1st October Starters Support Group

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Frog
    on

Fairyface – there was a thread recently about telling hosts that you’re on a different eating plan (not calling it a diet!) I think “etiquette” was the thread title.
    The general consensus was that it was more polite to tell people than not – I understand what you mean about not setting yourself up to fail – but in another way it’s setting yourself another reason not to give up. General consensus on the thread was that it’s more considerate to let people know.

From the selection last night, the beef casserole would probably have been fine (without any rice/potatoes) – and quiche if you leave the pastry is pretty OK. I usually find the pastry to quiches is usually pretty rank anyway.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Frog. I had read the thread on letting the host know about dieting. I am normally very open and honest about things, but on this one occasion it was better for me to not say anything at all. I had mulled it over and over and not arrived at my decision lightly.
    I really wanted the quiche as its what I am craving at the moment but I knew I would not just eat the filling……the pastry would not have hit the sides going down;-) In Marys Berrys words it had a soggy bottom and I love soggy pastry. So thought better of it.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Wendy1947. What a good idea to ‘save’ some calories during the week because you are going out for a meal. Perhaps this is what I should have done.

• posted by Canidoit
    on

Hi Wendy I’m another pear and know what you mean about tops and bottoms. I hate the gap you get at the back of trousers / jeans where you have to allow for your hips.
    I haven’t had a loss this week. Not sure why but I know it happens.

Miss ziggy I am also waiting for someone / anyone to notice my weight loss. Maybe by Christmas I’ll fit into something amazing and stun everyone lol. πŸ˜‚

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

MIss canidoit I have in my wardrobe a dress I call my Audrey Hepburn dress it’s about 14 years old and a classic Little black dress I dream of being able to wear it again one day.
    I have a few questions πŸ€”
    The visceral fat is slowly disappearing from my tummy. Now I am not thinking of going back to how I ate before but and my first question is
    Why do some people eat whatever they want and not gain weight around their tummy?
    Is there something in my genetic make up that makes me gain fat in my mid section?
    When I have reached my goal will I be able to reintroduce some carbs back into my diet?

MIss ZIggy

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Miss Ziggy. I have a top in my drawer that I bought when my husband worked in Africa. I onlywore it once and never felt comfortable in it. Its 26 years old, yes thats right 26. It was from Marks and Spencers and I look at it quite often and would love to get into it.
    Not saying I will, but the dream is there.

• posted by Miranda
    on

Just love this group, many thanks for the advice on face care and where to buy it. Must be feeling better about myself, as I usually wash face, grab some moisturiser and hope for the best. Will look into the plank and yoga , think I need a class to show me what to do before I do myself a mischief.
    Personally I feel I have adopted this as a lifestyle, remember being told off when I quit slimming world that it wasn’t a diet but a lifestyle but I never quite bought into it, my syns were really sins! I also couldn’t cope with the ‘horse shoe of love’, much prefer this honest forum.
    I have cheated but a) discovered that the ‘ baby’ paunch under my bust reflects this — it acts as a third eye
    B) my cheating is not on my previous scale, before give me Jaffa cakes I would eat a whole packet without blinking, that is 2 columns, now wince cos it is too sugary.

• posted by Miranda
    on

Have also decided to hide in my baggy jumpers and trousers, think the performer in me, wants the big reveal

• posted by Canidoit
    on

MissZiggy I believe you are right about genetics having influence over where you store fat, I read somewhere that Apple shaped bodies have an increased amount of a certain protein that causes their fat to be stored viscerally (if that’s a word) so there is nothing you could do to prevent fat being stored that way. You are of course doing the right thing working to reduce the amount of fat.
    I certainly hope we can include carbs back into our diet once our goals are met. I think it is the Mediterranean type diet we should aim for.
    Miranda yes that’s what I’ll do too it’ll be the “big reveal” but I think we’d have to wear something completely different to our usual clobber – which is jeans for me. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Daily weigh-in: no movement overnight. That’s cool – I instinctively felt the whoosh yesterday might send me off to Plateauland for a few days. C’est la vie.

Miranda – your ‘third eye’ comment made me laugh. I have one of those too. I’m not sure what the proper term is for it in English – in Arabic it is called ‘the head of the stomach’. (How do I know that? Because of an Arab colleague who used to point out how much my tummy visibly swelled after a carb-heavy lunch! She was right though – it does.)

