2nd time's the charm

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Ok guys. Sooooo what happened was… I started this diet in May of last year and enjoyed incredible results. I dropped well over 50 lbs. Then the holidays came around and I completely screwed up. I’m right back where I started plus a few extra lbs. I can’t believe I just let all that success slip through my fingers. So after about 6 months of being super hard on myself and procrastinating, I’m back and 1 year older. (Hopefully wiser) I just turned 30 and I’ve been a yoyo dieter for my entire adult life. I need to get off this rollercoaster and commit. I’ll use this platform to stay accountable. My husband and I are taking the honeymoon we never had for our 10 year wedding anniversary in October and I want to be toned and bikini ready. I need to do this for me and my kids. I’ve got to break this sugar addiction… again. Wish me luck!
    I’ll update tomorrow when I weigh in. I may just keep this thread going and document my whole journey here.

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hiya. This is my first blog. I’m 66 and until was as around 45 I never worried about my weight cos I was slim, well not now and sticking to a diet is really difficult for me. I start off well with loads of enthusiasm but then it all gets too much. I live in France at he moment so the bred is a kier for me! However I have now made yet another start after getting on the scales yesterday so I need to go shopping so I have plenty of things I can eat in the fridge! Drinking loads of water which is tricky for me but if I want to loss the weight so be it!
    I just hope I can keep going!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome to you both, well done on taking the decision to make some real changes. I have been following the BSD way of eating for just over a year, with two long breaks for holidays and only gained a couple of pounds each time, by sticking to the principles of the regime. What is important, is to take on board that this is a lifestyle change and not a quick fix diet. We are all in this for the long haul, there will be no returning to the’normal’ way we used to eat, because that is what brought us here in the first place.

You are spot on Ginnie, hydration is very important. It is something I struggle with too and have to really concentrate on getting enough fluids each day. Athorn223, I’m sure if you really knuckle down and stick to the programme, you will reap the rewards for your trip in October.

Best of luck to you both and I hope you will be reporting great results soon!

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Thanks for the support Ginnie we can do it! SunnyB, you’re absolutely right, I have never treated weight loss as a long term lifestyle change for success. I’m so tired of losing weight and gaining large amounts back. I am an expert at losing weight lol. The problem I’ve had is finding the motivation to consume treats in moderation and keep the weight off.

Day 1 weigh in: 238 lbs

I’ll try to update this post as often as I can.

Here’s to a successful journey once and for all!

• posted by Athorn223
    on

It’s day 2 and I’m overall proud of myself, although I did go a little overboard on some honey roasted peanuts when a trip out of state went longer than expected.

Day 2 weight 236

I’ve been dieting long enough to know that the first week you shed a lot of water weight, but I can’t say that I’m mad at progress. Surprisingly not terribly hungry. I”m motivated to keep going.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Well done Athorn223
    Keep it up, although perhaps without anything that contains honey! It has the same effect as sugar on your body.
    Are you drinking heaps?
    Are you going for a walk everyday?
    Are you getting enough salt?
    Salt will help with the Keto flu when it hits this week as will the extra water. The big thing is ride through it and be kind to yourself. Take some panadol if you have to. It will get better.
    Just don’t give up.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Thanks for the encouragement Linda. Dr. Mosley actually does not recommend much exercise until the maintenance phase. Check out some of his presentations on YT.

Day 3 weight 235

Since I’ve done this diet before my body is working as if it remembers what this weight loss and clear intentions feels like. I’m intermittent fasting, being more mindful and I’m satisfied with less. I don’t feel terribly hungry. I broke my 17 hour fast at around 12 pm feeling no “hunger” per-say I just knew i needed to eat. I’ve been eating huge salads of romaine lettuce, olive oil, olives, beets, chicken and a boiled egg. They usually come in at around 400- 450 or so calories. I like to have dinner by 5 pm and then fast the rest of the time like I did last year and its working for me. I feel in control again, which is what I feel like was missing before. I missed being intentional in my consumption of food and I feel that again.

