2nd time's the charm

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi. Not heard from anyone recently hope we are all still on track?
    Well done Madmare for your brilliant wt. loss. Your right Melb100 I used to take Rhinadvil for my sinuses as I was always having headaches triggered by my sinuses but not had anything since the initial start of this diet. Made some low carb crackers and bread yesterday, the crackers looked amazing but they didn’t taste very special! The bread however looked grim but was great!! I wish the recipes on this site were under topics cos otherwise you end up trawling through the lot each time?? just a thought.

• posted by melb100
    on

Hi Ginnie, Very interesting to hear about your sinuses – I thought I was going mad when i first began to connect blocked nose and headaches with eating carbs!!

Yes I am still here, not managing the full whack every day (ambushed by an indian restaurant last night) but have kept my carbs under 100 and cals under 1500 even on “off” days which is still pretty good for me – I worked out that pre-dabbling in bsd a typical day’s carb intake would be >400g!!!!!

However reconnecting with the forums has been really helpful in lowering sugar cravings, weirdly post-doughnut gate I have just not fancied chocolate at all. I went to M&S last night, ravenous, to buy something to eat and managed to get out with an egg and spinach pot (£3!!!) without even looking at the Colin Caterpillar sweets. There is even a tube of mini eggs that I bought at the weekend (along with the doughnuts – just not enough sugar in them, ha!) and which has been sitting unopened on our kitchen worktop for 4 days. And that even includes today when I’m working at home. An Easter miracle!

Going to Mull for a few days tomorrow and then Copenhagen later next week so we shall see how things go. If I can keep the focus on avoiding wholly unnecessary carbs & sugar then I won’t beat myself up too much for a bit of risotto. Is it even possible to do low carb in Denmark, land of the pastry and open sandwich?? We shall see!

Hope everyone is doing well! Have a lovely long weekend one and all!

• posted by bmmorag
    on

Hi all

Not had a plain sailing week – monday involved pizza and tonight involved a muffin (feeling sick now). Waiting on an offer letter for a new job is interfering with my self control – been waiting three weeks now 🙁

Back to it tomorrow – fish on good friday is a good one for BSDers.

Morag

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Hey everyone! I’m still in it! I just didn’t want to bore everyone with my daily updates.

Day 18 weight: 228

I got sick last week after catching my toddlers cold. I think the sugar in the cough medicine threw my system off and I actually gained a couple pounds I think My weight went back up to 230 and the medicine was the only difference to my diet. I do; however, feel better now and people have begun asking me if I’ve lost weight. That always feels good. I am losing my carb cravings– even though the children’s Easter baskets are in my closet and I have a 15 inch coconut/ buttercream cake in the kitchen– oh I didn’t mention that my hubby bought some really tempting ice cream. I just don’t want it. I’m so focused on my goal right now. To know that I’m only 29 lbs away from onederland has really put cheat meals into perspective for me. Easter is a big deal in my house and we have lots of company coming, but I’m going to stick to meat and veggies and treat it like any other day. I’ve got to get used to that because I’m going to be doing a lot of travel this summer and I can’t break protocol every time I’m in a new situation.

Another reason I think my weight loss stalled is because I’ve not been sleeping well with my kids sick and cranky and all. Most of the weight loss and repair happens when you’re asleep. To try to fix that I’ve been doing about 20 min of moderate exercise daily. 3 days into it and last night I slept like a baby for the first time in a week and a half. That was incredible and fingers crossed that it continues to be incredible.

Many of you know I have a goal of being beach ready by October. That only requires that I lose around 10 lbs a month. Totally doable. I have already reached that goal so the rest of the month’s weight loss is a bonus.

Not quitting now!

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi Athorn223, bmmorg, melb100 etc.
    Firstly thank you LindsA for your link, I’ll check it out. Glad your feeling better Athorn223 , I remember those days well when the kids had the bugs and you nursed them and got it last and struggled on regardless!! Hope you get your job Morag! It’s dreadful that they keep you hanging on for so long. No wonder you fell off the wagon.
    We have sold our French farmhouse so busy packing and house hunting in the UK which is turning out to be a nightmare! Can’t rent cos no one wants pets so hoping I can buy an empty property and rent prior t buying?? Diet going okay, although I am still bored with breakfast. Can’t cope with eggs and stuff first thing! I will preserver though. Miss my porridge! Too many carbs yesterday 70g and I try to keep it about 40g which can be tricky. I find the calorie and carbs thing quite tricky and have to plan and shop in advance. Hopefully it will all become plain sailing eventually. good luck to you all anyway and keep writing. Ginnie

• posted by Angelsand
    on

A quick update from me too, I have finally got over weeks of being ill (like already mentioned on here passed on from my two girls at nursery I think!) …

Well on Sunday I was 11st 10.5lbs. Today I am 11st exactly and can’t believe it!! I have made a real effort with water and not had as much cheese as I used to on the plan, had smoked salmon and eggs most days for lunch and a filling tea of fish or chicken and pesto/mozzerella.

