1st October Starters Support Group

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cazza53
    on

Hi Gill

Oh my favourite is the bacon stir fry def filling and tasty! Red meat is a treat to me hence goulash for wend πŸ™‚ hope you have a good hunger free shift

Carol

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Fairyface – I am sorry you are feeling a bit bleugh. We all know that feeling.

There was a conversation on ketosis a couple of pages back but, to summarise, you body burns carbs first for energy and when it runs out of carbs it starts burning fat. This is how low-carb diets work: you start burning fat fast – and losing weight fast – because you are not taking in enough carbs to cover your daily energy needs. When you reach this state it is known as ‘ketosis’. Kind of the holy grail of fast weight loss. Hope that helps!

• posted by shalimar
    on

I think cauliflower rice is an excellent ides for people, families especially who used to have rice, potatoes or even bread and butter with meals.

My family always had potatoes with supper but as a single person i just never cooked a whole variety of things. If i wanted potatoes i nuked 1 potato … and got out the sour cream and chopped some onions. That was supper.

I always just loved a cauliflower head, steamed, with browned butter and salt. No need to disguise it with me. 1 head of cauliflower … supper is done!!

Want meat? …. bread and fry some pork chops! Supper is done!! … Hopefully i left a pork chop for breakfast!!

Still cook that way … a 1 item supper …. except now i make a big pot of soup or chilli. Put portions in plastic containers in the fridge … Geez i don’t even heat up the portions when i haul them out to eat! LOL.

Of course the the stir fry bacon brocolli and mushrooms with a sprinkling of cheese …. THAT i might actually do!! I really only like mushrooms fried in butter (had them in a restaurant once and loved them … can’t seem to make them myself) … so i am looking for ways to like mushrooms … and everything goes better with bacon!!!

• posted by Nickix
    on

Just a suggestion. I haven’t like cauliflower rice but thought I’d try it again. I blitzed the cauliflower and in a baking time a little coconut oil then added the rice. Sprinkled over cumin and turmeric and a few Chili flakes mixed and added a spot of water. I put it in over quite high until water had evaporated and slightly brown on top – hard when it’s got cumin and turmeric! Lol. Served it with curry it was amazing!! Got another batch cooking now ready for tomorrow! Hope u enjoy

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Carb_Addict thank you for the information its so kind of you to give me the info simply. I just quick read things and come unstuck. Think I need to read the book again s.l.o.w.l.y……:-)
    I tried on some jeans I have not been able to do the zip up on today. The zip now goes up and stays up!

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Daily-weigh in: 100g on overnight. Hmmmm πŸ™ Misread the scales too at first and thought I had lost 500g overnight. Dammit!

Never mind, I’m sticking to the programme and it will come off again. Until then I am remain in plateau-land. Bu**er!

• posted by Keid
    on

Still on the plateau here this morning as well! I’m not going to weigh until Monday now I think. Too disappointing.

• posted by ButterflyMoves
    on

Hey folks, been away so I haven’t read back the thread yet-hope you are doing well!

I had a rough second week, weight see-sawed like crazy, and now I’m away from home I don’t have a scale so I don’t even know what the general trend is.

I’ve just spend the best part of two days driving up the east coast. I usually eat tonnes of junk food on these long drives to alleviate the boredom and frustration of being trapped in a car for hours on end. Trying to stick to any kind of plan was torture. My car=binge habit has had 20 years of deeply ingrained hold on me so I battled some of the worst cravings of my life. Now I’m here at a musical festival with loads of gigs to play between three different acts and I just want to eat a tub of salted caramel ice cream and go to sleep… *sigh😞

…quick nap and then face the music… literally!!!

• posted by Natalie
    on

I like cauliflower rice but only have it with something saucy, it would be a bit boring by itself but spiced sounds ok. Shalimar are you saying you eat a whole head of cauliflower at once? Like – as big as your own head? Not many calories but how did you fit it in?

