100 day Journey to Easter

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Thank you for the suggestions Jennie,
    When I started on this way of eating I set myself different targets along the way along with rewards. As well as “rewards” for each stone, I also set myself rewards for larger targets. For example I really needed to upgrade my car, so I set that as my reward for discarding the first 3 stone. I also have a plan for when I get to target, To go on a riding holiday in the States.

Fasting breaks into different categories.

TRE Time restricted eating is when you have an eating window during a day, so for example you may see people talking about 16:8 or 18:6 as their fasting:eating windows.
    ADF is Alternate Day Fasts. usually 36 or 42 hour fasts. Often done in a pattern of fasting monday, wednesday and friday.
    EF Extended Fasts are more than 2 or 3 day long fasts depending on which group you are following.

Having stayed low carb and discarded enough weight that to carry that weight of animal feed I need to use a wheelbarrow,, because its too much to sling in sacks on my shoulders. its a bit frustrating that I still have to be so exacting on carbs. While I built strength and thrust taking part in a 3 month research project on weight training I discarded a minimal amount of body fat. – I still have to stick at 20g ish to stay in ketosis and if I come out it takes a couple of days to get back into ketosis.

The theory is that prolonged periods of low insulin are needed to help the body reverse insulin resistance. Wendy and I are supporting each other with our experimenting with ADF. But I guess to be fair that means I need to pick up a new set of bathroom scales so I can record progress. I have decided to put the money saved on food each week into a pot to spend on myself at Easter.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello everyone
    Been a busy day on the thread today and I’ve just been catching up with how you’re all doing. Thank you for some too tips. I was working today and it was so cold at the vaccination centre. I took some home made soup and a Warburton’s thin with cheddar cheese for my lunch. My evening meal was some egg muffins with mushrooms and pepper and cheese and a few Halloumi fries. Probably slightly over calories and carbs but it was so cold at work today I reckon I shivered off the excess! I weighed myself this morning and was up yet again. I am now the same weight as I was at the start of this month so not lost anything! How disappointing after three weeks. Let’s see how much I’ve lost on day 12 from today. I’ll be lucky to lose 3lb! In all seriousness, my husband cannot fathom my poor weight loss since starting in January. The effort to reward ratio is poor. He sees what I eat and can’t believe it when I tell him I’ve not lost or I’ve gained (don’t mention the chocolate 🍊 orange]!

I am tired out tonight – been so cold today at work and quieter than usual. I hardly drank any water today so tomorrow I will address that and work at having a better day food wise. I feel so tired of battling with my weight. When I did this in 2017 the weight came off slowly but quicker than it is coming off now! I need to get into a more positive frame of mind! I need to believe in myself and believe I can do this.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone,
    I was tired tonight and one of those nights that would normally have me running into the local shops to find something quick and easy to eat. But I’m not going into shops right now, and still have so much food in the house, so I quickly put together a stir fry with frozen veg and some forgotten prawns that I found at the bottom of the freezer, and had a rare pescatarian evening. It was delicious and very educational, because it came together in less time than it would have taken me to drive to the shops and back, never mind actually do the shopping.
    I made a broccoli quiche last night and had the leftovers for lunch, so all together not a bad day on the food front. Such a big win to be cooking regularly and enjoying food again.
    I know what you mean about the effort to reward ratio, Cathy. I can’t say I’m trying overly hard right now, but I did for so long before and hit a point where the weight just wouldn’t budge. I think I’m still at a point where my iron levels are interfering with my weight loss. I’m going to talk to my new GP about getting iron infusions because I’m so tired of the tablets and I get so many side effects from them that I don’t stay on them consistently. Hoping that will help with my energy level as well.
    DCT – I follow the Somerset flower farmer and florist Georgie Newbery on youtube, and I was laughing at one of her recent videos where she is dressed in a loose-knit jumper with a puffy vest on top, no hat or gloves, and proclaiming that “it’s freezing!”. I shouted back at the video “it’s not freezing if you can have exposed skin without getting frost-bite!”. On one of our coldest mornings the lock on my feed room door was frozen shut, and I made a rookie mistake of taking my glove off to try to get it open. Even just the cold air started to immediately burn my skin, never mind the metal of the lock. Anyway, it will be going back down to around -10 C this week, but that is still quite manageable. Much prefer the cold to the heat and wildfires that we had in the summer.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi sorry I’ve not been contributing much to this thread. The bus is spinning out of control for me …. so many people, so many stories… I’m just losing track! I think I might be more in tune with the shorter challenges. So I’m getting of the bus at the next stop, sorry, but I wish you all a happy, healthy and productive journey to Easter. Can’t wait to hear your results!
    Happy travelling!