I have a bunch of important meetings this week that I would really liked to have been able to get into my skinner clothes for. It’s not happening as my dress size hasn’t reduced yet, even if I am smaller and higher around the tummy area for sure. Really hoping that by Christmas this situation will have changed, but am still in my fat clothes for now. I can’t yet get into more than 95% of my wardrobe, but it will happen. Can’t wait to throw away the baggy sacks.

Tired today. Onwards and downwards x

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hope your meetings go well Carb_Addict!
    Weigh in today & my husband has lost 2lbs this past week & I have lost 1lb. Only two weeks to go for us because we finish our eight weeks on Monday 5th December.
    Stay strong everyone we are all nearly there & can then reassess where we & if we want to continue! I will carry on but my husband has only two pounds to go to reach his ideal weight of 11stone 7 lbs but his doctor will advise about that after his eight week blood test. What is appalling for me is that my husband now weighs less than me & is at least eight inches taller than me! It’s so embarrassing 😳😳

• posted by topcac
    on

Totally agree with where we store fat genetically. When I look at my mum I know that there is little hope for me of a flat stomach…ever. As I’ve lost weight I’ve lost it from LITERALLY everywhere but my tummy – only reducing its size by 2 inches in 9 weeks despite having lost nearly 15% of my body weight. It’s definitely a ‘thing’. I have stick legs and arms now, but still that pesky tum. My only hope is that the final 5lbs that I would like to lose will all come from my stomach – fingers crossed!!

• posted by lozzer57
    on

Finished my 2nd week and eight pounds lost don’t know if that’s a good weight loss or should I have lost more. Started on the meal replacement drinks for the first ten days then gradually went on the food, will start my 3rd week on the menu in the book, only problem I have is drinking at least 2litres of water does anyone have this problem?

• posted by Nickix
    on

Hi Lozer57. I have the same problem. Especially today when I couldn’t get to the loo till after 6pm but started work at 9!! Can be hard in hospital on a long shift. 8lb is good I’m on week 7 and lost around 12lbs but I’ve lost inches so that’s good but it’s the constipation that gets me and I know more water would help!
    Well done to everyone though we’re still here and still going strong what ever our ups and downs. Personally I couldn’t imagine another WOE. The thinks I loved before have no appeal anymore. Onwards and downwards folks we’re getting there one meal at a time and it’s you guys keeping us going xx

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Either 200g or 800g down overnight – I couldn’t make out whether it was a ‘1’ or a ‘7’ on my digital scales for the life of me so am going with the smaller loss to be on the safe side!

But I was naughty last night. Had two meals out with work yesterday. Was saintly during the first one (salad, diet coke and green tea) but then was starving by evening and couldn’t face another salad. So I had smoked salmon on toast…quite a lot of bread…. and two glasses of rose wine… and then a dessert. My first alcohol and dessert in months.

I’m still counting this as a victory. Why? Because pre BSD I would have chosen differently. I wanted fish and chips for lunch but didn’t order them: pre BSD I would have. Yes they had a seafood salad on the menu at dinner which was probably the most BSD compliant thing but I’m salad’d out and smoked salmon on toast was possibly the next ‘best’ thing soI had that instead of what I would have ordered pre BSD. My point is I chose mindfully and it felt good to see that I am able to sit in front of a list of some of my favourite things to eat and choose something different without a feeling of missing out.

(I can’t excuse the two glasses of wine and the dessert so much – I rarely have either and have not had either since I started BSD – but looking back I would have been happy with one glass of wine and no dessert. It was a fashionable ‘banoffie pie in a jar’ and frankly was not worth the calories. I was quite tipsy after the wine though. Talk about being a cheap date. Maybe that’s why I can’t make out what the scales say today…)

Anyway, a day of strict Fast800 coming up to atone for yesterday with a nice seafront walk thrown in too later if I can finish work on time. Have a good day all.

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Carb addict
    Well done for making good choices πŸ‘πŸ½When I have made a good choice when eating out once the meal is over I’ve found I didn’t miss the bad stuff.i just need to think about adding in some form of exercise but one step at a time.
    Ok must get ready for workπŸ˜‘
    Ziggy

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

I just conducted an interesting experiment: I have been feeling so good since my restart that I decided to use an online weight loss predictor thing to gauge how long it will take me to lose my 30kgs target based on staying on the Fast800 until I’m at goal. (The predictor takes your current stats into account (gender, height, weight etc) and that weight loss slows down the longer you restrict the calories.)