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

To Carb Addict…For years I thought the zips on jeans were poor quality 😐I didn’t realise that my zip struggled against the strain of my stomach!! Did anyone else rely on a safety pin😜
    MIss ZIggy

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

For anyone needing a little motivation to keep going, someone sent me this video which makes some very valid points. “Experiencing failure does not make you a failure”. “”But’ is a dream-killer.” “The real question you should be asking yourself is ‘have you made the decision’?”

Cut and paste this link into your browser to watch the four minute video on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDf757QwXpk

• posted by Nickix
    on

Hope everyone is ok. Been a bit quiet today? I’ve put a bit of weight on! 😞 But forgot my lunch today – left it at home so went without and had it for tea but feel so stuffed! Just shredded chicken in an egg sauce chickpeas and veg. Hopefully I’ll see the benefit Monday

Hope everyone else is doing well

• posted by PatC
    on

Morning from Sydney – its grey and overcast which is so unusual reminds me of living in Yorkshire, which we did for thirty years, so on with the plot obviously I am not putting out flags, bunting, jumping up or down or anything, but still feel strong and focused, and I really think this lovely group has something to do with the positivity, thank you especially Sarah, CarbAddict who cheers me up every single day.

Right weigh in – earlier in the week I gained on the scales, only a couple of pounds but it has taken me all week to return to somewhere near where I was last Saturday. I have eaten to plan, but probably not drunk enough water, I am a little constipated (sorry everyone poo information is probably not what you need on a Saturday morning!), and I am about 225 g up on last weekends weigh in, irritating to say the least, up is not where I want to go, but the overall weight and inch loss is not so bad, though I was reading on one of the other forums about someone who lost 3 stone in four weeks (fat chance for me if you’ll excuse the pun, hee he). The thing that is so annoying about the gain is that I was sticking to plan I haven’t had anything extra (oh oh to have some wine), and have logged everything faithfully on my fitness pal and am actually quite anal (poo reference again – I am like a giggly young boy!), about the diet as I really want it to work this time, so many diets so little time! BUT I have some problems for next week – all booked before I started BSD – , its Sydney’s Good Food Month, and we have booked to go to a degustation, six courses with matching wines on Sunday lunchtime, dinner with family (Massaman curry I will just have to make a BSD friendly curry) on Tuesday, out with friends lunch on Wednesday (friends were ill last time so this is a fixed Lets do lunch lunch again) but with one glass of bubbles, a fixed four course meal with wines on Saturday – and Halloween lunch for the family here next Sunday, (though I have control of what I eat on this one (eye of a newt etc), so next Saturdays weigh in looks a little scary after a pretty excessive week. Looks like a pretty wild week considering we don’t usually do so many exciting things in six months let alone a week! This has turned into War and Peace (sorry) but overall weight and inches down and my jeans felt a bit baggy yesterday, so all good. Good luck everyone with your weigh ins , love P

• posted by Natalie
    on

Wow what a week! All that food. Sounds wonderful/terrible. Don’t know what to suggest… good luck!

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Last night Was a work mates leaving dinner and I did drink a few glasses of wine 😱🍷🍷🍷and ate chilli with a small portion of rice but that was last night and today is another day. This morning I feel tired but thank god my stomach feels ok due to the four glasses of water I drank when I got home. The strange thing is I can’t wait to start back on BSD today. I feel really well on it. I now have one family event in November before Christmas. This is usually a buffet so I should be able to stay on track.
    I am now at a point where I would like reintroduce exercise to my life. I used to belong to a gym but do not want to invest in a membership right now. I don’t swim so I guess I might have to dust off my bike and start walking.
    Anyway…..have a good weekend everyone!

