2nd time's the charm

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi hinicetomeetyou,
    I suspect that the reason you are struggling with 800 calories is that you are only on day 2 and
    1. You’re probably experiencing some carb flu symptoms and
    2. You’re not fat adapted yet, so you’re not using your fat yet for energy and the the messages your body is sending you is “feed me, you’re starving me!”

THIS IS NORMAL!

Try and stick to the 800 calories a day if you can at least for the first few weeks otherwise you won’t reap the benefits.

We’re not all stronger than you,, it was just as hard for us. We just fought the urges, drank more water, had a bit of salt, maybe a small bit of cheese or a hot cup of tea or coffee or sparkling water.

Don’t give up yet!
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Congrats Mixnmatch on reaching your goal. Truly inspiring!
    Great analogy Ryan38. I’ve got to find my volume knob and back away from the switch.
    Hinicetomeetyou- You’re off to a good start
    Ginnie- Great job! And you’re not ancient, you’re seasoned. That wisdom that comes with age is an amazing addition here 😊
    Madmare- Great sense of humor! I am picturing a beetroot faced woman walking several dogs. Keep up the good work!
    Hey Inka13! I see you! Welcome!

Whew! Super busy day with the toddlers and I didn’t get to do my early morning weigh in. I’m knee deep in Easter sweets but the resistance is strong! I’m exhausted, yet resilient! Goodnite from the USA.

By the way where is everyone from? Share your local in your next post. I know the UK, France, USA and Australia are here. Give your country a shout out!

• posted by Anonymous
    on

😊
    @lindaa thanks for the advice. I’ll resume 800 calories daily as best I can. I’ll skip weighing in tomorrow, though.

I ruined Day 2, but will just keep the count going with Day 3 tomorrow. Also, I’ll try to get some consistency with it. I have a bad habit of diet hopping, so I ought to buckle down and do this right.

Oh USA here as well! And really ready for bed.
    πŸ™‚

Night all!

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi all
    I had a blinding headache on the second day and took pills and it eased off about the third day into the diet! I assume this was the cause?
    My email box is full of blood sugar emails how cool is that. Once I have a few recipes under my belt I’ll feel better and not so daunting. I am amazed I am not hungry on 800 calories! Weighing the food is a bit of a drag but I think you must get to know the amounts afte awhile? Thanks everyone for you supprt😍

• posted by Madmare
    on

Something that made me laugh.

Sadly Ronnie Corbett died at the end of March a much loved British comedian. Though this is sad I was reading some of his best jokes last night and this one made me laugh out loud
    A grandfather has gone missing after eating four cans of baked beans, two cauliflowers and a jar of gherkins. His family have made an emotional appeal for him not to come home for at least a fortnight.

I realised after eating the OH chili made witn chick peas (dont ask!) and cauli rice – it could be me!!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Ginnie
    Yes you are absolutely correct, that is what you feel when your body is withdrawing from carbs. It got to me so much that I never cheated in the entire time I was losing weight because I didn’t want to go through it again!

hinicetomeetyou, you didn’t ruin day 2, you learned a valuable lesson very early on that will only strengthen your resolve and character. Just think about what happened when you think you might want to eat the wrong thing again!
    Cheers
    Linda
    PS, I’m in Sydney.

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi Madmare

Have you heard the quote ” Where ever you may be let your wind go free, for the want of a fart will be the death of me!” unquote.
    good luck Ginnie

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi everyone.

Day 4 for me today, going really well, the lovely weather is helping me to remember how well I felt last summer after my 3 st loss. So feeling very controlled and inspired, and why hey my carb monster is already under control, with no side effects. Mind you I am very active now, walked just over 9,000 steps yesterday, I use the jawbone up anyone here have one . If so who wants a duel to get us moving. Yesterday I was also doing a lot of gunning up of a concrete floor. Yep not girly at all and I’m not sure it’s good for a 59 year old either but hey it burns up calories so I’m game yep this is my life πŸ˜…πŸ€‘πŸ˜…
    Weight down 1.1 kg pleased with that. How’s everyone else doing. I like measuring everyday in kilos as it moves down most days, so much easier and more moral boosting than lbs.
    Happy day BSD peeps.πŸ˜ŠπŸ™‹πŸ˜Š

