2nd 8 weeks starting Tuesday August 30th

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

KRYSIA,what a success! X! You must be so delighted ! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

• posted by Verano
    on

Krysia FANTASTIC!!!!

That’s what it’s all about. Really pleased for you.

When I do my reboot next week now I’m definitely going to stay below 30g of carbs a day …. after all it’s only 7days and then who knows!!!!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Thank you for your congratulations. Really I should be congratulating you all because without this forum I know 100% I couldn’t of stuck to the BSD. Even when – for the first 4 months – I was losing weight at a snails pace I read all the latest posts on this forum every day. It kept me going reading about the successes and the fast weight loss and it was even more inspiring to read the thoughtful and intellegent suggestions in reply to people who were struggling just like me. It was good to know that you could ‘fall of the wagon’ and then get back on and just keep on going. I would never have found fat secret which has really helped turn my weight loss around if I hadn’t read about it here.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I’m with you VERANO, will start a reboot on Tuesday. I am having the weekend off on the calorie count. As I told hubby last night I am not a bloody saint and had 2 vodkas and a glass of wine. I know it will put on a bit of weight but still under the 75kg. Just having a nice weekend and did go in for a swim yesterday. It was lovely. Today it is still warm but raining so no pool today.

on

I have just done a check on my naughty weekend treats and even with the wine and vodka I will be having 900 calories and 44 grams carbs. Still okay but not too often.

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunshine-girl the ‘plan’ has to fit in with our own individual lifestyle to make it sustainable and if that means, for you, having the weekend off, or even the odd weekend off, so be it!

But hey when you checked your cals and carbs it was still no where near a ‘binge’ !!!

Ok!!! (Deep breath)!!!

Going to start a new thread for Tuesday …. see you there!

on

Verano, for me it is one weekend per month, if even that. I am normally very good, as you know but just sometimes you want to throw your knickers in the air and say to hell with it. That’s me this weekend, not a care in the world, must be all that mindfulness.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi All

Well tomorrow we will be half way through the second 8 weeks!

At one point there were nearly 30 of us and now we seem to be down to 7 or 8 stalwarts!!

Would love to know what happened to 54fatnomore she was doing so well! The others are too numerous to mention individually but I hope that everyone who started on week 9 is still on the journey.

Would they be the ‘old big knickers’ or the ‘new lacy ones’ sunshine-girl!!!!! Either way you go for it ….. this is ‘it’ not a practice run so may as well enjoy it, but in a healthy way!!!

I’ve started a new thread for a 7day reboot if anybody else wants to join us tomorrow. I’ll be here weighing in anyway.
    Look forward to seeing everyone posting tomorrow!

• posted by loopylou
    on

Did anyone else see Michael Moseley in the daily mail yesterday. It’s all about BSD and recipes everyday this week. I am a stalwart opponent of the Daily Mail but I swallowed my principals and bought it. Yesterday it was stories of people who had lost stunning amounts of weight and reversed diabetes symptoms. One was Lynne. Would that be Captain Lynne. ?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HI LOOPY hope youre well X..yes indeed,our very own Cap’n! Isnt she fab! What a great advert she is for BSD!
    I am anti DM also,but gritted my teeth and read it online. 😝😝😝

• posted by Tizzie
    on

yes, didn’t she look great, red definitely suits her.
    Thought we would see others from the forums in the article, probably came a bit too early for many of us who haven’t reached our goals yet! Maybe next time….
    Verano, -looking forward to weigh in/reboot tomorrow. We all know its easy to loose momentum when weight loss slows or life just gets in the way but hopefully many of the others will return at some point.

• posted by Verano
    on

End of week 12 …. half way through this 8 week challenge and I’m 2.6lbs up over all !!

Holiday over today so now for a 7 day reboot . Will definitely be reporting better results next Tuesday.

