4 WEEK FIX … 27th December … Welcoming 2017 with BSD gusto!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Thanks!

All this talk of food is making me enthusiastic about BSD again and just can’t resist a new thread
    ‘Fab Food for February’

Please post recipes etc over there! Particularly interested to know how smoked mackerel works in an ‘omelette ‘ !

• posted by Eileen27
    on

Great! Thanks Verano. Count me in for this. I need all the best ideas to keep me on track. Will get over to Fab Food for Feb straight away. x

• posted by Davidh
    on

This is a really simple and helpful explanation sunshine girl. One further question though: Due to the liver increasing gylcogen output does this mean the body will therefore burn calories from fat? Which is a good thing? I’m wondereing if this is the reason some people, and I’m not one of them, consider missing breakfast a good idea for weight loss. That the liver continues in fasting mode, again, motivating fat burning? I would think missing any meals for diabetics is not a very good Ida. I’m on the bsd for weight loss though hence me making the fasting point. Thanks.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Davidh, I have lost track of my original answer but assume it was about the Dawn Phenomenon. I have just finished writing a response but it became so long and complicated I will simplify by saying that if you have breakfast, the glycogen the liver has pumped out will be stored as fat. If you don’t have breakfast, the glycogen will get used instead of food and not be stored. So, that could help with weight loss. It is a myth that we have to eat breakfast, the body does not know what time of day it is, it just needs to be nourished on a regular basis.

As a diabetic, I prefer not to miss meals as my BG can plummet but the long I am on this plan, my body does not seem to need ‘extra’ food to top up my BG so I now just have 3 meals and an evening snack.

Please log in or register to post a reply.