On to day 4!

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Day 4 weight 233
    Total weight lost: 5 lbs

Surprised this morning by a 2 lb drop overnight. I was super hungry today. From the moment I woke up I counted the hours until I felt comfortable breaking my fast at around 11 am. I have not yet mentioned that I have a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed in warm tea, with cinnamon every morning. I’ve heard that the concentration of pectin in ACV keeps hunger at bay. That had been working great until today. The hunger was almost insatiable but I stuck to it and I’m super proud of myself for not giving in to temptation.

• posted by Eileen27
    on

That’s a fantastic loss Athorn223. You must have been very determined. I’m realising at long last that this has to be a real life changer for me. I’ve done diets before but always slipped back to my old ways.
    What I find on this diet is that I’m
    Not really hungry. When I was eating lots of carbohydrates I always could eat more. I think the carbs made me hungry. So with no/ very few carbs, plenty of green veg and protein, not forgetting the full fat the hunger doesnt come. Hope i can really stick stick at this. I look forward to your results tomorrow Athorn 223! X

• posted by Ginnie
    on

HI guys, not weighed in yet as I thought I would hang on for a week! I’ve not been hungry but I’m really bored with the choices. I’ve trawled through the recipes but nothing really inspires me! I walk around with a bottle of water which is sad. I fill out the food diary on myfitnessplan so I can keep a check on my carbs. I just need to find some really tasty recipes I think. Glad your all doing well though.
    I’ll weigh in on Sunday,fingures crossed!!

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Hi Eileen27! i feel the same exact way when I’m eating loads of carbs. I was never full, now I can definitely feel when I’ve had enough food. That’s the power of eating whole foods. We can do it, just one day at a time.

Ginnie, I know what it’s like to be super bored with the options, and I’m anticipating getting bored with salad and chicken nearly every day. Have you considered buying a low cal Mediterranean cook book or checking out low carb recipes online? You may find some inspiration that’ll keep it interested. I tried Vietnamese cuisine for the first time a couple days ago. It was seafood and veggies that were A-mazing. i didn’t miss the carbs at all. Your weigh in will be awesome. I can feel it!

Day 5 weight 232

Feeling great after yesterdays temptation. i had a spinach salad for lunch with lots of veggies on top, chicken and a lemony olive oil vinaigrette which was around 330 calories. For dinner I slow roasted a whole chicken stuffed with onion, on top of a bed of baby carrots. and I had roasted broccoli and cauliflower on the side. Doesn’t that sound delish! It was sooo good. I’m stuffed. It was about 450 calories.

Don’t know if it’s because I’ve done this diet before but this week seems to be flying by. I know that it won’t always be this easy but I’m quite surprised by how satisfied I’ve been.

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi Athorn 223 and Eileen27,
    you guys are flying along! You must weigh every day? I had duck breast with salad and a lovely crème friche dressing! Not hungry like u but I just need to sort out the Breakfast as I can’t cope with eggs etc. I wonder if there’s a low card muesli? Well done to you both anyway your so positive! I’m getting there I hope!!

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Yes Ginnie I weigh in daily to help me stay on track. I think that because I’ve had success with this diet in the past, bad numbers don’t discourage me because I learned last year to trust the process and that the number on the scale is just a fraction of a reflection of the work I put in daily.

Day 6 weight 232

Totally not surprised by this number. Last year I remember dropping weight lightning fast in the first few days and then dropping a pound every other day or every 2 days. I feel like when this happens and the weight loss slows a bit that now I’m getting down to the actual fat loss instead of just dropping water weight– that keeps me encouraged. I was craving some sweets in the afternoon per usual as it’s that time of the month (sorry TMI). I had a snack of pickles and a couple tablespoons of canned whipped cream. Not together lol separately. I don’t feel like I totally undid my progress. The whipped cream was about 50 cal and I got my fix. My goal is never to be perfect rather an aim to do better.