• posted by Mlkm
    on

Hello, All, Time I jumped in and made a commitment to myself as inertia has set it and this journey and group may help me along and who knows, I may be able to help some on their journey. I live in an isolated community, am over weight by some 30 lbs, aged 73 Yrs young, diabetic 2, of course and first time attempting the diet. Read M Mosley some years ago, seemed very logical, and life was too hectic/too busy to start but now been asked to consider insulin as most meds don’t agree with me. Stated diet/program 2nd wk January but have fallen of a couple of times. Looking forward to hearing about all your experiences/successes etc. Thanks for starting this challenge.

• posted by Verano
    on

Mlkm hello and welcome.
    There are a few of us still posting who have reversed our T2, but many others eating this way have too.
    I started eating low carb in mid 2016. My HbA1c was never very high, 6.4 (46) on average, on the highest dose of metformin. I only reduced my medication when I went for a 6 month check up so in February 2017 my HbA1c was 5.6. (38) and went onto half medication. Then by August I was off medication completely and my readings were 5.4 (34). I’ve remained in remission, at a similar BS level, ever since. I think my blood sugar was actually in the ‘normal’ range within a matter of weeks. So it really does work.
    I lost weight, gained some but still kept my BS in the normal range. In my experience you need to concentrate on the carbs rather than weight per se. Obviously weight loss is good but remaining low carb in the long term is the real secret to keeping blood sugar ‘normal’. I would recommend reading some of Professor Roy Taylor’s work. He talks about a ‘weight set point’, which is individual to you, but it’s when you exceed that point then BS starts rising again. So a bit of trial and error but to get into remission you really need to ditch the ‘white stuff’ and any really high carb foods. Concentrate more on the carbs than the calories. BTW fat is our ‘friend’!
    Best of luck and enjoy your journey.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi bus dwellers! I saw an analogy today that I think relates to us B’Ds…as we take twists and turns on our Easter busride.
    It was talking about roadblocks…”Trust the process. Don’t be deflated when you hit a roadblock. They are mere messages being sent.’ Alert! You took a wrong turn. Adjust your path accordingly and proceed forward!’
    If you have a plan and are flexible about dealing with stumbles on the way,you will eventually reach the right destination !XX💕💕💕

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi everyone! I haven’t posted because it’s been a crazy few weeks here, my mother hasn’t been well which has taken a lot of time, my brother came down from Queensland for a visit for the first time in more than two years, two old friends sadly have passed away and my SIL has tested positive for covid. Luckily he hasn’t been very sick but he is nervous of his health at any time so my hope now is that he doesn’t develop long covid. And that my daughter and baby grandson don’t catch it! So far so good.
    I would say I have been 95% on track for all that, I can’t go off track at home anyway because there is nothing off track to eat in the house 🙂
    The scales are wobbling around the same two kilos but I’m not really concerned, the humidity here has caused my hands and feet to swell up dramatically. My feet look as if they have pillow on top and the swelling goes almost to my knees. On the bright side though, the tape measure shows another inch has gone from both my waist and belly so that has to be good.
    Welcome MLKM! I started eating this way in 2017 and lost 50lb. Some has gone back on after I stopped smoking and then the pandemic which is why I am back here, If we follow it, this way of eating really works, Good luck!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Welcome aboard the bus MLKM! And well done being your own best friend and making a commitment to yourself to be healthy and well xx
    MARIET great to see you again. I was wondering how you and yr DD and little grandson are doing. Hope SIL recovers quickly,and yr Mum X well done on inches off and on being ‘ good ‘ 👏👏👏👏👏👏95%of the time is goodgoing! My weight probs started when I gave up smoking ( 30 a day!) years ago.
    RIP to yr two dear friends,it’s very sad when that happens.xx
    Onwards and downwards folks xx

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hello everyone and big welcome to Mlkm. I hope you enjoy travelling with us!

Thanks also to Jennie for giving a shout out to some of our early posters. Hope you are still with us? It would be lovely to hear from you.

Mariet, sorry to hear about your losses. So sad. I have my friend’s daughter’s funeral next week which is going to be very difficult. Sending love to you at this time, and also hope your family come through Covid very soon.

Arcticfox brrrrr!! I’ve felt so cold this week and we’re still mostly above freezing. And that’s in the house with heating on. I feel such a wimp when you describe -10c as being manageable. My respect for you has just gone even higher!

Busy week this end. I’ve just taken on some additional freelance work which I’m finding stressful. Once I get into it. it will be fine, but there’s lots to learn and also the IT systems I need to use had not been set up properly so I wasted a lot of time trying to work out how to do things and thinking it was just me being stupid! Anyway, I’m beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel now.

