2nd 8 weeks starting Tuesday August 30th

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

ps Lynne, I was able to watch the Fat v Carbs on dietdoctor. Very interesting

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi KrysiaD ( and Verano) don’t worry about losing slowly. Remember the tortoise and the hare ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hi Ruth – me, retire? Doesn’t seem to be a word in my vocabulary at the moment. Either on the BSD or in ‘real’ life! I’m sticking with the BSD principles, trying to slowly increase calories while still watching carbs. Perhaps it’s good that I’ve been away from home so often during my journey that I’ve developed coping strategies along the way ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

In ‘real’ life, I hope to work until I’m 70 (another 4 years) – but then continue part-time!

Part of the reason for my BSD journey was to make me as healthy as possible to achieve that other goal.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Captainlynne – yes you are so right – the tortoise did win in the end. In a way – the slow weight loss over the first four months was so good for me because it gave me time to really embed the BSD principles into my life and I only needed to tweak things a bit to get faster weight loss since beginning of September.

I am with you about retirement not being a word in my vocabulary. I want to carry on working well into my 70s (I am 68 now) and before BSD I was facing the prospect that diabetes complications would force me to retire quite soon which really upset me – or probably devastated me would be more accurate. So thank you for leading the way – it has been so good to follow in your footsteps.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi KrysiaD

We keep each other going throughout this journey ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi! Glad I’ve some company here!

Lynne … yes will continue BSD but think I may take a few weeks doing 5:2. I think that maybe my body needs a bit of mixing up food wise. I am starting to think that staying low for too long stops me losing and a few weeks of more calories may help to kick start when I go lower again!!!!!

Who knows!! But will keep eating this way … I love it!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

VERANO I think you have a valid point there..sometimes we have to trick the body!
    I’m 2 weeks off completing cycle 2 of BSD and i have deffo slowed down a lot. Have lost three stone in less than 14 weeks tho,which i’ m more than happy with,and i’m hoping to do one more cycle ..but if the weight loss continues to be a very slow lb here and there,, i might 5:2 ,even if only one week,to remind my body that hey we want better results than that! X

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Verano and Yowzer – sounds like a good plan ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Verano
    on

If there’s anyone out there HI!!!!

Just 6 days left until the last weigh-in of our second 8 weeks.

Can’t believe that I’ve been following this plan, albeit loosely at times, for the last 15 weeks. I have learnt a lot about food, about myself, and about how valuable it is to have so many people on the same journey, ready to praise when you do well, but maybe more importantly, to pick you up when you fall.

So, last 6 days of 112! For those who have completed the journey and reached their goals ‘WELL DONE!’ for those of us still on the path we need to make the last 6 days count. Weigh-in next Tuesday !!

I’ve just had three days off-plan. I stopped counting and logging without any problem. I thought I might have started to become obsessive about ‘counting’ but no, no withdrawal symptoms when I stopped!!! I have put on 1.8lbs but hey it was worth it and now I’m ready to get back to the plan. It will be interesting to see if upping my carb/calorie intake for a few days will kick-start my weight loss again!

My goal is now 3.8lbs and I hope to lose those over the next 12 days in time for my diabetic review on the 31st. We’ll see!!

Good luck everyone. One LAST PUSH!!!!!

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hi
    I am still here. Just completed my second eight weeks today. It’s been a very mixed experience. I haven’t stuck to plan and consequently my weight has been up and down with a final loss of 8.5 pounds. Total loss overall of 1 stone 8.5 pounds. I had hoped for two stone but the lack of discipline and will power lies firmly on my shoulders.
    The first 8 weeks I was really following no carb (except wine sometimes) and I didn’t crave carbs but I’ve been very lax this 8 weeks. For example it was my turn to take biscuits to my writing class last night. And I ate some (even though I haven’t when other people brought them in!) oh well, I shall say I have been practicing maintainance. The silly thing is I know when I stick to plan, the weight shifts and I want to shift this weight more than anything, but in the moment that biscuit is calling to me, I don’t seem to have the will power to resist.
    Still a loss is a loss and I am embracing that. If I can really get my head around no carbs and get into it again I would like to carry on.

Well done everyone else. Although I haven’t been posting I have been reading and your posts keep me going, you know who you are!

Good luck to all you other 16 week finishers.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Verano loopylou and anyone else here.