I do have porridge every morning though! 25g, 175ml of milk with some almonds and berries in. Finally feeling positive! !!

Thanks so much for all your support and positive comments last week, i was in a bad place!! Have a great easter everyone xx

• posted by Theodora
    on

So pleased to hear you sounding so much more positive, Angelsand, and huge congratulations on last week’s weight loss. Very well done indeed, keep up the good work.

• posted by werdna
    on

Hello everyone, I’m late to the party but hope I can join in? I have just read through all of your posts and it has really helped with my motivation.

I am a self-confessed sugar and carb addict (Male, 32). For most of my life, I have been relatively slim. However, a stressful few years (illness, work changes, new baby) has seen my weight increase by about 30lbs. I’ve never had the willpower for traditional “lose 1-2lb a week” diets; I needed something more drastic, and the 800-fast seemed worth a go.

I am actually now on Day 5 and weighing daily in the morning (UK time):

Start weight: 177.6 lbs
    Current weight: 171.4 lbs
    Goal weight: ~150 lbs
    Loss so far: 6.2 lbs

The first few days were a real struggle, feeling tired and hungry all the time. I’ve also always been a very fussy eater – never a big fan of vegetables! – so that has made it harder for me, too. Five days in and I have started to enjoy the taste of them… somewhat!

I still get really hungry about an hour before a meal and I can’t say I’m *enjoying* the diet so far, but definitely feel full on much, much less. I even had the energy for a slow 20-minute jog yesterday evening.

Sometimes with such a long way to go, I get the urge to give it up and scoff on some junk. Hopefully, being accountable on this thread will help.

All the best.

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Welcome Werdna. Glad you decided to Join us. Yes I think joining a forum helps to keep going. I miss bread and puddings but I am determined to keep going! Variety is the spice of life so try low carb bread. You can buy that in the supermarket in the U.K. You have much more choice than I do here in France and there are some great recipes on line. Sounds like your on the right track and remember we are all in the same boat.
    Good luck to you. Ginnie

• posted by Trish45D
    on

Hi all, great to hear of the progress those who have started back again are making. It’s very encouraging. 🙂 Also, thanks to all those who directed encouraging comments to me after my post. I am in a good state of mind and ready to start on Monday! I am going to have a clear out on Sunday of any food that might tempt me and already my planned Easter Feast/food funeral :p hasn’t been that bad, I think I am subconsciously thinking of the weight I could gain this weekend alone that I will only have to then turn around and lose next week… Is it worth it! No! lol

I have also had a big clear out of my wardrobe and a de-clutter. Making it easy to find my exercise gear and also I have thrown out any summer clothes that were larger and I am taking up 3 pairs of work trousers – size 8 (Australian) that I got just after my last BSD but didn’t need to wear as that was Christmas so I was off work then… Anyway, currently I can barely fit into my size 10s – I want to keep trying the 8s on as that is a good non-scale way to see how my progress is going. I have a blood sugar monitor, I am not diabetic but it was on sale last year when I was doing the BSD so I splurged and got one. I didn’t have it when I started last time so had no idea what my starting blood sugar was and so it will be personally interesting to check that out especially after such a carb filled few months. When I finished the BSD my morning fasting BS was 4.2 (Australian measurements).

I will post again on Monday morning, we have a public holiday in Australia for the Monday so it will be interesting to see how I go being at home on the first day.

Good luck to you all!

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

Hi All…………weighed in and have lost 8.2lbs this week!!! Completely thrilled and delighted!! This is my 2nd week officially but lost nothing in my first week – at all! This is my second time around and I feel totally stupid, foolish and so angry with myself for having lost 3st 9 lbs in 5 months last year, went on holiday and put on 7lbs, then came back and instead of going straight back on it, I kept saying I will but next week etc. And here I am needing to lose almost the same amount again.