But on a positive note, I have lost 4lb this week! A few of us started a 12 day mini challenge on Monday and I’ve stuck to it absolutely. Which is very unusual for me! I’ve used mostly recipes from the new MM book and have logged absolutely everything. Being realistic, I think the weight loss is mostly water and also my body addressing recent carb gain – Christmas and all. But it’s still encouraging and a great motivator. I hope to make more progress over the next week, but am worried because I have social events tonight and tomorrow. Bad timing. I find that however much I want to stay on track in these situations it can be very difficult to do so. But fingers crossed I can navigate these muddy waters without too much collateral damage!

Hope everyone else is ok this morning? Have a great weekend X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

DCT well done on 4 lb down on the 12 day mini challenge!
    I totally agree how life can get in the way sometimes,events really can be bad timing,hope your weekend social events go ok without too much damage! You can do it! 🙏👍🙂 xx
    Have a groovy weekend everyone xx
    DAWN, been thinking of you with the lifting of care home visits xx💜

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone and well done DCT on the 4lb loss so far! I’ve had a mixed week food wise but not too bad,will hopefully have lost some weight after the 12 days.Thanks for thinking of me re the care home visits Yowzer, unfortunately we are still not able to visit my Dad as there have been 3 more Covid cases,this time in residents.We’ve had a bit of a worrying time recently with him as he’s had nasty infections in a couple of his toes so they are monitoring it closely.My Mum was due to have another investigative procedure and remove a polyp on Tuesday but as my sister pulled up with her outside the hospital her phone rang and it was a nurse saying there had been an error and she shouldn’t have been booked in for the investigative procedure as they already had the information they needed and the polyp needed to be removed at a different hospital so we are now waiting to hear when that will be.She was very apologetic but I felt so sorry for my Mum as she had been worrying about it for weeks and had to drink 2 litres of some special drink the previous night which hadn’t been pleasant.She’s 86 and it’s a lot for her to have had to go through for nothing.So, like lots of us at the moment, plenty to be anxious about,sorry I’m not posting much but I’m still trying to read posts every day.Dawn X

on

Hello Everyone
    How quickly are the weeks flying by?
    Dawn- so sorry for your mum- how upsetting for her. That is a bad clerical error somebody made. If she had to drink Moviprep then my heart goes out to her. It’s absolutely vile!

DCT- fantastic weight loss news for you. I am still in on the 12 day challenge but it was my nieces 21st birthday tea on Wednesday evening and it was the first time I’ve been to a social occasion in two years and I indulged! I had lost a couple of pound when I checked and I am going to knuckle down this next week and see if I can lose another couple. Well done on your mega good week. I reckon you can claw back any damage after the weekend and hopefully won’t do too much harm this weekend. Let’s have another good week and hopefully the numbers will inspire us to keep going. I am hoping that when I weigh in next Saturday I will have lost 4 lb.

Mariet- sounds like you are having a difficult few weeks so well done for keeping on track. I hope your daughter and baby stay well. I have spoken to a lot of people at the vaccination centre who have recently had omicron and thankfully they were not too poorly- mainly bad headaches.

Have a lovely weekend everyone. I forgot to get weighed this morning because I was rushing out to work. I had lost a couple of pounds on Wednesday but then I went to the party tea and so maybe it was good that I didn’t weigh myself this morning. I will weigh myself next Saturday morning for the 12 day challenge and then take things from there and post my February goal. I would love to weigh 148 lb next weekend and then I think I will aim for 145 for February.

• posted by Pina Baker
    on

Hi everyone,
    I’m new on this site and new to the diet. I’ve just bought Dr Mosley’s 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet book and am preparing to start. I was diagnosed with diabetes a couple of years ago and received some very basic advice from a dietician which I didn’t really take too much notice of. I’ve had a very stressful 4 or 5 years and ‘coped’ with eating junk. I’ve decided this year to lose weight properly instead of just in dribs and drabs and started from scratch by actually buying a set of scales and ordering Lite N Easy meals.
    I love the convenience of the delivered meals which I get delivered 5 days/week but haven’t seen too much change as yet from when I started 4 weeks ago. I’m still thinking of the weekends as a time to relax the rules and I need to get out of that mindset. I’m hoping that by reading the book and educating myself more on the calorie content in foods, and referring to the menus, I’ll gradually be able to get back to my own meal preparation and follow the diet in earnest.
    Good luck everyone

on

Hi Pina and welcome. I hope you enjoy travelling with us and start moving towards your goals. I’m not familiar with Lite N Easy so can’t comment on its effectiveness. All I would say is that I’d expect to see some change after 4 weeks.

Either way, I can really recommend the BSD. Even if you decide to do it for only part of each week it will definitely make a difference. Many of us on here have been doing it for a while and have experienced significant weight loss, even if we then plateau for a while or put a bit of weight back on due to going off piste.