MIss ZIggy

• posted by Keid
    on

Morning! I was off the wagon a bit yesterday as I’m a blood donor and gave blood last night. I had to eat something from the refreshments table before they’d let me leave so had a bag of crisps. So I was right over my cal and carb limit but all in a good cause. Back on the wagon today. Going to have a brunch of sausages (heck 97% Ines), mushrooms and eggs. Then a curry for dinner with a spicy veggie side dish. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Xxx

• posted by Keid
    on

*ones not Ines, blinking phone!

• posted by Cazza53
    on

Morn from North Yorkshire PatC
    After a wonderful Indian summer type September We are now in glorious Autumn where everything is in full colour gold rust and red and the leaves beginning to fall. We don’t have heat but we def had sunshine yesterday and hubby and I were pruning trees in our tshirts.
    Hope you have a good week ahead as you appear mega busy, November is when it all starts to happen here bonfire night, festive Fayres etc with amazing food so I vow at this moment I am going to be so good!
    I have leaned towards carb counting more this week than calorie what a difference! Hope weigh in agrees on Sunday.
    Happy weightless week everyone X

• posted by Getting my life back
    on

Good morning all week 3 over with thank goodness not a good week put 1.5lb on in the week but have lost it now so weight loss this week nothing. Not even NSV but never mind.Happy to stay the same really rough week still trying to get rid of my chest infection getting on my nerves I only have one left and it’s sitting right on it. I will keep on this eating plan quite happy to plod along reading other threads this has happened just need to be strong.
    PatC why don’t you try and leave some food from each course that way the damage may not be so bad. Only have a couple of sips of each wine (can you tell I’m teetotal) not sure if this is doable for you if not enjoy the day then get straight back on the diet next day. Enjoy your meals πŸ™‚

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Good morning all,

Still in Plateau-land here – and bored with it. Last night was a mental challenge: I sat down to watch some TV and all I wanted to do was munch. There are times when herbal tea or ice cubes won’t cut it. So I have consciously had a non-BSD morning cheat-meal breakfast out in a lovely local cafe on the beachfront to celebrate end of week 3 (I won’t tell you what I ate at for the risk of bringing on any cravings for anyone else!) which has made me feel a bit less ‘testy’. But the one meal is over and I’m now back on with it, and I’m not going to allow myself another cheat meal for another three weeks, and eat super lightly for the rest of the day. (Seeing as I’m planning to do the Fast 800 for 12 weeks that means three cheat meals in three months: I can live with that ‘illegal activity’.)

What I need to do from here on:
    * Up the activity levels (pretty non-existent): walking, yoga, working up to some jogging and eventually some surfing in a few weeks. One hour every day from now on.
    * Sort out some different meals – eating no meat or dairy does limit my options in terms of the book recipes but it’s time to get some new recipes under my belt, as this is the source of the boredom
    * Visualisation practice (mindfulness) – ‘think bikini skinny’!! It’s beach season here now so it’s a great incentive.

This week is going to be a challenge for me too but I feel strong. I have some business travel for three days (hotel food for 72 hours, ick) and then I have my parents arriving next Friday for three days. That will be my biggest challenge to date: partly because we will eat out twice a day but partly because my 70-something mother still watches what I eat like a hawk and likes to publicly comment on my choices (even though I have spoken to her about it a number of times). Historically it’s to point out that I am not drinking enough water and eating too many carbs; this time I know she’s going to tell me I’m not eating enough. She doesn’t know I’m on the BSD as it’s one more thing for her to have an opinion on and will encourage daily enquiries about my weight. I love my mum dearly but I can do without the constant critical narrative in my ear. I turn into a rebellious teenager and deliberately eat more in front of her to reinforce my adult choices. I don’t want to do this anymore; I want things to be different now. (Ironically my Dad doesn’t eat rice, pasta or potatoes for weight control; she complains about that endlessly too…) Truthfully, I’m still hurting from last Christmas where she publicly rationed my (and only my) roast potatoes at the main meal because ‘I didn’t need any more’. In front of all the family and even a family friend who joined us for the meal. It was the latest humiliation in 25 years+ of the same. She doesn’t realise how hurtful it is, or doesn’t want to. I’m her eldest and her only daughter and I think she genuinely feels her comments are ‘helpful’. I realise she is probably too old to change her mindset now, so it is down to me to change my responses to her comments. This time I am going to breathe, smile and not shove a bag of crisps down my neck in anger. It’s going to be a good test for me as my journey progresses.