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yeahhh I’m from beautiful very rural Norfolk in England. And the weather is sublime, all I can hear are birds, and a few bees. We moved here on Valentine’s Day as we brought two 400 year old barns which we are restoring, and building a chalk lump link block barn to join the two up, hence why I was gunning up concrete yesterday.
    We moved from a beautiful area called cranbrook in the Weald of Kent. We lived in Christmas cottage, and now we live in Holly Farm. Both coincidences. Mad huh and my birthday is Christmas Day hehe
    Life history over and out, how about you all.πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi Green janet
    We live in a 1800 french farmhouse with about 18+ acres, mostly woodland and your right this is the best time of year! The cowslips are out and the swallows have started nesting in the barns. After 13 years we have just sold this and are moving back to the UK in about 3 months time and hopefully buy a property, probably a smallholding in Wales. Not because of Bexit I might add!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Ginnie
    Good for you, a friend of mine has just moved to a very rural property near snowdonia, we are mad but she’s madder she doesn’t have water and no hope of getting any laid on.
    We are waiting for ours to be connected so using a neighbours as they are currently sharing our electric.

Not going to move any more moved 18 times as an adult this is it now. We have 7 years until retirement so have no income now as I sold my business to move here, and hopefully one barn will be a holiday let all being well. When are you planning to move πŸ™‹

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi Greenjanet
    In about 3 months time I hope although I will miss this place after all the restauration work! Still it’s time to move on! Hubby misses the UK and I would like to be closer to my family.
    Just hope we can find something?

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Ginnie
    Be patient there is plenty on the market especially in rural places like Norfolk wales Scotland. But just move fast as places sell very fast. Are your family in wales, most of mine are here in Norfolk we’ve all gone up north from Kent, my no. 2 son I hoping to move up here with us in a few years as he’s in our old house in .cranbrook πŸ™‹

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi GreenJanet
    I have a daughter in Wales and another in Cornwall. Can’t go to Cornwall, too expensive! So it will probably be Wales but I have to wait for 3 months of the paperwork here in France is frightening! I might be able to rent a place prior to purchasing as its difficult to rent when you have animals!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh love Cornwall, wales is lovely too. Do you have lots of animals, we’ve only got a little dog, show type cocker that thinks she’s a Rottweiler 🐢

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Hello lovely people!
    I’ve been thinking more about this, and I think I have to depart from this wonderful thread. I’m simply not ready to commit and as LindaA mentioned in an early post, “Do or do not. There is no try.”

Thank you for letting me be a small part of your journey and I wish you all the very best success!
    You can do it!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi nice to meet you
    It sounds like you are being very hard on yourself, with this plan there is no wrong or right way. I for one am having more than 800 calls a day what’s important for me is to keep below 50g carbs.
    Don’t throw in the towel yet, just take it meal by meal, and think about how well you will feel in a few days.

Perhaps think more about why you started on this plan, even perhaps do a for an against list.

I am a serial dieter meaning I have done everything over 41 years and for me this is the only realistically scientifically plan that works, and the health benefits are revolutionary in their antiflammatory abilities,

Talk to us let us know how we can support you, we are all a work in progress, and we all have hot tips to assist in success. πŸ™‹πŸ˜ŠπŸ™‹

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Oh Nicetomeetyou! Hello from your own neck of the woods, California. I saw your post when I sat down with a cup of coffee this morning and I just want you to know that you can do this BSD super part-time and really badly and off-and-on but it will STILL work so please don’t let the “do or don’t do” mindset mess you up or push you away!!!
    That mindset works for some people and that is great for them but last year when I started in March of 2016, I didn’t have the ability or will to be that dedicated and I had to sort of “learn” how to do it and I fell off repeatedly and I ate too much many days and although I blew it over and over, I just kept starting again and again and …again (ha ha and again) and it still worked! I lost about thirty pounds over five months and got to goal and lost a FOOT around my waist (what I must have been carrying around my organs inside makes me shudder). Since then I have maintained and almost never been hungry (except at mealtimes!).
    So don’t quit!!! If this thread is too “strict” move to another one, like the Demon Hot Cross Bun thread — the only thing you really need to do is keep going!! You will get better and better at it, you will find it easier to eat less and low carb, you will totally change your idea of what you WANT to eat and it will work. You will amaze yourself.
    Sounds like with a new job starting soon, taking it easy will be a good way to begin — just do what you can and keep focused on the principles and you will do well. Also, don’t weigh too much — it seems to make some people depressed about the speed of their loss — use a tape measure — it is more gentle to the psyche! Good luck in your new job!

