1week in on BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Emptynestmama43
    on

I am one week in . I have had a lot of headaches I’m guessing from the lack of sugar and all those bad for me carbs that I’m addicted to.
    But I have good news I am down 3 whole pounds.
    I did struggle on day 3-4 so I did give myself a cup of my favorite tapioca pudding each day then right back to the strict BSD way.
    I did feel guilty but it did relieve my headache each day .
    Anyone have any other ideas of what I could do so as not to sabotage myself?

• posted by FoFi
    on

Hi,

Make sure that you are drinking enough liquid 2-3 litres. You might try something that is high in complex carbohydrate as suggested in the book, such as a small amount of brown or wild rice, or perhaps a few rolled oats in something. You could try one of the flatbread recipes on this forum with either coconut or chickpea flour. I thought that the book suggest taking a paracetamol for a day or two if you have headaches, but I can’t find it now I look, but I did for day 3 and 4 and then I stopped having headaches after that.

• posted by MooLoc
    on

Thanks for sharing.
    My headaches are terrible too – I’m on day 3. I caved today & took pills. It’s worse at night so I’ve been sleeping on a hot water bottle to ease the headache a bit, not sure how advisable that is but it helps!

on

I guess I need to invest in the book it seems that it holds many secrets to success that I may need in the future.
    Thank you both very much for your replys every little bit helps as we are a family trying to Suceed!

on

I guess I need to invest in the book it seems that it holds many secrets to success that I may need in the future.
    Thank you both very much for your replys every little bit helps as we are a family trying to Suceed!
    Fofi , so a complex carbohydrate would be something like maybe an apple and some Almond Butter (instead of peanut butter)the Almond butter I can grind in front of me at my local grocery and it has nothing added to it at all it is only ground almonds.

Please log in or register to post a reply.