4 days in / running

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by saloh
    on

hi there, so Im in, 4 days in but am definitely feeling the lack of carbs, sugar, a general low energy, i guess its withdrawal but determined to push through. One thing I can’t work out, is whether it is sensible to be running during this period, I am due to run a 10K 10.7.16, and should be training now. I have a lot of weight to lose I’m 120 kilos and need to get under way under 100. I ran a half marathon recently but managed to keep weight on. Now wanting to lose it to get fitter and healthier. I can’t work out if Should add carbs or calories to fuel run or try and get through it without? Any advice greatly received.

thanks.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Saloh, keep going, I do agree the withdrawal symptoms are horrible. If you can do running then do by all means, make sure you’re drinking gallons of water and have enough protein and fat. I wouldn’t have thought you’d need to add calories, but if you do make sure it’s the right food. It’s adjusting to the lack of carbs and using the right energy source that gives the low energy to start with. Personally I just couldn’t run at the moment, still low energy from trying to beat candida but trying to up my steps is my idea at the moment.

• posted by Raminski
    on

Good morning. This is my fourth day too and yesterday I felt really really horrible. My belly was like a balloon and I didn’t want to eat and felt nauseous, but also felt hungry. I also only slept about 4 hours between 21.00 and 08.30. Sounds like this is not uncommon?
    Saloh, if you can do it so can I. I need to be down to 82kg by September of possible. You run half marathons; I can just about walk due to a hip problem at the moment but I can cycle a bit (not serious Lycra I can assure you)
    All the best and today I feel OK so you will too. Drink loads and loads; I even like hot water an lemon now!
    Good luck
    Rams

• posted by saloh
    on

Rams from what I’ve read if you can’t sleep, eat later if you can? Good luck to you too..

• posted by spcox
    on

Hi Saloh, I’ve got the similar goals, but very different exercise regimes. I’m just starting up with walking/jogging 6kms per day. I haven’t found any issues so far and managed to have enough energy with 800 calories to keep me going. Running 10kms is a bit different, so not certain they can be compared. I’m down 8kgs so far and about to break 100kgs. All the best.

• posted by Wahlass
    on

im on day 4 as well. Today im tired and wuzzy. I went swimming today and wasn’t as strong as I normally am. Im hoping it passes ive had a bit of fruit and yoghurt and just eaten smoked salmon and baby leaves.
    We will encourage each other. I have 2 stone to lose

• posted by Raminski
    on

Well swum Wahlass. Yes, if I remember to get on this Forum that would be a good motivator for us.
    I’m going to give it a go but may have to revert to 5/2 as my Doc says I should really be on about 1800 cals with exercise!
    We shall see how I feel at the weekend.
    Good luck and don’t forget to have a rest and meditate (if you can).
    Phil

• posted by Ziggy
    on

I’m on day 7 and ran 3 5Ks last week. The third was was a bit of a disaster though, more walking than running. The other two were fine. Am running again tomorrow – on treadmill at gym so will see if it goes any better than Saturday’s Parkrun which was more like a Parkwalk lol

• posted by Ziggy
    on

Was on treadmill today, did 5K – not particularly fast but without stopping and after the run felt very good (which is unusual for me)
    Have to start other core exercises and mindfulness exercises today too – another Monday of fresh starts 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.