1st October Starters Support Group

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sandgroper
    on

Hi. I know it’s a bit late but I’m really keen to join the group. Just in the process of getting organised and will begin tomorrow. I’m in Western Australia, in my early 60’s and hoping to lose 15kg. Tried the keto diet but couldn’t handle all the fat and it made me feel light headed. Am looking forward to this and the comments from the group are so supportive.

• posted by Sandgroper
    on

Hi Reducia, I too am retired and my husband and have indulged ourselves by going out for meals, coffee etc. At the minute I think I might have to resist eating out for a little while till I can resist temptation. In Australia we have health freak cafes. Unsure if they are in Europe but they have some keto meals which are nice. I had coconut waffles with cream and some strawberries. Really yum and hardly affected my blood sugar at all. Am trying to make coconut pancakes at home now – not too bad but would be better if drowned in maple syrup !!!

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Welcome Ali & Sandgroper. Thank you Reducia for your good wishes. Today I’m helping with catering at a large gathering of model railway enthusiasts because my husband belongs to the local group. Bacon rolls, sandwiches & lots of cake are the food available today so it’s rather a nightmare for me so I have weighed a day early & I am disappointed to say I have only lost 1.25 lbs. I suppose it’s going down but I had hoped for a greater loss because I have been spending loads of pennies this week🤔 it’s also a roast lunch with my sons family tomorrow so I will really have to refocus next week. Today I will try to get by with one bacon roll, no cake, although I have made my favourite carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for them & will be serving it there! & an omelette for supper.
    I hope everyone else is doing well & not having to cope with similar temptations!!
    Margaret xx

• posted by Reducia
    on

Sandgroper – Welcome! I know exactly what you mean about eating out – my partner eats anything he wants and is thin as a rake – NOT FAIR! I ate my way up to nearly 189 pounds (I’m 5ft 10 so it didn’t look too bad but nothing fitted!) eating delicious meals with him then I had some hard times with life episodes and lost 14 pounds without even trying. Want to maintain that and lose another 14 pounds – give or take – and stop having my heart sink everytime he suggests somewhere else with great food. No ‘healthfreak cafes in the UK but there is a recent huge emphasis here on eating healthily and it’s easy to find places with ‘good’ food – altho by the time I’ve added bread and gallons of wine it’s all hopeless. I’m VERY lucky in not having a sweet tooth at all – really helps. Have only been here for just under a week but it’s not hard for me if I stick to some rules – like reducing wine and leaving out bread. Haven’t done my first weigh-in yet but it’s going better than I ever imagined. With some consistency, I really to to win out.
    Very best of luck to you – and keep us posted.

• posted by Reducia
    on

Welcome to all newbies – I am pretty well new here too but can encourage you by saying it’s really not nearly as hard as I expected so far.
    Wendy1947 – sounds like you have a really tough weekend ahead foodwise and you have my sympathies. Step away from those bacon rolls and go easy on your lemon drizzle cake!
    Will be thinking of you – see you on the other side. X

• posted by Bergen57
    on

First week over and l have lost appr. 2.5 kg. It has been OK, but hungry all the time even though l have been having 850-900kcal each day. I drink a lot of water and have reduced my coffee since l need to have this with milk. Now l have started to drink more tea, that helps a lot and my motivation is very high.
    In my job l do a bit travelling to customers which s a bit challeging now. Next week l will work with some customers and stay in a hotel. Hopefully it will work well.
    I will have 10 days vacation in Florida in the beginning of November and really hope to have lost some more weight by then.

Hope you all are doing well

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Hi everyone and all the new ones🙂👋🏼
    I will be bad today…. going out tonight for a family birthday dinner at a really nice Indian restaurant! I will not be following BSD tonight! Don’t want to ………please don’t make me😛

Phewwwwww I feel so much better now!!

MIss ZIggy

• posted by Reducia
    on

Hi Miss Ziggy – glad you’ve made yourself feel better. Just have fun! A friend said to me long ago ‘the trouble about dieting is that you can’t join in with everyone! Well – I swore then that I would not adopt that attitude – so I DO join in and then I do my best to put the day behind me and get back to my regime without worrying. Otherwise how dull would life be? Enjoy your evening.

• posted by Sandgroper
    on

Thank you Reducia for your welcome. Can anyone advise me how many carbs you should eat a day on 800 cals? Maybe the info is on the web site somewhere and I’m not looking in the right place. Have just worked out my menu plan and had eggs for breakfast. Now having tuna (instead of mackerel) with stir fried cabbage for lunch. Also can anyone recommend a good spiralizer? It’s really encouraging to read other people’s success stories so thanks everyone.