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi nicetomeetyou
    Don’t give up! What is preventing you from carrying on? Starting is the tricky bit and you”be already done that ! You can do this I am sure and you’ll regret if you give up now. Keep going your worth it!

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Hate to see you go Hinicetomeetyou, they say the best diet is the one you can stick to. This journey has many paths and you’ve already made strides in the right direction. I wish you all the success in the world. Feel free to stop by and say hello.

Day 10 weight 229
    Total weight lost 9 lbs

I can’t believe it’s been 10 days already! I’m not disappointed by not losing any lbs the last couple days. I’m just an ounce or 2 away from losing 10 lbs. I can, however see a huge difference in my waist and my face is noticeably thinner. No surprise there. I always get slim in the waist and in the face first. Most of my weight is in my hips and those are always the last to go.

Still going strong! Let’s get it!

• posted by Madmare
    on

Hi
    Home is sunny Derbyshire (at least sunny for today!)
    Part way through Day 4
    Weight this morning
    11 st 12
    4lb weight loss

Now just got to keep this up

I am wondering if the reason I am feeling so happy is that I have re ordered my day
    Instead of starting work at 9 and leaving at 5 I get in for 7:30 and leave at 3:30
    Traffic is much better, I am halving my commute time and I have all the evening to do stuff . Gardening here I come!
    I only have to get up 30 minutes earlier than before. I am a lark not an owl!
    I should have done this years ago (mind you the company I work for did not allow flexible working patterns then)
    The reason I have finally got my act in gear is that my mother is going into hospital tomorrow for a serious operation and I will need to leave work at a time that will let me get to to the hospital for the evening visiting slot.
    Once she is out of hospital I will need to stay with her for a while so need to be home to cook the evening meal

Weekends have been my downfall when I indulge in too much wine but I am not going to be able to drink for a while incase I need to drive

Its a lovely day here sun is out and the colour of the newly emerging leaves is wonderful
    Sunshine always makes me feel better
    Onwards and upwards! – Actually that should be onwards and downwards
    Take care all and keep posting – I really enjoy reading them

• posted by Monkeyb
    on

Hello all. Did my 8 weeks of the diet leading up to Christmas. Felt amazing and lost 23lbs in the eight weeks. Then Christmas hit, and the sugar and carbs found me. I have gained all back except 7lbs and just can’t seen to find any control. However, just booked a short break for my husband an me in Portugal – 12 weeks until we go and I’m dreading putting any flesh on display. So this might be the push I need. I’ll keep reading your posts – you’re all very inspiring.

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Welcome MonkeyB and good luck this time around. This is a new start for many of us so we are all used to failure. I realise now after many years that I have to change my eating habits and eat much more sensibly. I do worry though when I see my husband tucking to a lovely ham sandwich!! It so easy to slip off the wagon and buch harder still to get back on so well done you!

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Welcome MonkeyB! I see we’re both using getaways for our motivation. All the best to you on your journey!

Day 11 weight 228
    Total weight lost 10 lbs

I made pizza chicken last night so sinfully delicious I can’t believe it’s only 300 calories. It was so good that I had it for lunch and dinner today. I always make extra protein when I make dinner so that I don’t have to meal prep much throughout the week. That’s how I survive and with fasting, it helps so much to not have to think about what I’ll eat when I’m hungry.

The last time I did the diet it was a half-hearted attempt, much less strict. I lost 12 lbs the first month. At this rate, it’s likely I’ll surpass that. Hard work pays off people!

On to Day 12!

• posted by 1942desperate
    on

Never ever give up I have lost 60 kilos in the last 3 years first doing 5/2 and lastly doingBSD. The last 5 months I kept losing the same 3 kilos because of not sticking closely to the guidelines so decide to get back on track and have lost 5 kilos in just 12 days.
    This really really works when you follow the advice so just start again and do it.
    I am not diabetic just obese and I have never felt better.

• posted by Trish45D
    on

Hi all!

