100 day Journey to Easter

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi Sue, glad you had a good time away, and well done for not gaining. And maybe we should set a time for a bus “dance wherever you are” session, to lift our spirits?!

I’m now back from visiting my mother and feel inspired to get fully back on board again. At her birthday lunch I caught a glimpse of myself in a full length mirror in a dress that I normally enjoy wearing, and thought looked good, but now looks distinctly bulgy!

So I repeated to myself MMs mantra from his recent TV series “Lose a stone in 21 days” and thought, yes please!! It’s my birthday at the end of April and I have, starting today, 21 days between now and then, not counting a handful of days when I know I will be eating out etc. So I have 21 concentrated days and oh how I would love to lose that stone!!

Being realistic, I don’t think I will lose a whole stone. I’m a slow loser and have been round the BSD block several times now. But if I could make significant progress in those 21 days I’ll be a happy bunny. Best birthday present ever.

As regards this challenge, there are still almost 2 weeks to go, so at the very least I’d like to end up lighter than when I started. There was a week fairly early on when I lost 4lb so if I can get back to where I was at the end of that week that would be a great start.

Wish me luck! I’m great at planning and envisioning, but not so great at the follow through 🙀 Though when I started this WoE back in 2017 I never dreamed I would actually stick to it, let alone lose so much weight. So here’s hoping . . . .

Hope everyone is well and that you all have a positive week in every way X

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello everyone
    DCT- I second what you’ve said and I am with you every step of the way. I am going to try and make the next two weeks count so that I can at least say I lost “something” during this challenge. I’ve been 100% focused for the last couple of days. I have spent a few nights in being about how unhappy I am with myself and how I’ve let myself down So I am working HARD for the next two weeks to make some downwards progress. I have one stone to lose to reach goal. It can be done and it will be done. Why am I making such hard work of things? Excuses, excuses and feeling sorry for myself. I so want to feel happier about myself and look better in my clothes and feel more in control so I am making a massive effort to report a loss on Easter Monday (did you notice I’ve given myself an extra day? How sneaky is that?
    SueBlue- well done on your loss. Every gram is a gram towards goal.
    Yes, I’ve wasted the last 80 days, not every day, but most days. To be fair, I haven’t put any weight on but I haven’t lost anything either. Two steps forwards and three backwards, then three steps backwards and two steps forwards!! Life has had a habit of testing me and I’ve failed but I keep dusting myself down and trying again.
    I am feeling much better after my chest infection. I have been for two weekend walks and enjoyed feeling fitter and I’ve worked two long days at the vaccination centre without eating a biscuit and I am feeling positive about feeling better about myself.
    Hope everyone else is feeling inspired to make the best of the next two weeks and I am sure there will be a few of us ready to embark on yet another challenge after the Easter challenge. I really hoped to be at goal by Easter but I’ll keep on plodding.

• posted by Natalie
    on

ClarinetCathy you definitely haven’t failed – you’re still here and still kicking!
    I’m about 2.5kg down from the start of this challenge, better than a gain! Life has thrown so much at us these past couple of years I’m trying to be grateful for what I’ve got, but still work towards better.
    I’m already indulging in a bit of Easter here and there so I’m just hoping to maintain for these last couple of weeks. I’m a chocoholic so Easter is a big temptation for me, even before we had kids my husband has always set up Easter egg hunts just for me! Now I have to share with teenage children 🙃 One year he bought me a one kilogram Lindt bunny!
    My birthday is in July so I’m already looking ahead to that period between Easter (after eating all my eggs) and birthday as that magic time when there will be no temptations and I will find losing weight and getting healthy so effortless… won’t that be wonderful!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

DCT don’t worry,all of us on this bus are sometimes guilty of not being great at following through!
    The main thing is we dust ourselves down and try ,try again,just like you’re doing in order to give yrself a lovely bday prezzy 👏👏
    CCATHY only one stone left before goal is to be highly commended! 👏👏
    Like NATALIE says,you’re still here,bowling along on the bus with us all.
    The last stone is often the most stubborn and don’t forget..you haven’t gained even if you haven’t lost! There’s a lot to be said for that.
    NATALIE that’s so sweet of yr hubby doing Easter egg hunts for you 💕💜
    And I have to admit,I too have here and there indulged in ( ahem) a bit of an early Easter 🙂🙃
    I’ve just read ‘ No mud no lotus’ and it made me think of our bustravelling gang.
    And thisvalso made me think of us….
    “ Even in the dark soil a seed is becoming something beautiful’
    We’ll get there 🙂🙃👍 🎶🎶🎶 Keep right on til the end of the road!🎶🎶🎶 ( sing up everybody!)