I’ve tried to start again, and failed and was so upset when I did it faithfully (or so I thought) the week before last and lost nothing at all.

After help and support from this group I tried again this last week and have weighed in this morning to fantastic results – the things I did differently this last week:
    1. Drank 2 litres of water every day which for me is a massive challenge as I don’t drink water – I was drinking masses of cordial with no added sugar – haven’t had any this last week
    2. REDUCED my exercise as the week before I was walking a minimum of 4 miles a day which I have now halved
    3. Eaten my main meal of the day by 6.30pm and have nothing after that except some water before bedtime.

Have eaten fantastic food during the week following Michael’s diet in the cookbook and in truth have not feel deprived.

Fortunately for me and husband (he’s lost 4 lbs) we’re on our own for the first time at Easter, had no Easter eggs and just treated it as a normal weekend and stuck to the plan

Still a long way to go obviously but the motivation is there and the realisation that I can do this again even though it is Second Time Around…………..fingers crossed!

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi Tallyho. Just starting my 3rd week. Only lost 1 lb this week so a bit disappointed but that’s better than nothing!! You on the other hand are blazing along! Well done. Like you I am starting again and my old weights are still on My Fitness Plan which is a stark reminder of how I slipped big time. However last time I gave up at this point but not this time! I never made it to my goal weight so I am determined to make it this time around. here’s to a better week. Cheers everyone. x

• posted by Trish45D
    on

Well, I’ve started! Monday was day one.

Today the start of day 3 I am down 2 kg. I know it is fluid but given my weight had ballooned up to 68.30 kg it was, nice isn’t really the word, but it was encouraging to see it come down this morning to 66.30 kg. Yep, I had a lot of buns and chocolate over Easter.

I am drinking water and tea with a splash of milk through out the day. I had roast veggies last night and for now, because I feel like I still need some carbs of substance, I am eating oats with water (not milk) and to stave off constipation – yep last time that was a huge problem for me – I have added psyllium powder to my oats.

I have no cravings and am yet (early days) to even feel hunger. I am sleeping well. All in all a really good start.

🙂

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi every one

It’s all gone very quiet on this thread, can’t talk though I haven’t contributed for over a couple of weeks. Isn’t it lovely now Easter is over, the currant bun (sun) is out, and salads look very appealing. But disaster this eve made a fab Thai green chicken curry, all counted and would have been lush, except the wok fell of the hob, and uncooked unmentionable went everywhere, I looked like I had vomit thrown at me, yuk.
    So had to diversify and had mushrooms, baked beans with feta cheese, lush, but not so lush as my dinner may have been 😂😱😂
    Weight loss is slow but moving, its Defoe harder second time. So good reason to keep it Of when it’s gone. So in it again for the long haul.
    Anyone on here using a jawbone up to count their steps, I’m looking for someone to duel with, to get me moving. Hope you all have a good evening.
    😊🙋😊

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi tallyho

Just read your last post, my first week this time around was the same as yourself, I measure myself in kilos, I like the small incremental measurements it gives, and I lost .2 of a kilo, any way this is my second week and am loosing now, slow but steady. So us second timers, need to be patient I think, we know it works wonderfully. I’m so glad we have this forum to inspire and encourage us.
    Hoping I have a good week like yours, I’m desperate to get this weight of as after last summer I got rid of all my large summer clothes, so now nothing fits. So onwards and downwards.
    🙋😊🙋

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

Hi greenjanet,

I know what you mean………..I checked on my summer clothes and then searched for them and remembered I had got rid of all my big stuff last year vowing I’d never need them again and like you I can’t find into anything which I have left that I can fit into.

It’s now a race against time – can I lose inches quicker than the summer weather returns – I’m away to Corsica at the end of May so will need to buy something to wear before then – fingers crossed!

I am feeling more in control this week though – as you say onwards and upwards

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh Tallyho

We are a right pair, of panicking dieters aren’t we, never mind time will shift it, well with the plan as well of course. I keep saying to myself, this time tomorrow I will weigh a little less than I do today, and keep swerving away from the car by things, must admit I am feeling hungry a lot of the time at the moment.
    🙋😊🙋

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi Tallyho and Green Janet
    3 days into my 4th week and felt hungry today! Still positive although a long way to go! I think you right about taking one day at a time! I get tired though, more so than normal so must be the low carb diet! Glad your all doing so well.