I am going to re-start the Fast 800 after Easter but I’m planning on not going over-board during Easter. Bit of background: I lost around 9 kilos last year on the F800 and felt wonderful coming into Christmas but then as they say the wheels fell off! I have gained back 6-7 kilos and I actually feel pretty horrible. Most of the gain is because of going back to sugary carbs. I am eating a reasonably healthy breakfast still, oats or eggs then I usually have something really light at lunch, yoghurt, but my undoing has been the nights. I eat like food is going to suddenly disappear from my world. This is not new behaviour for me, sadly I have been a binge eater at night for many years and I once weighed in at 97 kilos! I am only 153 cm or 5 foot, so that was a problem. I currently, well I did a couple of weeks back, weigh in at 65.9 kilos. Over-all I took 30+ kilos off my body but I am still over-weight. I want to be a healthy weight and more to the point feel healthy and that just isn’t the case right now.

As I said I plan on starting after Easter, and I am also going on leave for three weeks – but not really a holiday as I am saving to go O/S later in the year. I really will have no excuses after Easter. I’ll have three full weeks of not being at work and I can go for walks, spend time shopping for the right foods, cooking those foods. *sigh* I really need for this to work again as I feel deflated and a bit lost. I know that losing weight is hard but I never knew how hard keeping it off would be – it is MUCH harder! It requires a whole attitude change and I had thought I was there, obviously not quite. πŸ™‚

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Congrats 1942desperate! I’m not diabetic or pre diabetic and this diet is really working for me as well.
    Hi Trish45D! I hope to see you here after Easter. I’m a night time snacker as well so I consistently have dinner fairly early and then I’m done for the night. It helps a lot.

Day 12 weight 226
    Total weight lost 12 lbs

12 pounds in 12 days and I’m eating really tasty, satisfying food. Unbelievable! I got on and off the scale 5 times lol. Hubby had pizza and I didn’t even waiver.

On to Day 13. It’s been nearly 2 weeks already and I’m starting to feel fantastic!

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi Guys and Gals, nearly 2 weeks gone and cooking very different food! Tried celeriac chips in the oven they were delicious! Even hubby thought so and he’s fussy!
    Hi Trish45D, see u after Easter? We’ve all been there and feel so disgusted with yourself, but it’s a learning curve and you are still in control. Good luck.
    Well done Athorn 223, I weigh tomorrow so fingers crossed!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Trish45D
    You sound exactly like me. That’s exactly what I have done after every diet I have been on since 1969. On this forum people mentioned that they were ‘all or nothing people’ and they couldn’t have just one piece of the sweet carby stuff because it led to a huge carb fest.

It was a light bulb moment for me because that was exactly how I was but I had put it down to lack of willpower and all these years I have hated myself for being so weak. I didn’t even enjoy the carb fests but just couldn’t stop.

In the grip of a particularly bad episode (not long before I was diagnosed with diabetes) I was buying bars of chocolate at a petrol station on my way home from work – lots of bars. The same young man had served me all week and one evening as I paid for the chocolates he said to me ‘ you must stop doing this – it is so bad for you”. I was so shocked that I didn’t say anything – but how right he was.

Once I realized I was an all or nothing person when it came to the sweet carby stuff it became manageable. All I had to do was to avoid the first mouthful – which actually wasn’t that hard. So if I feel the need to eat more I do – but keep to the BSD friendly stuff and keep well away from the carbs. So I have a spoonful of l meridian peanut butter – more than one if I need to. Or a piece of stilton or strong cheddar, or coffee with cream – or all of them.

I add them to fat secret and what is so amazing is that they don’t really add up to a huge amount of calories. Also they were extremely filling calories – not like the carbs that just made me hungrier.

As an all or nothing person I used to be on a diet – get to goal and go back to normal eating. Which was actually just out of control carb eating. So I looked at maintenance as keeping low carb but with more nuts and stilton and peanut butter – so a lot more calories. I still use fat secret every day and weigh myself and my food every day. It has now become effortless as I really enjoy this way of eating.

Not once have I eaten a mouthful of the bad carbs because I know only so well what that leads to. As Verano said on another thread – she thinks of herself as a low carbatarian and doesn’t eat the bad carbs. She doesn’t choose to eat the bad carbs in the same way a vegetarian chooses not to eat meat.

• posted by Angelsand
    on

I have been introduced to this thread and it’s definatey the right place!
    Im so embarrassed I can’t even believe I’m about to type this.

I did 8 weeks up to xmas and lost 2 stone. 11st 9 to 9st 9lb.

Since February I’ve had two periods of illness and binge eating has gone into crazy overdrive. Every day is literally a nightmare from waking up. I can’t get control of this.