Anyway, good luck! Let us know how you’re doing, and please feel free to ask any questions: hopefully someone will have the answer X

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi guys,

My first week of following ADF has gone better than expected, but I took it easy and allowed myself a couple of coffees with cream each day, as well as mugs of weak gravy made with gravy granules with added salt. I was surprised that I wasn’t clock watching and running to the fridge at lunch time on eating days.

I am going to repeat next week, with a couple of changes. I am going to have my evening meal early so that i can fit in 42 hours between eating windows (was and average of 39 hours this week) I am also going to try to be cleaner during the fasting windows sticking to soda water, (or if I want a hot drink black coffee with added salt) Cutting out the cream in coffee and salty weak gravy.

My aim at present is focusing on improving my health post covid, reducing inflammation and particularly the swelling in my legs from the months of falling asleep sitting up during the period of fatigue. Long term I think I need to improve insulin sensitivity.

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello all
    I have read your posts and would very much like to join you🤗
    I have had blood tests and confirmed that I gave boarder line diabetes I have to see nurse tomorrow
    I did the bad 5 years ago s we hitch was successful but unfortunately life had got in the way and I have fallen off the wagon big time!
    I am an emotional eater and do much had gone wrong for me over the past few years but I know I need to pull myself together and try and sort this out
    I have all the books including all the 8 weeks recipes plan so I have no excuse!!
    I think I just need some help along the way so hopefully I can join this forum

My name is Lynda x💞

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Welcome NOKIE and PINA to our happy travelling band! XX
    DAWN how frustrating about yr Dads care home! And your poor Mum having to go through that horrid procedure for nothing AND yr Dad getting infections. Sending hugs to all the family xx you’ve all had a very rough time of it xx
    JGWEN very well done on ADF!i used to be made of sterner stuff,and did ADF and 5:2 quite a lot….I’m not as steely as I used to be 🙄xx
    Hello to ARCTIC,MLKM,VERANO,MARIET,CCATHYSuEBLUE!LINDA and all….our bus is bursting at the seams,just the way we like it,( but not our clothes! 🙂😀 Sending hugs and wishing you good going in the week ahead! XXX

• posted by Natalie
    on

Hi folks, I’ve just swung myself back on board the bus! I was a regular on the BSD and forums years ago, got about halfway to my goal weight then settled into a plateau that I could live with. But I’ve spent a lot of the past two years sitting at home due to COVID lockdowns and I used food as entertainment so all the weight is back. Sigh. When I did finally get back to work at the end of last year I found to my horror that literally none of my work clothes fit me, I had to wear jeans for a few days until I could get some new clothes!
    It’s great to see lots of familiar faces on the bus, and some new ones too. I haven’t got the new keto book yet so I’ve been interested to hear what people say about it. I’ve always eaten lots of protein so that part is easy for me, getting carbs down is the hard part. Last time I think I felt unwell and unhappy if I went under about 80g, and I don’t like fasting either. But I’ll ease into it and see how I go, starting with extending the overnight fast by not snacking after dinner!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Happy Monday all & Welcome back Natalie!
    Are you from Sydney? If so I think I remember your posts from a few years ago.
    It’s a brand new week, a brand new month tomorrow and I’m feeling quite positive today. My weigh in this morning showed a small loss, it was a reversal of a gain really, but at 89.6kg this means I’ve lost 1.5kg overall during January, which I’m happy with.
    I felt a bit down on the weekend, I was thinking about how much I miss some foods! Not takeaways or anything but grapes, mangoes, apples, oats… and I’m getting sick of eating so many eggs (with the focus on protein). And then when I thought about it I realised that BSD, Fast 800 and now the Fast 800 Keto are designed to be restrictive for the first 8-12 weeks and then you move on to 5:2 or the med lifestyle Plan – my problem is that I’ve never completed the initial 8 or 12 weeks of 800 calories! I continually stop and start, so I’ve never really gone back to more “normal” eating in the long term, if that makes sense. Yes I’ve lost weight (10.5kg last year alone), but it was more of a 5:2 year.
    So anyway this morning I dug out my Fast 800 recipe book for some more inspiration and I made spicy breakfast plums with Greek yoghurt and almonds for breakfast, and it was lovely (and not an egg in sight lol!).
    I’ve decided to aim for a Dry February – no wine at all (eeek!). I think this will give me the best chance of losing weight a bit faster. That and plus ensuring I walk at least 5 days per week and then sticking to 800-1000 calories every day, and limiting carbs to under 60g – this should allow me to have oats sometimes, and apples! As I have 10 – 14kg to lose still I need do it in a sustainable way.

