Yogurt question…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MooLoc
    on

Hi,
    I’m new to BSD but just can’t face plain yogurt – even with berries added!
    I know I probably can eventually but for now I’d prefer to skip the yogurt entirely than face the plain version.
    However, I do think it adds good fat so I have bought Yeo Valley Greek yog with honey which I know isn’t part of the plan but am having a tablespoon once/twice a day.
    Will the honey cause a problem do you think?

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi moloch,
    Anything with honey is not a good idea as its sweet, and sugary, have you tried the Farge Total Greek yogurt, it’s lower in carbs and is better than ordinary Greek yogurt, try it with blueberries, they are sweeter than some berries, and they are good for you to boot! It took me a while to get used to plain yogurt but now I like it, my sweet tooth has been muted at last. Good luck and keep posting
    Christine

• posted by Florasalopia
    on

You could flavour the yoghurt with rose water or orange flower water or add a few drops of almond or vanilla extract, all much better than adding sugar in the shape of honey.

• posted by barby
    on

I was the same Mooloc, didn’t like plain yoghurt at all. Now I do, especially with berries warmed in microwave for few seconds, and then mashed into yoghurt.

You do need to cut sugar including honey out, it really is easy after a few days. Then your body gets used to the new tastes, and it is MUCH easier to do this. It is a big change I know, but worth trying. Good luck.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

MooLoc, buy either Fage (not the 0%) or Aldi authentic greek yoghurt – they are not like greek STYLE yoghurt. Then nip to Aldi and buy milled flaxseed with sesame seeds and raspberries. Put a teaspoon of it on your yoghurt along with some blueberries as suggested by Christine and you should find it sweet enough. 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.