Long story short I’ve gone from 9st 9 to 11st 10.5 sInce the start of march. That’s over two stone since the beginning of March.

To say I am embarrassed is understatement but more than that it’s that I can’t seem to get past the horror of what I weigh today and get control. I have a ft job and two toddlers and I’m falling apart at the seams and finding it hard to function. This has got beyond upset and I really have no one to talk to. I darent leave the house at the moment as im so ashamed.
    Any advice wud be really appreciated. It’s the easter holidays and my poor children have to see their mummy like a ridiculous wreck, I feel so pathetic. Xxx
    Xxxx

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi Anglesand. Don’t beat yourself up as we have all done this! The main thing is to get started again which is the hard part. You got on the scales which means you are back in control. Your over the worst part.
    I check the recipes, decide what you like, shop for groceries so you have stuff to eat and just go for it! You’ve already started.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi angelsand
    Ooh luvvy We can here your mind was in a bad place, but that is passing, we are all here with you, and I for one have experienced what has happened to you, it’s just the carbs, they are addictive because of the fructose, and the make up of foods like chocolate etc, is the same fat and sugar ratio as breast milk, and baby milk, so hence the feeling down wanting comfort, I always want food as a comfort, reward, for worry etc. But because carbs sugar are addictive once we start we can’t stop. And the old monster appetite crawls out the woodwork.
    Never fear we are all here, and you have this plan to follow, it cures so many things you know that. So get your mind around visualising yourself starting, finishing day one, and week one, and all the benefits, visualise it breath it, make it real.
    you can be the change you want to see in yourself. Just visualise it, make it your reality. Keep us posted, good, bad, indifferent. There is always some one here, and we are all in the same boat. It will all be okay. πŸ˜ŠπŸ™‹πŸ˜Š

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Trish

That sounds like a good plan, when I started this plan last year I thought about it and planned for it for 3 weeks, having a clear few weeks is brilliant. It’s always so dispiriting when our cravings let us down and the old carb monster appetite rides back in, but we have all been there, with that uncontrollable unstoppable appetite. The wonderful thing is we have knowledge of the cutting edge scientific plan. That in decades to come I believe everyone will be eating, as it seems to cure so many ailments, as well as knocking the monster on the head.

So see yourself planning, starting, and gradually getting control again day by day. You’ve already switched the control button on. Bril keep us posted good, bad, neutral we all need each other’s help, and there’s always someone here. πŸ™‹πŸ˜ŠπŸ™‹

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi Angelsand,

Greenjanet has spoken for us all really, and given you lots of good advice. Just remember that you now DO have someone to talk to, you are among friends who are never going to judge you. Use the mantra that many on this forum have found helpful…….”one day at a time”…. and please shout if you need help, there is always someone to listen and/or advise. Despite what you feel at the moment, you are a strong woman who can do this.

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

Hi Athorn223

I got a little confused when I read your first post as I thought I’d written it and forgotten I had! I did exactly the same thing, did so amazingly last year, I look at the clothes I had bought for my summer holiday in amazement that I got into them. I came off my metformin – which I have to admit I haven’t gone back onto which I’m sure I should, in the hope this will spur me on but…………….

So I started on Monday (now Saturday) and expected amazing results – when I started last year my weight loss was fantastic, 9 lbs the first week, 8 lbs the second etc – of course it slowed down but it was such an incentive. This time, I’ve lost 3 1/2 lbs in total in 5 days – oh I lie, I put on .8 lb overnight. I can’t work out why.

I have had no carbs of any kind except in some fruit in yoghurt…………my calorie consumption has been below 650 every day and I’ve exercised much more in this last week – any advice would be gratefully received – from anyone – what am I doing wrong???? I’m eating recipes from the book or just meat and salad and weighing everything and recording it – feeling very down! HELP!!!

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi Athorn 223. I’m no expert but I think your not eating enough. I assume you are drinking plenty? I have 800 calories a day, or there abouts, as I think you need this amount to keep everything working well. I assume its not your scales??
    Anglesand How are you feeling now? Better I hope.
    Hope everyone else id okay? I weigh tomorrow so will let you all know how I am doing. Missing bread today heavens knows why, probably cos its convenient and easy! Shame on me!

• posted by Angelsand
    on

Thank you so much for all the comments, think I’m deep in self destruct and feeling very angry and sad about what I have done. I think I foolishly thought I cud control having a bit of an indulgence at the weekend and strict in the week and this has massively backfired.