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi bus gang,hope all feeling well and bright eyed and bushy tailed!
    Easter gets ever closer! Tomorrow there’s nine days left til Easter Sunday. Nine is a magic number to me …I’m going to do a 9 day last minute blitz ! I did really well doing mini 12 day challenges ( twice) but typical me,have spoilt the results a bit by being impatient for Easter to come and already demolished some hot cross buns and chocolate too,on more than one occasion.🥴🙄☺️ Do I ever learn? ( no….) The wet lettuce is being brandished.
    Take care folks,love and hugs. Xx Ding ding! Hold on to your hollyhocks,the bus is whizzing along! X😄🥳😘
    🎶🎶 ten green bottles..hanging on the wall…🎶🎶🎶

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Thanks Yowzer as it happens I AM feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning 🙂
    I weighed myself and was delighted to find I’d discarded another 800g this week. That’s not a huge amount I know but makes up for only losing 100g in the entire month of March! This means that at 88.4kg I’m the lowest weight I’ve been in decades, and I’m only 400g away from my Easter goal (although still 8.4kg away from my major goal).
    And as I love numbers I thought I’d check my weight in stones and I was delighted to see I’m now in the 13s! Only just, but still it’s a lot better than 16 stone something which I was pre-BSD!
    I wish I could say that my loss this week has been because I’ve diligently stuck to plan, or I’d fasted, but I can’t! All I can put it down to is maybe that with going away for a few days I mixed things up a bit – I was eating & drinking a lot more carbs than I usually would (Hot cross buns, Pies, turkish bread, hot chips, beer….)but doing loads of walking, and then this whoosh has happened after returning home and eating lower carb again. Now I just need to keep in my seat and stick to plan for the next week and I may be able to shift another 400g…
    Hope everyone is keeping well. We’ve (touch wood) managed to avoid Covid in our household so far, but now my eldest daughter who lives with her fiancé is not Feeling well, and her fiancé tested positive a couple of days ago. They are both otherwise healthy, young and triple vaccinated so fingers crossed they’ll feel better quite quickly.

on

hello Everyone

Thank you Yowser for keeping our spirits up on the bus. You are such a positive person and it’s really lovely that you look after us all.

Another loss SueBlue- wow you’re amazing. Almost at your Easter goal and the lowest weight for decades – that is absolutely fantastic. What an inspiration you are.

I am doing well and am on plan but had another set back yesterday. Another fall at home yesterday evening resulted in a trip to A&E last night. I’ve a torn a ligament in my ankle and have an avulsion fracture. Thankfully don’t need surgery. Rest and ice for me over the weekend and I am luckily able to put some weight on the foot this morning. My ankles are so weak after many falls and injuries. I’m still undergoing physio on the other ankle! Unbelievable!

I am determined to make the next 10 days count. My walking plan is on hold but I have healthy food in my fridge and am inspired to do well.

My new breakfast has been hot stewed rhubarb, a chopped date, two or three raspberries and Greek Yoghurt. Try it- it’s a taste sensation! I microwave a stick of rhubarb with a little water and that does two portions. The hot rhubarb with cold Greek yoghurt is divine. The chopped date adds a little sweetness.

Have a fab weekend everyone. If, like me, you’ve not made the progress you hoped for on this trip, stay positive. We are still enjoying a fabulous ride on the bus together and our destination hasn’t been reached yet so we can board the new bus waiting for us in the terminus to our next destination. Onwards and downwards everyone.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy so sorry to read about your ankle injury! Take care of yourself xx
    Your rhubarb breakfast sounds delicious – so much so that I’ve added rhubarb into my fruit and veg delivery next week, really looking forward to trying it 🙂 there’s a nice rhubarb bake recipe in one of the books too, I think the BSD one, so I’m going to look that one up and make again. My aim for the next week is to increase my veg intake as I’ve slacked off a bit over the last couple of weeks. Going to make some pumpkin soup today 🙂 now that we’re well into Autumn and the weather is cooler I feel like eating soup.
    Hope everyone has a good weekend – our last one before Easter on the bus!

on

Hello everyone. Can’t believe it’s our last week approaching. Just where did those 100 days go?!