Hope you’ve all done better than me over the last 4 weeks …. can only get better!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Weigh in today 3/4lb down from last Tuesday – now 10 stone 6lb. Really happy with that because when I measured my waist it is now 29 1/2 inches and last Tuesday it was 31 inches (this is with the measure pulled tight). So a lot of good things going on with my visceral fat.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi all
    I’m still here, it’s just on Friday, we had two lots of totally separate bad news, one serious potential recurring illness, with one person and serious domestic abuse, to another ,within our extended family, unfortunately the abuser is a tactical arms officer for the met !!! So obviously no talk of coercive control laws a bit of a waste of time there ! and we love the person who’s being abused very much, so it’s very distressing.To have two separate bits of bad news in one day sent me into overdrive a bit. But eating the way I was eating hasn’t improved anything, obviously, so I’ve weighed in and back into control mode, as it’s the only thing I can control at the moment. Surprisingly have put on very little.
    We have a lot to do as a family as we now need to rejig the bedroom formation, so lots and lots to do, but so glad you guys are here, as I definitely must not go back to the level of illness I had before this BSD plan. I am going to need my wellbeing even more now.
    Yes Verano I will join you on the reboot bus. You know now it’s colder, thinking about eating my strawbs and fage in a mo now it’s colder is not so appetising, think I will let them warm up a bit first.
    How are all you guys doing, I haven’t had the time to go through all the emails. Are we all plodding on sitting in the back seat of the bus.🚌🚌🚌

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Jan so sorry about your double whammy of bad news xx v pleased for you that you havent regained much
    We ‘re all here on the back of the bus with hugs for you xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

KRYSIA youre seriously going into TWT…Tiny Waist Territory! XπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    VERANO Good luck with the reboot! Congrats on getting tot he halfway point of 24 weeks! Im just a week behind you finishing wk 11 today x
    Good luck TIZZIE with weigh in tomozz..mine is due too but i only get weighed when i’ m at DDs first thing before i eat or drink..doubt that will happen tomozzz as she has guests staying !

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Jan sorry to hear about your problems. Life’s a bitch sometimes! Glad you’re back in control of your eating because the last thing you need is to start feeling bad about/in yourself.

Come on over to 7 day reboot and hopefully it will give you something else to focus on!

• posted by Indy
    on

Hello, all!

Wow, halfway through another 8 weeks – what a good reminder, Verano! It doesn’t seem like it has been 12 weeks, but time flies!

The last two weeks have been tough for me, work-wise, and last week I was out of town all week and sitting in meetings in a hotel all day, every day. Very little control over what I had to choose from in terms of food and almost no time (unless I sacrificed sleep) to walk/exercise, and I was really worried about what the scale would say when I returned. Oh, I should probably mention that I also drank more in that week than I have in the previous 12 combined – which is to say, less than my former life, but more than I should have done.

So I finally got on the scale this morning (I couldn’t face it yesterday after getting back late the night before) and was a little shocked to see that I’d gained less than half a pound. I was all set for bad news and self-recrimination, and my husband was standing about ten feet away saying, “Now, remember, even if you don’t like what you see, it is only temporary,” etc. because I’d confessed all my sins about food and drink and he knew I was anxious.

Weigh-in: Down a total of 8 lbs since the end of the first 8 weeks, 40 lbs overall on the diet, and 52.5 lbs since Jan. 1. 42.6 lbs to go!!! I really want to get to the “under 40 lbs to lose” stage!

What the last week taught me:
    I am going to feel guilty if I am not exercising and I was almost paralyzed by not being able to control my meals, and that’s probably bad. It turns out I made ok choices, but I was far more worried about eating the wrong thing than the prospect of just not eating at all.

I think this means I need to make a few adjustments:

1. Most importantly, avoid these situations. I could have been very clear with the conference organizers about my food restrictions, but I hate to be a bother and figure it is my problem, not theirs. But I also could have gone to a local grocery store and made some purchases that would have helped me avoid the problem; and, I could have paid more attention to the conference schedule in advance so I was prepared to give up an hour of sleep in order to fit in exercise.

2. Give myself a break. I’m so afraid of backsliding that I’ve somehow convinced myself that any deviation from the plan is going to immediately result in a 50 lb gain or a slippery slope to it. I need to chill out. Of course, if moderation was my talent, I wouldn’t be in the position of trying to lose almost 100 lbs to begin with, right? πŸ™‚

3. Be more open with people. I think, had I shared my situation with others, I could have counted on them to excuse me from some of the social things in order to take better care of myself. That’s not 100% true – one of my closest friends was there and there is a 1/1 correlation b/w being around her and my misbehaving! – but it’s largely true, and people understand and have generally been supportive when I have been honest.