The answer was 14 months. Wowsers. The app predicted a around 3-4kgs (6-9lbs ish) this month (which is on track with current results) and a levelling down to 1kg a month towards the end of the journey (half a lb a week) as my calorie needs reduce. Talk about a reality check, and not a happy one. I know that the weight didn’t go on overnight, and that the slower it comes off the better my body will adjust etc, but I have just played right into the hands of my ‘I want to be skinny NOW’ mindset. That said, the predictor didn’t have an option to take carb intake into account. I wonder whether that would have made a difference to the speed prediction.

I’m okay – levelling out now but my first reaction was one of dismay indeed. At the end of the day I a) feel intuitively that it will not take this long and b) I recognise that it’s going to take me a helluva lot longer than 14 months if I am not consistent. I’ve been trying to lose weight for 20 years after all – what’s 14 months to optimum health?! <Must think that way, must think that way….>

An interesting glimpse into some of the science behind weight loss but its has reinforced that i need to steer my mind away from the 30 kgs and go right back to my 3kgs/7lbs at a time mindset. At the same time the reality check might have been good for me in a way I can’t find the words to describe. It certainly removes any emerging feelings of complacency. In light of last night’s bread, dessert and wine ‘moment’ it certainly reinforces how these things need to be very occasional treats and not creep back into my daily way of life.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Carb Addict
    I sued one of those fairly early on – its hard to know how accurate they might be when you don’t know the algorithms and assumptions behind the tailing off, and whether they will apply to you.
    I was just posing on another thread that I lost around a kilo a week initially, then got slightly more relaxed, but essentially still following BSD principles (and have just reverted to trying to keep to a stricter 800 cals again in a push towards Christmas and the end of the year) – but have lost 20 kilos in six months – so tailing off to one kilo a month might be overly cautious.

You won’t know until you get there – but as you say, the weight has been with you for twenty years, so even if it does take a year to shift it & reach your target, it is not the end of the world.
    Have a look at the mini goals thread (partly for a laugh, there are some quite amusing ones) and think about some interim targets and goals – and stay away from dodgy apps.

• posted by Frog
    on

duur – typo that I didn’t spot soon enough to edit (and rather alters the sense of what I’ve written)
    “I used one of those”, rather than “I sued one of those” πŸ™‚

• posted by Nickix
    on

Hi carbaddict thats what Michael says in his book which is why he says only do it for 8 weeks then up ur cals for 4 weeks then go back to it to kid your metabolism. So maybe you’re blow out will have done you good! πŸ˜† That’s the principle behind the 5-2. πŸ˜„πŸ‘ x

• posted by Happygirl
    on

Hello again everyone

Great to hear about what’s going on here.
    Do you know I agree with you, we have to take it a day at a time. The journey so far has been relatively smooth – but there have been some rocky moments.
    Nickkix- I didn’t read that we should “relax” after 8 weeks – that’s GREAT NEWS!!!
    I will start making out a shopping list after this
    5 kilos chocolate
    10 litres beer
    20 litres wine
    1 roast chicken with stuffing and roast potatoes
    Rice – with anything
    Pasta- with everything
    The list goes on

Or maybe I’ll read the book again, especially about that part.

Carb Addict – I am 51 years old, when I was 45 I got braces on my teeth for the 1st time ever. People told me I was nuts! I was too old etc. Well, I have the most beautiful, straight, white, gleaming teeth ever, now. I had braces for 3 years. People stop me and ask me what brand of toothpaste I use.
    I usually answer white wine!! Pre diet days, obviously!!!
    My point is – I was going to be 3 years older anyway, I might as well be older – with straight teeth.
    I am so happy I saw it through as I am not at all self conscious about my teeth. I used to be – terribly
    Don’t think too much about the length of this journey – take it a step at a time – 8 weeks here, 4 weeks there, etc.
    Have an overall plan – stick with it – stay focused – but be kind to yourself
    There are times , as my old father used to say to me in Ireland when we are the statue and there are times when we are the pigeon.

Hope this helps and I hope I haven’t come across as a know-it-all, because to be honest, the older I get, the more I know I need to learn.

Cheers and hang in there sister!!!

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Yes agree Happygirl those of us on the longer losing weight journey must set short term goals & achieve those then move on again. I’m currently working on losing three pounds to have finally lost one stone in these eight weeks.
    Nickix I like the idea of relaxing calorie numbers but not carbs with Christmas looming to try to pep our metabolism then cracking on again after Christmas to hit the New Year in a positive frame of mind to do another eight weeks. Then another pep period? I see a longer term pattern emerging here!