• posted by Meeshe42
    on

I followed the plan before christmas and frlt brilliant and lost weight…..since xmas struggled to stay off sugar. Tomorrow is a new day and determined to get going again…..and now back on here for moral support.

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hiya Meeshe42, Greenjaney, tallyho and one and all!
    Weight loss has slowed now which is a shame!! Still drinking the water though but drinking 3 litres is a struggle! spend a lot of time browsing recipes!! Anonymous I’m not strong otherwise I wouldn’t be back here! However I am fed up with being fat and avoiding long mirrors and being photographed! Time to take stock and get a grip! Werdna and Inka13, how are you doing? write and let us know?
    Madmare, portion control is my problem too. however I am sure my stomach has shrunk as I can’t eat as much as I used to. Hallo to everyone else in case I have forgotten anyone! Good luck guys and thanks for the support.x

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Morning all

From a very cold Norfolk. Ooh my weight loss is so slow, it’s stayed the same today, despite eating correctly, a bit early for a plateau, but it is what it is, I’m going to be posting on here more often as it helps me to stay focused, and I love the support we all give each other.
    How’s the house hunting going Ginnie.
    Hope it’s a good day for everyone.
    🙋😊🙋

• posted by Inka13
    on

Hi Ginnie and all you lovelies on this thread!
    Yes, going well, am on 525th restart, came a cropper after joining this thread but came back with a vengeance on Monday and feel like I’ve slipped properly back into things ( previous restarts so halfhearted, seems to be such a mental thing that you just know when it feels right again, if that makes sense!!? Head definitely back in the right place now though).
    A few wine blips but my food has been super bsd friendly and I have lost those pesky carb cravings so should start seeing the weight slowly drop.
    I swear the only thing that keeps me on the straight and narrow are these forums! I read them several times a day and it never fails to encourage me. I will also post on the latest 4-week challenge to see how a smaller time frame works on motivation! xxx

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi Greenjanet. Lovely sunny days here in France but bloody cold at night, we had a frost last night! House hunting is pitiful and I am so sick of trawling through the pages!! Somehow even when you put in your criteria you get loads of irrelevant stuff. Ugh
    I will need to go to the UK to look as well but as we won’t get our funds until late June / early July I will wait until mid May. Glad you still plodding on. Me too more determined this time and not so half hearted. x

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Ginnie.

Plodding that’s the word, until I feel a bit lighter, I feel like a very heavy plodder, never mind each day a bit less. Imagine you will be much lighter when you move eventually, something will appear, its early days for things coming on the market, I always think everything stalls until Easter is well out the way.
    Just eating my fage and berries, its the thing for me that makes this eating plan worth while, that and the feel good factor.
    Hope you have a happy day 🙋😊🙋

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Inka

Ooh a BSDer just like me, I’ve started oodles of times as well, but our heads are Defoe in the right place now, I wholly agree about these forums, I’m going to post more regularly, I need it, it keeps me focused.
    Hope you have a good day.
    🙋😊🙋

• posted by Inka13
    on

Hi Greenjanet!
    Yes, and thank god we do restart! Feeling good on day 4 down another 1 kilo which is still water weight, I’m thinking but hugely motivating! Expecting it to slow next week but will just push harder.
    Have a lovely day and may the scales be in your favour!!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Inka13

Yes I’m feeling well as well, it’s amazing how fast the good clean food begins to sort our bodies, it did amazing things for me before as I was being investigated for having SLE and it reversed, permanently all the symptoms. 😂It’s amazing I let myself slip back but hey, it won’t happen again. I also weigh in kilos, I love the little increments, most days there’s always a little change, today I lost .6 kilo, but it’s definitely slower than first time. But this is my day 5 as I messed around for two weeks, getting demotivated by the slow loss. But it is what it is, I have to eat in this way, carbs make me feel so ill now, and having experienced being of them, I can really feel how sick they make me feel.
    Mind you I’m not fanatically logging everything in fitness pal, so that’s why I think, I’m propbably having a few hundred cals more a day. Perhaps that’s my aim today, to get pedantic about my calls and carbs. Having a haircut today, that may give me a little loss hehe. Let’s keep this going. I want to loose 40 kilos, how about you.
    🙋😊🙋

• posted by Mama Houghton
    on

New starter today. Weight 184lbs.