Have a lovely day everyone.
    Sarah

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Good morning everyone! Well at last Saturday is here because for some reason it feels as though the week has been extra busy but it’s half-term next week in Sussex so no Adult Ed classes to attend. We are just back from having our annual flu jabs & the surgery full with children also having it now & that seems such a good idea.
    I weighed myself today & seem to have lost 1 & 3/4 lbs. but my husband wants to weigh on Monday as I will again because it will be the end of week three so Day 21 for us. We are off to a classical concert tonight so an early supper of the beef stir fry & baked cauliflower with Parmesan that we both enjoy. Breakfast was natural Greek yoghurt with raspberries for him & blueberries for me & for lunch houmous & vegetable cruditΓ©s so I think well within 800 calories. I am surprised with us eating so little that I am not losing more weight, my husband loses more than me & has less to lose but I think is losing more internal fat which is what this diet is all about. I have just bought the Collins gem GI book detailing carbs more clearly so perhaps we are eating too many although mostly staying within 800 calories? We also after meals chew M & S sugar & so called calorie free chewing gum so wonder if this has some unknown odd effect?
    We went out to see a local production of Spamalot that was a good laugh & very sillyπŸ˜‚
    Hope you all have a good weekend & manage to resist tempting food, for me I managed to resist a tub of ice cream last night but will I manage to do so in the concert interval when many will be eating theirs & they sell a tempting Cornish ice cream!!?

• posted by Fairyface
    on

End of week three weight.

Starting weight 1-10-16: 114.2kg
    3rd week weight 22-10-16: 108.4kg

So pleased with myself.:-)

Away with grandchildren for week four but just sitting down with hubby and doing a menu plan and he is going todo the shopping whilst I have a clean up and tidy before we go away tomorrow. Just looking at menues the boys will be able to eat with us with added extras for them.

Hope everyone else has done well.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Carb-Addict (((((x))))) you can get through this. You give fantastic support to other people doing this diet remember…..
    Onwards and downwards. I know its a lot easier for me having my husband to help but you have all the people on this thread.
    Just smile at your mum and try not to let her comments get to you. Come on here and have a rant instead of going into the kitchen to eat. That just spoils the diet for YOU not your mum. Keep on track even though you are busy. Easier said than done I know. I am the first one to give up on a diet. Professional diet give-upper thats my middle name. But you can see it works for others it WILL and CAN work for YOU.

KEEP ON TRACK Carb-Addict I want you to do well (((((((hugs))))))) πŸ™‚

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Butterfly Moves Well done for not eating tonnes of junk food on your travels. Its lovely to see you back:-)

• posted by PatC
    on

Hi Cazza53 – I wasn’t being rude about the weather in wonderful North Yorkshire I lived there for thirty years and loved it, but there were a fair few grey days in that time – and also some beautiful ones as you described, it is truly God’s own county – and as much as I love the weather here I also miss North Yorkshire.

Sarah, Carb Addict you are the up on my down days, so give yourself a break and just smile to yourself when your mum (who ought to know better) says her piece, tune her out and as she’s talking imagine the pounds getting less and less and what lovely things you are going to give yourself as each pound melts away, and how the next time she sees you you will have a beautiful new haircut, long nails and a new wardrobe. That might stop her in her tracks! Good luck. X

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

I just logged today’s food, including my cheat meal, on MFP. That was pretty painful, and an eye opener about how many carbs are in the foods I used to enjoy so much compared to what I am existing on now. What I had this morning was a pretty standard breakfast for me pre-BSD. I can only say ‘no blinking wonder I got fat!’