JGWEN – glad to hear that ADF is working for you so far – I think it’s important we all find the best way forward for ourselves, as we are all individuals 🙂

Have a good week all!

• posted by Natalie
    on

Hi SueBlue, yes I’m from Sydney. I’m afraid I’ve been on and off the forums a few times over the years as I go through my inspired and virtuous/ burned out cycle. But it’s such a lovely group of people here it’s worth coming back to, and I do believe in the diet.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy everyone…SUEBLUE a good plan and yes! I agree,fruit’s so delicious,plus nutritious,it’s worth remembering we can incorporate some after the initial period.xx
    Welcome back NATALIE! I’m ashamed to say I’ve had the new MM book for a few weeks now and still haven’t opened it,🙄so you’re not alone! Xx

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone and thanks Yowzer for your kind words.Well,I know our 12 day mini challenge doesn’t finish until Saturday but I weighed myself this morning and haven’t lost a thing so far.The fact that I fell off the bus a few times last week may well have contributed to this.I will still weigh myself on Saturday morning but, as I’m genuinely interested in what I could do if I was strict for 12 days, I am resetting from tomorrow (I know theoretically my ‘resets’ could go on indefinitely so this will be the only one I do on this challenge! ) I have entered all of my meals for the next 6 days on MFP and got the majority of necessary shopping in from Aldi yesterday and going to M&S with my Mum today for the rest.I hope everyone is having a good day/evening.Dawn X

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi all, checking in for my regular weight/measure day. I still have grossly swollen feet and legs, can’t wait for some cooler, less humid weather. But I have had a small loss, 1.6kg for the month of January. Not spectacular but I’ll take it. And another half inch from my belly which is better again!
    Picked up my new puppy today, Frankie, 8 week old Shih Tzu. She is very cute and wants to be with me all the time so I’m not too confident of getting much sleep tonight!
    Keep your chin up Dawn, remember it’s only really a failure if you don’t get back on the bus. You can do this!
    SueBlue, most of my slip ups this last month have been over summer fruits. I just love them! It’s so hard to go past the mangoes, they are so delicious. And the peaches are divine just now. Oh well. Maybe next summer!
    Welcome back Natalie, I think I remember reading your name in previous times. I’m smother back and forth person 😬 but not giving up.
    Good luck to all and hello to everyone I haven’t responded to, puppy just crawled on my lap wanting attention…

• posted by Natalie
    on

Oo Mariet a new puppy! How cute.

on

Hello everyone

Mariet – so lovely that you’ve got a new puppy! Frankie sounds adorable! She will keep you busy!
    I’ve ended January with only a 2lb loss which isn’t too bad considering I’ve not really got into the
    Swing of things properly. I am hoping I might lose another pound before Saturday which is the last day of the 12 day mini challenge that some of us have tried. Dawn- I am like you- making little progress but still here and still trying! I’ll weigh myself on Saturday morning and see if I’ve made any further progress. I’ve let myself down by not being strict enough. I wonder if it is because I am not going away on holiday until September and there is no immediate urgency to be at goal? Possibly. However, I definitely do want to get rid of the excess baggage so that my clothes feel comfortable and am going to commit to trying really hard to lose 1lb of fat every week in February.
    Today is the start of a new month and a clean sheet. I’m making some quorn chilli for my evening meal and I’ll have that with some cauliflower rice. Four weeks today I am aiming to weigh 5lb lighter.
    For anyone struggling let’s draw a line under January- one of the hardest months to lose weight in my opinion and let’s be positive and see what we can do in February. I am aiming for 145lb on 1st March- what is your February goal!

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hi everyone
    I have been reading your posts over the last few days I am sure this is going to help me get back on the bus !!😂
    I have my results from my blood test not good it’s boarder diabetes and my cholesterol is really high I have 3 months to change this around so I am determined I did it five years ago so I can do it again this time for good!!😊
    I am really glad I have found this forum just might need help to keep me going
    One question I can’t remember is full fat Greek yogurt ok for the bsd ??
    Keep going everyone have a good week
    Lynda x😊

on

Hello Lynda
    This way of eating will definitely help to improve your blood results.
    Full fat Greek yoghurt is the only yoghurt I eat. I enjoy it with a few raspberries or occasionally with passion fruit and some pecans. I enjoy warming the raspberries in the microwave and putting the cold Greek yoghurt on them. The hot and cold combination is delicious! The creamy, full fat yoghurt fills me up and tastes delicious. I usually have this for my breakfast if I am not fasting until lunchtime.