On the day 7!

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Thank you Athorn 223 I weighed today after a week, lost 5.5 lbs! Thank heavens! I know I probably won’t lose as much next week. I had a cup of tea with milk as a treat!! Glad we’re still focused although a long way to go yet!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi guys.

You have reinspired me, I am also a large looser from last year, and put 2/3 rds of it back on and this will be my 7 th attempt to get back on track. Yep 7th. My life has changed completely we have moved to another county, not working, but working on our building site, so I am around food every day, but now the warmer weather is here I am beginning to feel properly determined.
    Reading your posts has reminded me of that wonderful feeling of feeling in control, without the need to eat tons of food. Ooh and I want that back.

So this is my commitment, this is the last time I’m doing this I’m b…….. fed up with letting myself give up. Which is so daft because the BSD did wonderful things for my health and life, it reversed pre diabetis and reversed symptoms of SLE, gave me unbelievable energy, and my sister said made me look loads younger, and I loved the organised control feeling. So today’s the day, fage already in the fridge, and berries so have breakfast so I’m ready, have to have fage for me it’s feels very indulgent. so day 1 here we go 😅

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi Greenjanet
    Well done you! I am the same. I still have my old records on MyFitnessPlan to remind me how I have slipped and the weight I have put on! Glad I have got the first week under my belt! Good luck to you.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Good work to you to Ginnie luvvy

We are lovely returners 😀🌈😀

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Welcome back returners, just remember to keep on keeping on, and even if you slip up a little just get straight back on the wagon, and we’ll be there to give you a hand back up.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Thanks mix n match 🙋

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Hi there! Can I please participate in this thread?
    I am (well, hopefully I am “formerly”) a yo-yo girl/weight fluctuater. I’ve lost and gained 20-40lbs many times in my life.

The Blood Sugar Diet sounds fantastic to me; thinking I can do it!
    I aim to begin tomorrow. While 8 straight weeks would be great, if at any point I feel ill or become depressed then I think I’ll switch to a slower weight loss regime, such as the BSD 5:2 or the gentler BSD Way of Life. (That was the advice from this website’s FAQ). Also, if by some luck I lose all the weight and reach goal sooner than 8 weeks, then of course I’ll be happy to switch to a gentler plan for maintenance.

Starting weight: ~170lbs
    Goal weight: ~138-144lbs
    Height: 5’4″

@athorn223 you’re really doing it! I’m inspired. Hopefully I can follow suit.

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Yay Ginnie! That’s amazing progress!

Greenjanet- Yes come back! The grass is actually greener on this side 😊. I think that’s the magic of spring. It just makes you want to get back up and try again. Fage and berries sounds delish!

Thanks for the encouragement Mixnmatch!

Day 7 weight 231
    Total weight lost 7 lbs

The weekends are my always the hardest for me. Because- husband. When he’s off work there’s usually an 80% chance that I’ll cheat. He’s what they call here in the states a “gym rat” and he eats like one because he’s putting on so much muscle at the gym. Today I made the conscious decision to be different and not worry about the things I cannot change. There will always be sweet treats in my house and temptations. (We have two toddlers and my husband is naturally thin) I am in control of my decisions and the more responsibility I take for my actions on this journey the more successful I’ll be in life after this weight loss journey is over. I heard Dr. Mosley say at a lecture “losing weight is hard but so is being overweight” You’ve got to pick your path and own it. Difficulty escapes no one.

1 week down and this mindfulness has me deep in thought about what it takes to win at life not just on this journey. 😂

On to week 2! That was fast! Bring it on!

