White Flour

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Not me lynne
    you have vast experience with your condition and have learned over the years how to deal with it, I have known several people who suffered from clinical depression, some could cope with it very well, others just fell to pieces, it’s such an individual thing.
    The OP on there didn’t seem to be coping very well which prompted me to ask if this diet, knowing it can cause mood swings, was suitable for her.
    I did revisit the post last night just to look and she had fully supported the one who went for my throat so maybe I was wrong, or she prefers the sympathetic approach. Can’t get it right all the time but the statement I can’t stop eating bad things got to me. Food doesn’t just materialise in your mouth, you have to make a concious decision to fetch it, unwrap it, and eat it. I thought if she could see the reasons why she was doing it, she may be able to stop.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Bill

One thing we learn is that ‘one size fits all’ does not, in fact ‘fit all’. Whether it be clothes, medications or diets – or anything else.

I had spotted that post earlier but you responded before I could. Sorry you were attacked – you don’t deserve or need that.

Thanks for all your support on here. It’s much appreciated. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi captainlynne,
    I have just read a few of the posts, I thought you were leaving this group! I’m so pleased I got it wrong and it’s FB you were leaving, I always think you and Bill1954 have such positive attitudes towards this bsd and helping people I enjoy reading the posts as a lot of them mirror my journey to losing weight. I too have lived most of my married life with different forms of depression, I had a complete breakdown 18 months after my 4th child was born, ( post natal) that wasn’t picked up on, I am talking nearly 35 years ago, it just never seemed to completely go away and I battled on, clinical mostly, however now I’m retired I can use my cbt and mindfulness to help keep me on an even keel
    On a bsd diet point, I was having problems with not losing and feeling down, Bill posted a positive reply to me, I can now say this week has been so much better, on Tuesday I was giving my gown up daughter a birthday tea, as another daughter was coming with her three girls for tea, so I did her her favourite dessert, sherry and strawberry trifle and a choc mint birthday cake, agony for me as I love them both, well the point I am making is, I did the party tea and didn’t get tempted by either the trifle or the cake, (there is still a couple of slice of cake left in the fridge!) and to top it all I have started losing weight again after a short period where I didn’t lose and even put a bit on, I am now in a better place both physically and mentally so thank you to you and all the other ‘posters’ they all help tremendously. ‘

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Christi.

No, you don’t get rid of me from here so easily LOL

Glad to hear you’re feeling better about this, and losing again.

It can be hard when we have food around us that would normally have tempted us. Just the other day I was given a big tin of Heroes chocolates – for me and the twins! Not even thought of opening them. Last year the twins left lots of Easter eggs here – finally took them home in October. No, grandma hadn’t touched them – and that was before BSD. It’s not long ago that I couldn’t have chocolate in the house without eating it. Have even been known to wash down several Mars Bars with Diet Coke ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

It’s a great group of folk on here and someone is usually around to help because we’re all over the world in different time zones. For me, posting on here and making myself accountable to everyone is a big help. So thanks everyone.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

The more I read on here the more admiration I have for you folks. Bill, Christi and Lynne thanks for the recent posts. They are helpful and informative and can’t be easy to post. I salute all those who take the time to post – it must be a big chunk out of the day.
    My weight loss is only 100g this week but I have struggled with less sleep and exam-stressed daughters in recent weeks, not to mention issues with a committee I volunteer to sit on (note to self – give it up) so consider even a tiny loss to be progress regardless of my original hope. At least work is simple ATM.
    Best wishes to all for a good weekend – food choices too!
    I have been thinking that I still haven’t seen the reduced desire for sweet things others report, with the exception of sugar free fizzy drinks which I now find unbearable. Anyone else similar? I resist 90% of the time but others report a total reduction of desire for them – would love to see that happen to me. Apologies for long and rambling post!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Julia
    Sorry can’t remember how long you have been on the plan but the carb craving went for me week 3 to 4 and by week 5 I wasn’t even thinking of them.
    It will happen for you too.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Julia, a few weeks ago I turned down an easter egg with a longing look after it – now I genuinely could not eat one. Sometimes the sugary smells in chocolatey/cakey aisles actually nauseate me now. My son looked at me a bit oddly the first time I said ‘the smell of sugar in here is a bit nauseating’. ‘how can you smell sugar?’ I don’t know, I never used to, but I can now and I don’t like it.
    So, Julia, hang on the same may happen to you ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.