I too had a problem with raised cholesterol last year because I think I was eating too much fat so I cut out cream in my coffee as I think I was over indulging and my cholesterol came down. I also cut out butter but I’m back on it again but less than I was eating last year. My nurse suggested it would take six months to get my cholesterol down to normal levels. Three months doesn’t seem long enough to me. My cholesterol came down from 6.3 with an LDL of 4.1 to cholesterol 5.1 and LDL 3.0 in six months. My GP was happy with my result as my overall Qrisk was 4.7%. I know many people on the forum have improved their cholesterol and blood sugar levels by following this way of eating.

I am pleased that you’ve joined us on the bus. I am sitting at the front during February and intend to stay on the straight and narrow.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

LYNDA – definitely full fat Greek yoghurt is recommended for BSD 🙂

MARIET – Frankie sounds adorable 🙂 This ho, humid weather has been awful hasn’t it? It causes an increase in joint pain for me, and my walking has dropped off a bit, I did manage 5,000 steps on Monday and Tuesday.

CATHY – I think you’ve hit the nail on the head there, I’m in a similar position. My aim is to lose another 10kg this year, and my goal was to do this by October when my daughter is planning on getting married. So I think in the back of my mind I’m thinking I still have plenty of time to reach goal. I agree that January is the worst month for losing weight! I do feel in a better mindset now that it’s February, and feel like I’ll see a result for the mini 12 day challenge as I’ve stuck to plan for half the time at least, and feel like I’m in the right mindset now. I’ll report my weight on Saturday.

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hi clarinet Cathy and sueblue
    Thanks for your reply re full fat yoghurt I thought I wax correct but needed to make sure !
    Also Cathy I agree 3 months isn’t long but I am just praying I can stick to the bsd and level comes down
    Is everyone sticking to 800 calories a day ? I gave all my notes from last time also recipe 📚 books
    Thanks again be in touch soon
    Lynda x💞

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

LINDA! SUEBLUES 100% correct,Greek yog is soooo useful,filling,delicious,nutritious as part of BSD.x
    CCATHY where do you get full fat Greek yog please! I haven’t been able to find it for ages,am making do with 10% now? Wd LOVE to have some yummy 100% Greek yog again 🙏 I love yr idea of warming the rasps first x
    MARIET ..Frankie is one of my favourite names! Aah bless her,she’ll need lots of TLC,she’s only just left her mummy and her siblings. You’ll have so much fun with her!x
    Keep going everyone..🎶🎶🎶We’ll travel along,singing a song,side by side!🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

on

Yowser- like you, my yoghurt is 10% full fat and I buy it from Aldi. I love it! Great source of protein for me as a vegetarian. Give the hot raspberries a go!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi CCATHY I’m deffo having the warm rasps with my Greek yog today!. Like you,it’s where I mostly get my protein,and now I’m doing the “rule of 50” I’m keeping an extra keen eye on getting more protein as well as less carbs. I get 10% Aldi or sometimes Fage 10%or a really nice one called KriKri…but I’m sure I remember when I first did BSD there was a 100% version,which I just can’t find anywhere now. 🙁I’m very glad that the latest MM book tells us not to count the carbs in non starchy veg!👍 More broc,cauli,watercress and lettuce for us 😀
    NOKIE I’m doing my very best to keep to 800 cals,but I’m focusing more on keeping carbs well under 50g and protein over 50 g ..sometimes it can be tricky to get all 3 things in the right amounts!
    Happy Feb everyone! XX like SUEBLUE said,Januarys the worst month and it’s now out of the way..we can hopefully do much much better. Sue, I only really began “12 day mini challenge within a challenge” yesterday!hope can stick to it. Fingers X’d for you on Saturday
    Xx

• posted by JGwen
    on

I am looking for inspiration, what do you “treat” yourself to as a reward to hitting target stages along your journey?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi JGWEN!
    I usually go for sthing that will improve my appearance ( seeing as hitting a weight loss target improves my appearance hopefully) So I might have my nails painted or buy a top that I know will be flattering ( in a colour that suits me,style that enhances ) as long as it’s not expensive as I hope to need a smaller size soon
    Or treat myself to a really good shower gel,body lotion..I love Neals Yard,DrOrganic,Welda,Lush,Elemis,Faith in Nature.
    Or buy myself a book or some nice stationery, or watch a good film online or at the cinema
    Anything lovely that’s not food or booze related! 😀😀 xx
    Well done on hitting a target stage! 👏👏 Go on and celebrate! X

• posted by JGwen
    on

Thanks for the ideas Yowzer,

I think I will spend a day (and probably money) at Hay on Wye when I drop a further 5 kg. I just love wandering from book shop to book shop (for those not in the UK there are over 50 second hand book shops in one small town in Wales)

Then the next treat will be a trip to a shopping centre and buying some costume earrings. I have a habit of loosing them so no point in paying out for gold ones. Or I could buy a pair of studs that stay in all the time, I may need to have my ears repierced as its been so long since I wore earrings.