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Hinicetomeetyou! Yes join in! I never thought anyone would read this thread. I really did start it to be accountable to myself but the support I’ve received is keeping me going! Whenever you’re ready jump in. The water’s fine 😊 I see we are both experts at losing weight. I too can drop or gain large amounts in a matter of months. It wasn’t until I took a look at my weight charts over the years that I realized I had a problem. My Dr. told me to pick a weight, to either be thin or overweight because the yoyo more unhealthy than anything. That too is motivation. Happy you’re here whichever diet you choose!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Athorn223
    It’s great isn’t it when you make the decision to take control over your own life and decisions. That’s when the switch went on for me 12 months ago and I still feel the same way.
    I continually read blogs and websites to keep me motivated and find that is one of the secrets to success!
    I read this last week that I thought you might be interested in reading it, it really helped me.

https://www.ketovangelist.com/set-yourself-up-for-success/

Keep posting, it’s great to hear how you’re going.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Yay!
    I’m happy I can be here with you all.
    I appreciate that sage Yoda wisdom, by the way. “Do or do not. There is no try.”

Onward into the challenging weeks ahead. 😊

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi LindA thank you for your post it is very inspiring and so true!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Morning all.

In the voice of big brother For me it’s. DAY 2. 🙋😊🙋

• posted by Ryan38
    on

Hi everyone. I’m new to the forums but have also been someone who has stop-started this plan before and seen benefits, so thought this was the ideal forum for me to ‘jump on’, hope that’s ok 😃
    Quick intro…
    I’m a 38 year old male, pre-diabetic, 6 feet tall and been a yo-yo dieter all my life.
    Currently weighing in at 16 st 1lb, I have weighed as little as 11.5 stone in the last five years, so I really do seem to take yo-yo to the extreme!
    Time to make permanent lifestyle changes for the good of my long-term health, I plan to follow the 8 week plan religiously and combine with exercise to give the springboard I need for the long term sustainable lifestyle.
    Today is day one for me. It’s been great reading all of your posts as they’re an inspiration and I wish you the best of luck and look forward to hearing everyone’s progress in their individual journeys.

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Hello there, @athorn223 @ginnie @sunnyb @lindaa @eileen27 @greenjanet @mixnmatch @ryan38 🙂

It’s nearly 8:00am and I’m getting ready for coffee here (California). Gonna start Day 1 of the 8-week Blood Sugar Diet. Here we go…
    I weighed in this morning to have numbers to work with.

Height: 5’4″
    Weight: 169.5lbs
    (Goal: 138-144lbs)

I will talk to you all later! It’s easy for me to post the start of the day, but the kicker is if I do well by the end of it! Hopefully it goes well. Have a lovely day!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope day one goes well for you hinicetomeetyou. Be sure to account for everything you consume and keep well hydrated. Look forward to reading your progress.

• posted by Ginnie
    on

The more the merrier Nicetomeetyou. Good luck and well done for getting started. I think the first week is the worst cos once you’ve got the first week under your belt and the start of the weight loss it gives you the incentive to keep going. Well it works for me.
    Living in France is tricky cos of the bread which I adore!! Good luck.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh ginnie
    Bread my favourite but at the mo I’m feeling so committed so it’s my non fav hehe until the wind changes 😳

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi Athorn233. My hubby is eating as normal and asking me to make his favourite fruit cake! Helpful!! Tucking into chips and fresh bread. Life is definitely not fair! Well its no good moaning I will keep going regardless. Glad you are having such success. I’m into week 2 which is good as I always feel the first week is the worst. Onwards and upwards!

• posted by Madmare
    on

Hi
    I too am a serial restarted. This is my 5th attempt. I did really well last year but sabotaged myself.
    I was listening to the radio yesterday and heard a great quote from Henry Ford
    ” if you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing you are probably right”
    I am going to do this
    I am 5′ 6″
    12 stone 2lbs

Want to lose 2 stone
    Eggs for breakfast
    Boots salad for lunch
    Chili con carne and cauliflower rice
    805 calories not drank enough water only about a litre.

Went for a run with two of the dogs and managed 10000 steps.