• posted by Reducia
    on

Sandgroper – I find the forums on here really helpful and it’s worth searching them here for carb allowance permitted. Another thing I try is to Google ‘Mosley BSD’ plus the basic info I need. It hasn’t failed me yet but I’m pretty new here and someone else may have better suggestions.
    Can’t help with spiralisers – mine is very basic and seems to be available only in the UK.
    Good luck with it all

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Sandgroper, welcome from Sydney!

I’m a old timer that lost around 30kg over a 6 month period and have now maintained this weight for over 2 years. I was very active on the forums for a while, but like a lot of old times, now just check out a few of the threads but don’t contribute much.

In regards your question to carbs, it depends on how insulin resistant or insulin sensitive you are. If you have any blood test results hanging around and have had a fasting insulin test done, let me know what it is and I can tell you. If not, are you pre-diabetic or do you have type 2 diabetes or PCOS?

If you are insulin sensitive (like me) then you can probably get away with having up to 50g of carbs per day. If this doesn’t help with losing weight, then reduce it to 40g per day for a week and see if that helps. If not, keep reducing it by 10g per day for a week until you do.

If you are pre diabetic or have type 2, then you shouldn’t have much more than 20g of carbs per day (none of this is in the book it’s just what us old timers have worked out through trial and error).

Don’t be afraid of fat, it is what will keep you satiated. If you are hungry, then this way of eating is not sustainable. Once you’ve lost the weight, don’t increase your carbs, increase your fats and remember that if you go back to eating the way you did before, you will end up looking like you did before. This is not a diet, this is a way of life (although you definitely won’t be staying on 800 calories a day once you reach your goal weight!). If you’re in a situation where you can’t stick with your 800 cals, don’t cheat with more carbs, have more protein or fat as it is less likely to derail you.

Make sure you drink at least 2-3 litres of water per day, stay away from diet soft drinks (try soda/mineral water with some fresh lemon/lime juice for a change) and don’t be afraid of salt. Your body needs salt and when you’re not eating processed foods, you’re not going to get enough unless you add it to your food. It doesn’t cause your blood pressure to go up!

Avoid all highly processed vegetable oils. Stick with butter/ghee, macadamia nut oil, avocado oil and coconut oil to cook with and extra virgin olive oil for dressings.

If you start suffering from constipation, take some magnesium citrate supplements. I still take 2 a day, not just because of constipation but because most people these days are deficient and your body needs it.

Good luck and just ask if you have any further questions.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Jojomill
    on

Hi
    Brand new and on day 4. Been reading this forum and I’d love to join in please.
    I’m 44 and have about 7 stone to lose. Few years ago was a fit gym bunny but had a breakdown at work and was diagnosed with PTSD. My life came to a halt stopped going out due to triggers and panic disorder and am now super obese and unhealthy. There’s a history of type 2 in my family and my dad has just had his leg amputated due to his diabetes. This has given me the hard kick up my ass I needed. I wanted a plan specifically to ward off diabetes and this seems like a super positive start.
    I have to confess I’ve not weighed or measured myself I’d rather go on how clothes feel and how my body feels. I am going to request a blood test at my doctors soon.
    You’re all so supportive and kind on this forum it’s lovely

• posted by alibeveridge
    on

6.3lbs off in my first week, which i’m pretty chuffed with. And it’s not been nearly as hard as i’ve expected.

• posted by Reducia
    on

alibeveridge – WOW! 6.3LB – many congrats. Just done my first weigh-in and lost 4.2lb – was pleased with that until I saw your loss. However – this is not a competition and guess we all lose at different rates. Happy to have lost and completely agree that it hasn’t been especially hard going – I think some of that is because this a great website and this forum has really encouraged me with kindness and information. Good luck with it all.

• posted by Reducia
    on

LindaA – know this info on carbs wasn’t especially for me but I just want to say how helpful it was. In fact I’ve copied it into the ‘BSD’ file on my laptop. This is a really great forum for we newbies. Thank you.