In the past I have always regained weight I lost finding the maintenance period the most difficult of all. At least this time with carbs being the bad guy there might be more control possible & for my husband I will try very gradually to increase his calorie intake but not carbs to keep his weight & bloods stable. I believe it takes a year after losing weight for our bodies to stabilise at the new lower level & our appestats to reset. Rather a depressing thought but this must become a new way of eating & living for us & not an excuse to return to our more indulgent previous way of eating & drinking which is why we got here in the first place!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Like your thinking Wendy 1947. This is definitely more about a new way of eating, that a temporary fix. Like many others, I find my pallet has changed and I actually don’t want sweet stuff, don’t miss bread, don’t really enjoy roast spuds any more, etc. Yes, I’m planning to ease up for Christmas, but I certainly won’t be indulging in the same way I have in previous years.

Have had a couple of periods of maintenance, whilst away on extended vacations and have managed to keep the gains down to a couple of pounds each time. It is mostly about controlling the carbs as they are definitely the bad guys and it’s all going to be about the maintenance at the end of the day – we will all need to conquer that stage eventually.

Meanwhile, I still have about 10lb to go to get to my ultimate goal – but right now, I’m aiming for 3lb so that I will weigh less than I did before our most recent long vacation.

Good luck everyone!

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Firstly, just wanted to say: I LOVE YOU ALL! Thank you so much for the support shown today: it’s amazingly motivational given that there’s no one else I can talk to about this stuff (only because no one I know offline can relate!).

Frog, knowing you have shifted 20kgs in 6 months is very heartening and HappyGirl, I particularly loved your post. Thank you both. The other thing that’s been great about today, apart from your support, was my reaction to it. I had a ‘moment’, then went ‘meh’ and carried on. No pizza ordered or cupboards raided!! I cannot overstate how much progress this shows me that I have made in six weeks.

On a final note, HOW carb-heavy are lentils though? I felt the need for more protein and more fibre tonight so knocked up a home-made bowl of Lebanese-style soup. Then I tracked it. Oh dear. One fairly watery (albeit) large bowl of the soup, via the lentils, contained around 50gs of carbs so that blew the carb front today (although not the calories). However not all carbs were created equal of course and it was filling and low GI. But still!!!

• posted by Frog
    on

thanks carb addict – I was surprised about lentils – and disappointed, I went to an Ethiopian cookery class and made a really nice lentil dish, but as you say, not all carbs are equal – just maybe not for everyday!

Christmas SunnyB – I will either arrive at my sisters with a cauliflower, or tell her about the cauliflower steaks in advance.
    Last time i was there I picked up food in the supermarket on the way, and she really liked courgetti – maybe I should buy her a spiraliser!

• posted by Nickix
    on

Hi guys I agree it’s so great having you lot. Especially after a bad day! I was being so good even made the scotch eggs before work this morning then after lunch I had the worst craving! And I admit I succumbed! I had a biscuit! And one of the girls gave me a cup cake as it was her birthday! I eat the the icing off the top! I felt so bad after! Didn’t enjoy it at all and my belly swelled up!

Back on plan now but can’t understand what happened πŸ˜ͺ Xx

• posted by Nickix
    on

Thanks Miss ziggy that’s great. Are most things allowed would you say? X

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Nickix …
    I think most things are allowed but a lot of the recipes I will try when I have reached my goal and would like to introduce more foods to my diet . For now I would stay away from some of their bread recipes even though they class them as low carb. I fear redeveloping the taste of these foods again.

Miss Ziggy

• posted by Happygirl
    on

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the website MissZiggy!

Very useful but I must admit – I cannot and won’t start the day without my toast and olive oil with tomatoes – pan tomac as it is called over here in Spain.

But I manage to keep to just that – so I’m happy!!
    I suppose you’d call it bending the rules, but if it works!!!
    I have started taking vitamins, Berocca, or as I like to call it – legal cocaine !!!! as I noticed I was feeling down – without energy and I needed a life to keep me going – anyone else like that?

Have a great day everyone

Cheers

• posted by Happygirl
    on

I meant to say Life – not life!!!

Sorry – typo error – could be worse

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Happygirl
    Your comment reminded me of a residential work thing a few years back – I was a late addition to a working group as I’d recently joined the organisation, and walked into a meeting room where everyone else knew each other, and were discussing the colour of their pee (and how orange) for the first five minutes.
    It turned out a couple of them had jet lag, and others had stayed up in the bar too late, so had taken industrial quantities of Berocca.