First day done just got to keep going. I know once I start to see the weight come off I will start to feel better.
    The thought of being back in control is so good.
    Let’s see how I get on!
    I

• posted by LindaA
    on

Welcome hinicetomeetyou,
    I’m in Sydney, so only just catching up on your post. How did your first day go?
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Wow so many new people here! Never realized there were so many people in my shoes.
    LindaA That’s an awesome blog! So many take aways. I’ve saved it for future reference. Thanks for thinking of me!
    Greenjanet You’re doing it! Stay focused!
    Hey Ryan38! Welcome! That extreme sort of weight loss/gain sounds exactly like me. I’m an all in or all out sort of person. I have yet to find a median- truthfully that’s what I am fearing most. I know I can reach my goal, but it’s the “what next” that terrifies me. What do I do when the thrill and triumph of this loss journey is over and I’m tasked with maintaining my progress. That’s what I need to get a grip of. Glad you’re here!
    Ginnie We can do this. I feel so focused going into week 2. I can also feel my stomach shrinking. I just can eat as much as I did a week ago.
    MadMare- You rock! I just don’t have the energy to exercise beyond chasing my toddlers around. I want to take it easy because I went too hard last year and the exercise made me super hungry and I had to up my calories. I watched a video of Dr. Moseley on Youtube saying that vigorous exercise is great for maintaining weight loss but to take it easy while losing the weight.

I WISH YOU GUYS ALL THE SUCCESS IN THE WORLD! This is a great support thread. If you’re out there and reading these posts introduce yourself. Don’t be shy come say “Hi” lol

Day 8 weight 229
    Total weight lost 9 lbs

Another 2 lb drop overnight. I’m out of the 230’s… again. I didn’t expect it to happen so quickly. I am a lot more strict with my portions and what I’m eating on the diet this year. My days average around 830 calories, solely comprised of extra virgin olive oil, meat or eggs and non-starchy veggies, occasionally nuts. I’m not even doing dairy right now. (Dairy has never really agreed with me) Hard work and dedication is paying off.

Day 9 here I come!

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Also, I think I did pretty good!
    Had 2 protein bars and a bunch of veggies with eggplant hummus as well as a bit of sugar-free ketchup. Also had tea + coffee with almond milk (30 cal per 8oz).

Calories in were roughly 850 total. Looking forward to more good days 🙂

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Oh actually more like 1000 cal.
    Whoopsies. Still a good start! Onto Day 2… I’ll just keep it going.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I have very recently reached my target weight and am now controlled reverse dieting up to a natural TDEE to make sure my metabolism hasn’t suffered. I lost over 8 stone using a combination of diets, but this was the latest and by far the most successful and so is forming the basis for my maintenance plan (under development, but will contain at least one 800 fast day, and 16:8 intermittent fasting a couple of days a week). I am toying with the idea of an unlimited day as well but would have to see how that went.

• posted by Ryan38
    on

Athorn223, thanks so much for the welcome! Sounds like we both have a very similar problem. I have an analogy that it’s like most ‘normal’ people have a switch that they can turn up and down and moderate themselves (maybe like a volume switch)… whereas someone like me basically has an on/off switch with no middle ground. Trouble is when my switch is on, it’s always turned up full volume, off the scale!!! It’s the settled bit in the middle that I want to rediscover and live by! Crazy thing is that my partner of 8 years is perfectly balanced, a good size & weight etc and never struggles… you think I could just go along with her but no, I have my own problems and if I’m too ashamed to over indulge in front of her I am even prone to secret binging in our own house, how shameful lol 😱
    Yes, as a fellow yo-yoer you are so right; getting to the goal is doable, we’ve done it before, it’s just the fear of being able to sustain it.
    Last month I did the Forever Living Clean 9 thing that most of you may have heard of? Basically a nine-day cleanse that’s supposed to reset your metabolism and I wanted to use it as a kick start. I lost 14lbs and 7cm off my waist but duly celebrated with a few drinks and have since put it all back on, plus a little more!
    Anyway I easily stuck to 800 cals yesterday on my first day, have a terrible headache this morning and I’m dreading the fact I’ve booked a trial session with a personal trainer at my local gym today. Have done this for motivation but am just full of fear and trepidation!
    Well done to everyone for all of your positive progress and good luck to fellow newbies. I honestly believe just reading these blogs is a great way to stay focused and motivated.
    Have a great day everyone whatever the time is where you are (I am UK based)