Ditto Lou I’ve just finished my 2nd eight weeks, and I am exactly the same weight I was to the .kg that I was when I weighed in at 8 weeks, I’ve also been very lax, constantly eating carbs, bread especially. I have had a worrying time lately, but my lack of self discipline, has rather shocked me as per how I was the first 8 weeks, I was faultless, so I’m putting it down to worries, and colder weather. But salvation I have finally got organized and ordered the recipe book and I’m going to order a spirallizer when I finish speaking to you both. I want Bologneise again with courgette spaghetti.
    I had to laugh The other day I made soup in my soup maker, and couldn’t find the lead, and realised it was under all the Passatta etc in the soup maker. Hey ho so anyway this is day 1 week 17 and I’m going to get from my current 101.5 kg and get back to 99kg so that’s this weeks target. And order the spiral thingy. I’m also going to try and interact more here as it helps to keep me focused, and I miss all you guys, all our invisible friends. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—
    Hope today is good for you .

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi loopylou and Jan

I know exactly what you mean about the second 8 weeks. I was lucky because I was away for the best part of September and only stuck loosely to the plan. In fact I probably only kept to the no simple carbs bit certainly didn’t stick to the ‘occasional’ glass of red!!!! Anyway just put on 2.6lbs which I lost quickly by doing a 7 day reboot. Just 7 days! And that motto has got me through the last 3 weeks …. small challenges of just 7days.

Loopylou do you really mean NO carbs??? If you do maybe it’s too low!!! Also probably unattainable. Maybe if you try and start again, if you want to, one week at a time and don’t think of it in huge chunks of 8 weeks. You could start by having maybe 100carbs and 1200 calories a day just to ease yourself back in and then gradually cut down if you’re not losing the weight you want.

I really do need to lose weight but my primary objective is to get off Metformin. I don’t know if you’re diabetic but if you are try and think of it as a health measure for the future!

Jan it’s amazing what you can do with a few spiralised courgettes!!!!

Anyway for me this is day 1 of 6 then next Tuesday I’ll be re-grouping and moving on, still with Fast 800 for one more week , then maybe 5:2 for a few weeks. We’ll see!

Have a good day!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yes Verano,

It’s strange how everyone at the end of week eight has dispersed, or fallen into what I have been doing an unknowing 5-2, hence why I have maintained on week 8 result. Which seems bonkers when I think of what I have eaten. I am no longer type 2 but still have 5 stone I want to shift. My warfarin blood results are also now all over the place since I have been eating refined carbs again. So I am going to make a big push on 800/50 and see what I can achieve this week. See if my bloods settle down as they are dangerous if it’s too high, as at the moment.

So I’m planning on being on here a lot, to keep focused.

๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Good luck everyone for the next 6 days. I am sticking to 800/30 again this week. I am at last eating a proper Mediterranean diet now I am including fish. So the challenge we did last week was really helpful as I don’t think I would have added fish without it.

This morning down a half pound so hopefully weight will continue to move down. Blood sugar before lunch 3.9. I wonder if my visceral fat has all gone now which means my pancreas is working better. Also it is possible that the beta cells are regenerating now I am not getting blood sugar spikes.

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hi Verano, No of course i don’t mean NO carbs, just no refined carbs. In the first 8 weeks I was trying to stick to 50g, then in the second 8 weeks when I was sticking to plan, I did 30g, It is amazing how much you can eat and still stick to 30g. Today I had a nature valley protein salted caramel bar and my figures still are 821 calories and 28g carbs for the day.

Jan, I am sorry to hear about all your stresses. It’s a wonder you’ve maintained your current weight with all that has been going on. But time to refocus our energies for weeks 17-24! I want another stone gone.

Krysia, you have done so well. You are my inspiration. I long to be 10 stone something.

Thankfully I am not diabetic but good luck to all who have their reviews coming up.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi loopylou …. thought that might be the case!!!!

Hi Krysia well done on the weight loss . So glad the challenge worked for you I’m a lover of most fish, not keen on monk fish! Had some really lovely sea bass last night. It was served in a very light sauce with peas and pea shoots, didn’t eat the croquette! I’m starting to think that I will manage without counting in a few weeks. Not sure but it may have been Frog who said that you can sort of count in your head so you know instinctively if something is really high carb.

Not sure if this will appear as the last message my computer is a bit up the wall and I can’t log in on the last page!!

• posted by Frog
    on

Hello

I wondered where everyone had gone to! I thought all moved on to “7 DAYS (3) โ€ฆ ‘ADD A LITTLE EXTRA’ โ€ฆ TUESDAY 11TH OCTOBER” – Just me!