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Happy girl lift lift liftπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚I take berrocca too I find it gives me a boost! I also take iron but I do have past history of low iron over the years. Is anyone else sleeping better on this diet . My sleeping has improved so much. 😊😊😊

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

I think the first thing I noted on BSD was that I was sleeping far better and, according to Mme Maigret, i wasn’t snoring any more. I have also felt more mentally alert and I put this down to better sleeping.

• posted by Canidoit
    on

Hi all
    I’m another one sleeping much better and surprisingly not having more bathroom visits during the night considering I drink nearly a litre after 6pm. It’s funny though the more water you drink the more you need to drink! At the beginning I was really struggling to drink one litre now I’m on 2 litres plus my cups of tea. πŸ€”

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Hello all,

End of day note from me today instead of my usual morning one. (Have been on a judging panel Simon Cowell-style for a competition, scaring young industry fellow professionals. Great fun, muahahahaha.)

100g on overnight – for which I am blaming the lentils! Oh well. Relatively good day today: raw nuts for breakfast; fish, bread roll (oops), some houmous and four green beans (!) at the hotel buffet lunch; about to tuck into Japanese home delivery for dinner: Still a long work night ahead. Rubbish on the fruit and vegetable front today sadly, which I will make up for tomorrow.

Hope everyone else had a good day too.

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Where is everyone today then?!

No change on the scales. overnight. And I’m going on a first date with a chef tonight. Eeeeek. Oh the irony. Luckily just a drink and a walk along the beachfront. I’m not sure how he’d react to knowing I’m off almost all carbs so I plan to keep that quiet for now! Hahaha.

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Carb addict Hope you have a great first dateπŸ˜€Miss Ziggy

• posted by Happygirl
    on

Good morning everyone,

Hope you had a great date CarbAddict,

Remember – he asked you out – so he already likes you!!!

I think he’s rather you be off carbs as to opposed finding out that you might be a serial killer!!!
    I love the fact that he’s a chef – as you say yourself – the irony of it – such is life

I had a good week as I kept to my plan. I tried on a dress I bought 2 years ago which was too small but now fits!!
    Until I breathe!!!!!
    I still need to keep going – but so far so good. Somebody somewhere said we could drink! I haven’t had a drink since Nov 1st – Halloween celebrations – but what’s this? Can we have a drink? I would love a glass of wine as I am going to meet my friend for luch tomorrow. Does anyone have more info about this?
    I found that pilates has helped me enormously on this diet. We’re almost 7 weeks in and lots of people have started commenting on my “transformation”. To be honest, it’s slightly embarrassing as I don’t need to tell the world I am on a diet. So I just smile and run away!!
    How’s everything going for everryone?
    Frog – what you wrote about Berocca made me smile but also relieved me as I have noticed that my wee is bright yellow – not orange. I feel much much better though for taking it.

Cheers

Evelyn

• posted by gyllyb
    on

Morning all …. today is my first day back catching up with your journeys. My brother been here for a week from Texas so it’s been difficult to stick faithfully to bsd. His love of real ale and typical Brit food led me astray πŸ™ Too scared to get on the scales … but I’m determined to get back on track … all the positives I gain from this diet and group are too precious to let go.
    So this morning I’m here enthusiastically waving the flag and sorting out my fridge and making food plans!!
    Thank you all … I’ve read your ups and downs and still you’re here … well done and a pat on the back for us all πŸ™‚

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Evening all,

Happy to report the date went well – and we had LOTS of discussions around food. I did test him with me being primarily vegan however and, wonderfully, he wasn’t fazed. I would have thought a chef (unless a specifically veggie/vegan one) would have run a mile. I already knew he was a private chef but it turns out he pretty much only makes fish and vegan dishes for the (lucky, rich, super health conscious) guy he works for so, given that’s the diet I follow, that was pretty wonderful news. We have agreed to see each other again. I’ll keep you all secretly posted πŸ™‚

What was really gratifying is that he commented on how I come across very secure in my own skin and how attractive he finds it. I had a little laugh inside given that pre starting the BSD just seven weeks ago I was at an all-time low because of my weight and had started hiding at home/ refusing to go out. I haven’t lost comparatively that much weight (yet) but it bears out how much better I feel about myself already.

He has also inspired me to get back in the kitchen and start experimenting again. Tonight is poached haddock in home-grown/home-made lemon balm pesto, and I already made a litre of cinnamon almond milk today for some chia and berry breakfast pots. I’ve also got some cashew nuts soaking overnight for some garlic and herb vegan ‘cheese’ and am planning to whip up a Moroccan chickpea stew for the freezer and some humous tonight too. It’s nice to feel enthusiastic about cooking again, and ‘proper’ food – let’s hope I keep it up!!!