• posted by Sierravalley
    on

Congrats everyone–3 weeks done!

Only lost 1 pound this week for a total of 18, but I find myself eating more than the 800 calories on many days-my rationalization is that I’m exercising so much more. And I know I don’t drink nearly enough water…..I just don’t like it until I’m at the point of a totally dry mouth. I still should be happy, I haven’t been at this weight for 4 years.

I have to recommit to being very good. On the plus side I lost 4.5″ in my belly roll and 2″ in my hips. My clothes fit better (nothing falling off yet, unfortunately). My ankles and feet feel great; knees kind of sore from exercising. Some of my shoes are getting looser. But I have so far to go. I was encouraged because I lost so much the first week but it seems every week is getting tougher because I’m not getting that instant gratification we all want because we have given up so much.

Have a great week ahead and really work at being a big “loser” everyone. Love reading your posts even though I don’t respond everyday.

Carb Addict, so sorry that your Mom isn’t being supportive and I know that hurts, my Mom was like that, but she has passed. So be happy you still have her, realize she’s never going to change and do the best you can to not let it derail you–I know, easier said than done. But you voice opinions on many of the things we all are dealing with and I enjoy your posts.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Just had the cod and chorizo from the recipe book. Quite nice:-)
    Easy to make for just one person.

• posted by Lisa67
    on

Week 3 over πŸ™‚

After my 10 days of Plateau I did my weekly weigh in and have lost 4lbs this week stick in there carb addict, I was also getting a little fed up with losing nothing and some days putting 1lb on next day it coming off.
    Happy to say my blood sugars are remaining between 5 and 8 not bad considering they were 17.3 3 weeks ago. I have so much more energy, my skin is great (hubby said I looked younger yesterday) ha ha he obviously wants something!! Still loving the food and really not missing the carbs (yet) that were my lifeline.
    Congratulations everyone for your achievements so far we can do this, I think week 4 will show some good results.
    Have a great week everyone x

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Daily weigh-in: after yesterday’s breakfast carb blow-out, the scales register a 1kg (2.2 lbs) gain. Ouch. That’s a quarter of my weight loss to date back on in a single day. Looking at the calories consumed, scientifically there is no way this is all fat gain, but clearly my body didn’t react well.

I won’t deny it hurts a bit, but I take responsibility for my actions. And I now have proof of what will happen if I go back my old ways: I needed the lesson I think. So onwards with week four where I am going to take this kg off, and more. Have a good day all.

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Carb Addict you have a great attitude and you will get thereπŸ‘πŸ½There is not a dieter out there that hasn’t has set backs. I have had many over the years with dieting. I wish we all lived near each other and could meet over a coffee and discuss our woes and joys.
    Yesterday my husband said this is the first time I haven’t moaned about being on a diet😱And that I have just got on with this one. I think it’s because he is eating the same foods with a slight addition to his meals e.g. Adding in rice or potato to his meals. Last night we ate chicken stir fry with sugar snap peas and mange tout. It was delicious !! Tomorrow I am off work and will do some batch cooking for the freezer. I have decided to add berocca to my diet next week and the week after start exercising. Would love to find an exercise buddy.
    Ziggy

• posted by Canidoit
    on

Hello everyone, not been here for a while but still sticking to the diet. I have lost weight 10lbs in just under 3 weeks which is amazing for me, I just can’t wait for someone to notice. Even my husband who knows about the diet hasn’t said a word! I must admit though reading through the threads I should pay more attention to carbs not just calories. I think really I’m still getting my sugar fix. We have apple trees in the garden and I put a few slices in Greek yogurt and in my porridge in the morning and I’m sure it’s very wrong but I add teaspoon of raisins too or a couple of prunes.
    It is wonderful to read everyone’s stories here and see how this diet can work for so many lifestyles.
    I’m off now to check out some low calorie low – carb meal ideas. XX