Hi Jan
    Do get a spiraliser – they’re brilliant.
    I’ve been really pleased with the Salter spiraliser that I bought a few weeks ago – they;re available for ยฃ12 on Amazon now, the same as I paid in a local suermarket.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Salter-BW04294-Multi-Purpose-Vegetable-Spiralizer/dp/B0142TK6YO/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1476894718&sr=1-1&keywords=salter+spiralizer
    The first one that I got (one of the tiny pencil sharpener ones) hasn’t lasted brilliantly some of the teeth on ‘blades’ are bent – and it never did cut such nicely defined curls as the new one – and you can do larger veg too.
    Lynne recommended one by cuisique (the day after I’d ordered the first one!).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PR54V30/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=25QDCOFFOHKHK&coliid=I17194YQUQY0J&psc=1

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi frog luvvy.

Ooh I’ve gone crackers and ordered an electric one, it looks very sturdy, as I’m going to use it all the time, as I am the same weight I was at end of week 8 I’m getting serious now day 1 week 17 so I’m on target today 717/40 eaten so all good, also now got the new recipe book so this eve planning some lovely meals.

How you doing, I loose track of where everyone is at in the plan.

๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi greenjanet, let us know what you think of it. I’m up for something more versatile than the one I bought…

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Woooohoooo JAN that sounds very snazzy! X you’ ll be spiralizing anything thats not nailed down ! X

• posted by Avila
    on

I have just ordered a starter basic spiraliser from ebay – to see if I am likely to cook that way rather than just chunks of veg. How long do people cook courgetti etc for, given sliced so finely?

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Frog

Glad you found us I know we’ve been al over the show lately!!!

Hi Avila if I do courgetti in a puttanesca source I fry them lightly for a couple of minutes then add the sauce and heat through so they still have ‘bite’. In soup I just throw them in and heat through in the microwave for 3 mins of so.

I’ve only spiralised courgette but I will try carrot. I’ve got the Salter and I’m not sure how strong it is for ‘hard’ vegetables. Dose anybody know?

• posted by Frog
    on

Hello
    have just drunk more wine than since forever – and I had a glass at lunch time too.

However, I did amass the most impressive plate of high carb canape debris – we are talking:
    – vol-au-vent cases – ate the prawns, initially just left the bases, but got very adept at abandoning more of the pastry case as the evening wore on
    – the toast bases of smoked salmon and caviar
    – the toast bases of salmon mousse
    – the rice of salmon sushi (I am beginning to feel sorry for anyone that didn’t like salmon)
    – 95% of something that was supposed to be a cheese croquette. I assumed it was hot, but it turned out to be cold, and was essentially cold mashed potato in breadcrumbs – disgusting
    – the fried breadcrumb surround of an asparagus fritter

eaten in total, no debris:
    goats cheese with beetroot on a cheesy & sun dried tomato pastry base – yes carby, but delicious, and I have NO idea how many I ate
    chicken breast on a skewer – no carbs, doesn’t count
    Fishballs (2) we were undecided about what the sish was with to make it into a fishball. Or which fish.
    raspberry sitting in a dark chocolate case (3)

on the plus side, I did day “no” to going to the pub afterwards
    now to decide on bed or stay up & watch the Clinton/trump debate. I can’t quite bring myself to call it “Presidential”

oooh – Wednesday
    GBBO on Iplayer while I decide

I have walked an impressive 17k steps today, but probably 4k ish of that ambling around Tate Modern, so that doesn’t really count!

• posted by Frog
    on

gbbo
    if i had a savarin here, I would eat it.
    all of it.

• posted by loopylou
    on

Good detritus Frog. The food sounds amazing. Well done on being so reliant. What is gbbo?
    Good job Jan on day 1 of week 17. I was virtuous too and an 1 lb loss this morning.
    Is the new recipe book worth buying?

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Frog
    I am really impressed with your carb detritus also.

Had a weird day yesterday. For the first time since I started the BSD in May I felt really hungry and light headed. All day my blood sugars kept dropping down into the 3s. I had intended to do 800 calories but decided to increase it. I really fancied some 85% dark chocolate so had 2 squares with my lunch and one with my dinner which really helped. After a really active evening I was again starving before bedtime, which is quite unusual, with a bg of 3.6 again. I had a real craving for peanut butter so had a huge teaspoon of meridian peanut butter and felt ok.

