terrible cold and hacking cough which has totally felled me – lemon juice and hot water, paracetamol and soup have been constant companions.
    Hence 4lb loss, but feel a bit of a fraud and can’t claim credit.
    Still a bit wobbly so exercise regime will need to wait a few days.
    Blood sugar has gone a bit bonkers, not sure why – up, down, nothing consistent. Maybe stress of being poorly?

Reading through some inspiring posts here. My favourite quote:

Try and fail, no matter.
    Try again, fail better.

MKx

• posted by OiMadam
    on

Help! Oh my goodness me – having been fully on-board before Christmas (and lost 8.5lbs in our 4 week challenge) I am completely struggling this side of Christmas. So frustrated with myself as I seem to be in self-destruct mode. I start the day with good intentions and then succumb to carbs and sugar – which I hadn’t eaten for weeks!
    I now need to pull myself together – record everything I eat – and drink and move more.
    Well done all of you who are back on track and losing – I salute you all.
    Hope you don’t mind carrying this lame one at the back for a little while. X

• posted by Busybee
    on

Happy New Year fellow BSD ers.
    Today I weigh the same as my birthday last December, which is still one stone off since October. I did lose 5 lbs over Christmas mainly due to a gastric bug but over the past week have put that back on!
    The family have hone home to US ( boo hoo) and now it’s time to get going again. We are off to the sun on 16 th so hope to get rid of the extra pounds by then, and when we return I promise myself I will start again in Ernest.
    X B

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I had some kalettes about a week before Christmas, first time I’d ever come across them but I liked them. Not quite as chewy as most kale.

• posted by tigs
    on

Thanks Marsie and Verano for the encouragement. I had a better day yesterday and scales look promising. Stronger.

OiMadam, you have it! Definitely got the plan to tackle this and to get back to where you were. Step by step, meal by meal, don’t give in to the carb monsters.

• posted by Daisiesmum
    on

OiMadam, you’ve come to the right place! Some folks sailed through Christmas and New Year unscathed, some only slightly dented. Others (like me) have been slower to get back into the groove. For me it was yesterday that my mind caught up with my intentions and I’m already loving being back on track!

Would you like to join The Kalettes ? dooo waaah, I think we could do with another virtual choir 🙂 😀

• posted by Jo Gardner
    on

Good morning everyone. I am thoroughly enjoying reading everyone’s inspiring and supportive comments. Today was my weigh in day after three weeks on this diet. My loss this week was 1.1Kg ( 2lb 4 ounces ). My total loss over the three weeks was 5.3Kg ( 10lb 10 ounces ). And my fasting blood sugar was 5. I am really pleased with this progress and now I start the 4 WEEK FIX. I am feeling really well and it is wonderful not having the blurred vision I was suffering with the high blood sugars. I feel much younger than my 68 years now. Keep up the good work all. I look foward to reading all about your progress too.

• posted by BfitB470
    on

Just a quick check-in with a 1.5 pound loss. Still trying to turn my stumbling blocks into stepping stones !!! My aim for this coming week is to add more veggie intake. Never have been a fan of vegetables unless they were in a salad, but I am quite enjoying cauliflower rice and zoodles (along with longtime favorite spaghetti squash). Cookbook for US available now, and mine should be coming this week. Would also like to get in more exercise. Walking is my favorite, but since it has been hovering around freezing for the past two weeks, I’ll just be walking more around inside (with or without a duster or vacuum !!!)
    Good luck and good wishes to everyone for the upcoming week.

• posted by Cara54
    on

Hi. No idea what’s going on. I’m away from home and have no scales. I’ve been eating reasonably well apart from the pavlova which I had on New Year’s eve and the following day, plus the alcohol and some chocolate. I’ve done 2 x approximately 16 hour fasts since then but have been eating bread and potatoes.

I miss my routine and my scales!!!! Going home on Saturday so I will find out then although my official weigh in day is Monday.

Thanks for listening!xx

• posted by raintoday
    on

Quick check-in – weight 163.2 – couple lbs off since last week – so, OK onward and downward – have eaten less protein over past week – has been rainy and chilly around here so have come up with a mushroom soup that is Lots of veg and thickened with some tofu – the firm stuff leaves the soup a little grainy but the soft purees up nicely. With the decrease in protein I have noticed the blood sugars are down a bit which is a goal. Using the suggestions I’ve read here about getting up each hour and walking .
    Also going to go for larger meal midday and soup/salad at dinner and see if that impacts the blood sugars in the AM – anyone have any experience with doing that ?
    Have resolved (it is that time of year !) to let go of the frustration I have been feeling since diabetes diagnosed 6 months ago – I have since dropped 40+ lbs, have changed my eating patterns, drew down the A1c to 5.9% – changed docs (though not sure about new one – he thinks I am relying too much on lab results – and is reluctant to monitor more than at 6 month intervals – I would like quarterly for a year). I have no idea what is the “norm” or what to expect / ask for. Anyone willing to describe what they have been told ? or your experience ?
    I figure I am ‘changing the things I can change’ and see what happens over time w/ whether my pancreas kicks back in . Frustration = stress – = increased cortisol …… bad …. not sure how Zen-like I can become …..
    I do like this WOE – has changed my relationship w/ food.
    Thanks to everyone on this thread – you guys are inspiring !! This is do-able – no doubt !!

• posted by LinD49
    on

Daisiesmum, I was always a breakfaster but on the bsd and reading about fasting I gave it a try. Of course I do have to listen to my body, occasionallyI will have breakfast should it be safer bs wise. Usually I hold out for brunch or lunch having consumed herbal tea but not coffee on an empty stomach! I just wanted to give my innards a chance to recuperate and heal after years of sugar/carb abuse! I read recently that this whole recommended food/calorie intake needs to be reviewed/reassessed as it was originally set out in ww1 when work was more manual and people more active.
    Hope everyone coping and back on track.

• posted by tigs
    on

Love your wisdom BfitB470 – turning stumbling blocks into stepping stones. Indeed we all need to do so.

Had a successful day today – trying to get back to the routine even though we still have guests staying. I was upfront at dinner and said had to weigh my food…and that we were eating ‘early’ cos I was not eating between meals and I was hungry at 6pm. It was just to my son and his girlfriend but at least now I don’t have to try hide my measuring etc. They were totally fine with it. The Routine is so key to me. Cara54, bring on the weekend when you are back to yours too.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone , Its 40 degrees in Perth today, so I’m locked in till after 4pm when it’s supposed to cool down. The last few days have been a bit challenging with the heat. I managed to get to the beach for a quick dip before 8am, after that Its too hot.So i haven’t done my steps. Yesterday my weight was up .3kg for the second day plus BGL was 6.9.So I really needed to stop snacking even on BSD foods.It worked. today my weight is the same 84.7kg and fasting BGL is 5.9. I’ve decided to check my bloods a lot for a few days with the plan is no food if BGL is above 6.
    I’m focused on keeping busy and lots of water.It seems to be not fair that I can’t go out because of the heat and all of you in UK are house bound by the cold.I hope all of you suffering with colds and flu will feel better soon, cheers

• posted by Bissell
    on

Morning Butterlover and other Aussie friends! At least when it’s cold here in Wales, and trust me it IS cold this morning, minus 4 at the moment, we can put on extra clothes and get outside for our exercise. It’s not often that I envy everyone else with their central heating, but today I do! But there’s not a lot you can do in that heat! You have my sympathies!

A swim before breakfast sounds nice though! Enjoy the day everyone.
    The kalettes were nice enough stir fried with some garlic and anchovies, btw. The turkey burgers? Meh, not so good.

Please log in or register to post a reply.