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Ryan

Re your carb withdrawal headaches just up your water, and add a little salt to your food, all the food we are eating, is a lot lower in salt, hence the headaches, take some pain relief if req, it will pass and soon you will be feeling amazing.
    I wholly agree with the uncontrollable appetite, one blogger on here Yowser, called it the carb monster 🐲🐲🐲and when I did this plan last year, it was exact,y controlling this monster that gave me the weight loss and the discipline to keep it going, no raging hunger, = no binging, it was amazing to very quickly to feel very satisfied with my portions and food. Have you read in Dr. M book that carbs actually increases our appetite. Love the science of this plan. Thank goodness we are doing it.
    Anyway for me Day 3 started with a lovely breakfast of fried halloumi cheese mushrooms and tomatoes, yum. And scales show a loss of .3 kg so far this week.
    Keep at it BSD peeps. 💃💃💃of for a walk to the post office.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Ryan38
    Can highly recommend the book ‘Good Calories Bad Calories’ by Gary Taubes. I got mine off Amazon. He explains in great detail the science of what you are feeling and what you can do about it.

I was exactly the same as you and now I am 30kg down and have been maintaining easily since September.

A real eye opener and well worth the read!
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Ryan38
    on

Hi greenjanet,
    You are so right with the salt. TBH I think that’s another extension of the sugar problem highlighted by MM, as someone with high BP I’m encouraged to have less salt but then you see all these low salt & low sodium products released and can’t help thinking it’s like the low-fat, high sugar rubbish that just pull in money for all of the greedy companies, anyway that’s another conversation, apologies for the rant 😝
    You are right to never give up giving up yourself; as someone who tries before and falls off the wagon it’s too easy to label yourself as a failure and then live up to the tag, but the fact is it’s never too late to change. It seems so easy when we talk and write about it, especially as everyone begins to feel benefits almost immediately, but we all have this one thing that’s our downfall. I’m lucky I don’t have a sweet tooth but give me some cheese and crackers and I can’t stop, or one alcoholic drink has to turn into at least 3 and then bad habits seem to continue for weeks, with the inevitable carb cravings that follow.
    Your breakfast sounds lovely, I think I will have to give that one a go 😃

Hi LindaA,
    Wow congrats on the 30kg loss that is truly amazing and I bet you feel wonderful! You set a wonderful example and it’s great to have someone on this thread who has succeeded not only on the loss but what for many is the hardest part, the maintenance. I think your words will be of huge encouragement to those of us who still have a long way to go and a lot to lose… I know they have certainly inspired me already 😃
    Thank you for the book recommendation. It’s one I’ve heard of and I’ve come across a few others since researching the BSD. It seems such simple science doesn’t it, and makes you wonder why all the arguments against it (hence the conspiracy theories and similar to my salt rant above, lol).
    I got the book ‘Breakfast is a Dangerous Meal’ by Terence Kealey on iBooks and even though it gets a bit tiresome and bombards you with facts (I actually couldn’t be bothered to finish it!) the principles are similar and I know my blood sugars and weight loss are greatly aided by delaying my first meal of the day and ”end-loading’ my calorie allowance where possible. Having followed MM’s 5:2 a few years ago I find periods of fasting good for both body and mind, and as a greedy pig I do like having a big dinner to look forward to in the evening, as well! 🐷😁

Thanks all for the welcome & advice 😃
    Ryan

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Day 2!
    I lost a bit since yesterday.