I guess I just want to acknowledge that, even when things are going the right direction overall, food is still this scary presence in my life and, while I may have established the right habits now for eating and exercising, I may be a bit behind mentally and need to put some effort into normalizing my relationship with food and exercise!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

INDY enjoyed reading yr thoughtful and helpful post! And dont you have a lovely caring OH!
    totally resonate with a lot of yr comments especially ..of course if moderation was my talent,i wdnt have almost 100 lb to lose! I share yr all or nothing tendency..can become very uptight about cals/ carb consumption but i can also go crazy,drawing a chair up to the fridge and eating the entire contents!
    Ditto re still being a bit scared around food, me too,despite losing very well over the last 11 weeks ..just taking a friend for lunch yesterday as a birthday treat filled me with trepidation ..but went extremely smoothly in fact.
    We will get over such anxieties given time and with learning lessons like youve just done after yr weeks away x i think you passed that test really well and will feel much more confident if/ when a similar situation arises! X

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Jan
    sorry to hear that you have family problems to handle – sounds like a tough week.
    I know it’s tempting to fall back on carby/sugary stuff as a comfort, so well done for getting back to BSD so quickly.
    If you’re eating well, and no reason to fret about what you’ve eaten, you’ll probably feel tons more able to cope with it all.

Well done Indy – sounds as if you managed it well, but the added reflection had given you even more tools for next time.

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Jan,πŸ™‹

So sad to hear of your recent troubles. It is so important to remember to take care of yourself – especially when you are so busy taking care of others!

I am in midst of yet another pesky plateau (which I should be more than used to by now) though I am finding it particularly frustrating this time. Your post was a timely reminder to myself to ‘not sweat the small stuff’!

The bus is still travelling on…we are still travelling on it😊

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Imogen

Thankyou for your kind words, glad we are all on the bus together.

🚌🚌🚌

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi frog

Thankyou for your kind words, but back on the bus as it’s the only thing I can control at the mo, so keeping me sane, πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Verano

Yes I will join your reboot, fortunately have only put on .6 kg so at least that’s okay., but thankyou for your kind words, onwards and upwards.
    Back on the bus 🚌🚌🚌

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Jan, Verano and all I am still here. Also a few other issues. Jan so sorry to hear about your family problems. I am still on the bus! Creeping downwards, bouncing upwards, but still here.Indy you are doing well.

Frog, Yowzer Krysia, Jan, and all you folks in the NHS – I was thinking. Prof Taylor and his ilk have a built in research group because all your before bloods and sugar levels are all carefully noted in your health records. I think you need to suggest that some-one compiles a list of you all – Lynne, Bill, etc and even though there is no control group surely there would be enough data on this forum for some happy researchers.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Jan so sorry to hear of your family problems. You have done so well to get back onto the BSD with all that is going on.

Ruthdownunder – you know I hadn’t thought that of course the NHS has extensive ‘before BSD’ data on all diabetic patients. My next consultant appointment is on 25th October and I am going in armed with MM’s book. My March hb1ac was 50 so am really looking forward to seeing what it is now.

Indy – I really enjoyed reading your post. Your husband is so sensible and obviously knows you very well. I recognize some of my own behaviours from your post – and I had to smile about the remark about one of your closest friends encouraging your misbehaving. My sister – who has never had a weight issue ever – is exactly the same.

• posted by Avila
    on

Going for a second 8 weeks – earlier this week I joined up with the facebook BSD group, lots of similar stories and questions and wobbles as on the forums here. One big difference is that they are really pushing that should have a month off from the 800cal counting (though staying BSD principles) between rounds of the 8 weeks. But people here are happy to go straight through – any idea where they may have got the month break from, it seems to be quoted there as though MM gospel.