I think I will leave shopping for clothes to a stage closer to my target, But I do intend to get rid of clothes that get too large this time, so its harder to slide backwards.

on

JGwen/Yowser
    These are great ideas!. I have one stone to lose and I will treat myself to something nice when I have lost half a stone! I think I’ll treat myself to some jewellery. I have never rewarded myself along this journey. I hope it will help to keep me motivated and rewarded.

JGwen – getting rid of our bigger clothes as we slim down is a great idea. When I reached goal in 2017 I got rid of all my clothes above a size 12. I had a wardrobe that had size 10 to size 18. Now I have nothing above a size 12 and hence why I am clawing back to goal as many clothes are tight!

I’ve made some chickpea and spinach curry for tea tonight and I’ll grate some cauliflower and microwave it. Lunch was cottage cheese and quorn slices with salad and I had hot raspberries and yoghurt for my breakfast with some pecans. I was 149 this morning so heading in the right direction once more ever so slowly. I’ve not been drinking enough water so am upping that too. I am feeling very motivated this week. I feel better now January is out of the way and I am hoping to lose 1lb every week in February and hope to weigh 145 lb at the end of this month. That will be a huge achievement. I’ve not weighed 145 lb since December 2020!

Hope everyone is feeling positive and motivated. What are your goals for February?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Nice to see so many names I recognise from the old days, and so many newcomers as well! I am a lapsed BSD Faster and though I managed for a few years to keep the weight regain at bay I find myself on the run in to my 5 year anniversary of reaching my (8 1/2 Stone lighter) target, (which in retrospect was too much. I won’t be able to fit back in my wedding dress again this year)
    Lockdown and the hubby getting pancreatic cancer at the same time completely ruined my diet, particularly when recovering from the surgery he could only stomach ice cream and sweet stuff, he’s fine, by the way, no sign of any more cancer, though it was major surgery. I got back into intermittent fasting last October but put the stone I lost back on again over Xmas, so am here again for a bit of encouragement as I fast through February, March and up to Easter. My wedding anniversary is just after Easter. I will be stepping off the bus a couple of times on the run in but in a planned way.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh hello MiXnMATCh! So lovely to see you here! 👏👏🥳🥳👏👏🥳🥳 so pleased to hear yr hubby’s ok,that must have been so difficult for you both.
    Welcome back,I’m same as you,lost loads back in the day,slowly put some back on,lots of us in that situation 🙄…THIS time we will know better!
    Im now back on my horse ( AND on a bus too!hehe!) clippety clopping back down that road again to slimness and health!
    Good to have you back!
    JGWEN that sounds wonderful,having so many bookshops to potter around.
    Pierced ears..I didn’t wear any earrings from March 2020 til recently and my ears are ok. I put a little body lotion on my ear lobes firstback and front,and the earrings slid in quite easily with that bit of help.Xx
    CCATHY how’s your job going?
    I’m the same re water,I find it difficult to drink what I should.
    Goals for Feb are to keep referring to fast800 keto book,and to keep to 800-900 ish cals,well under 50g carbs,and around 50+ protein. This is first time I’ve paid much attention to protein and it’s importance! I want to do as well as I did on the autumn /spring challenge.
    Good luck with yr Feb goal!
    I’m doing ok at the moment,I can tell I’m losing without getting on the scales,but we all know what a slippery slope it can be! Be brave and do well bus passengers!
    🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶

on

Hi everyone, just trying to catch up on all the posts. Been a busy and stressful week for all kinds of reasons, so I’ve not been able to stick as strictly to my 12 day plan as I wanted to. However, I’ve managed to maintain most of last week’s weight loss and intend to continue the second half of my 12 days next week instead of this, if that makes sense . . . .

Lovely to hear from everyone and welcome back Mix’n’Match. I do remember you! Am loving the idea of mini goal treats too, and agree with all of the ideas so far.

Lots of love to you all and will post properly soon X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Happy Friday all 🙂

Welcome Mix n Match! I do remember you also and sorry to hear about the rough trot you and your husband have had, glad he is recovered now.

As to treats – as a reward for losing over 10kg last year I have subscribed to receive a box of my favourite speciality teas (T2’s Singapore Breakfast tea and New York breakfast tea) once per month. I love these teas and at only 2 calories per cup (which I don’t count!) they help me to stay on plan. The Singapore one reminds me of the taste of biscuits dunked in tea! Whereas the NY one has a spicy, maple syrup type taste. To keep the cost down I ordered through Amazon subscriptions and have one box coming each month. Now I’ll need to plan my next treat 🙂

Cathy – sounds like you are motivated and good luck for reaching your Feb goal. I had some warmed raspberries with yoghurt and a few keto pancakes for breakfast this morning – 😋 lunch today will be broccoli & blue cheese soup and dinner is the last of the lentil curry I made a few days ago, I’ve been enjoying it on a bed of shredded sautéed cabbage and a dollop of yoghurt on top to help increase protein.