• posted by Reducia
    on

jojomill – Welcome – I am new here too – 7 days in and down 4 pounds – give or take. I know what you mean about not weighing but preferring depending on your clothes and how you feel – Non Scale Victories are my main way to go too.
    You have real motivation with your family history – so sorry to hear about your Dad. Very best of luck to you.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

hello – I’m a bit late (what’s new!) but would love to join the October Starter Support group. I lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago and kept it off for a while but in the last 6 months it’s been creeping up so that I now need to lose over 2 stone to get back to a healthy BMI. (I originally lost over 6 stone). I’ve done BSD and similar before so know it works. I felt great eating this way so decided this was the way to go again. I’m looking forward to joining in and getting to know everyone.

alibeveridge – I’ll be chuffed if I can lose that amount, or even close, in my first week.

Hope everyone else is doing well, too.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

LindaA thank you very much for the carb info! As an oldie but not diabetic with my husband who is Type 2 I had never seen it explained like this. My husband has also kept his weight stable from two years ago & that is very pleasing & he has also continued on reduced medication but cannot be without it because he had his diabetes for twent two years before we found this WOE. He like most diabetics was given either none or dreadfully misleading dietary advice from our GP or diabetic nurses who have hopefully now become better informed as has the UK Diabetes Association.
    May I add my welcome to any recent newcomers & congratulations to everyone who has lost weight & is getting used to this WOE. My weekend was fairly disastrous food wise making cakes then helping with catering on Saturday serving bacon rolls & then filled ones with loads of cakes on offer that I did resist but my husband particularly likes my carrot cake so he had some🙀 & we then had a family get together & a family roast lunch on Sunday. I did indulge myself with a clear conscience knowing I can start rebalancing with a fasting day today. It’s lamb shanks & vegetables for supper today with coffee & water until then. We still fast having started off with MMs Fast Diet & still like giving our guts a rest for a couple of days each week. I am still getting back into the swing having used up any baddies in the fridge & have just cut up a bowlful of Brambley apples to make an apple purée.
    Best feet forward everyone & you all all made a wonderful start.
    Margaret xx

• posted by goldie
    on

i have yet to start properly but am reading all your fab posts looking for inspiration!

I’m having a personal relationship crisis at the moment which meant that on saturday night I drank 2 whole bottles of wine (my norm is a couple of glasses) and I have taken to comfort eating Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Cottage Pies. Honestly my recycling bin has about four of these in it just from the last week!! I have put on a stone and a half in the last year …..

I did do a very low calorie diet some years back and I really enjoyed it, choosing really nutritious foods. I was living alone in a cottage in the middle of rural France then so it was somewhat easier, now I have a Sainsbury’s over the road!!

I find it hard to cut out carbs, I get miserable. Could it work if I stuck to the 800 but included carbs? I know I will probably suffer horribly with cravings but at least I won’t be miserable. I just had a croissant which was 264 cals. That’s all I’ve had today so far and I know its not healthy but I’m sad and tuna doesn’t help at the moment (although I may have that for lunch). I trained as a nutritionist back in the day so do know what’s good for me, can I do my 800 cals with some carbs and then behave a bit later on with the healthy food once I feel a bit better?

Good luck to everyone, I’m pleased to be on here. xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

A very warm welcome to you goldie! I think you may have a special challenge before you in terms
    of your previous training in nutrition. The field has advanced by leaps and bounds, and what was
    considered gospel a while ago has been thoroughly debunked now. The lynch pin is the quantity
    of carbs, not calorie restriction, per se. That is a hanger on notion associated with calories in,
    calories out thinking, and sadly some professionals still cling to it. Gary Taubes has written a
    break through book, “Why We Get Fat..and What To Do About” that brilliantly lays out the case for
    why all calories aren’t created equal. I found it indispensible to achieving a full understanding
    of insulin resistance, and a strong case to be made why some of us must eliminate carbs forever
    to achieve effortless weight control. I wholeheartedly recommend it as a companion piece to
    MMosley’s book. Very best wishes to you!

Allie

• posted by nireruzu
    on

hey guys, I started getting in to detoxing and kind of lost my way.
    I heard of multiple ways of detoxing your body and losing fat at the same time, but I cant seem to make my mind up.
    I recently, heard about red tea detoxing, and I can’t make up my mind, never heard about it and I would love if somebody could help me make my mind up

I found some information in this post
    https://greendetoxing.wordpress.com/2018/09/24/red-is-the-new-green/#more-28

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello nireruzu.
    You are really worrying me writing about detoxing because that’s what our livers & kidneys do for us every day anyway. The myth about detoxing our bodies still seems to be around & it’s how very much money has been made by pseudoscience manufacturers promoting teas & other stuff that is supposed to make us better. There is no quick way to lose fat without reducing the number of calories that you eat & the whole point of The Blood Sugar Diet is to reduce internal fat especially that held around our liver & pancreas to help those organs become more efficient thereby better regulating insulin production. Proven research studies about that have been done that can be believed & trusted. A recent item in the BBC programme Trust me I’m a Doctor highlighted detoxing as unnecessary & even dangerous! Please don’t consider doing it.