Curious thats all – I am going to go straight through into next week, though have had a couple of weeks not at 800 cal in the midst of my 8 anyway!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Ruth krisia and anyone I have missed
    Thank you so much for your gentle supportive words, you are all such lovely people, in my day to day life we haven’t told anyone about the two things going on as everyone has so much to contend and both these things are enormous for both people, and I know it would cause melt down if I told some of my family they couldn’t cope with it all. but I feel strangely very close to all of you so hence why I’m able to talk here 🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺 But hey it’s all good training for my mind. We will all have stuff causing worry and concern it just ebbs and flows in severity doesn’t it. So I am going to focus on getting over the 3 st mark not weighing today, as I was a bit spontaneous yesterday with some toast just because I got anxious.
    Shopping today amongst other things, and I am ordering the new recipe book to get regigged
    Wishing you all a good day ahead
    Jan πŸ’œ

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Sending you hugs JAN..yes we are lucky on here..a lovely close knit band of mutually supportive pals. The internet has many downsides but also so much good too x
    AVILA thats interesting about FB and the month gap,i wonder where that idea came from and why they see it as gospel? I can see why it could be a good idea but i want to just push on,finish cycle 2 and get another cycle in before the year ends,then think about how i go forward from there x

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Morning! Am on same bus with you guys even if am quiet…huge gentle hugs to all needing one xx

I ended my day yesterday badly….so am back on track AGAIN today.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Snap 1960 some toast attacked me yesterday evening lol, but on it and at it today, we are on the battle bus altogether. I’m having a sing in the back seat 🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀 Feeling a bit crackers today, πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

• posted by greenjanet
    on

But at least if I’m singing I can’t push anything in my mouth, think I will stay crackers lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• posted by Verano
    on

Keep on singing Jan!!!!

Avila …. Interesting notion that it’s best to take a month off between rounds. I have just been on holiday for most of September and have followed the principles but certainly not stuck to 800 or anywhere near it!!!! I put on 2.6lbs, just over a kilo, and am doing a 7 day reboot at the moment keeping within 30g of carbs. Today is only day 2 but it may be interesting to see if my ‘break’ from BSD kick starts my body into losing more!!!

Will keep you updated.

• posted by Tizzie
    on

Hi All,
    Been a little busy this week so not had time to check in earlier but at the halfway point of this second round I’d dropped another 10lbs. Not quite on target for my goal of 2 stone in 8 weeks but its near enough. I knew losses were going to be slower this time and I haven’t been tracking accurately (til this weeks 7d reboot anyway).

Interesting about the break from strict 800, I do think weight loss will speed up again initially after a break but the end result may not be as much weight loss over time as if the diet had been continued. It may be that seeing fast loss is re-motivating, and it may be to reduce the risk of not getting enough nutrients on just fast 800. Doesn’t seem to have done CaptL any harm, although I think most of us will naturally have times where we increase food intake anyway for a variety of reasons. I have so much to lose I just want to keep going as best as I can manage.

Jan, sorry to hear of your family troubles hope you are coping with all that stress. x

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi all you lovely BSD bus peeps,

IM BACK!!!!!!!! Been to stress land and back, eaten carbs ++++++++ not the solution, so I’m on it and at it.

Yowser luvvy, don’t get despondent, the inches never seem to happen at the same time as the weight loss, feel the bod, are the curves smoothing out, keep up the good work πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹

I’ve missed you all, and so I didn’t miss out have spent over an hour going through 330 emails to catch up, so we’ll done everyone, keep going, imagine Xmas with a slimmer bod. Woo hoo.

Chicken stir fry for dinner with courgettes, and spring onions, yum.

Am now going to order the new BSD book and a spirallizer.

πŸšŒπŸšŒπŸšŒπŸšŒπŸšŒπŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹waving

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Sooooogood to hear from you GREENJANET JAN! Arent you lovely trawling thru the messages,bless you
    Big hugs and glad to have you on the bus ….beep beep!
    Ps yes,pleased to report those curves are deffo getting smoother! Not such a Lumpy Lulu any more!
    Stir fry sounds scrummy,i’ m coming round to yours for tea! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yowser, I remember you saying you waved goodbye to the carb monster as it wondered of down the road, and this plan is simples pimples, so on the bus we are rocking and waving. Missed speaking to you. Onwards to a slimmer Xmas yeaaaaa.