• posted by Meeshe42
    on

Hi All

Still going fine and cooking lots of different meals and i haven’t missed carbs at all…..still not drinking any alcohol. Came across a non-alcoholic spirit which is free of sugar and sweetener and makes a nice treat in the evening at weekends when my boyfriend is drinking alcohol. This tuesday i would have been following the plan for 4 weeks and so far I have lost 17.5lbs which I am very happy with. I can exercise more now and have noticed I have more energy. (spinning twice a week and playing tennis for an hour on sat morning) I think as I am so in the zone which helps as I work in a department where cakes, chocolates etc are in arms reach daily. I feel this diet is my last resort to succeed and also I can see success which is spurring me on!

In my years of dieting though if you do slip off then it isn’t about giving yourself a hard time its brushing yourself down and getting back on the plan again. Life deals set backs without ourselves giving us a hard time!

I do enjoy having yogurt, fruit and seeds/almonds for brekkie in the week and at weekends english brekkie or smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and avocado. I have done several recipes from the book which helps.

Keep going everyone and its nice catching up with how everyone is getting on. All doing brilliantly x

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Oh dear. I have a dark tale of warning for anyone planning to eat at The Cheesecake Factory (TCF) (probably only applies to our North American friends).

Contrary to what the same suggests, TCF is an American restaurant chain which serves an amazing variety of (mostly high quality) food. Portion sizes are gi-normous and the selection is staggering. It is very popular here in the UAE and one of my favourite places to eat out at.

Not anymore. In fact, I think I can never go there again.

To cut short my tale of woe, I found myself there for lunch today and I ordered the antioxidant salad. It’s mainly a bowl of lettuce and kale, with a tiny amount of grapes, chunks of pear, some pine nuts and a small amount of avocado. I know how high calorie most of their menu is and I thought I was making a super healthy, surely relatively BSD-compliant choice. I mean, how many calories and carbs can a bowl of kale and lettuce have.

850 calories and 45g of carbs to be precise. I can’t believe it. I blew both today’s cal and cab count on a bowl of KALE!!!!

Furthermore, after crying into my curly kale, I looked up the other dishes on the menu I used to enjoy. The so-called skinny shrimp summer rolls – the small dieter’s appetiser portion – came in at 500 cals and a whopping 70g of carbs! I used to put two plates of that stuff away in one sitting! And forget the non-skinny food – I worked out that if you had a meal of fish and chips, followed by a slice of cheesecake and washed down with a milkshake, you were looking at 4500 kcals+ for the one meal!!

My point is:
    * MyFitnessPal and their ilk are great sources of info on restaurant food – just look up your menu choices BEFORE you instruct the waiter….
    * Don’t go to the Cheesecake Factory
    * Don’t eat kale. (Only joking – well, half-joking)

We try again tomorrow….sigh….

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

So sorry to read Carb_Addict that you were caught out when you thought you had so carefully chosen your meal! As you said who would think kale would be high carb? It doesn’t make sense really.
    We are still not too sure how many carbs we are eating although largely eating near to 800 calories daily. It’s our end of week three weigh in tomorrow so will post how we get on but I don’t feel any slimmer this week.
    Oh well best feet forward everyone for next week!!

• posted by shalimar
    on

I don’t really think it was the kale …. more likely the with a tiny amount of grapes, chunks of pear, some pine nuts and a small amount of avocado …. dressing?

Even though i am always surprised by the carbs in vegetables. 34 calories and almost 7 carbs in chopped kale according to my fat secret … and most sources i checked online.

Yes …. it is very carb and calorie dangerous out in the restaurant world.

• posted by Natalie
    on

It probably had a high calorie dressing (fat and sugar), Carb Addict. My husband once made “healthy” choices at McDonalds and we worked out later he would have been better off with a burger and fries! They put a lot of stuff on salads to make it taste less like salad.