On the scales this morning I quite expected to go up a bit but instead have dropped to 9st 11 3/4lbs from 9st 13lb yesterday. I can’t even begin to imagine how that happened. Fasting blood sugars 4.4 this morning.

So I think I will revise my goals for the week. Calories between 800 and 1100.Carbs still around 30 as I think the carb level is the most important number for me. I will adjust the calories to my hunger levels. This is probably how a non-carb addicted person eats but -since I met my carb addicted husband in 1968 I have spent my whole adult life as an overweight carb addict – I really don’t know how a non-carb addict eats. I am really in uncharted waters now.

Had a lovely breakfast of a semi hardboiled egg, half an avocado and a small fillet of smoked mackerel plus some homemade Kefir. This is a million miles away from my carb laden pre BSD breakfasts.

My hba1c is next week. The last one was 50 and I am looking forward to finding out what this one will be.

• posted by Timmy
    on

@loupylou, GBBO is the Great British Bake Off.

I like the carb detritus technique, and it is one that I have employed on several occasions.

This week has been disastrous for me. Apart from drinking too much booze (standard), I’ve fallen off the wagon quite bad, but not anything like I would have been eating previously. Started a new contract on Monday, and the local food place didn’t do anything that didn’t involve mega carbs. In that situation I’d normally go for wrap, but they didn’t even have that, so I went for a granary bread toasty instead. That evening I raided the kids cupboard and eat 3 packets of hoola hoops! Minging. I don’t even want my kids eating that filth, so I don’t think we’ll be buying it again. I also had a slice of cheese & marmite on toast (which was lush!).

I’m feeling pretty rubbish now too as I’ve worked 14 days straight, but I’ve got half a day off tomorrow, so hopefully a bit of recovery time! Fairly quiet weekend too, which I need!

Strangely though, even though I’ve lapsed quite badly, my weight hasn’t really changed. I’m pretty sure my shape has though (the wrong way unfortunately). Still nothing drastic. I’ve got 44 days left until I’m 40, and I’m determined to get rid of the last 10lbs (which is 7lbs more than my original target!).

Onwards and slimwards.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Krysia

I’m not sure that 800 is a good idea in the long term especially as you really don’t have much to lose . You’re probably right to increase the calories to match your hunger. Just see how you go.

Well done Frog no way could I have resisted! I love finger food ! Sushi, ah I really miss sushi!!!

Anyway, back to my choices for today soup, cottage cheese … Oh so boring!!! Mustn’t think like that … onward!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Well done Frog ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡

Loopylou, good weight loss ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘and yes book looks very inspiring worked 16 hours yesterday so no time, but on the plus side had 710/40 yesterday, and today have lost I’m sure solmethings wrong but 2 kilos, so only .3 k to go to get back to my lowest.
    But hey I don’t care my scales are having a be kind to me day so I’m going with it. Love measuring in kilos so much kinder and encouraging, why don’t they make everyday scales to measure parts of a lb but anyway, good day ahead, mind you very tired so need to be mindful today as I’m at my weakest when I’m like that.

Can’t wait for the spiralizer to arrive, ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Happy day everyone ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ”๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi KrysiaD

Well done for listening to your body, if you look up ketosis, and how it works, when we are eating this way, it will most likely answer your queries, it’s very complex, but explains plateaus, weight loss etc. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by topcac
    on

My scales measure in quarter pounds greenjanet ๐Ÿ™‚ can sometimes be a blessing – sometimes not!!

I miss sushi tooooo!!!!!!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh that’s impressive, mines a basic one from the charity shop ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

• posted by Verano
    on

I think all electronic scales measured in 0.2lb intervals when measuring in pounds not sure about stones and pounds. Sometimes not a good idea!!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Loopylou congratulations on your 1lb weight loss this morning. The reward for being virtuous.

Greenjanet – 2kg down is amazing.

Timmy – I am not surprised that you ‘fell of the wagon’. You must have been exhausted after all that non-stop working. Thank goodness you have a quieter weekend ahead. Your food choices must have been better than pre BSD which is why the scales were kind to you.

Greenjanet – I looked up ketosis and yes you were right. It did explain what was going on yesterday.

Verano – you were right also about the 800 calories being too few calories now.