I would love to say that I have achieved some of my targets during those 100 days but sadly not. I made some good progress since starting my 21 day jaunt last week, but have been away (again!) this weekend and fear some of it may have been undone. But tomorrow is a new day, a new week, so I’ll keep looking forward rather than back.

Catching up with recent posts . . .

Cathy I’m so sorry about your ankle! I remember you having various ankle problems and injuries along the way. I do hope this one heals quickly 🤞

Sue I was delighted to hear about you being at your lowest weight for decades. That is really inspiring, well done!! Glad you had a good time away too.

Natalie I’m aiming for a good loss by my birthday too, but it’s in 3 weeks so I’d better get my skates on 🙀

And Yowzer, I echo what others have said about you being a constant source of encouragement. Thank you X

Finally, I just want to ask if people want a new thread setting up for after our Easter journey ends? It’s been mentioned by a few people, and I certainly would love to keep on going if there is enough interest out there to do so. In which case I’m happy to set it up, unless anyone else would like to do it?

If so, I’d wondered about a Jubilee theme – unless that’s too UK-orientated? I don’t mean it has to be very pro-royalist or anything like that, but I was thinking the timescale – of the first weekend in June – might be a good one to go for. It’s just about 8 weeks which would fit well with the original 8 week BSD diet that many of us started with. And, whatever version we’re doing now, it could be an ambitious but fun and do-able challenge.

Let me know what you think?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

DCT ….Wowzer …Yes please! Wd love that 💜 all the ‘ bad’ or ‘ trigger things’ for a lot of us will be out of the way soon..mums day,Easter,the weather a bit warmer for some of us,meaning no need for comfort meals…a nice fresh start 💕xx 🥳xx

• posted by SueBlue
    on

DCT – yes I love the idea of a jubilee theme – it suits us aussies too as June is the month of the Queens birthday long weekend (public holiday) – its the 2nd weekend in June but close enough!

Just wanted to remind everyone too to take measurements regularly (if not doing already). I’ve been doing it once per month and was delighted to find that over the last 4 weeks I’ve lost another 5cm – 3cm from my hips and 2cm from around my waist – the spare tyre is slowly deflating!

I’ll report in at Easter and work our how much I’ve lost on this journey, I think it’s 2.7kg so far so I’d love to be able to round it up to 3kg – going to knuckle down this week!

• posted by Natalie
    on

I think 8 weeks is a really do-able time period to commit to. I’m in.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi guys ! Hope your week has got off to a good start. I’ve lost the paper where my weight at start of this challenge was recorded. I shredded a lot of paper and think that’s gone by mistake. I still have my weight from another challenge,dated 1 July,so have only got that to go by now. Am doing well having a blitz this last few days before Easter..hope everyone’s doing well with this-last-final- puuuuuush! If not,never fear,we can start again post Easter. The bus is always ready and waiting for another trip!
    Remember this…
    Hope is the only thing stronger than fear
    💜🌸💕💜 you’re allowed to cry,you’re allowed to scream,but never give up bus peeps! 💜🌸💕💜

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Just dropping in to wish all of my fellow travellers a very happy & safe Easter 🐣 🐣 🍫 🍫 💐 💐
    I weighed in this morning and saw that I’d gained a few hundred grams since my whoosh last week BUT on a positive note over our Easter bus journey I’ve lost another 2.2kg (just under 5lb), and another 11cm from my bust-waist-hips &
    thighs, and now fit comfortably into most size 16 clothes.
    I’m by no means at my goal weight but well on the way I guess, and enjoying the journey along the way, appreciating the NSV’s. I was shopping for a few new winter clothes earlier in the week and was delighted to see that I’m now a M/L in belts & knitwear – a big change from the XL/XXL I used to be 🙂
    Also I’d bought a pair of designer brand jeans about 5 years ago – they were labelled a size 20 and I was confused when they didn’t fit but kept them anyway as they are a good cut and fabric. Every 6 months or so I try them on. In the beginning I couldn’t pull them up over my thighs! But yesterday I was able to get the zip half way up. I then measured the waist and found that they are a size 16 not 20! So obviously a mis-label, no wonder they didn’t fit when I weighed 13kg more than I do now!