We have “The Cheesecake Shop” in Australia which just sells cheesecake and cake – probably shouldn’t go there either!

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Daily-weigh in: another 100g on. And I still have a gripey stomach ache, which came on shortly after the 850kcal Kale Incident. Given that I can’t calm my stomach with dry toast, I think food and I will have the day off from each other today until I feel better. I’m definitely reacting to something I ate yesterday.

(Have come to the conclusion that yesterday’s salad shock must have been due to the dressing. There was like two grapes in the salad, 15 pine nuts max and I barely located any pear. I usually ask for the dressing on the side but forgot yesterday. You live and learn!)

I’m back to tracking like a ninja. I WILL do this.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Day 21 end of week 3 weigh in!
    I may have lost 1 & 1/4 lbs this week so I started this diet on Monday 3rd October weighing 13stone 8.2lbs
    Today Monday 24th October I am weighing 12 stone 13.8lbs. Total loss 8 & 1/2lbs?
    My husband this week lost 2.2lbs he started this diet on Monday 3rd October weighing 13stone 1lb
    Today Monday 24th October he is weighing 12 stone 2lb. Total loss 13 lbs!
    My husbands blood tests have changed from 7 to an average of 5 & he was stopped from taking Gliclazide by his GP in the first week & now takes Metformin two tablets twice daily. So my husband is doing really wellπŸ˜€πŸ˜€His internal visceral fat has changed from 15 to 13 but his trousers aren’t yet falling downπŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ˜₯It looks like my husband, like Michael Mosley, may be a TOFI ( thin on the outside & fat on the inside ) with an inherited tendency to Type 2 from his father who also didn’t look overweight. He is aiming to lose another ten pounds to get to a lower BMI & to weigh 11stone 7 lbs. He is 5ft 11inches tall.
    I am aiming to lose 3 more stone to get below 10 stone to reach within my normal BMI range & I am 5ft 3 inches tall. If my husband is an indicator men lose weight more easily than women on this regime because we eat exactly the same things perhaps height weight ratio in men/women is a factor πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

• posted by Nickix
    on

Hi folls

Well done to all who have done well and to us who haven’t done so well keep up with it don’t worry and just think I’ve swoped to the 5:2 for a couple of days 😜 See we’re still at it! Got loads of excuses me! Lol but if it keeps us going. πŸ‘

Anyway have a good day peeps

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Oh I have some good news…..This morning I decided to tidy up my bikini area and lady bits and guess what !!??
    I could actually see them without having to pull my stomach out of the way and bend over every which way. Now I decided not to weight myself when I started BSD and haven’t .. but this is definitely working. I have a skirt that I bought last year I couldn’t fasten the waist then but will try it on at week 8.

MIssZiggyπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

Good morning fellow dieters!

It was a beautiful weekend in SOuthern Ontario, sunny, cool… The only dark cloud was the 2 lb weight gain this week.

I may have been getting lax with portion sizes, so I am strictly weighing and tracking this week! I’m hoping it was the 3 week blip and that next week will be downwards again!

Am completely bogged down at work, so I’m reading and commiserating with you all in my head!

CarbAddict – Reading your post about your mother, I was thinking that it could have been written by me, about my Dad (78). Although this time is going better. He lives with me and he’s either mellowed or his forgetfulness is giving me a break. LOL. It’s hard living with the food police, I think a portion of my weight is just there to spite him.

Cheers,

Deb

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Has anyone tried BARE NAKED RICE. I thought it was absolutely horrible!! It contains almost zero carbs. The only way I can describe the texture is that it’s like finely chopped boiled egg whites. I must stop buying substitutes that have no resemblance to the real thing-lesson learnt!
    MissZiggy

• posted by Nickix
    on

Still not had the nerve to weigh myself! Have the feeling of something heavy in my stimach so to scared but i feel like I’m loosing. My bra is looser and I don’t seem to have the back boobs i used to! I would measure myself but it’s to ruddy cold! Lol πŸ˜‚ so just going with convincing myself I’m doing really well! Can’t be disappointed then! How do others convince themselves? X

• posted by Natalie
    on

MissZiggy I’ve been avoiding packaged low-carb substitutes cause I know they will be horrible! For rice I’m having a tiny serve of quinoa or a big serve of cauliflower “rice” (which is just cauliflower chopped finely).