• posted by Jordana
    on

Looks like a bit of a scam style post to me, tbh. Advertising perhaps?

• posted by goldie
    on

thanks Allie, I will look at what he says. I have heard of him.

I am aware that it is all to do with carbs and not calories in/out. Just that I have difficulty giving them up. Ultimate comfort food.

Will try harder tomorrow. Thanks for your suggestions

xx

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

I hope so Jordana because that didn’t occur to me😿

• posted by Jojomill
    on

Hi guys. Day 6 for me. I’m trying to work up the bravery to weigh myself so I can keep a proper track I’m just terrified of facing reality!
    I’ve not had any big sugar detox issues or carb flu or anything like that did anyone else miss those? I have cut out all processed foods and carbs other than those in fruit and veg. Think I was just expecting to feel a lot worse than I am. I managed to do a small shop yesterday and in honesty the chocolate and bread was soooooooooo tempting but I stayed away. I’m not used to having willpower so I hope this continues.
    Thank you all for letting me join I and sharing your knowledge 😃

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Goldie, you will feel so much better when you free yourself from the tyranny of carb addiction, it really is worth making the leap to cutting refined carbs out of your diet.
    The associated reduction in inflammation is a terrific health benefit – every ache and pain has disappeared, nails and hair are stronger, skin has improved amazingly and it is genuinely anti-ageing. The BSD really is as much about health as weightloss. Wheat Belly by David Perlmutter and Grain Brain by William Davis are both real eye openers.
    There’s tons of YouTube stuff that will help motivate you – try searching for Robert Lustig, he gives plenty of reasons to break addictions. Good luck 🙂

• posted by Reducia
    on

LindaA – thanks for your support and the link to the American site re carb limits – have bookmarked it – looks really worth some study.
    Alliecat – thanks to you for the Gary Taubes recommendation – also a book worth study time.
    I rid myself of real carb addiction some time ago but know I seriously need to back that up with good information and embed proper new habits. If there is one place to get that info – of all the forums I’ve studied in my time – I really feel that this is the one. Everyone here seems so friendly and willing to share knowledge. I have a follow-up appointment soon with the GP to get my blood sugar levels checked again after a Pre-Diabetes diagnosis and am hoping that all the knowledge I am getting here will have borne fruit.
    Many thanks to both – and good luck to all of you with your progress.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

I seem to be doing well at the moment & feel lighter with my stomach looking smaller. I’ve just had a mammogram to keep a check on me that is now seventeen years on from my mastectomy & hopefully I am still ok. Supper is going to be chicken Kiev with ratatouille & soup & an apple for lunch.
    I’m just finishing knitting more poppies for our village display that will be hung in a swath over the yew arch outside the church looking like a waterfall of poppies near the commemorative cross listing all servicemen who died in the two world wars.
    I am feeling slimmer & more focused but must get out a too small pair of trousers to boost my motivation.
    I hope you are all keeping on track?
    Margaret xx

• posted by goldie
    on

Hi Maggie, thank you for your message, I know you are right and I have started!

I was confused with what people were doing, were they doing 800 cals, or just low carb. I know I will feel better if I give up the carbs, I have done so before and weight just fell off and my energy increased. But at the moment I am still wanting to have toast!! i don’t like sweet stuff as in sugary things but I do love bread and butter!!!

but so far so good, apart from the croissant yesterday morning i have had very little carbs. and no white stuff. i did have a little mango today and some sparkly just because it was THE most beautiful day and when oh when can you sit on the beach in England in October and drink sparkly???