With a pre-diabetic blood sugar reading and raised cholesterol (7) I’ve committed to 8 weeks of shakes + a low carb evening meal. I’m thinking of linking it to a just giving page for Macmillan and get friends and family to support me – doing good for charity and myself.

Will track each day on my own sheet and update weekly here.

I have 2 litres of fizzy water to sip at through day and aim to get to 10,000 steps per day.

We can do this.

xxx

• posted by Trish45D
    on

End of my first week back. 🙂

Today I am down 3.1 kg or 6.8lbs. I know, and have said previously that most of this is fluid but it means I am very close to getting below 65 kg again and I haven’t seen that for about 6 weeks. My goal is also to really just get back to 60 kg or lower so my clothes fit and I, of course, feel better and I am not craving foods I know are not good for my body.

That is one thing I found last time around, cravings almost totally disappeared. I haven’t had any this week so hoping that remains the case 2nd time around! 🙂

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi all

Well disastrous few days so my week one weigh in was only .7 kilo, loss, I don’t seem to have any sticking power, like I had first time around. Anyway motivated now, it can only get better. I will build on the carb swerves. 💃💃💃
    Doing lots of steps though 6-7000 a day, so getting there.
    I’m going to weigh every day and aim for a tiny daily loss.🙋😊🙋

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Mama Houghton
    How’s it going, is this the first time you have done this plan.
    🙋😊🙋

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

Hi greenjanet……………….I can beat your weigh in of .7 by having stayed precisely, exactly the same for a week, lost a bit and put on a bit so today I weighed exactly the same! I did have sticking power and stuck every day to drinking the water, walking the walks, eating the right stuff and nada ! Annoyed or what!!!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh Tallyho
    That’s frustrating, but don’t get down get busy, it will soon be weekly weigh day again, and you will be recording a loss, I’m sure. These plateaus I think are natures way to say don’t get complacent
    Onwards and down wards💃🙋💃

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi everyone. Just finished my 4th week! It’s been tricky but I am getting used to it now. Weight loss has slowed but still going down thank heavens. Only another 28lbs to go!!
    Trish45D that amazing weight loss. Well done.
    Hi Mama Houghton, I don’t count my steps, its bad enough sorting out what to eat plus drinking loads!! I walk around with a bottle of water with me, even gardening otherwise I forget.
    Hi Greenjanet, you must be busy all the time with you building project! Maybe your building muscle which would account for the plateau.
    Hi Tallyho, I wonder why you stayed the same? I suspect you’ll lose loads next week it sometimes happens that way. I remember last time although I was much more laissez-faire about the whole thing hence gave up too quickly.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Ginnie
    Well done you are getting there, yep working hard, but my plateau is because I’m eating too much good and bad stuff. Woo its soooo much harder for me to get a grip this time, I think it’s because I’m very happy here on our building site.
    Big excitement yesterday, we now have a flushing toilet , building control have passed our drainage and sewerage treatment tanks, so celebrating by flushing hehe😃🎉😃 life’s luxuries we take for granted.
    Anyway I’m aiming for a 800/50 day with 10,000 steps, so the dogs getting walked big time.🐶🐶🐶

Just realised I’m sitting here writing this gritting my teeth I think I’m determined today 😀😀😀 Hehehe

Hope you all have a good day 💃💃💃

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Good evening fellow bsd’s

I had tried this BSD last year and was doing good until my health deteriorated and was diagnosed with GCA and polymyalgia which meant I needed prednisalone plus insulin – both well known to put weight on 🙄

After finding out my hbA1c has doubled in 12 months and they want to have me on more Meds , I think this is what spurred me to get back on here and retry. I am really needing this to work for me.

Jumping back in is hard because I struggle with doing something I have done before ….mental isn’t it😜 I will weigh and log my particulars tomorrow but for now saying Hi xx

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Well done 1960smp, I know how you feel. It took me ages to get back here and then to get on the scales!! I am sure it will work for you and you’ll soon get committed after you’ve made the commitment to start.Onwards and upwards!! Ginnie xx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi 1960

Its so good you are getting back on plan, it can only help, I’m sure, keep motivated, and keep us posted . We will all motivate each other.
    🙋😊🙋

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Morning peeps!

Well, I am so chuffed to be able to say am getting my head around this and eager to begin which is a huge plus.

