2:5 instead of 5:2

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Supersteph36
    on

Hello everyone!
    I finished the book last week, and plan to start the diet on Monday. My question is, can I succeed if I try and do the 800 calories for 5 days of the week, and have 2 days off? Does anyone think this could work? I don’t want to try the fast option, but I’m not sure that I could keep up 800 calories, 7 days a week. Should I just bite the bullet and go for the full plan? Or try 2:5 first?
    I am about 3 stone overweight (I have struggled with my weight since having children) and my dad has type two diabetes, so it’s something I really need to worry about. I’m 35, so I really want to nip this in the bud now, before it becomes a big problem.
    Thanks for reading!

• posted by Aliba
    on

Hi Steph
    You have to do what you feel most comfortable with. 800 calories does sound very low and the thought of it terrified me at first too but the principles of this diet make it easier to stick to. For example upping fat intake….it goes against everything we have been told over the years but it really does stop you feeling hungry. So ordinary yoghurt, olive oil, coconut oil, full fat milk…no low fat anything. Two tablespoons of full fat Greek yoghurt at breakfast plus some seeds, nuts and few frozen berries and I’m not hungry till lunch time. No snacking…because you are not eating refined carbs you stop craving them…so it’s not that difficult. Some elements of fasting…I wasn’t fat until I started to snack and have breakfast first thing. Now I don’t eat breakfast til later but have a coffee first thing with full fat milk or cream when I get up and eat breakfast at about 10.30 and don’t eat after my evening meal.
    It’s worth a go but don’t beat yourself up if you go over your calories some days and can’t do 800 everyday..follow the general principles, take it a meal at a time, a day at a time, make the food you do eat delicious not boring and see what happens. Lots of us have been where you are, we all want to lose weight and get healthy but there is no competition or pressure. Rooting for you and sorry this is so long….got a bit carried away!

• posted by Supersteph36
    on

Hi Aliba,
    Thank you so much! Sorry it’s taken me so long to respond.

Your words have been very helpful, I really appreciate the response. I am on day 4, and according to my scales have lost 8lbs already!! and I am finding it so much easier than I thought!! I even had a big steak with rocket and a big mushroom for dinner last night, yummy!

The only thing I’ve found hard is not drinking lots of coffee, I used to drink loads. But I’m trying different herbal teas, in between a couple of coffees. Ooh, I didn’t think about the full fat milk- I’ve been drinking skimmed, do you think I should switch to full fat? Isn’t that loads more calories? I suppose I would use less?

I’m the one rambling on now!! Sorry.
    And thanks again!!
    Steph

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Steph thats a fantastic start, well done you !!!
    It is amazing how easy this diet is to adapt to and the fact that you don’t really ever feel hungry.
    You do need to have fat in your diet so full milk won’t harm you as long as you count it in your calorie intake.
    Personall I stick to semi skimmed.

• posted by Aliba
    on

Steph do what you feel comfortable with…I have full fat milk but water it down but I’ll also have semi skimmed if that’s what’s available.
    Well done on your amazing weight loss and so glad your finding it easier than you thought it would be!
    I haven’t been as strict this week, have gone over some days and haven’t lost any more but the weight I have lost has stayed off which is brilliant

Please log in or register to post a reply.