So although I’m not quite where I thought I’d be at Easter I’m happy anyway 🙂
    I’m looking forward to our next journey which will get me closer to goal – Happy Scales is saying I’ll be at goal before the end of August if I can stay on track and lose 1/2kg per week.
    I’m going to have a few days “off plan” then will be back on the bus next Tuesday 🙂

• posted by LindaandHubby
    on

Hi everyone
    Hope everyone is well & doing good. It’s been an unsettling time with what’s going on in the world so weight loss has really been the last thing on our minds.

I celebrated my 70th Birthday on the 11th BUT decided to weigh this morning as it’s Good Friday & I was born on Good Friday way back, I reckon I can be like the Queen & have 2 birthdays 🙂 sadly I’m still at 11stone 12.2lb BUT that’s OK. Can’t get hubby to go on the scales but it’s obvious that he’s gone back up to 17 stone & maybe a few pounds over that too??

Well at least we’re still here. We were both hoping that we’d have lost more weight as we have been eating low carb mainly BUT have succumbed to some goodies so our stalled weights are our own fault. Never mind, when 1 bus comes in there’s usually one behind it & we both need to get on the next one.

Had an email today to tell us we have to pay for our 2 week cruise to the Norwegian Fiords & Arctic regions in late August by the 20th April a full 4 months away. That’s OK but it just seems a trifle early as I haven’t sorted out insurance yet & hubby hasn’t seen his cardiologist in well over 2 years – last time he saw her we were told to always stay within 20 miles of larger hospitals in the UK. I may have to ask if they can take the full amount a little later as Princess need it 3 months before sailing & we’d like to get the go ahead from a cardiologist first & sort out insurance after we’ve had the OK to go. I think we’d go anyway BUT it might make the Insurance less costly. Such trying times – NOT! lol

We will be joining the next bus as we’d both like to slim down a bit before embarking on the cruise. If I lost 1lb or more 🙂 a week I’d be very happy. I think hubby would be too.

I have food to prepare before hubby gets up from his nap so I’m sorry that I’ve not got time to comment on all your recent posts.

Take care all
    Onward & downwards
    Linda XXXX

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi all,apologies for not posting for a few weeks,the time has flown by without me really realising it if that makes sense🤪I will try to catch up on posts over the next few days.I’m due to weigh myself tomorrow but think I will wait until Monday as that’s when I really want to get back on board,I can’t imagine I’ve lost any more than the 8lbs I had lost when I weighed myself on 31st March.I think I used my 12 days of having Covid as an excuse to over indulge and haven’t quite got back into the swing of things and we are spending the whole of today at our friends’ house then it’s my mum’s birthday tomorrow so she’s coming round with my sister and b-I-l and we are doing a little birthday breakfast for her so I may find it difficult as all of my carby/sweet cravings are clawing their way back in.I hope everyone is having a lovely Easter.Dawn X

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi everyone, slinking back after being missing (but reading every post!) for far too long. So good to see good results for so many of us.

I have been following low carb eating of course because that’s all I have in the house but have had a little rice etc when eating out. I haven’t counted carbs or calories. But I don’t have breakfast and often don’t have lunch so maybe that’s why I stunned myself with a2.2kg loss over the challenge. That’s not something to crow about, 2.2kg in 100 days but it’s way better than a gain and I’ll take it.

Yesterday I was with my son and his 3 year old daughter, making hot cross buns with yeast and the whole bit. So I had to eat one, my son was so ridiculously proud of them.

I used to do this with him and my daughter when he was a kid and I’m touched and flattered that he wants to keep the activity going with his children.

Now I’m all energised to do better in our Jubilee thread! Great name, and I’ve started today, writing down everything that’s passed my lips and all ready to make soup for lunches.

Looking forward to the new challenge!

on

Hi to recent posters Yowzer, Mariet, Dawn, Linda, Sue, Natalie, Cathy and everyone else reading this.

Just to wish you all a very Happy Easter! Which means that our journey is almost at an end. I have so enjoyed travelling with you since January.

The journey has not gone well for me personally but life happens and I will persevere! Huge congratulations to all who achieved progress over the last few weeks. I’m really pleased for you. Well done!