Yay!!!
    Sarah

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Evelyn, I am fairly sure the book says that an occasional glass of wine is allowed, just watch the tendency for an unplanned couple of glasses to follow. Sip slowly. Also some people report getting cravings for carb snacks so hold on tight to your willpower if you do indulge. For my part, in the six and three quarters weeks I have been following the Fast 800 I have had three glasses of wine all on different days, with no added munchies.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Sarah, that sounds like a fantastic first date πŸ˜€and enjoy the cooking spree, experimenting is such fun.

• posted by A new me
    on

End of week 6 weigh in…..26 lbs down. I can hardly believe it! I lost more this week than any of the other weeks, except for the first. I would love to reach my goal of losing 6 more lbs over the last 2 weeks of the BSD and I’m thinking it might be possible. I am so grateful for finding the book at the library because it has changed my life. I can’t believe that I have finally been able to stick with a diet. I had always given up before because I found other diets unsustainable. This is a lifestyle change that I can live with. I haven’t been counting calories, carbs or weighing food, but I have been following the recipes in the book as closely as I can. Good luck everyone as you weigh in and head into the home stretch!

• posted by jmarie41
    on

Congrats “A New Me”, on your 26 pounds off! That is such great news. Thank you for posting your results of week 6! It really helps. I started the BSD on October 9th, 2016 so I’m not too far off from your start. I’m down 16 lbs. and have seen some very positive results but I get a little bit too eager to see the weight drop faster. You give me hope!

• posted by Fairyface
    on

End of week 7 for me today.

1.10.16 -114.2kg
    19.11.16 -104.9kg

I cannot tell you how delighted I am with this weight loss. Not as much as others, but I am still delighted.
    Its been a hard week for me. I have felt as though it was week one again and I could have eaten my arm off up to my elbow several times during the week. Yesterday I had to go to bed as I felt quite ill.
    Found it difficult to keep on top of the fluids but have managed just over two litres a day with water and cups of fruit tea.

I have also ordered a pair of jeans and black trousers in a size smaller from m&s. They are coming this week. My jeans are hanging off! Its so difficult knowing what to buy. I really need some new shoes and a winter coat but will make do for the time being.

I think I said a couple of weeks ago I need to try and get some walking in, which I have not done. So pedometer has new batteries and I have said for my week 8 I will try and go for a walk every day. Do you think this will make a difference to my weight loss next week?

Loved reading everyones posts.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Congratulations A new me on your weight loss. That is fantastic:-)
    Carb Addict, so lovely to read about your date.

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Well I am also going to go for a walk everyday too. I have a pedometer on my phone which I will use. I have been putting off doing exercise.i needed to get this diet going.The good news is I can now pull my jeans off without undoing them😱😱😱😱and my husband says I have no arse to fill my jeans.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I know it seems silly but I am enjoying the looseness of them and I know the next size down will feel tight. I might go over to Matalan to try on a pair one size smaller. At least matalan jeans are cheap. A ten years ago we went on a cycling holiday to Sicily. One of their brochures landed on the doormat yesterday and my husband asked if I fancied doing it again. I said yes which will mean I will definitely have to exercise next year. It was a lovely holiday when we did it last time. You cycle for about 40 miles from one hotel to the next with a day off between cycles. Taking in places of interest, lunch etc. All luggage transported for you. I feel quite positive about it.
    So pleased for *anewme* on your weight lossπŸ‘Œ
    MIss ZIggy

• posted by A new me
    on

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments. MissZiggy, I had a good laugh about your “arseless” jeans. I have the same problem and am also enjoying the looseness. I can hardly remember my jeans being anything but tight, so it does feel great and so motivating. It’s nice to hear that we are all doing so well!

• posted by Lisa67
    on

It is wonderful to see everyones results so far very encouraging and motivating, well done everyone. I have lost an incredible 11lbs this week I have no idea how it has happened,maybe my body has just decided hey this is how it’s going to be from now on give in guys. That takes my total for week 6 weigh in to 33lbs. I love this way of eating and I am so glad I found it, my son said to me today how proud he was of me and he never thought in a million years I would stick with it, so alongside my scale victory that is my NSV. I have a long journey ahead of me but every week I get inspired by everyone elses posts, you are all amazing.
    Good Luck for the final week guys xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.