There was a really good explanation and chart on a website. It shows why 800 calories works really well when you have a lot of fat to burn as fuel as the body can solely exist on burning its stored fat. Which is why it worked brilliantly up to yesterday. But as your fat stores drop your body cannot get enough calories from stored fat alone to burn in ketosis to cover the energy it needs to to keep in ketosis, especially if you are really active – which I am now. You have to add fat from your diet to supplement the stored fat you are burning as you get closer to target. If you don’t do that you start burning lean muscle mass as fuel instead.

It makes sense that it would be very difficult to eat enough fat on 800 calories to help you stay in ketosis. So it was really interesting that it was the high fat stuff my body was crying out for me to eat yesterday – 87% dark chocolate, peanut butter, Olive oil, double cream. When I ate these in moderation (I think the key word is moderation) I felt ok. So I will now aim for around 1000 calories unless I am having a ‘couch potato’ day.

So thank you so much for helping me to make sense of what went on yesterday.

So today I have added a bit more healthy fat and the light headed and hungry feeling has gone.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi everyone

So, last 4 days of sixteen weeks!!

Well done to everyone who’s still logging in here for making it so far. There are quite a lot of people who started with us but are now ‘silent’ . I hope that they have benefitted from this plan and reached a good place in their lives and if not that they’ll come back and join us.

I guess the time has almost come to evaluate the last 16 weeks …. successes, lapses, lessons learnt, weight lost and sometimes gained!

I gained yesterday after a few static days which seemed like a plateau. I have now checked back over the last week’s diary and can see that it’s no plateau it’s wine!!! I was away for a few days and then a night out and it all adds up. At least I know why I gained weight!! Lesson learned!!!

I’m going to look back at the last 16 weeks over the weekend but have to ask the question….
    WHERE NEXT????

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi verano

I’ve aired evaluated my 16 weeks and as I still have 5 st to loose I keep going but you are doing so well do you have much more you want to loose
    ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

After looking up ketosis yesterday I suddenly remembered the Keto calculator which I had completely forgotten about. So this morning I added my new weight and guesstimate of body fat into the Keto calculator. Anything below 1000 calories a day it flagged up a warning that I would be burning lean muscle mass – so 1000 calories is my minimum but I will need to keep checking as I continue to lose weight as it will need to increase.

So thank you Greenjanet and Verano – I would never have worked that out on my own. It absolutely did not occur to me that being close to my goal weight the body cannot get enough fat to burn and needs more dietary fat to stay in ketosis

So yesterday was 38 carbs and 1113 calories. I felt really good again. Checked this morning and I was firmly in ketosis and b/s 3.9. So all good.

I haven’t had a single gram of starchy carbs since 1st May and I am going to continue with that. But am looking forward to adding back into my diet some special treats that I have really missed. More nuts, more blueberries and cherries and more 87% chocolate and a bit more double cream. All in moderation of course. I will continue with fat secret because it takes all the stress out of working out the calories and I am afraid I do need it otherwise I could well go ‘off the rails’

So I will continue in ketosis to my goal weight – it will be a much slower loss but it will be fat not muscle. So the journey continues after ‘a route re-calculation’. I am really looking forward to it.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’ll have to remember that for when I’ve lost a significant amount, KrysiaD.

• posted by loopylou
    on

Krysia – it is a learning journey. You’d think at this age we’d know how to eat, but clearly not.

Timmy, I regularly fall off the wagon, but isn’t it strange how the falls aren’t nearly as bad as the stuff we would have eaten in the past, even allowing for the 3 packets of hula hoops. Inspired by you I had a piece of cheese with marmite on it yesterday (no toast), but it didn’t do it for me.

I have been feeling very headachy and tired the last two days and yesterday I had that craving for food that can’t really be satisfied (probably a craving for something else like sleep). I did wonder if that after my lapses , now that Im being strict, I had carb flu again!

Anyway I seem to be like Krysia in that I can go over the calorie limit , but as long as I stick to 30g carb, I still lose. I was about 1200 calories but only 33 g carb yesterday and lost another 3/4 pound this morning. Yes jan, my scales weigh in 1/4 pounds too. And I count each 1/4 pound!

I have a busy few days. Out most of today with friends coming round for curry tonight and then off to London tomorrow to sing with the carnival band.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Loopylou – I think it isn’t so much that at our age we ought to know how to eat but more we have been fed some appalling diet myths over our lifetimes. Thank goodness we have found a way of eating that works.

Well done on your weight loss. The carbs around 30 definitely works for me also.