I have been watching Gary Taubes on YouTube and found it very interesting. I have read Wheat Belly. Will check out the others you mention. Onwards and Upwards.

xx

• posted by Reducia
    on

Wendy 1947 – Hi – glad to see you survived your weekend – sure it was fun.
    Interesting to see that you too measure your progress by how you feel and how your clothes fit. That’s how I like to measure things too but as I’m currently booked for various appointments to check my possible Pre-Diabetes, weight may be an issue I suppose. I’m really bad at all that – I always feel judged.
    Your swathe of Poppies sounds lovely – what a great idea – wish I could see.
    I’ve been trying to maintain my impetus but I’m afraid half a bottle of wine has got in my way 🙁
    Chicken Kiev/Ratatouille sounds good – I seem to be living on eggs or tuna right now – with the inevitable spinach.
    Wishing you good progress. Sonia X

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Hi there, everyone,
    Well I went out on Saturday to the Indian restaurant. I didn’t do too badly! I ordered what I wanted…a tikka kebab starter followed by a prawn curry and a very small portion of rice. I did eat a couple of poppadums with onion relish and lime pickle!! Cider to wash it down😁😱I got right back on track on Sunday.
    My uniform trousers feel even better this week. My manager allowed the department to wear scrubs tops only which are so comfortable and loose but I still have my old tunic top and will try that on in a couple of weeks. That will be good test! I might make that three weeks! Monday and today have been good days. Have stuck to BSD. Soup for lunch both days. Monday evening chilli with sugar snap peas. Tonight’s dinner salmon fillet wrapped in prosciutto with some stir fried prawns and green beans. Also Ate some raspberries and cream for afters.
    I do find it hard to cook rice or potatoes for my husband and not eat it too🙁but I will have to get over it! He is so skinny and struggles eating this way. He did support me by eating the same for a while but he was constantly snacking after meals that made me feel even hungrier. It’s actually better for me when he eats his carbs at meal times because he stays away from biscuits or crisps after his meals.
    When I last wrote I talked about my up and coming spa day with my size eight best friend. Well we have also decided to plan a trip to New York in late 2019/2020. I am determined to loose the weight and keep it off! I really want to do it this time! I would love to not feel self conscious trying on clothes etc..I would also like to get rid of this excess weight that I carry around my stomach. I want to be healthy!!
    We can do it!!
    MIss ZIggy

• posted by Sandgroper
    on

G’Day LindaA , thank you for your helpful reply. I am type 2 diabetic and aiming at 20g carbs per day now. I found it really confusing to sift through all the info on diabetes but this web site and forums are the best. I am finding that often my morning fasting test might be around 5 (not good enough yet) at say 6.00 am and I don’t tend to eat till later, maybe 8.00am and the BGL can then be up to 7. I haven’t eaten anything since the evening before and my GP can’t understand this either but thinks it might be too early for everything to settle down. Can anyone shed any light on this?? On the good side have lost 2kg and a total of 4kg but that is the total while experimenting wiht the keto diet too but om much happier on the BSD. Love the forums

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Sandgroper
    I’m not a T2D so can’t talk from personal experience but put ‘dawn phenomenon’ or ‘dawn effect’ into the search engine as there has been a lot of discussion on the various posts. Google also will also give you a lot of information.

I’m a Keto convert since finishing the BSD. When I got to my goal weight I simply upped my fats and stayed super low carb. I love it.

From reading posts from those of us that reached goal weight, it seems the only way to keep it off is to keep the carbs low, otherwise the weight goes back on.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Sandgroper, LindaA is correct. The dawn phenomenon is when the liver detects a lack of glucose during anytime of not eating but particularly during the night. Your liver thinks you are starving to death so to save your life it pumps glycogen into the bloodstream to you have reserves. You dont want this to happen as you are not starving so have a small snack before bedtime. Count it into your calories and it only needs to be a piece of chicken, ham, cheese or a small yoghurt, just to tell that pesky liver not to up your glucose levels.

• posted by goldie
    on

I have been really fancying something sweet and think I found my answer……

Blueberry Shake
    100 mls coconut water – 4.5g ca
    scoop protein powder 0
    40g blueberries 3.5
    little bit of water
    dash of cream 0

8g carbs all in all which isn’t too bad considering it tastes like heaven and if I have this I manage to avoid most other carbs, can stick with greens and meat/fish. I guess it is about finding things that really work for us individually. This is healthy and quick and the protein powder and cream will stabilise me.

• posted by Jojomill
    on

So I finally found the nerve to weigh myself this morning. Was a bit worse than I’d anticipated. Normally I’d let this hit me hard and throw myself into piles of trash food and try to eat my sads away. But I’m going to try super hard to stick to this. Yes I have a lot of weight to lose but I’m doing something about it and maybe if I’d weighed last week when I started I’d have a boost of seeing a loss already.
    Start a new job mid November so trying to use that as a goal. If I try like I have been I could lose a stone by then. One day the scales will be my friend again

• posted by goldie
    on

Hi JoJo, I know how you feel about the scales but I watched this programme on tv recently and they showed how scales could fluctuate by a few pounds just by drinking a litre of water so don’t let it get you down.