Ooh yes come round for dinner, I’m in Kent short pop over from wherever you are. 🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hehe JANsave me some food..i ‘ll be at yrs about 11pm!..on my way from Liverpool right now! πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ x
    I’m driving the bus so ive got all the backseat gang with me heeheeh ! X

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ot oh I’ve eaten it, it was lush. safe journey are you going or coming back to Liverpool don’t snack on the way πŸ˜‡πŸƒπŸ˜‡

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

JAN i think we might have to grab a snack coz youve eaten all our supper! We better find a motorway services as soon as we can..will they have anything low carb i wonder! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹ x

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Well there’s always a cup of tea lol

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ok get the kettle on Jan! β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈ Xx

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hi everyone
    I have returned from Italy one day later than planned as Easy Jet cancelled our flight on Sunday evening. This trip was a complete failure for me in terms of BSD as we ate at friends of friends or restaurants where they just bring you food (which was lovely but not at all BSD friendly – lots of bread and pasta and very few veggies in sight – not MM’s mediterranean diet, that’s for sure). In fact knowing that it was going to be difficult and I was not going to stick to BSd made me think it was OK to stop BSD a couple of days before I went! I am my own worst enemy.
    Anyway I have put on shed loads of weight, but am ready and back on the bus … again.

How did you 30g carb girls get on? Was it possible and was it worth it? I may have to give your 7 day reset a go. I could certainly do with it. I have been rubbish this 8 weeks with very slow weight loss. I can’t remember if I’ve got 2 or 3 weeks left, but I intend to give it my best shot.

Glad you’re all there with me. Otherwise I may have just given up.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Welcome back loopylou

I was the same while I was away, but did a quick reboot and lost it again. Anyway starting today with Verona and KrysiaD for a week, I have to say this eight weeks around I have been up down and all over the place, and am at end of week 13 tomorrow, having lost 1.40kg in this section after all the messing around. Anyway today’s a new day, rebooting, I am going to stay at 800/40 as I need veg, see what it is by the next Tuesday. Join us if you are ready. It’s on another of Veronas threads.
    😊😊😊

• posted by captainlynne
    on

You may also wish to see Panorama that as on BBC1 on Monday night. Available on iplayer.

It was an hourlong programme about the effects of type 2 diabetes. Not much (if any) dietary advice. Their treatment of choice for reversing the diabetes is bariatric surgery, but the patients have to go on a 800-1000 calorie a day diet for a month before surgery.

The amount of money being spent by the NHS on prescriptions, hospital admissions, surgery and aftercare was eye watering 😱 Between us, we are saving the NHS a fortune by either turning our diabetes around, or reducing the risk of developing it. πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi eVERYONE

Just aware that our last week of the second 8 starts on Tuesday …. week 16!! Not sure if its been a long hard slog but it certainly does seem like a life time ago that I stated to eat low carb healthy fat. I have been enjoying the plan although I did go AWOL when I was away in September

Anyway for me, a slow loser, I’ve lost 26lbs which is a lot less than some people but nonetheless it’s a LOSS of nearly 2 stone so no shame in that!!!!!

So last push in the last week anyone? For me 2lbs would make me a happy bunny.

Don’t know if there’s still anyone out there but if anyone ‘hears’ me lets make the last week count … Last Week Last Push!!!
    ( then time to think about what comes next!)

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Verano

Well done on losing 26 pounds so far πŸ˜ƒπŸ’

You could lose that extra 2 pounds this week, looking forward to reading how it goes πŸ˜ƒ

Do you think you’ll continue on the BSD for longer?

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Verano
    Yes – I would like to join you on making this last week of the 2nd 8 weeks count – Last Week Last Push!!!

Very well done on your super weight loss and very healthy diet. Thank you also for the threads that you have started because they have really motivated me.

I do believe though that I have beaten you to the slow losers award as it took me 4 months to lose my first 14lbs. That probably gets the record for slow losers!

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Hi Verano, I am listening and still trying. You have done very well. I am drifting downwards very very slowly, but still sticking to the bsd principles most of the time. Hi Lynne, to answer your question to Verano, I cannot seem to want other foods, except maybe a little wine…. Hope all goes well with you. Do you ever retire?

Please log in or register to post a reply.