Stats for today :

94.8kg / 229 pounds / 14st 12lbs ( whoa I have put on 33 pounds since this time last year – terrible! )

Am starting my day off with stewed rhubarb and Greek yoghurt / few slivers of almonds…here we go

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hi 1960SMP

Sounds like your mind is in the right place.

Not sure if it’s a good thing but 94.8kg/14st 12lb is actually 208lbs, not 229lb. I only know that because 229 is my goal weight.
    From a positive perspective you’ve lost 21lb already!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Haha thanks Jules!! Heads in an even better place now 🤣

So I am 208 pounds whoop whoop

That looks so much better written down

Gosh doing myself an injury back there!!

• posted by Madmare
    on

Feeling a bit depressed
    Weighed myself this morning and have only lost two pounds
    Thats over two weeks since I last weighed in

Its almost certainly due to being essentially house bound looking after my mother after being discharged from hospital
    I did not drink anywhere near enough water and did not exercise enough
    Lessons learnt!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Don’t beat yourself Madmare there’s a whole bunch reasons you didn’t lose more – but the important thing is you haven’t hid in the sand. You know what you can do and so, apply it and watch the weight fall off. I also think stress is a number 1 reason we all don’t do as well as we want to do and thats the reality isn’t it

I am halfway thru day 1 and food is forever looming in my thoughts grrrr

For lunch I had the cream of cauliflower soup from the recipe section on here delicious!

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

Me too Madmare………I did such great numbers last year, every week I’d lose at least 2lbs, usually 3 or 4 and that was when I was well into it. Can’t see what I’m doing differently, it’s now creeping off .2lb at a time – that is after having had a fantastic first week BUT I am not going to let those scales beat me – I am persevering.

Have to say I did the paprika chicken kebabs from the cookbook last week for dinner not for lunch as it says in the menu planner and I’m doing them again tonight – they are just gorgeous and they’re huge on the plate so it looks like you’re eating loads – will swap the courgettes for peppers though as husband doesn’t like them. And I did the red cabbage coleslaw and there was so much it lasted me for 3 meals and again delicious so in truth I don’t feel deprived, nor do I feel really hungry but I want the weight to melt off like it did before!!!!!!!!

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi Tallyho . What cookbook are you using? Sound good perhaps I should get it. 2lbs is good, I only lost 1lb last week but I am sick and tired of. Ring fat!
    Hi Madmare, I think you will start to lose more later on, or so my friend told me who has done this way of eating for quite awhile! Cheers all

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

Hi Ginnie……….nah nah nah – you misread what I wrote………..I lost .2 of a lb please note the . if it’d been 2 lbs I wouldn’t be a moaning and a groaning – th’e cookbook is Michael’s ‘8 week blood sugar diet recipe book’……..had the kebabs and coleslaw again tonight – the coleslaw is soo lovely, crunchy and tastes deliciously bad for you it’s so nice! and the quantity I make goes on forever and lasts quite well too!

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Tallyhoo. Oh sorry your right I misread that! I had a bad week button my second week but then 2 days later I lost some more, it happens that way sometimes. I will get the recipe book on my kindle app. I noticed the Diet Doctor website is also very good. I have just made a quantity of low carb oatmeal, although there’s not oats in it!!! I’ll try it out tomorrow with almond milk!. I’m gradually building up new recipes that I like. Some are awful! cheers

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Joining 1960SMP as this is also my first day back on the serious 800 regime, having successfully lost a fair bit of weight (and regained some, but by no means all!) several times since BSD launched. I now have a goal for end September and am hoping this forum will help keep me honest. Well done to all who are persevering, I have had a good day of sensible choices and am feeling positive so far, as is to be expected on day 1!
    I agree that stress is the no. 1 reason why many fail – in my case it has been a stressful life event each time which has caused me to pile the weight back on. However, I am now choosing to see myself as a person with a button not a dial where the tempting food is concerned, and I am going to try to avoid it completely rather than try and have some in moderation – I don’t do moderation at all well!
    Power to all the BSDers here, one day at a time,

• posted by 1960smp
    on

DAY 2

Weight: 94.8kg remained same as yesterday – decided to get stricter and follow the menu plan ideas at back of book

Menu from BSD Book ( original not recipe one )

B/Fast: Poached egg with advacado

Lunch: Sardine dip

Evening dinner: Griddled chicken on white bean mash

2 x litres Pelligrino water – thanks to someone on here last time recommended it.

Here’s to successful day for us all….

Please log in or register to post a reply.