Oh and I look forward to the day I can attend to personal grooming without my stomach getting in the way!

• posted by ButterflyMoves
    on

Sounds like we are all having ups and downs on the journey. I survived my weekend away with a small loss taking me to 5.8kg lost in total by mid week 3 (almost 13lbs). I’m proud of the way I only ate the food I brought with me, though I did succumb to more than one glass of wine in the festival atmosphere. I’m going to try some of my pretty skinnier frocks today and see if I’m any closer to getting those zips up…

• posted by Nickix
    on

Took the plunge! Not sure if it’s the cold tape! Lol but 2 1/2 inches off from under my bust!! Amazing all that internal fat from around my organs gone!! πŸ‘
    Thanks folks for keeping me on the straight and narrow x

• posted by AndreaG
    on

Hi there
    Not a great weekend (I was away at my sisters) in terms of weight loss. I managed the food OK – at least carb wise, possibly a bit over on calories – but I failed to resist the wine! I had a glass (or2) each night for 4 nights running. Feel like a total lush. At least I know now what impact it has on the scales – 1.4kg gain! However, 500grams came off yesterday so hopefully I’ll finish rehydrating today and get somewhere close to where I was. Definitely not worth it though to go back a week.

Well done to all those who managed to lose over the weekend, and for those on a plateau – stick with it. These seem to be the difficult weeks looking at the other forums but you do start losing again.
    Have a good week.

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

Onwards! I had a NSV yesterday. I went into the grocery store, hungry, and only came out with what I went in for! Of course I spent the entire time talking my chimp out of buying chocolate. Hallowe’en is a fun time, lol.

On the perent front, the reason I was at the store was to buy a head of Savoy Cabbage for my Dad. He’s in the midst of making cabbage rolls to freeze for the winter. He made about 100 yesterday, with beef and rice and is going to use the new head of cabbage to make me some without rice “because that’s a carb right?”

I need to remember that sometimes he’s not the food police, just my Dad who wants the best for me.

=)

Make today (and tomorrow) a great one!

Cheers,

Deb

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Hello team,

I didn’t weigh in today – because I flew to Saudi Arabia during the night and am writing this from a small city in the middle of nowhere on the Red Sea coast, just over the water from Africa. It’s going to be an intense few days – I have already been up and working 35 hours out of the last 38 – so I’m just going to do my best with the hotel food and work cafeteria food available! Today wasn’t so bad but I did make a couple of low-grade carb choices when I started to slow down with tiredness tonight, having been super strict all day. I don’t enjoy these carbs as much as I used to for sure.

Deb – I hear you. We have to balance our own emotions with the understanding that they think they are doing what is best for us. I may need reminding of this after my mother lands on Friday morning πŸ™‚

Oh, and just to give you the visual of my little life this week: I’m dressed in the traditional Bedouin black dress (‘abaya’) that covers me from my neck to my wrists to my ankles, plus high heels, and running around like a loony as the most senior woman and only Western one, and one of three women in total, on an industrial site with 1200 men. I have spent seven months of the last 12 working in Saudi Arabia and it’s been far more fun than I would have imagined. The most dangerous bit? The looseness of the abaya covers a LOT of carb over-consumption and Saudi men like their women curvy, so they can’t understand why I’m passing on the rice, lol. “But Sarah! Have some bread! Have some rice! Why no potatoes today??” My Saudi male colleagues are most perplexed already, lol.

Well done everyone – so thrilled with your losses and/or your learnings.
    Sarah

Please log in or register to post a reply.