Yowzer I’ve been focusing on 800-900 calories too and the 50/50 principle, hoping to see a result this week.

DCT – yes I’ve been stop and start with the 12 days too so will have to continue next week too. I will weigh tomorrow to see what I have managed to lose over the previous 12 days.

My February goal is to reach 88kg, which from my last weigh in is 1.6kg away, so certainly achievable – IF I stay on track! Strapping myself into my seat on the bus as we speak…..

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Just a quick update – I ended up losing 1.1kg (2.45lb) in the 12 day challenge a few of us were doing. Not bad considering I had a few “not quite on plan” days in there! So at 88.7kg I’m 700g away from my February goal.

We still have about 10 weeks left on our bus (until Easter) so enough time for all of us to achieve some success by then 🙂

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,well done on your loss Sue,I’ve lost 2lb but will weigh myself again on 14th when my reset will be finished.I have filled in my food diary for the next 9 days on MFP so am hoping I don’t deviate from that!I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.Dawn X

• posted by Stevoka
    on

Well done all for the losses 👏 Mine continues to move at a slow pace but it is moving consistently. I have a question for those on keto: have you come across any decent keto bread recipes that aren’t insanely complicated? I’ve tried a few and they’ve either been very eggy/fluffy and totally unbreadlike or complicated and then I can’t be bothered to make it! Or do you have an alternative (not bread) that’s helps you fill the craving?

• posted by Stevoka
    on

Well done all for the losses 👏 Mine continues to move at a slow pace but it is moving consistently. I have a question for those on keto: have you come across any decent keto bread recipes that aren’t insanely complicated? I’ve tried a few and they’ve either been very eggy/fluffy and totally unbreadlike or complicated and then I can’t be bothered to make it! Or do you have an alternative (not bread) that’s helps you fill the craving?

• posted by YBR
    on

I get along fine with “keto Bread”
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/the-keto-bread

The method is easy, but it took a little bit of shopping around to find the ground psyllium husk powder.
    Almond flour is ground almonds.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Thanks YBR. For the psyllium husk powder I wonder if you could just put some psyllium husk in the food processor or NutriBullet to make it into powder? I might try it and see as I have all of the other ingredients.
    Stevoka – I’ve made the protein wraps from MMS Keto book but agree they are eggy – the spoonful of flour gave them a better consistency than the Fast 800 egg wraps though, and I did enjoy them.
    I had a recipe somewhere for Chickpea flatbread, will see if I can find it, they are nice as wraps, although I haven’t made them for ages. I’m lazy and I just buy one of the low carb / high protein seed breads from the supermarket and leave in the freezer for when I feel like bread or toast. At 220 calories for 2 slices, the Burgen brand I bought this week only has 2.5g carbs and 25g protein, something like that, so I thought that was pretty good.

• posted by YBR
    on

My local “Health Food” shop sells Psyllium Husk power, so I haven’t tried, but I don’t see why not.
    It’s not, in my opinion, a wholefood store as it sells a wide range of protein drinks/powders and sports supplements.

• posted by Mariet
    on

I tried cloud bread but found it too eggy for my taste.
    Now, it’s been so long I don’t crave bread any more. But I find it irritating that I can’t find a low carb substitute so I can have a sandwich, just because that would be an easy lunch. It’s fine at the moment because I’m doing OMAD but when I’m dragged (kicking and screaming) back into the hospital to work it might be different.
    I’m only weighing once a week so next Tuesday will be the day. I’m feeling good though, even if I haven’t lost kilos I am hopeful I’ll have lost inches.
    I have my new puppy- too cute for words but OMG she is exhausting. The last time I had a puppy I also had a10 and 13 year old who did all the stuff I’m doing now 😭
    If anyone has tips about how to discourage her from biting my hands and feet I’d be really interested! Needle sharp teeth.

• posted by Stevoka
    on

Thanks so much for the recommendations. I shall give them a try. I have an allergic reaction to psyllium but I’m thinking maybe I could substitute some flax seed instead. Will take a look. Totally agree about the cloud bread Mariet. I feel for you on the exhaustion front but also so jealous and would LOVE to be able to have a puppy 🙂 I live in the Bahamas. It’s beautiful but getting hold of anything that’s low carb that doesn’t break the bank isn’t happening!

Please log in or register to post a reply.