Hope you enjoy your evening with friends and your day in London singing with the carnival band.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi

Krysia and loopylou I think I may need low carbs like you. I gained again this morning, only 0.4lb but still a gain. I have looked back over the last month and when I was sticking to less than 30g carbs I was losing but now I’m closer to 40/50 I’m gaining!!

Time for another 7 day reboot for me! So DAY 1 of 7 for me!

Have a good day!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Verano – hope your day went well and you met your 30g target.

Yesterday 24 carbs and 1130 calories. Because calories are higher now I did jump on the scales this morning – but weight (thank goodness) has stayed the same at 9st 11 1/2lbs.

Today I forgot that we were trying out the smoked mackeral frittata from the new recipe book when I got home from work this evening. So I started the day with 2 eggs and an avocado. The frittata was lovely and made a lovely dinner – very filling. I finished it off with a square of 87% chocolate.

Energy levels are definately much better with the increased calories and fat. I am thinking that I probably will lose quite slowly from now on – so thank goodness that my scales show quarter pounds.

I tested ketones and I am in ketosis. I definitely could feel that I had lots of energy – especially during my 30 minutes fast walking this evening.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi

Didn’t manage 30g yesterday but did increase my water intake …. result today down!!!! Just 0.6lb but going in the right direction again!!

Day 2 … will do better today!

Have a good day!

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hiya
    I didn’t manage 30g carbs either yesterday . I was exhausted when I got back from London and succumbed to the wine devil. (I meant to have only one glass), but the scales have been forgiving.
    I will be more on fleek(as my teenagers say) today. Going to get out in my very untidy garden and enjoy the sunshine.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hope you had a lovely time in London Loopylou – even though it was exhausting.

Verano – great that the scales are going down again.

I did 30g carbs yesterday and 1237 calories – so am on track. Weight stable.
    Today is start of half term so am looking forward to a less hectic week and lots of walking.

A client was doing a fundraiser for a brain tumour charity (her 42 year old daughter has a brain tumour and doesn’t have long to live). My client had done lots of drawings and paintinings to sell – I had no idea she was such a fantastic artist. We bought two paintings. There were some lovely homemade cakes to have with our coffee. I wasn’t tempted at all and just had black coffee – which was really good. I really don’t recognise this thinner, fish eating person who has absolutely no cravings for the sweet stuff. Husband had some homemade shortbread and you know – I didn’t even notice him eating it.

She did say I musn’t loose any more weight. She is the second person to say it.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi KrysiaD

Another black coffee drinker ๐Ÿ˜€โ˜•๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป When all else fails, drink black coffee (or sparkling water)LOL.

Well done on resisting the cakes and shortbread ๐Ÿ˜€

I’ve had people say the same to me. I think they are so used to seeing us look a particular way that it takes them a while to accept the changes they see in us. After all, if it takes us a while to get used to seeing a ‘new person’ in the mirror, it must be just as hard (if not more so) for others.

I’ve kept going to a weight that suits me and is inside my healthy BMI, and I’ve seen the nurse along the way. I’d suggest you keep going until you think it’s time to stop.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Thank you Captainlynne
    That is very good advice. I will carry on and lose some more lbs until it feels right for me. There is definitely a bit more fat there to get rid of.

It is taking a while for me to get used to looking at the ‘new person’ in the mirror and I hadn’t thought that it would be harder for other people. My client had been away since April looking after her daughter and I started BSD on 1st May. She said when she started back to classes a couple of weeks ago I looked like a completely different person.

I got the black coffee idea when there is nothing available that is BSD friendly from one of your posts. It really does work – especially as I do love coffee.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Evening all.
    I have found flavoured coffee called Beanies- they do Bailey’s, chocolate orange and I think coconut. A cup with, in my case a tiny bit of Truvia, really hits the spot when I have had enough water to sink a ship!
    X B

• posted by captainlynne
    on

You are welcome KrysiaD ๐Ÿ˜€

Glad I could help! It took me a while to understand why people weren’t commenting on my weight loss- they often thought I might be ill. Then I realised that they were so used to seeing the old, fat, me that they were taking time to take the new, slim, me as the new ‘norm’. Anyone who I now meet, who hasn’t seen me before, will just accept me as I am now.

It’s been the same with my contact lenses. Nobody commented for two weeks. Then one person asked where my glasses were!

I do like to confuse people ๐Ÿ˜€

Please log in or register to post a reply.