I will set up our next thread – Jubilee Journey – now, for those that want to get started. I personally will hop on board on Tuesday and an hoping for better things this time round!

Lots of love XX

on

Happy Easter everyone. My 100 day journey didn’t go to plan. I started off with such positive intentions and things just went pear shaped. Many difficult things to cope with. I am no heavier than when I started but no lighter either. I’ve tried on some of my summer clothes and they’ll be even better with a few pounds off so I will be joining the eight week jubilee thread in the hope of better success this time! My husband goes away on 3rd May for 12 weeks and it would be fantastic if I got to goal weight by the time he was back home in July. Our holiday in September to Turkey is why I want to lose the excess- to fit into my summer clothes and swimwear without bulges. Once again I have good intentions and I hope life doesn’t get me down again. I’m fed up of battling
    Well done to everyone who lost weight and kept us inspired during this journey. The thread has kept me accountable and on the straight and narrow but I really do need to step things up now In order to start losing weight. I’ll look forward to boarding the Jubilee Bus on Tuesday. I will weigh myself on Tuesday and take things from there. 🐣

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUEBLUE well done on those NSVs! 👍
    LINDA great to get a catch up and hear your news x
    DAWN hope you’ve enjoyed yr special day today and have a lovely time with yr mum tomorrow X
    MARIET “slinking back” made me laugh! 😄x
    DCT thanks so much as always for sorting our new challenge out!X
    CCATHY you can do it 👍 looking forward to being back on the bus with you and all our gang x
    So much appreciate everyone here for their support and kindness and honesty!
    I don’t know what I’ve lost,this challenge…I’ve lost the note of what I weighed when this challenge started 100 days ago. I know I deffo lost about 15 1/2 lb but sadly some of its gone back on I think…
    Still,I think I’m about 2 stone less than I was last July,which isn’t fantastic 9 months later,but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick 😄
    VERANO left a great quote on another thread..if we can follow this..we’ll all get to our goal…
    “First, it is an intention. Then a behaviour. Then a habit. Then a practice. Then a second nature. Then it is simply who you are.”
    Seeya all aboard the shiny new Jubilee Bus! 🥳Can’t wait! Wooohoooooo! I’m jumping on with both feet on Tuesday. Be there or be square! Love and bunny hugs to everyone and have a sunny warm and chocolate filled Easter Sunday 🥳
    🥂🥂🥂XXXXXX 🥂🥂🥂

• posted by Natalie
    on

I will also be on the Jubilee bus on Tuesday, planning to get serious about my health! Aside from a few days away in May as my daughter is on the State gymnastics team competing in Nationals, which coincides with my 20 year wedding anniversary, I plan to get strict with myself. Not to deprive, but to nourish! I think I’ll make a chart to tick off eating vegetables, a big downfall of mine. So vital to health, and when I’m full of veges I don’t need so much other stuff. I plan to focus on what I can eat rather than what I can’t.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

NATALIe that’s such a good point,”not to deprive but to nourish” 👏👏💚 xx

• posted by Verano
    on

WOW! YOWZER! Could you ask for any more? Sounds like the last 12 months have been a real success. I’m more or less the same weight I was this time last year so not a success story but at least no gain. I’ll take that and run with it!
    I’ve not really taken part in the 100 day challenge as it’s a bit too long for me. The next challenge is just 7 weeks and coincides with a holiday ….. first in over two years!! So I’d love to join you all.
    See you on the new thread.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone – can I just slink in behind Mariet. I’ve been hanging off the back of the bus most of this journey, and then I fell off completely for the last month or more.
    Congratulations to all those who achieved, or made progress on their targets – and in fact to everyone who stayed on the bus!

I did pretty well with varying my low carb meals at the beginning of the journey, but my SIL has been staying with us for a few weeks which means meals were more the type of meat and veg family meals she (and my husband) likes, with the carbs off for me.
    My exercise targets just went out the window – and when I did get in a long walk I usually forgot to take my step-o-meter.

I’m starting over tomorrow and I’m hoping to join the Jubilee bus tomorrow night or Wednesday (we’re taking my SIL home tomorrow daytime). I’m going to repeat my first BSD 800 for our Jubilee journey to get me back to the discipline of my earlier days.

Have a great Easter Monday morning, afternoon or night.
    Jennie

Please log in or register to post a reply.