SW: 169.5lbs
    CW: 168.4lbs

Hoping it comes off a bit faster but we shall see!
    Ryan, I’m cheering you on, my friend!
    Have a great day everyone 😄

• posted by Esnecca
    on

You’re hoping it comes off faster than 1.1 pounds a day? I fear you’re setting yourself up for emotional disaster. Celebrate your wonderful loss and live in the moment or when the slow-down comes, and it will certainly come, you will feel terrible even though you’ve done great.

Congratulations! Keep up the good work. 🙂

• posted by Ginnie
    on

Hi everyone! Well we continue on I hope? I bought some jeans that don’t quite fit, by mistake I must add, however it will be a good guide if I can get them further down the road so I won’t send them back yet! Made up a prawn cocktail for lunch which was delicious.
    The water consumption is still trial, I go everywhere with a bottle of water! I think my stomach must have shrunk cos I can’t always finish my meal and that’s never been a problem for me before! Still miss the bread though so I will have a go at making a low carbon loaf with almond and coconut flour! I read everyone’s post as you all seem so marvellous. I won’t weigh every day as if I stayed the same I would get disheartened so only weigh once a week! Looks more impressive I think.
    Well done everyone keep posting it cheers me up although I am ancient compared to everyone else I feel.

• posted by Anonymous
    on

@esnecca you are wise, thank you! Yea I better chill out. lol
    @ginnie there are so many great low carb options to bake! I have even purchased some good ones on Amazon.com 🙂

Day 2 continues! I’m midway through the day and the day’s calories. Today was a bittersweet one, as it was my last day at my job and I said many goodbyes to people. I begin a new job on Thursday April 6th and I am scared! Hopefully it ends up being a good change, though. It was time for a change.

• posted by Madmare
    on

What a lovely set of people on this thread, it’s going to make dieting fun.
    End of day two feeling quite ridiculously happy not sure why partly from reading all your inspiring blogs and partly because I managed to stick to the diet.
    Hi Atorn223, Think I am bigging myself up when I say running I have an app on my phone that has a plan to turn a couch potato into a 5k runner in 8 weeks at half way stage but only running for 5 minute intervals at the moment. Scary to think be running for 30 mins in 4 weeks. The dogs love it and don’t seem to mind having to walk home with a beetroot faced woman I really must remember to take a paper bag with me next time so not to scare the motorists.
    Hi Ryan38 I too am all or nothing it’s not a glass of wine, it’s a bottle and portion control what portion control!
    Weight this morning 12 stone loss of 2lbs
    Got on and off the scales several times as did not quite believe it!
    Did better today on drinking water so let’s see what tomorrow brings
    Well done everyone

• posted by Inka13
    on

Hi Athorn223,
    I would love to join this thread too, am a chronic restarter but so determined to keep going. What you said in one of your posts really affected me and gave me a gee-up! It was the bit that overweight is difficult too, difficulty escapes no one, loved that!
    I need to shift about 8 kilos to be at ideal weight, insulin resistant and all the bits that go with it (pcos etc)so here goes….
    I recognise some names on this thread and everyone seems so lovely and friendly I can’t wait to get going!!
    Have a great day everyone!

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Day 2 looking more like just a normal TDEE day.
    If nothing else, I’ll approach this Mediterranean influenced-eating style with an alternate day modified approach. In other words, on one day, 800 calories, on the next, just normal (TDEE is about 1700 for me, so no more than that). Naturally, if I can do more 800 days in a row, then I’d love it! Admittedly it’s a bit challenging. (You folks are strong.)

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. I guess I’ll have to see if this modified approach actually works.

@inka13 woohoo! Glad you found this spot. It’s certainly been an inspiration for me; feels like everyone here is kind and inviting.
    @madmare I agree. This tread rocks.

Please log in or register to post a reply.