I’ve got on the scales three times today and measured myself 4 times. It’s really really upset me more than I admit. Am disgusted in myself and feel sorry for my poor family who have to put up with a ridiculous 40 year old woman who still cannot get to grips with food control. I need to start tomorrow. I know this.
    Xxxx

• posted by melb100
    on

Angelsand – I have just logged in specially to give you a big virtual hug. (((( H U G ))))

This feels awful right now because you have decided to face it. How many times have we all on this thread decided that today is not the day to weigh ourselves, but to carry on ignoring our tightening clothes?

Getting on the scales and facing up to reality is the absolute HARDEST bit!!!

So you’ve done that, now on with the next step of choosing foods that will nourish your body and make you feel better LONG TERM.

And by the way, I was reading this morning about new research suggesting that losing and then gaining back weight is still healthier than not losing it. So however you are feeling right now, remember you are healthier than you were prior to your first bsd weightloss.

What’s that I hear? It’s the bell for the start of BSD round 2. Cue theme music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhlPAj38rHc

(((( H U G ))))

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Ginnie- Wishing you the best on tomorrows weigh in!
    KrysiaD- Huge revelation! congrats on all your success so far!
    Angelsand – Today is a new day. The perfect opportunity to start again. Don’t beat yourself up over decisions you made yesterday because today is filled with new opportunities. They say that when you know better, you do better. You’re here. You’re reaching out. You can do this. One meal at a time, one decision at a time, one day at a time.
    Tallyhoo- I remember you from last year. Glad to see you back. In my opinion, your weight fluctuations are nothing to worry about. Look at today’s weigh in of mine. I’d caution you against restricting your calories much more than 800 calories, also take it easy on the exercise. I did too much last year and not only did my weight stall, all the exercise increased my appetite which made the diet quite difficult to stick to.
    melb100- I hear the music loud and clear, ready for the fight of my life!

Day 13 weight 229

I have been absolutely consistent with my diet and counting the calories in everything I put in my mouth. I believe I’m holding some water weight because its that time of the month. This is not unusual for me as I remember my weight fluctuating the first time I did the diet. Nothing to freak out about. I anticipate my weight loss will go back to normal in a couple of days and I’ll increase my water intake to speed up the process. That’s why I prefer to weigh in daily to give me an average weight and keep me on track. I would have missed the success of yesterday’s weigh in if I hadn’t stepped on the scale. My clothes are starting to fit differently. I have a waist again and It’s been less than 2 weeks. Pay attention to “non-scale victories” They really help on days like today.

We went out to eat today which would have made me panic except I looked up the menu beforehand and ordered asian style broccoli and shrimp, it did come in a light sauce and it was delicious. I saved half for lunch tomorrow. I’d estimate dinner at about 350 calories. Then the kids wanted ice cream. Instead of stopping by our favorite ice cream shop, hubby and I bought some low carb ice cream from the grocery store. 90 calories for a half cup! I have to make the diet fit my lifestyle, so I’m still considering today a victory.

Day 14 here I come!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Tallyhoo
    Did you add fruit in full fat natural or full fat Greek yoghurt or was it store bought fruit yoghurt? Was it low fat or artificially sweetened?
    Also, it doesn’t sound like you are eating enough fat. You need at least your 800 calories every day, so make up the rest from 650’ish in fat (some avocado, cheese, butter, olive oil etc). Let us know how you go.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

LindaA – 6 blueberries and a kiwi mixed into 100g full fat greek yoghurt – point taken about the 800 calories and fat consumption thanks.
    Athorn 223 – same point about less than 800 calories noted and also about the exercise. I think when I started last year it was in the middle of a bleak January and I did walk the dog but nothing like I am now so again point taken. Also I’m not drinking any water at all which is a real hatred of mine and I know I had stepped it up last year………….
    Thanks………….

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi everybody. Lost 3.2 lbs great. Still trying new recipes I’ll try making some bread this week! So glad we are all on the same page! Good luck to you all you keep me going!

• posted by Marsie
    on

LindaA,

Do, or Do Not. There is No Try.