I have been weighing myself each day this week and not seeing much difference, a pound and a half maybe but i do feel so much better and the cravings for food have gone, i literally used to be back and forth to the fridge. I just never felt satisfied.

Also I have fibromyalgia and my pain is significantly reduced.

xxx

• posted by Jojomill
    on

Thanks Goldie. I know I need to stick to it. X

• posted by JGwen
    on

The weight of water depends on temperature, but as a rule of thumb, 1ltr = 1kg. So depending on when we weigh ourselves relative to our patterns of drinking could account for fluctuations of for a couple of lbs weight.

• posted by CJBA
    on

Bit of a latecomer, but I wondered if you’ve got space for a newbie? I did the BSD online earlier in the year and lost just over a stone. I was doing well until a family member became ill and I became the sole carer. All plans went out of the window and stress combined with lack of planning and just plain misery (!) meant that I regained the weight and about 7lbs extra. I’ve lost the 7lbs and am now where I started about a year ago, so, a bit unhappy about that, but I know that I do best when I have the motivation of support and challenge from others. And I’ve come back to the plan.

I’m female, very (very) nearly 60 and about 2 stones heavier than I would like to be. I don’t have a fixed work pattern which doesn’t help with planning menus or incorporating exercise into my daily schedule. I used to do about 30 mins run/walk in the mornings but can’t at the moment. I was thinking of doing that when I got home, but struggled with motivation…

However, knowing that I’m weighing myself and reporting back to a group will help me with the motivation – i’ts the reporting back to others which helps – otherwise I keep cheating.
    CJ

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Welcome CJ & I’m in a similar situation to you losing a stone last year but unlike you putting it back on with mostly social & holiday eating. I would love to lose two stone before Christmas & also need to increase my exercise however I am ten years older than you but enjoy Jane Fonda’s exercise DVD’s. She is well into her seventies & has had hip & knee replacements but still exercises & looks amazing. I know it is a reduction in food that loses the weight but doing some exercise does make us more body aware & certainly helps boost my mood as well as the knowledge that I am helping my body retain more flexibility despite my arthritic knees. Perhaps we can also post our exercise successes?
    I am off via bus to my ancient history class which makes me walk across town from the bus station to get there & my husband & I have learnt Nordic pole walking this year that we also enjoy although haven’t done as much as we should because I am a fair weather walker🤔
    Anyway good luck with your meal planning & post how you are getting on!
    Margaret xx

• posted by CJBA
    on

Thanks, Margaret and good luck to you too. I would love to get back to Pilates but my unstructured work schedule makes signing up to classes hard as my weeks change all the time.
    I’ve been trying to get out for 30 mins walk/run every day. I’m a morning person, so prefer to get out early (I did my 30 mins this morning) but because I now don’t have the time, I’m hoping that by committing somewhere like this, it will be the motivation to encourage me out when I get home in the evenings as I’m usually shattered by then!
    Do you all do weekly weigh ins – if so on any particular day?
    CJ

• posted by Jojomill
    on

Hi guys. Hope you’re all good.
    I had a 2lb drop this morning. Chuffed as anything but I’m going to try not to weigh everyday as I can get obsessive if I do.
    Finally had terrible headaches and huge crav8ngs for carbs but I’ve managed not to hope this continues

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Jojomill
    Headaches are common if you’re not consuming enough salt. If you have to, put some sea salt on your tongue and let it dissolve, and increase your water intake.

Also make sure you are getting enough potassium (avocados are excellent) and magnesium (I take magnesium citrate supplements – also very good if you find you are getting constipated which is not unusual with any changes in your dietary habits).
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Well done jojomill😁and congratulations on your weight loss.

You’re heading in the right direction. I am a non weigh person and use my clothes as a guideline…but I understand those that like to see actual figures. When I start BSD I get the most awful headaches, aches and pains and leg cramps!! If you like Bovril someone recommended drinking it twice a day. Apparently it increases salt levels. It really did help me. I also added a few salted almonds to my daily diet if I was away from home.

Miss Ziggy

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Congratulations Jojomill on your weight loss👏👏👍 I hope I can also lose some weight when I weigh on Sunday.
    Miss Ziggy I agree that Bovril is good for a tasty salt intake & often have it for “lunch” on a fast day.
    Does anyone else weigh on a Sunday?
    Margaret xx

• posted by Jojomill
    on

Thank you guys xx😃

Please log in or register to post a reply.