This is my favourite Yoda quote. Thank you for reminding me of it. In a pat life I was a WW meeting leader (it served its purpose at the time, not now) and I often i used this with the meeting members. Need to keep it in mind again.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hehe love the theme tune πŸ˜ŠπŸ’ƒπŸ˜Š

• posted by bmmorag
    on

Hi all

Can I join you too please? I lost 7-8kgs in a couple of weeks earlier in the year and then we were away from home for a few days and things went to pot…. I have 5 of those kilos back and restarted yesterday at 80.2 kilos aiming to lose 20 kilos. The significance of yesterday is that it is exactly 6 weeks until my birthday and exactly 6 months until my daughter gets married. I am fine at home, when I can plan and cook my meals and when not at work am very active – in the last week I have clocked up over 115,000 steps. My poor little dog… I promised her a holiday and have walked her little legs off!

I enjoy cooking and eating this sort of food – I do however work in a large office with a table on which every type of carby, sugary food you can imagine is placed. I have nicknamed it diabetes table. The table is directly opposite my desk, in my line of sight. I would move my desk however, have a fixed ‘station’ due to some adaptations that have been made. So I watch my 40 colleagues visiting diabetes table all day every day – any advice on this anyone? I am due to leave this job but have to give 3 months notice so will be there until the end of June at least.

Morag x

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Morag
    I imagine when I see someone heading towards the table, diabetes, heart disease, toe amputations, kidney disease etc.

It could be easier for me as my ex husband was diagnosed with T2D about 10 years ago (long after we were divorced) and is now on dialysis 5 days a week and on a long waiting list for a kidney transplant. Both our children have inherited his genes and now my 24yo daughter has been diagnosed with pre diabetes.
    It’s not fun to imagine it, but it sure turns you off wanting to eat the ‘bad carbage’.
    “Toes are better than carbs”.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Marsie
    Yes, it does work doesn’t it.πŸ˜€
    Although I am at my goal weight and no longer eat bad carbs or any sugar, I found that I trigger cravings when I eat macadamia nuts and full fat Greek yoghurt. I don’t seem to be able to stop at just a reasonable amount, so, I took my own advise and stopped both cold turkey even though they are approved ‘keto’ foods.
    I badly wanted some yoghurt last night (it’s still in the house as my husband eats it for breakfast), but I resisted and went to bed early and read my book. Once I was there, I didn’t think about it again!
    Even on maintenance there can be struggles! That’s why I continue to follow the forum. It really helps, so thank you allπŸ˜€.
    Keep up the good work.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by melb100
    on

Well you’ve gone and done it, I’ve been tinkering round the edges with this way of eating for months but a combination of reading this thread and currently being in the throws of a MASSIVE carb hangover (4 doughnuts and a pot noodle yesterday, what was I thinking???) have pushed me over the edge to try and do this properly at last.
    This stuffy nose (anyone else find sugar totally messes with their sinuses??), huge headache, total inability to sleep last night, terrible heartburn and feeling absolutely Sick to my stomach ought to serve as a warning try future self -putting it down here on “paper” to re-read next time someone leaves a multipack of doughnuts lying around.

This good news is that at 88 kilos I am still 4kilos down on this time last, the bad news is another 10 to go before I get into healthy BMI for my height. So that is my first goal for this rocky inspired comeback.

Happy Monday one and all!

• posted by Madmare
    on

This diet works!!
    Friday was heavy duty.
    My mother had a big operation – all went well thankfully, but my father and I had been at the hospital all day so got fish and chips for supper.
    I DID eat all the fish including the batter (it was lovely)
    I DID eat some chips (8 I counted them out)
    and I DID have 2 glasses of wine,

Been at the hospital most of the weekend (thank the lord for Marks and Spencers salads) but got on the scales this morning and am 11stone 10.75 lbs. That 4 ounces is very important!

so a small slip up is not the end of the world.

so a 5ib weight loss for the first week.
    I dont suppose I will continue to lose weight at this rate but its made me feel a whole lot better.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Melb100 – I also have found sugar messes up the sinuses. I have had horrible sinus problems for years and have always blamed it on allergic rhinitis and hay fever. I also snored quite badly at night. Amazingly I no longer have sinus problems, my hay fever is very mild now and I no longer snore – not even slightly. I would never have believed that it was the bad carbs causing it.

It is so wonderful – and when you add it to no more insulin, diabetes in remission. Diabetic retinopathy reversed, wearing size 8 and 10 clothes and feeling full of energy – it is an impressive result from just giving up sugar and the bad carbs.

Please log in or register to post a reply.